Moto games..

BESTY #72
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:08pm
Why are they going backwards?

Alive is obviously awful, the FIM game looks worse than Moto Racer on PS1. What's happening? I've been playing motocross madness 2 and that game is ten times better than the latest MX games. Anyone going to step up and make a worth while, realistic game?
|
peelout
1/20/2012 1:58pm
what's funny is i have been playing MX Unleashed on my free time and i always fire up Excitebike on my Wii

2XL needs to build a moto/sx only game, they would absolutely kill it IMO
rc4187
1/20/2012 1:59pm
I'm looking forward to this one:

Trials Evolution

Also reflex is a pretty good game on pc. Just lacks content. But it is a pretty active community.
WillyB
1/20/2012 2:03pm
Reflex on the PC FTW!!! ^^
C.Worthy
1/20/2012 2:15pm
I was always a fan of Mx Unleashed and the supermoto races you could choose to race. I don't like the fact that Alive doesn't have any supercross tracks on the game. There are only two mediocre supercross tracks that you have to buy for $5 -__-

The Shop

the_wood109
1/20/2012 2:16pm
2XL has a game for PC called 2xl supercross...it's pretty horrible. No multiplayer, basic controls, lackluster physics, and no terrain degradation. They still have a long way to go to reach the level that THQ was at.
rc4187
1/20/2012 2:25pm
2XL has a game for PC called 2xl supercross...it's pretty horrible. No multiplayer, basic controls, lackluster physics, and no terrain degradation. They still have a long...
2XL has a game for PC called 2xl supercross...it's pretty horrible. No multiplayer, basic controls, lackluster physics, and no terrain degradation. They still have a long way to go to reach the level that THQ was at.
the 2xl game on pc is a port over from iphone. 2xl is most of the team that made the original motocross madness games.
Fantasy
4478th
1/20/2012 2:31pm
I play Mx vs. ATV unleashed at least once a week and throw in excitebike 64 every now and then. I don't own any games newer than unleashed nor do I plan to in the near future.
BESTY #72
1/20/2012 3:24pm
You guys moan at the prices you payed for the Alive content.. Us euro's had to pretty much double it! Think how pissed we are!

Looking at games like forza etc, the amount of detail and the way you can download/ create pretty much anything the comparrison to Alive etc is stupid. It makes them look like game colour games. How hard can it be for these guys?

Ron Ron, (roncada) 2XL's moto game, guru. Said that he has some stuff in works with monster and a McGrath game(truck game) surely he could make a Rainbow Studios/ 2XL colab and bust out an MX game?

Reflex was good, but after playing alive unfortunatly I'm now incapable of playing it.

I like the look of the stuff you can do on mx sim, but my standard dell wouldnt hack it and it looks too much. I want a game that plays like the earlier ones, just with the ability to through descent whips/ scrubs, constantly updated gear/ opponents, real tracks or decent tracks and no, £4.25 for 5 gear sets. Fingers crossed codemasters will step up and bring out a game like this cs, look at Dirt 3. They understand whats needed and how it should play. Also who's advice to take (NOT STEWARTS!).

I've seen all the MCM2 downloadable stuff, but have no clue as to how to get it into the actual game? Anyone help me?
Hawwy
1/20/2012 3:46pm
MX Simulator... game rocks!
mx836
1/20/2012 5:42pm
Hawwy wrote:
MX Simulator... game rocks!
Best game ever created IMO. Takes some time to learn, but well worth it.
MX45
1/20/2012 5:46pm
hmmm..
MXTR
1/20/2012 6:17pm
rc4187 wrote:
I'm looking forward to this one: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKjlFqwKaPE]Trials Evolution[/url] Also reflex is a pretty good game on pc. Just lacks content. But it is a pretty active...
I'm looking forward to this one:

Trials Evolution

Also reflex is a pretty good game on pc. Just lacks content. But it is a pretty active community.
Yep, can't wait for the new Trials to come out. Should be awesome!
1/20/2012 6:22pm
If your not playing MX simulator with all the new models/skins and tracks, you're just simply not doing it right.

MX simulator is about as good of a MX game your gonna get folks, and this is not viral marketing, it's the damn truth.
WillyB
1/20/2012 6:51pm
is mx sim first person view only?
1/20/2012 6:59pm
WillyB wrote:
is mx sim first person view only?
no, you can go third, I race in third fuck firstperson shits hard
BESTY #72
1/21/2012 9:09am
Yeah, but I kind of want a game on my Xbox or a ps3 for that matter. I tried mx sim, but it's just effort And I was only able to play in first person, which put me off! I managed about 3 laps, my laptop kept messing up and I sucked at it.

Hopefully Rainbow studios/ 2XL will team up with the mx sim guys and bring a new mx game to consoles. I think that a store like fora has should be included because regardless of what brands want to be included, users can create stuff and upload it. That'd be the best way to go. Along with a track editor, that could easily be linked to pc. Eg a website in which you sign in with your Xbox/ ps3 account and create tracks or free ride areas. With the way people design the actual SX tracks on mx sim, this would be pretty cool. Along with nationals and tracks that actually re-act/ degrade as a race goes on.

The free ride areas should also be like the earlier mx unleashed games, where you can go from a national track to a free ride area, and even throw in a SX track.

Someone step up!
Moto331
1/21/2012 9:54am
Guys, I just bought alive last night. Im discusted. Why does the guy look so gay on the bike? Real big, stiff, stupid body. It is so hard to control the guy. No supercross. Its just lame! WTF happened! mxvs atv unleashed and untamed were awesome...

Please tell me, does the game get cooler as you level up
1/21/2012 10:00am
BESTY #72 wrote:
Yeah, but I kind of want a game on my Xbox or a ps3 for that matter. I tried mx sim, but it's just effort And...
Yeah, but I kind of want a game on my Xbox or a ps3 for that matter. I tried mx sim, but it's just effort And I was only able to play in first person, which put me off! I managed about 3 laps, my laptop kept messing up and I sucked at it.

Hopefully Rainbow studios/ 2XL will team up with the mx sim guys and bring a new mx game to consoles. I think that a store like fora has should be included because regardless of what brands want to be included, users can create stuff and upload it. That'd be the best way to go. Along with a track editor, that could easily be linked to pc. Eg a website in which you sign in with your Xbox/ ps3 account and create tracks or free ride areas. With the way people design the actual SX tracks on mx sim, this would be pretty cool. Along with nationals and tracks that actually re-act/ degrade as a race goes on.

The free ride areas should also be like the earlier mx unleashed games, where you can go from a national track to a free ride area, and even throw in a SX track.

Someone step up!
You press tab to get to third person...

And it takes a whole lot more than 3 laps to get any good at that game
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
1/21/2012 10:10am
Moto331 wrote:
Guys, I just bought alive last night. Im discusted. Why does the guy look so gay on the bike? Real big, stiff, stupid body. It is...
Guys, I just bought alive last night. Im discusted. Why does the guy look so gay on the bike? Real big, stiff, stupid body. It is so hard to control the guy. No supercross. Its just lame! WTF happened! mxvs atv unleashed and untamed were awesome...

Please tell me, does the game get cooler as you level up
It gets better as you get to level 50.

The main thing is this: will we ever get a replica sx/mx game that we all want? probably not.

I have learned to get over that anger of never getting the perfect game and accept what they have offered us, the unleashed games were fantastic, untamed was ok, reflex was incredible and alive is just ok.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
1/21/2012 11:13am
Forgive me for sounding like a typical MXS fanboy, but that game really is all you could ask for in an MX game if you have the patience to learn it.
1/21/2012 11:17am
BESTY #72 wrote:
Yeah, but I kind of want a game on my Xbox or a ps3 for that matter. I tried mx sim, but it's just effort And...

Someone step up!
keep living in fantasy land bro, a game that complex for a market as small as motocross, hate to be the hammer of reality but that is never going to happen...

And like the man above said, you need way more than 3 laps to get a feel for the game. Try 3 months, then you'll get it.
moto431
Fantasy
1063rd
1/21/2012 11:20am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 11:20am
I believe 2XL company was made up from the guys who left Rainbow studios and in turn(braap) made mx unleashed. So they know what it takes they just need to do it. Now is the time since THQ is done
AUS_Twisted
1/21/2012 11:49am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 11:51am
The problem with MX Sim is it's to realistic in some ways for the controls that are used to play it, I've never liked thumb sticks simply because you do not have the full control you do with a good joystick using your whole hand for movement. Car sims don't have this problem because the controls available are the same as the real thing (good ones anyway), I know someone made a handlebar control for bike games awhile back but seriously who is going to buy that just for MX games, I know I wouldn't as my joystick fits on my desk far better and takes up little space.

MX Sim will never be as popular as the MCM and MX vs ATV series because it takes to much for most people to get used to and (have fun) which is the whole reason of wanting to play a MX game in the first place. I still don't think any MX game has touched MCM2 on how many people were racing it at any given night / weekend and what it provided as a whole.

Unless you have a full motion MX bike setup for body positioning controls etc MX can not be close to being simulated properly just using your thumbs.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
1/21/2012 12:47pm
Reflex PC now has a track editor, which could spawn a whole new day for the game, but I just need to figure out how to install these tracks. There are a few custom tracks out there already, but they are free ride and I'm not sure what that means for racing.

I did read that for online races, only the host needs to have the track and all others will be able to play.
the_wood109
1/21/2012 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 2:07pm
Hey disbanded, jump on steam, man. I'll show you how to install them. It's pretty easy.

Nemesis made tracks for all 8 slots, and they're a blast to play. They are freeride atm, so not much for racing but that means you can cut the track and still get into some good battles.

And the host only needs the track isn't true for custom tracks. It works with the stock tracks on freeride, but everyone needs the custom track, or the game will just crash.

Post a reply to: Moto games..

The Latest