Moto gaining fans from NASCAR

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2020 3:37 PM

Per the FBI it turns out that the “hate crime” committed towards Bubba Wallace in NASCAR, was the manual rope pull down for the garage door, and was there for months prior. This is a gigantic PR mistake by NASCAR to run this story full speed, and not take two seconds to question this. I believe Moto will stand to gain some fans from this who aren’t too happy online.

|

@wasummer46

6/23/2020 3:45 PM

Real assets to the sport, confederate flag waving red necks blink

Photo

|

6/23/2020 3:51 PM

I'm no fan of NASCAR....but the above post is beyond ignorant. Typical of today's spoonfed mentality.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/23/2020 3:54 PM

We don’t need them.

|

6/23/2020 4:01 PM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

I'm no fan of NASCAR....but the above post is beyond ignorant. Typical of today's spoonfed mentality.

He! I love NASCAR and follow it from pretty close. That is why I know that the people leaving the sport are the ones who hate the fact that the confederate flag got banned. That are also the ones that hate the fact that Bubba Wallace got so much support after he found this rope in his box. It will be those fans that are now very vocal against media, saying that they should call it all a hoax and not a misunderstanding and that they should call Bubba Wallace a cheater...

To be honest there are a lot of good people following NASCAR too! Lots of people are just there because they love the trill of cars going around against high speed.

|

6/23/2020 4:16 PM

You can kneel with NASCAR

|

6/23/2020 4:21 PM

This sport needs more riders, not more fans. Lucky for us there has seemingly been quite a resurgence as of late. Been hard to find trail and pit bikes... Selling like crazy!

|

James

6/23/2020 4:21 PM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

He! I love NASCAR and follow it from pretty close. That is why I know that the people leaving the sport are the ones who hate the fact that the confederate flag got banned. That are also the ones that hate the fact that Bubba Wallace got so much support after he found this rope in his box. It will be those fans that are now very vocal against media, saying that they should call it all a hoax and not a misunderstanding and that they should call Bubba Wallace a cheater...

To be honest there are a lot of good people following NASCAR too! Lots of people are just there because they love the trill of cars going around against high speed.

1) The term Redneck (by today's definition of racism) is racist, please stop using it. It refers to a group of people based on their skin color.
2) On the Bubba Wallace issue, how did he not clarify that the rope was what it was and end the charade long before the FBI got involved? Its a freaking shit show circus and it detracts from legitimate issues. when I first saw the situation, y first gut reaction was, that it was somehow faked or a mistake. I just couldn't believe someone would do that, turns out they didn't.
3) I've been to Belgium many times and honestly, some of the most racist people I've ever met in the world were in Belgium. They made the most racist comments about Morrocans, African Americans, and middle easterners I just couldn't believe it. Overall, I did enjoy Belgium, outside of some of the people. Many other people were very nice.

|

6/23/2020 4:28 PM

wasummer46 wrote:

Per the FBI it turns out that the “hate crime” committed towards Bubba Wallace in NASCAR, was the manual rope pull down for the garage door, and was there for months prior. This is a gigantic PR mistake by NASCAR to run this story full speed, and not take two seconds to question this. I believe Moto will stand to gain some fans from this who aren’t too happy online.

Moved to Non-Moto.

I’m happy to hear it wasn’t what what they initially thought, and also that a quick investigation showed that to be the case.

Overreaction? Maybe. But given the recent climate and tensions, it wasn’t too far a stretch.

I did think the show of support from all the other drivers was one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while.

|

6/23/2020 4:32 PM

If anything the incident showed there are caring, supportive people in PhotoNASCAR.

|

6/23/2020 4:35 PM

I hate the media!

|

6/23/2020 4:38 PM

GuyB wrote:

Moved to Non-Moto.

I’m happy to hear it wasn’t what what they initially thought, and also that a quick investigation showed that to be the case.

Overreaction? Maybe. But given the recent climate and tensions, it wasn’t too far a stretch.

I did think the show of support from all the other drivers was one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while.

So was that guy on the clipped thread a tin-foil hatter or was he spot on?

Asking for a friend.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/23/2020 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2020 4:47 PM

wasummer46 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Moved to Non-Moto.

JAFO92 wrote:

So was that guy on the clipped thread a tin-foil hatter or was he spot on?

Asking for a friend.

Technically I was only half right...it wasn’t an actual racist incident as I said, but it also wasn’t staged...it wasn’t a noose at all pinch

It just takes a little critical thinking...

|

6/23/2020 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 11:09 AM

A few years ago at a vintage motocross at Hannegan Speedway in Bellingham WA I ran off the track briefly and as it turned out there was a piece of rope on the side of the track that ended up getting wrapped up in my front wheel, looped over my handlebars, and wedged between the spokes and my left fork slider. I was so lucky it did not lock up my front wheel and send me over the bars. I had to pull off the track at the next turn where some spectators helped me get the rope untangled from my bike. After the moto one of the guys that helped me untangle the rope presented it to me. I tied the rope into a hangman's noose and presented it to the guy that had laid out our vintage track that year with the suggestion that they clear the side of the track better next year. No racism was intended.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

6/23/2020 4:58 PM

I think the media reports what some folks want to hear/believe...and so things that are fake (like this noose) become easily believable..

Good news that one guy who “heart sank” is going to be ok.

|

6/23/2020 5:03 PM

Social media (and regular media) is making people effing crazier every day.

|

6/23/2020 5:12 PM

SKIDLID wrote:

I hate the media!

So This rope was found in the team garage and somehow it got reported out that it was a noose? Turns out it was just part of the rope to open a garage door. Now, how in the hell does that get blown up into a story about a noose being placed in the team garage? And should we all believe that a multi-million dollar racing operation as such with millions of dollars in tools, equipment, and custom made racing car parts doesn't have a security camera in the garage that would have shown how the rope got there in the first place? Surely they could have just done an internal investigation and figured this all out without turning it into a shit show. This is more than just the media being a whore in my mind. It either wreaks of Jessie Smollett or its complete over reaction (hoping for the latter).

I'm very glad this was a non-issue and its going away. It was nice to see other Nascar racers backing Bubba on the deal. But the incident stinks. At the very least it was an overblown incident where 15 FBI agents were called in to investigate a hate crime. Waste of more Federal $$$.

|

6/23/2020 5:13 PM

Brad460 wrote:

I think the media reports what some folks want to hear/believe...and so things that are fake (like this noose) become easily believable..

I agree that the media can be absolutely piss poor some times. however this time I think they just reported what Wallace and his team reported.

Glad it wasn't what they thought it was, and glad I was incorrect in believing that it was a racist attack.

|

6/23/2020 5:23 PM

Brad460 wrote:

CM_84 wrote:

I agree that the media can be absolutely piss poor some times. however this time I think they just reported what Wallace and his team reported.

Glad it wasn't what they thought it was, and glad I was incorrect in believing that it was a racist attack.

If I recall- you had a $100 riding on this...tongue

|

6/23/2020 5:25 PM

ain’t nobody in nascar racist. They’re racers. They’ll race wether the fans are in those seats or not. It’s an exclusive club.

|

GP740
Since 1987

6/23/2020 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2020 7:22 PM

Brad460 wrote:

CM_84 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

haha i recall you not taking the bet.
And also I think I proposed the bet based on if Wallace and his team made it up, or faked it
Neither of us were right, so I would say this is a push. laughing

Glad I wasnt correct though

|

6/23/2020 5:35 PM

Photo
|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/23/2020 5:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2020 8:55 AM

Monday’s Talladega race was Nascar’s highest rated makeup / rain delayed race since 2014. (excluding Daytona).

Photo

|

6/23/2020 6:38 PM

Brad460 wrote:

and someone would not take the bet, although, as you said, both of you were technically wrong (or right) , so fuck knows how you would have sorted it out,

from what i read it was a noose, but someone had tied it up like that to keep it out of the way a while back, pretty unlucky set of circumstances for the 43 team to be allocated that garage if that is the case

i'm a fan of nascar and MX, and hope to go to more of both races when we are allowed to travel the world again,

|

6/23/2020 6:44 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

So This rope was found in the team garage and somehow it got reported out that it was a noose? Turns out it was just part of the rope to open a garage door. Now, how in the hell does that get blown up into a story about a noose being placed in the team garage? And should we all believe that a multi-million dollar racing operation as such with millions of dollars in tools, equipment, and custom made racing car parts doesn't have a security camera in the garage that would have shown how the rope got there in the first place? Surely they could have just done an internal investigation and figured this all out without turning it into a shit show. This is more than just the media being a whore in my mind. It either wreaks of Jessie Smollett or its complete over reaction (hoping for the latter).

I'm very glad this was a non-issue and its going away. It was nice to see other Nascar racers backing Bubba on the deal. But the incident stinks. At the very least it was an overblown incident where 15 FBI agents were called in to investigate a hate crime. Waste of more Federal $$$.

news reports here say it was tied like a noose

from NZ herald

US Attorney Jay Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. said its investigation determined "although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week."

A crew member for Richard Petty Motorsports discovered the noose Sunday at the Alabama race track. NASCAR was alerted and contacted the FBI, which sent 15 agents to the track to investigate. They determined no federal crime was committed.

|

6/23/2020 6:48 PM

pic from the Fall race last year, someone's idea of a handle got pulled into the mess

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1275542160868175872/photo/1

|

6/23/2020 7:11 PM

So it was a rope on the garage door?

is that not a detail you would include in the initial accusation... ? What a waste of the FBI's time

|

6/24/2020 12:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2020 1:23 AM

Watched his interview tonight answering questions about the no hate crime findings.

Don't know this guy from a hole in the ground, but he's well spoken and not shy with his choice of words. His us against them attitude is a bit of a reap what you sew equation, but that's a role he seems comfortable with.

His noose explanation:
"It was a noose, it was a noose that, whether tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me, but somebody tied a noose...that's what I'm saying."

|

6/24/2020 1:23 AM

What a waste of public finance....and so symbolic of the over blown tensions guyb mentioned earlier.

|

6/24/2020 3:58 AM

|