Moto customer service in covid era

Are any companies out there actually NOT reducing staffing and making it pretty hard to get in touch with customer service when problems arise?

My example is partzilla. I've used them for the past decade and again placed order for seals on my 87 KX250 project. Seals were in stock so it was a simple drop in mailer and send via 2-day air UPS. Done this dozens and dozens of times, my nearest partzilla outlet is the warehouse so they don't have to drop ship.

UPS lost order, it's been a week since it was originally set to arrive. Partzilla says there is a 8-10 day wait on emails sent to their customer service. When I called their customer service line it said I was call # 90 in queue. First of all there aren't 90 people calling in for motorcycle parts early wednesday morning. Second, I had already waited on hold 20 minutes and the system said at least 25 more minutes.

Are there any parts outlets that ship direct from a warehouse (don't suggest bike bandit, they drop ship) who haven't fired most of their staff due to covid?

|
7/29/2020 8:12am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2020 8:14am
Have you tried your local dealer? They can get OEM parts quickly.

Either that, or call Factory Connection or Race Tech and cut out the middleman.
7/29/2020 8:16am
I don't have a local Kawasaki dealer. The nearest is 40 mins, and the last time I ordered OEM parts it took them 2 weeks to arrive.

As mentioned Parzilla is the warehouse where a lot of drop shippers have to order from an external warehouse (bike bandit for example). Partzilla usually takes 2-3 days from placing order to getting the parts in my mailbox. They used to be super quick answering phones.
7/29/2020 8:23am
Try Factory Connection. I guarantee they have fork seals in stock, and when I called yesterday, they answered the phone right away. They have several locations across the country, so I guaranteed 2 day shipping would be no big deal.

The Shop

Shaggin589
7/29/2020 8:51am
I tried Babbitts and Partzilla and both were awful. Best route is a local dealer. Try Calling Andy at Midstate Motorsports in Tn if you don’t have a local one. I know he can ship and if the Kawasaki warehouse in KY has the parts he can normally get them in a day or 2.
7/29/2020 8:58am
Try Factory Connection. I guarantee they have fork seals in stock, and when I called yesterday, they answered the phone right away. They have several locations...
Try Factory Connection. I guarantee they have fork seals in stock, and when I called yesterday, they answered the phone right away. They have several locations across the country, so I guaranteed 2 day shipping would be no big deal.
If I only needed fork seals I'd be set. I need countershaft and shift shaft seals, both of which are only (thankfully still) available through Kawasaki.
7/29/2020 9:00am
Shaggin589 wrote:
I tried Babbitts and Partzilla and both were awful. Best route is a local dealer. Try Calling Andy at Midstate Motorsports in Tn if you don’t...
I tried Babbitts and Partzilla and both were awful. Best route is a local dealer. Try Calling Andy at Midstate Motorsports in Tn if you don’t have a local one. I know he can ship and if the Kawasaki warehouse in KY has the parts he can normally get them in a day or 2.
Dang I wish I had a local dealer like yours. The last time I tried my now closed local dealer, it took them 2 weeks to get the parts in. PZ used to be amazing and honestly the lost shipment isn't their fault at all. But the lack of customer service really sucks.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/29/2020 9:03am
I ordered from motorsport.com last week, the free 3 day shipping arrived a day early.
Moto520
7/29/2020 9:19am
Motosport or rocky mountain...….both still have great service.
7/29/2020 9:30am
update to the issue with partzilla, they actually just called and are shipping out replacements next day air. Should have them by the weekend.

Moto520 does motosport and rocky mountain have warehouses full of OEM (not aftermarket) parts? Or are they like drop shipping from places like partzilla, who do have the pretty huge warehouse full of OEM factory parts...
7/29/2020 10:13am
True tho, sometimes folks shine during tough times.

Looks like Engine Ice is still wide open and responsive. Had to order smaller roller derby jerseys this week for next year and the company answered my call on first ring and were super responsive to subsequent emails.

At least when they did call back, Partzilla's rep was super helpful and understanding.
AH387
7/29/2020 11:47am
I guess it is bound to be an issue here and there, given the circumstances. I actually had an order get messed up with Motoseat and they were very prompt to fix the issues. So I was very pleased by that. I have had friends say that they were having issues with getting parts and whatnot, but so far I have been pretty good about getting what I needed.
MCP486
7/29/2020 11:59am
If I only needed fork seals I'd be set. I need countershaft and shift shaft seals, both of which are only (thankfully still) available through Kawasaki.
FYI, Rocky Mountain is about 20% less expensive, and is showing the countershaft and shift shaft seals in stock. I've never had an issue when ordering OEM parts from them.
captmoto
7/29/2020 4:06pm
Rocky Mountain again. I had an order in on Thursday night, at my door on Monday afternoon. They have a warehouse in Winchester KY. so they should be able to get parts to you pretty quick. The other thing you can do is take your seals to a local seal and bearing store. They are dirt cheap that way.
FWYT
7/29/2020 5:13pm
In my opinion customer service across many industries have deteriorated during this time.
Yeah, my experience is that a lot of businesses across the board are trying their best but
things are just whacked all over. Short staffed for any number of legit reasons. We're all just trying
to get through this shit.
500guy
7/29/2020 5:33pm
Covid is just an excuse for complete shit service across the board.

Doesn't matter if it's a Doctors office or plumbing supply, I even had a house appraiser try to claim "Covid Issues" on not showing up and doing an appraisal on a empty house.

it's just a bullshit excuse to fuck off.
Sierra Ranger
7/29/2020 7:27pm
True tho, sometimes folks shine during tough times. Looks like Engine Ice is still wide open and responsive. Had to order smaller roller derby jerseys this...
True tho, sometimes folks shine during tough times.

Looks like Engine Ice is still wide open and responsive. Had to order smaller roller derby jerseys this week for next year and the company answered my call on first ring and were super responsive to subsequent emails.

At least when they did call back, Partzilla's rep was super helpful and understanding.
I had a question on the way to the track and called Engine Ice and someone picked right up, also. Good on Dave.
I ordered some parts from England that took like a month to get here (vintage), but I didn't get upset because I realize a lot of things have been disrupted by the pandemic.
ebers
Fantasy
174th
7/29/2020 8:32pm
500guy wrote:
Covid is just an excuse for complete shit service across the board. Doesn't matter if it's a Doctors office or plumbing supply, I even had a...

Doesn't matter if it's a Doctors office or plumbing supply, I even had a house appraiser try to claim "Covid Issues" on not showing up and doing an appraisal on a empty house.

Across the board, it’s simply not true. There are a lot of companies that have legitimate issues to deal with due to Covid, and it’s hampering productivity.
FWYT
7/29/2020 9:27pm
500guy wrote:
Covid is just an excuse for complete shit service across the board. Doesn't matter if it's a Doctors office or plumbing supply, I even had a...

ebers wrote:
Across the board, it’s simply not true. There are a lot of companies that have legitimate issues to deal with due to Covid, and it’s hampering...
Across the board, it’s simply not true. There are a lot of companies that have legitimate issues to deal with due to Covid, and it’s hampering productivity.
Yep.
Gotta lotta friends in the hotel/bar/restaurant industry and it's just insane
trying to do quality service what with staffing issues, supply chain problems, safety protocols.
Applebee's is the new Michelin two star. Laughing
bvm111
7/29/2020 9:38pm
anyone have a good number for Legacy Carbon? They are not answering emails and I am trying to figure out my order I placed in May.

Post a reply to: Moto customer service in covid era

The Latest