"Moto by Numbers" on Pulp Mx

Quesnel20
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2012 2:22pm
Check out "Moto by Numbers" on pulp mx to find out all time rider averages, random facts and more
http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/moto-numbers
|
MtnBoy
3/22/2012 8:07pm
Very cool article, thanks Matthes and whoever else put that together.
TannerMxer
3/22/2012 9:34pm
This really should put to rest all the people that say Stewart isn't in the same league as McGrath and Carmichael. He still, after all the woes from the last 3 years, is performing at a better win percentage than those guys in their Supercross careers. That's saying something. Thanks Matthes for this. Put the haters to rest.

The Shop

TDeath21
3/22/2012 10:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2012 11:14pm
TannerMxer wrote:
This really should put to rest all the people that say Stewart isn't in the same league as McGrath and Carmichael. He still, after all the...
This really should put to rest all the people that say Stewart isn't in the same league as McGrath and Carmichael. He still, after all the woes from the last 3 years, is performing at a better win percentage than those guys in their Supercross careers. That's saying something. Thanks Matthes for this. Put the haters to rest.
When people say he's not in the same league they're talking about championships. Nobody has every questioned his speed and win percentage.

Great stuff here for sure. Must have taken some time.

Interesting to note that only four people have ever repeated. Villopoto will likely make that five this year.
Smitch
3/23/2012 3:52am
TannerMxer wrote:
This really should put to rest all the people that say Stewart isn't in the same league as McGrath and Carmichael. He still, after all the...
What is the win percentage of RC and MC? Starts and wins and podiums?
Quesnel20
3/23/2012 7:00am
I think it is really interesting that McGraths win avg. is a .416 and Carmichaels is a .417
MtnBoy
3/23/2012 7:13am
Smitch wrote:
Go read the article boss
Matthes
3/23/2012 7:50am
MtnBoy wrote:
Thanks for reading it and I had nothing to do with it. Paul is an unpaid contributor to the site who submits columns on whatever he wants to. I just give him the space and happy to have him doing it.
TannerMxer
3/23/2012 7:58am
TannerMxer wrote:
Smitch wrote:
Here's that info you were wondering about...

Current active racers:

McGrath and Carmichael:

Annnnnnnnnnnd to stur the pot... Stewart's win percentage by brand. Yeah, that Yamaha is a turd:
TannerMxer
3/23/2012 7:58am
MtnBoy wrote:
Matthes wrote:
Thanks for reading it and I had nothing to do with it. Paul is an unpaid contributor to the site who submits columns on whatever he...
Thanks for reading it and I had nothing to do with it. Paul is an unpaid contributor to the site who submits columns on whatever he wants to. I just give him the space and happy to have him doing it.
And by the way, whoever that guy is, tell him thanks!
karnivool
3/23/2012 8:02am
wow...

I have always thought stewart was amazing, but this puts it in to a different perspective. He is still pulling better averages than RV and RD in most departments. They are so young, every time they win their percentages jump significantly. Plus, JS had to attempt to steal wins from RC during his first 2-3 yrs in the big boy class...crazy...

i think the think what frustrates people is that he had the potential to beat RC and MC amazing records...he was talented enough... and we all know crashes, decisions, etc...will inevitably erase what 'could have been'...

nevertheless he is already one of the top 5 guys of all time to swing a leg over...
karnivool
3/23/2012 8:07am
TannerMxer wrote:
Smitch wrote:
TannerMxer wrote:
Here's that info you were wondering about... Current active racers: [img]http://www.pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/u165/current.jpg[/img] McGrath and Carmichael: [img]http://www.pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/u165/quesnel_stats_0.jpg[/img] Annnnnnnnnnnd to stur the pot... Stewart's win percentage by brand. Yeah...
Here's that info you were wondering about...

Current active racers:

McGrath and Carmichael:

Annnnnnnnnnnd to stur the pot... Stewart's win percentage by brand. Yeah, that Yamaha is a turd:
this blows my mind...

MC was in a ton of main events...nearly double where js7 currently is.

REED has been in a bunch too, 33 more than Carmichael...

i love these stats
karnivool
3/23/2012 8:14am
Please post this in all the threads where idiots are saying that js7 hasn't accomplished anything...

is Aldon really all that? (read the article)
mx_579
3/23/2012 9:39am
All this really does is confirm the "checkers or wreckers" attitude that JS has. How about rework these stats to include races missed due to injury giving a 40 for that?
peelout
3/23/2012 10:12am
TannerMxer wrote:
why does every thread have to turn into a "lol at the stupid stewart haters, suck it!" thread.

it was interesting until you brought that shit into it.

back on topic...

it's unreal the percentages for every rider really. reed's podium percentage is amazing, as is stewart's win percentage.

will be interesting to see RV's percentage over the next few years
Uncleof2
3/23/2012 10:37am
It would be interesting to check the numbers for each of the riders at the end of this
year, and compare numbers through their first 4 years. You have to take into account
RC and MC's numbers went down in their last few years.
Quesnel20
3/23/2012 11:17am
Uncleof2 wrote:
It would be interesting to check the numbers for each of the riders at the end of this year, and compare numbers through their first 4...
It would be interesting to check the numbers for each of the riders at the end of this
year, and compare numbers through their first 4 years. You have to take into account
RC and MC's numbers went down in their last few years.
For sure, Stew's win percentage is amazing but like everyone else it will most likely drop by the time he retires, for instance this year he only has a .20 win average, and if he doesn't win in the next two races he competes in his avg. will drop to below. 50, by the way not hating on stew at all, him having a .506 win average this far into his career is amazing
ocscottie
3/23/2012 11:23am
I got the song "Murder By Numbers" by the Police stuck in my head from seeing this subject line. Maybe Weege needs to do a cover like he did for "End of the world as we know it"? lol that was awesome.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/23/2012 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2024 6:53am

Check out part 2!

paul937
Fantasy
415th
3/23/2012 2:13pm
Ohhhh sure Steve!! Make fun of me and my numbers all these years, then give this guy space on your site to post the same?!?! LOL Just kidding (for the record people, I am NOT the “Paul” who put that story together) In all seriousness though, most people know I love this stuff, so very well done Paul (whoever you are lol real cool, you had to steal my name too?!? Wink )

I keep a similar list myself (for use on my little Race Day show in the pits for Feld…..that nobody listens too lol) and the two numbers I usually point out as the most intriguing are:

Reed’s career start/podium percentage at a mind boggling 80% (I’ve had him as high as 86% at times in the last few years) and then Dungey’s equally mind boggling 93.5% start/top 5 percentage (I’ve also had him a tad higher at times, as high as 95%).

To me, those are both some very “Cal Ripken like” numbers! Insane, both are champs, both are crazy fast and crazy consistent, a very dangerous combo! Especially Reed, and especially when you throw in the little tid bit that Paul did near the end of his article: the little known fact that Reed has come OH SO close to winning a handful more SX championships (he’s finished 2nd FIVE times, and usually by just single digit points). I'd say Reed's place in history as one of the all time greats is secure.

At the risk of getting the “asterisk” mob to attack me……think about who both Reed and Dungey have had to contend with while they managed to rack up those numbers! Reed’s career collided with two other "all time greats"; RC and JS, while Dungey has had to deal with JS, RV AND Reed (and of course, Reed has had to deal with RV and Dungey too the past few years, which again, makes it even more incredible IMHO).

Don’t get me started on stats people……I’m taking a rare weekend off, so I’m not on an airplane to Toronto right now, I could bench race all day about this kinda stuff lol CoolWhistling

Paul
Quesnel20
3/23/2012 2:17pm
Another interesting point is the fact that with stew having a .506 all-time win avg., he will (theoretically) need to compete in 56 more main events to beat MC's win count of 72, that's the rest of this year and about 3 more seasons
paul937
Fantasy
415th
3/23/2012 2:17pm
Ok, one more for the road……I used to love stumping people with this one (that is until RV racked up a handful of wins earlier this year and ruined my trivia for me lol)
I used to ask people in the pits “besides Stewart and Reed (#3 and #4 respectively on the all time SX win list) who here, racing tonight, has the next most career SX wins?”

Got ‘em every time ;-) Nobody believed it was KW with 18, who BTW, is one win behind Bradshaw for what was 9th on the list (until RV passed them both last month) and the distinction of “most career wins without a championship”

Just sayin…….

Ok, I’ll shut up now Laughing

Paul
paul937
Fantasy
415th
3/23/2012 2:36pm
Quesnel20 wrote:
Another interesting point is the fact that with stew having a .506 all-time win avg., he will (theoretically) need to compete in 56 more main events...
Another interesting point is the fact that with stew having a .506 all-time win avg., he will (theoretically) need to compete in 56 more main events to beat MC's win count of 72, that's the rest of this year and about 3 more seasons
Ok, I've got another one that’ll keep everyone busy for quite a while LOL I haven’t ever used this one on my show, but it never fails to get a “WTF?!?” reaction out of my buddies when I tell them:

Since everyone is trying to do the math on JS catching MC, we all know he’s obviously not getting any younger………but someone go ahead and do some Goggle research on the DOB’s of JS vs RV ShockedWhistling

AAAAAAND discuss (I.E. yell/scream/argue/flame/call BS/leave me out of it lol)

Paul

P.S. RV is "the new guy" right? Huh
layinbody31
3/23/2012 2:54pm
paul937 wrote:
Ok, I've got another one that’ll keep everyone busy for quite a while LOL I haven’t ever used this one on my show, but it never...
Ok, I've got another one that’ll keep everyone busy for quite a while LOL I haven’t ever used this one on my show, but it never fails to get a “WTF?!?” reaction out of my buddies when I tell them:

Since everyone is trying to do the math on JS catching MC, we all know he’s obviously not getting any younger………but someone go ahead and do some Goggle research on the DOB’s of JS vs RV ShockedWhistling

Paul

August 13, 1988? Puts him at 24 this summer when James is a little over 26.5. Seems about right based on when the both entered the pro class (James a little younger @ 19 in 2005 and RV a little older @ 20.5 in 2009)

I'd be interested to see the stats of Stewart on the Kawi vs. Yamaha broken down 3 ways to be Kawi, '09 Yamaha, and '10-12 Yamaha and see how those look
Quesnel20
3/23/2012 5:55pm
paul937 wrote:
Ok, I've got another one that’ll keep everyone busy for quite a while LOL I haven’t ever used this one on my show, but it never...

Paul

August 13, 1988? Puts him at 24 this summer when James is a little over 26.5. Seems about right based on when the both entered the...
August 13, 1988? Puts him at 24 this summer when James is a little over 26.5. Seems about right based on when the both entered the pro class (James a little younger @ 19 in 2005 and RV a little older @ 20.5 in 2009)

I'd be interested to see the stats of Stewart on the Kawi vs. Yamaha broken down 3 ways to be Kawi, '09 Yamaha, and '10-12 Yamaha and see how those look
Stewart
Kawi-.625
'09 Yamaha-.647
10-12 Yamaha- .267
redrider52
3/23/2012 6:05pm
Quesnel20 wrote:
Another interesting point is the fact that with stew having a .506 all-time win avg., he will (theoretically) need to compete in 56 more main events...
and that's if he wins half of the races each season...not gonna happen

Post a reply to: "Moto by Numbers" on Pulp Mx

The Latest