Moto-Vated Sports Complex Possible Closure

PanellaMX
1/2/2018 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2018 9:38am
I just came across some unfortunate information for many of the North Carolina/South Carolina riders. Moto-Vated Sports Complex in Gaston, SC is currently having an issue with an investor and may become one less riding facility. I have the link posted below that came from their Facebook page. Let's hope this place will not close to the public.

https://www.facebook.com/Motovatedsportscomplex/videos/1693738890646437/
|
49weasel
1/2/2018 4:34pm
I’m sure there’s way more to the story.
PanellaMX
1/2/2018 5:18pm
I completely agree. Something definitely seems amiss.
1/2/2018 5:22pm
That is facked. Hopefully it turns out well for this family. I'd like to know why the investor flipped like that?

The Shop

Shannon ward
1/2/2018 6:32pm
This is a very good friend of mine and a very good guy and family for that matter I’ve known Donnie for many years I raced his dads track back in eastern ky back in the early 2000s his dad unfortunately passed away several years ago and Donnie went on a mission to follow in his dads foot steps and wanted nothing more than to make him proud he also ran Daniel Boone Mx in London KY before getting the opportunity to pursue his dream in SC at motovated and now this shit happens. Donnie and his family need all the help they can get and any help would be appreciated and for anyone who has ever met him I’m sure they understand.
KLM85
1/2/2018 8:02pm
I moved to SC right before Donnie took over and rode a few times ahead of the management change. It was unbelievable how fast he got it going. He was very personable from the start. He had the tracks In top shape in a hurry. He’s made it a great place to ride.

Hopefully someone can put a deal together. That guy will work tirelessly to make it work. He’s worth the investment.

I wonder how much land you get for the 700k? Does anyone know?

Kanewel433
1/3/2018 7:26am
KLM85 wrote:
I moved to SC right before Donnie took over and rode a few times ahead of the management change. It was unbelievable how fast he got...
I moved to SC right before Donnie took over and rode a few times ahead of the management change. It was unbelievable how fast he got it going. He was very personable from the start. He had the tracks In top shape in a hurry. He’s made it a great place to ride.

Hopefully someone can put a deal together. That guy will work tirelessly to make it work. He’s worth the investment.

I wonder how much land you get for the 700k? Does anyone know?

The video mentioned something like 300 acres and 6 tracks.
JustMX
1/3/2018 8:01am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 8:35am
[b]WHAT?![/b] Ok so for those not in the loop, one month ago the track posted this... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/02/235477/s1200_motovated.jpg[/img] Now suddenly there's a GoFundMe for them to not[i][b]...
PanellaMX wrote:
I completely agree. Something definitely seems amiss.

Hoping for the best for donnie.
MelonFan123
1/3/2018 8:38am
Man, definitely a bummer deal because you can tell that facility is that family's entire heart and soul.

But it's pretty cut and dry, their lease was up and the property was purchased by a new owner. Donnie found out about the new owner when he went to negotiate what he thought was going to be a lease extension with the previous owner. At first the new owner was interested in keeping the property and helping them expand, hence the "investor" and big things coming chatter. Well the guy had a change of heart and now just wants the property for himself as a personal playground.

I feel for them because they seem like genuine people but the reality is when you are leasing a property it can be taken away from you at any time. Hopefully they can pinch their pennies together to purchase some land and build the facility they want so this doesn't happen to them.

BTW anyone know land property prices in that area? In the podcast they mentioned they have a week to come up with $500k for the DEPOSIT on the property. 300 acres must fetch a decent price there.
TJMX947
1/3/2018 9:25am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2018 9:27am
Man, definitely a bummer deal because you can tell that facility is that family's entire heart and soul. But it's pretty cut and dry, their lease...
Man, definitely a bummer deal because you can tell that facility is that family's entire heart and soul.

But it's pretty cut and dry, their lease was up and the property was purchased by a new owner. Donnie found out about the new owner when he went to negotiate what he thought was going to be a lease extension with the previous owner. At first the new owner was interested in keeping the property and helping them expand, hence the "investor" and big things coming chatter. Well the guy had a change of heart and now just wants the property for himself as a personal playground.

I feel for them because they seem like genuine people but the reality is when you are leasing a property it can be taken away from you at any time. Hopefully they can pinch their pennies together to purchase some land and build the facility they want so this doesn't happen to them.

BTW anyone know land property prices in that area? In the podcast they mentioned they have a week to come up with $500k for the DEPOSIT on the property. 300 acres must fetch a decent price there.
No idea what land prices are but I wonder if that 700k includes equipment and buildings? SC is a shit hole so I don't assume much (no offense to anyone from SC). I hope the best for them, I rode there once and thought it was pretty awesome. Maybe they could buy Wide Open MX in Eastern NC and get things going.
nc_mx_kid
1/3/2018 11:00am
a struggling motocross track/facility is nothing new, but I don't see a reason or need for a GOFUNDME page about it. I hope the Motovated track, Donnie Adams and everyone involved can work out whatever the issue(s) are and continue operations
1/3/2018 2:04pm
Media posts beg to differ.
Can you elaborate on what you're trying to say? Sorry, your post was a little vague. Curious as to what media posts you refer to, and what they are begging to differ to.
tyler285
1/4/2018 11:26am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 11:39am
There is so much more to the story. Would like to hear both sides
1/4/2018 11:27am
So many of the all loving and encompassing users here on vitalmx yearning for utopia and haven’t dropped a dime for this?
Donovan759
1/4/2018 1:11pm
Can you elaborate on what you're trying to say? Sorry, your post was a little vague. Curious as to what media posts you refer to, and...
Can you elaborate on what you're trying to say? Sorry, your post was a little vague. Curious as to what media posts you refer to, and what they are begging to differ to.
Yeah, that's how he rolls. Vague, negative and unresponsive...
MelonFan123
1/4/2018 1:37pm
Can you elaborate on what you're trying to say? Sorry, your post was a little vague. Curious as to what media posts you refer to, and...
Donovan759 wrote:
Yeah, that's how he rolls. Vague, negative and unresponsive...
I think what he meant was their social media posts and the accompanying video made it seem like they were really unfortunate victims, with talks of some big investor screwing them over.

Actually, the property was sold right as their lease was up, new owner didn't want to continue with the track as a public facility and didn't offer them a new lease.

Certainly wish them well and seems like they are good people with good hearts. But $$ always talks and the people that own the land or have the money to buy the land call the shots

1/4/2018 1:38pm
Kanewel433 wrote:
I'd like to know why the original GoFundMe goal was $700K and now it's $300K??

https://www.gofundme.com/savemoto-vated

"This weekend, January 6-7 will be our last weekend open here at this property. The land owner isn’t willing (or able, they say) to prolong the selling process to the new purchaser. Meaning we will not be given the option to save the property even if we come up with the amount asked for. With the current situation, we have decide our only option is to purchase land VERY local and start rebuilding ASAP. Therefore, we will be lowering the GoFundMe goal to what we see as attainable to begin new Moto-Vated grounds. Moto-Vated Sports Complex will re-open our gates somewhere else VERY soon."

that's from the update posted on the gofundme.
mjr119
1/4/2018 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 2:08pm
Damn if someone wants to donate a few hundred thousand to me I'll open a track too. I don't understand this.
Premix
1/4/2018 2:26pm
Just from what has been posted by Donnie and his wife, I get where they are coming from. You run a successful program at a place you lease, you have a potential new buyer who wants to continue with you, then decides not to. Tough pill to swallow. Ridden there a couple times, place is top notch. They will find another place to continue on with, plenty of places down that way. I do think it’s a little strange they are still asking for money....no different than being let go by an employer, gotta save and invest for a rainy day
HenryA
1/4/2018 2:30pm
mjr119 wrote:
Damn if someone wants to donate a few hundred thousand to me I'll open a track too. I don't understand this.
Yeah, I'm in too. Seems like a good deal...Cool
1/4/2018 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 5:10pm
Same thing happened with hand promotions and OIR. Wouldn’t renew their lease. Now the place is a hole. Was Ohio moto utopia. Owner of land couldn’t polish the golden egg. Shit is harder than it seems.....
1/5/2018 1:58am
mjr119 wrote:
You don't understand not having the capital to outright purchase the land/building/whatever for your business, then having the status of your lease change?
1/5/2018 2:09am
What about when someone has a fundraiser type thing to send his kid to Lorettas or something. And these parents usually have more money than the donators. Ive always thought it seemed funny
TJMX947
1/5/2018 5:10am
I saw last night that they've arranged new sites for their race series and Donnie will be doing the prep. Sand Hill MX, Strawberry Hill, and Turkey Creek are on there. Their night races will be at some fair grounds. The 2 Stroke South East Championship will be the first event at their new facility wherever that may be.

There is a track south of Fayetteville NC, Wide Open MX, the current lease owner is wanting out. I wish these folks could get it. That area is starving for a good track.

Post a reply to: Moto-Vated Sports Complex Possible Closure

The Latest