Moto Van Question

nolookpass
7/22/2017 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 12:15am
I'm selling my truck and would like to get a moto-van for leaving bikes out overnight if needed. I don't want to go the sprinter-route, just a cheap $8-10k, used van is plenty fine. I'm fine with no frills. This is to and from the track, a random desert trip every now and then, and that's about it. I'm not trying to use this as transportation on a privateer path and drive across the country or anything like that.

Is a normal Ford e250 big enough for 2 bikes + gear (ez up, chairs, basic tools), etc or do you NEED the extended size one? Trying to get away with the smallest thing within reason as am working with limited space with parking. Ty.

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/23/2017 12:15am
nolookpass wrote:
I'm selling my truck and would like to get a moto-van for leaving bikes out overnight if needed. I don't want to go the sprinter-route, just...
I'm selling my truck and would like to get a moto-van for leaving bikes out overnight if needed. I don't want to go the sprinter-route, just a cheap $8-10k, used van is plenty fine. I'm fine with no frills. This is to and from the track, a random desert trip every now and then, and that's about it. I'm not trying to use this as transportation on a privateer path and drive across the country or anything like that.

Is a normal Ford e250 big enough for 2 bikes + gear (ez up, chairs, basic tools), etc or do you NEED the extended size one? Trying to get away with the smallest thing within reason as am working with limited space with parking. Ty.

I can't answer that question for you but use the search function. I know there's a lot of Moto Van info on this forum. I have no doubt you'll find your answer and then some.
Swann
7/23/2017 3:38am
Yes, you can fit 2 bikes in a standard length E250. Packing everything else becomes a challenge but it can be done. A roof rack changes everything.
motomike894
7/23/2017 5:29am
A standard length van is totally fine as long as you don't plan on building a wall and a bench seat up front with bunch extra room, etc. I have an extended one and when I upgrade I'll be sticking to extended having a wall and that extra couple feet is nice lol.
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
7/23/2017 5:41am
You can find the longer vans for similar price as a standard length if you are patient. I highly suggest this if you plan to keep the van for awhile.

What you have pictured is sweet, but the price will significantly increase with a 4x4.

The Shop

walent215
7/23/2017 7:32am
You can definitely "get away" with a standard but after owning an extended gmc i would not want the standard version. Given your $8k budget i would think yoy should have no problem finding a nice used van with everything you want, 4x4 included. The fords and chevy vans are very reliable and i wouldnt be scared to purchase one with 150k + miles. Ours had 181k on it when we got it and we sold it with maybe somewhere around 210k. Good luck.
ob
7/23/2017 9:48am
I had a standard length ford at one point. I built a wall and a small bunk. Plenty of room for two bikes and all your crap except maybe the Ez-up. Without a wall it would be no problem at all. Lots of guys have the standard length.

Post a reply to: Moto Van Question

The Latest