Moto-Van Build Help

Blackjack31
I am wanting to put a divider wall and also a bench that the top flips us for storage that runs along the side of the van. But I don't know where I am able to screw or bolt things into without putting a hole in the van that would cause rust or any other problem. Also what kind of bolts or screws should I use?
|
Swann
7/29/2017 5:45pm
I am wanting to put a divider wall and also a bench that the top flips us for storage that runs along the side of the...
I am wanting to put a divider wall and also a bench that the top flips us for storage that runs along the side of the van. But I don't know where I am able to screw or bolt things into without putting a hole in the van that would cause rust or any other problem. Also what kind of bolts or screws should I use?
Hire a professional.
cmotodad
7/29/2017 5:56pm
Does the van has some inner sides now, paneling or plywood? If so, you can use short toggle bolts on a piano hinge or find the vertical studs and just screw into those. Many options but you need to have a good idea of what to look for.
Blackjack31
7/29/2017 6:00pm
cmotodad wrote:
Does the van has some inner sides now, paneling or plywood? If so, you can use short toggle bolts on a piano hinge or find the...
Does the van has some inner sides now, paneling or plywood? If so, you can use short toggle bolts on a piano hinge or find the vertical studs and just screw into those. Many options but you need to have a good idea of what to look for.
No it is completely bare. It does have side side that are lifted that wouldn't go into the body of the van. I'll show you what I'm talking about with a picture and I'll also show you what I'm looking for

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/29/2017 6:03pm

I was able to screw into the ribs in my van. Make sure your using the correct length screw. If you search on here there's a few in depth builds and see all the steps.
Blackjack31
7/29/2017 6:04pm
Except it doesn't have to be able to hold a shelf and also don't want the false walls in it
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/29/2017 6:06pm
Yeah you can use the ribs on that Chevy van like this. There's a fine line from going into the rib with a screw and going too far into the outer shell of the vehicle

Post a reply to: Moto-Van Build Help

The Latest