Moto Mags with Harbor Freight Ads?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2018 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2018 8:58 AM

What Moto Mags have Harbor freight ads?

I was just reading an issue of Rider in the 7-11 and saw the Harbor freight ad. Seems in you bought a few things from them yearly, it would pay for the subscription itself. Didn't they advertise in the now gone Dirt Rider?

|

3/13/2018 9:01 AM

A buddy bought a bike stand from Harbor Freight using a coupon for $19 He bought the magazine just for that ad. I prefer to use more quality tools for most of my garage work. That being said I did buy a 32mm wrench from there because the only thing I'll ever need a 32mm for is the rear axel on my bike.

|

2018 CRF250R

3/13/2018 9:17 AM

Cycle World.

|

3/13/2018 9:17 AM

pretty sure my MXA has the harbor fright ad in it monthly, plus the 25$ gift card when renewing subscription isn't a bad deal.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

3/13/2018 9:18 AM

If you go in the harbor freight they will have multiple sale papers that you can go through.

If you are close and plan to shop there a bunch join their shopping club and you will get special sales fliers in the mail as well as be abLe to get special deals.

|

3/13/2018 9:30 AM

Hf rocks. Ive broken extensions from them but they deserved to break for what i was using them for. Other than that my moto tool box is full of hf stuff.

|

3/13/2018 9:31 AM

Sign up for their mailing list with your junk email account and they will send you the sales. You can get 20% off an item and a free screwdriver or tape measure just about everytime you walk into the place. Alot of their hand tools are decent, but I would stay away from power equipment or electronical devices.

|

3/13/2018 9:34 AM

early wrote:

Sign up for their mailing list with your junk email account and they will send you the sales. You can get 20% off an item and ...more

I have an electric pressure washer from them its been flawless for like 5 years now. They are fantastic with returns also so not much risk for the most part

|

3/13/2018 9:36 AM

I used a coupon from the motocross action magazine and bought my stand for $19. Scuffed it up and threw some paint on there and now it looks great. Pretty good stand for the price

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

3/13/2018 9:40 AM

I paid $269 for the motorcycle lift back in 2010 or 11 and it's still going strong. Their hand tools are fine for dirt bikes where the torque specs are relatively low. I wouldn't buy their hand tools if I were a professional mechanic but I've had no issue using them on bikes and around the house. But I would stay away from anything that plugs in haha

|

3/13/2018 9:58 AM

My mom got me torque wrenches from there a few years back and I used it to torque triple clamp pinch bolts. Broke the first bolt, thought it was a fluke. Broke the second one and retired the wrench. Missed a weekend of riding because of that BS. Still need a good torque wrench so if they have one that's worth a damn please direct me to it.

|

3/13/2018 10:04 AM

The 1/2 and 3/8 flex head ratchets they have are priced I think at 30 and 25 with life replacement are hard to beat. Great ratchets. Have beat, pried and used long breaker bars on the 1/2 and it still hasn't broke.

|

3/13/2018 10:05 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

My mom got me torque wrenches from there a few years back and I used it to torque triple clamp pinch bolts. Broke the first ...more

I would buy name brand, not HF when it comes to tools like that.

|

3/13/2018 10:10 AM

I have a pneumatic 4" angle grinder from Harbor Freight here at work. It gets used and abused quite often. Going on 3 years and it performs great. It's probably my most borrowed tool.

|

3/13/2018 10:20 AM

I heard Harbor Freight will start carrying Kawasaki in 2019.

|

3/13/2018 10:44 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

My mom got me torque wrenches from there a few years back and I used it to torque triple clamp pinch bolts. Broke the first ...more

Tested theire torque wrench and gages back to back with my hi end work equipment (snap on, mitutoyo) it always read thecsame dead on. I check them once a year.

|

3/13/2018 10:51 AM

I like quality tools also, but there's room for Harbor Freight at times. I wouldn't usually go this route, but I just purchased a Harbor freight cordless drill for $20 over the winter break. I had a POS Black & Decker that lasted 15 years and this new one seems to be at least as nice. Plus, it came with an LED flashlight attachment for free. We'll see how long it lasts.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/13/2018 11:09 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

You sure it wasn't a lbs to Nm issue?

|

3/13/2018 11:11 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

rob162 wrote:

Tested theire torque wrench and gages back to back with my hi end work equipment (snap on, mitutoyo) it always read thecsame ...more

Same here. They are accurate to within 2-4% same as major brands. Most have no idea how a torque wrench even works and thus break or round off bolts.

|

3/13/2018 11:36 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

JSC&B wrote:

You sure it wasn't a lbs to Nm issue?

If you go to college for engineering one of the first things they tell you is to look at your solutions after running the numbers and ask yourself if it makes sense. Should you really pull that hard on the 16" handle of the torque wrench you are using for the first time? Maybe you missed the click?

|

3/13/2018 11:53 AM

MXD wrote:

I paid $269 for the motorcycle lift back in 2010 or 11 and it's still going strong. Their hand tools are fine for dirt bikes ...more

I buy their electric tools for projects where I don't know if I'll ever need that tool again. Then, if that tool ever dies, I would replace it with something higher quality.

|

3/13/2018 1:57 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

Not really defending HF torque wrenches but if you are breaking triple clamp bolts you have other issues. That size bolt should need a decent amount of torque to snap.
Much of their stuff is decent especially for "track" tool boxes. Just have to recognize what you are buying. Snap-on, etc stays in my shop & even then only a few of their items are worth the premium paid (medium length sockets, FTW)..........

|

3/13/2018 3:01 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

Tracktor wrote:

Not really defending HF torque wrenches but if you are breaking triple clamp bolts you have other issues. That size bolt ...more

I had an issue with Pro Taper clamps and pinch bolts being faulty. They knew about it and replaced the entire clamp with a newer version. If you are snapping these bolts you are torquing far too much or have some pot metal aftermarket bolts.

|

3/14/2018 5:34 AM

its a great store, I like Northern tool as well, especially if I'm looking for something a little higher quality.

|

3/14/2018 8:14 AM

If I used my tools for a living I would consider higher end tools. However, I do not, so my tool box and garage are full of HF tools. Great store!

|

3/14/2018 8:32 AM

I’m always in HF picking up tools. Most of their tools have a lifetime warranty. No packaging or receipt needed. Luckily I haven’t had to return a tool yet but it’s nice to know I can.

I was also able to pick up a torque wrench on sale for nine freaking dollars last year.

|

3/14/2018 8:38 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

Were they new bolts?

|

HAF

3/14/2018 8:51 AM

Most of my hand tools are Snap On but just bought this box from them. Photo

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

3/14/2018 8:56 AM

This bike lift also Photo

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

3/14/2018 9:11 AM

mx317 wrote:

This bike lift also Photo

That's the same lift that I have and I also have the smaller version of that box for my home workshop. I have no complaints with either.

|