Moto Legend down??

elsinore
4/29/2020 7:20pm
Wow, I am filled with an incredible sadness hearing of the loss of Marty Smith and his wife Nancy. Marty Smith to me was Superman. I am a kid of the 70s; and like many of my fellow moto freaks, thought Marty was a god. Those of us who grew up in that time racing XR75s and Elsinores know what he meant then, and still to this day. Godspeed Marty Smith
5/1/2020 7:45pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/04/28/423997/s1200_Hangtown_1976_38.jpg[/img] 1976 Hangtown at Plymouth….First National of the year and Marty Smith had the #1 plate. His bike broke and he pushed it back to the...

1976 Hangtown at Plymouth….First National of the year and Marty Smith had the #1 plate. His bike broke and he pushed it back to the pits. Didn't throw it down, didn't wait on his mechanic, just pushed his bike back through the crowd. The fans loved it, I loved it. A real motocrosser in my book.
DC wrote:
DirtBikeMike, what a very cool photo! Did you shoot that? That's the epitome of Marty's class and grace right there, and on a horrible day to...
DirtBikeMike, what a very cool photo! Did you shoot that? That's the epitome of Marty's class and grace right there, and on a horrible day to boot...

DC
Racer X
Yep, with my trusty Instamatic. I was working for FedEx at the time and flew the jump seat to San Jose, rented a car and went to the races.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Moto Legend down??

The Latest