Moto Jobs

Austin824
Edited Date/Time 1/8/2016 7:19am
So recently I have been on the search for a new job. I'm currently a High School Student (17 almost 18). I live in Murrieta so I'm pretty much around all motocross. I love the sport and everything about motocross. I would love to work for anything moto related. If anyone could help me out please and thank you!
|
jaredkeller96
1/7/2016 4:17pm
first things first..there are many people just like you. what really helps is becoming a familiar face..another thing to remember is to present yourself to many people know what they do. how the company is doing how their athletes are doing etc. self presence and communication and undestanding are what industry people look for. it don't matter how cool guy you are. Just be willing and knowing of the industry. with your age and even my age it is very tough. there was an open position at alpinestars rider support last year and me not being 21 really killed my chance at not getting it even with knowing the current rider support manager and even meeting alpinestars owner gabrielle, just remember it don't happen all at once..just get to know everyone and make contacts..
Austin824
1/7/2016 4:21pm
first things first..there are many people just like you. what really helps is becoming a familiar face..another thing to remember is to present yourself to many...
first things first..there are many people just like you. what really helps is becoming a familiar face..another thing to remember is to present yourself to many people know what they do. how the company is doing how their athletes are doing etc. self presence and communication and undestanding are what industry people look for. it don't matter how cool guy you are. Just be willing and knowing of the industry. with your age and even my age it is very tough. there was an open position at alpinestars rider support last year and me not being 21 really killed my chance at not getting it even with knowing the current rider support manager and even meeting alpinestars owner gabrielle, just remember it don't happen all at once..just get to know everyone and make contacts..
Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for feed back! Hopefully I can talk to new faces at A1
jaredkeller96
1/7/2016 4:26pm
just know who's who and what they do! don't be afraid to introduce your self. small talk is key. don't be the guy asking for a job or stuff..the key to getting them to noticing you is to see them at another race, ask them how they are doing etc. also maybe get a card from them and follow up with a personal email, just saying hey great talking to you at so and so and just wanna wish you the best and also in the future if you hear of any openings etc keep me in mind. just stuff like that..

The Shop

Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
1/7/2016 4:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2016 4:40pm
I would check with the Monster girls media, they need an oil guy to rub them down before the photo shoots and hold their belongings. You did say anything in the moto industry. Sorry the best I could do. Tell them "Moto Gigilo" sent you.

Here is a quick video about the job description. I wish you luck..

https://youtu.be/ncFwgqZWOnA
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
1/7/2016 4:53pm
Get a job at a motorcycle dealership. Go bug Temecula Motorsports until they are tired of seeing you around and they give you a broom to push. After a month or two (or twelve,) you'll be working in the parts department. Move from there to the sales department or some managerial position in parts. If you spend a few years at the dealership, you'll know every brand ambassador, outside sales rep, and industry contact in the local area and it's a small skip and a jump into an insider position once they are available. Just remember to mind your Ps and Qs, be cool, and most of all don't be afraid to say you want to move up someday.
Who knows, you might land something at KTM/Husqvarna, which are both in your hometown.
1/7/2016 5:44pm
Falcon wrote:
Get a job at a motorcycle dealership. Go bug Temecula Motorsports until they are tired of seeing you around and they give you a broom to...
Get a job at a motorcycle dealership. Go bug Temecula Motorsports until they are tired of seeing you around and they give you a broom to push. After a month or two (or twelve,) you'll be working in the parts department. Move from there to the sales department or some managerial position in parts. If you spend a few years at the dealership, you'll know every brand ambassador, outside sales rep, and industry contact in the local area and it's a small skip and a jump into an insider position once they are available. Just remember to mind your Ps and Qs, be cool, and most of all don't be afraid to say you want to move up someday.
Who knows, you might land something at KTM/Husqvarna, which are both in your hometown.
Nailed it! I met the the General Manager of a large dealership who started out as the "lot lizard".
bob567
1/7/2016 6:07pm
95%+ of americas workforce (3 billion working people) hate their jobs. Pay your dues at your age and you will never work for the rest of your life.
lumpy790
1/7/2016 7:39pm
The MC Industry is constantly looking for good hard working employees. You will have to work your way up but it is a start in the MC Industry. KTM and Husky are right there. Go and apply for a job.
jackiej
1/7/2016 8:31pm
so basically what you do is find your ultimate dream job you could ever imagine. then,find out its charachteristics about it, pay, benefits, everything....THEN

RUN LIKE HELL...

because you want make a living here lol
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
1/7/2016 8:49pm
Moto_Geek wrote:
I would check with the Monster girls media, they need an oil guy to rub them down before the photo shoots and hold their belongings. You...
I would check with the Monster girls media, they need an oil guy to rub them down before the photo shoots and hold their belongings. You did say anything in the moto industry. Sorry the best I could do. Tell them "Moto Gigilo" sent you.

Great, where was that advice when I was looking for a job? Now I'm stuck at a go nowhere job.
And to think what I could have been doing.
rubarb
1/7/2016 11:24pm
Maybe now is a good time to start Monster Boys...

1/8/2016 4:40am
Falcon wrote:
Get a job at a motorcycle dealership. Go bug Temecula Motorsports until they are tired of seeing you around and they give you a broom to...
Nailed it! I met the the General Manager of a large dealership who started out as the "lot lizard".
His first job was to give the truck drivers blowjobs?

Thought they only worked at Flying J

1/8/2016 4:47am
Moto_Geek wrote:
I would check with the Monster girls media, they need an oil guy to rub them down before the photo shoots and hold their belongings. You...

Just be sure not to tell them about the town a couple miles down the road that might have a guy that could do it.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
1/8/2016 4:53am
Not to be misleading by any means. I did the same thing from 16 till about 21 ish. While going through school. One thing to consider out side of the " cool factor" is pay. There are some jobs in the "motorcycle" industry that will accomadate salary of being able to live a comfortable lifestyle. Those would be the jobs to aim for. I am not by any means trying to down play anything, but this is something to take in consideration. Maybe it's different in other places, Texas is t so much. A lot depends on a person as well to what he/she considers a comfortable lifestyle. just my .02 and experience.
newage
1/8/2016 5:55am
Austin824 wrote:
So recently I have been on the search for a new job. I'm currently a High School Student (17 almost 18). I live in Murrieta so...
So recently I have been on the search for a new job. I'm currently a High School Student (17 almost 18). I live in Murrieta so I'm pretty much around all motocross. I love the sport and everything about motocross. I would love to work for anything moto related. If anyone could help me out please and thank you!
I was in a similar position to you and have made a good career working in the powersports industry. My advice to is get good at SALES.

I would start with the media companies, look for an junior position and work your way up. This will open many doors down the road as you are in contact with decision makers throughout the industry.

It is a grind and you have to be ready to put in long hours. Find someone that believes in you and they will take you under their wing and sees a younger version of themselves in you.

Throughout your journey you will doubt your decision and see your friends starting to make better money at similar jobs in other industries. You will question your decision as money becomes more important in your life. Perseverance will pay off, work your ass off and never stop believing.

You can fail at something you don't like, so why not take a risk in doing something that you love!!!

Sales is a skill that can be applied to every industry, if you can sell you can sell anything! So if you need to make that jump later in life you can.

Don't listen to people here that didn't have the balls to follow their passion. I'm the only one of my friends that works in an industry they love. I'm still feel like I haven't worked a day in my life, I wear what I want and wouldn't change it for anything!

Get after it!!!!
1/8/2016 6:09am
Get some education, dude. Community college is a great start, and saves a ton of money. You could maybe internship in the moto industry and use it for college credit. You seem fairly literate which puts you ahead of 80% of society. I wouldn't want to go out in today's world with a high school diploma.
Bosco
1/8/2016 7:19am
bob567 wrote:
95%+ of americas workforce (3 billion working people) hate their jobs. Pay your dues at your age and you will never work for the rest of...
95%+ of americas workforce (3 billion working people) hate their jobs. Pay your dues at your age and you will never work for the rest of your life.
Something seems off with those numbers... Laughing

Post a reply to: Moto Jobs

The Latest