Moto Jack Rack

8/3/2022 3:40pm
ns503 wrote:
In all seriousness, and in my experience, Google reviews are usually shit talk with no basis in reality.
I won't entirely disagree with you, but his posts in this thread alone are enough to make me believe his reviews.
LOOnatic
8/3/2022 3:41pm
All Jack Rack dude (Andy) had to do was come on here and say my bad guys I dropped the ball this time and possibly give the OP a slight discount or something and he would come out smelling like a rose.

But alas he chose the defiant " I didn't do anything wrong, it was all made up, the heat, pandemic and Putin's fault " routine...
Learn from this for the sake of your business and reputation.
TeamGreen
8/3/2022 3:46pm
LOOnatic wrote:
All Jack Rack dude (Andy) had to do was come on here and say my bad guys I dropped the ball this time and possibly give...
All Jack Rack dude (Andy) had to do was come on here and say my bad guys I dropped the ball this time and possibly give the OP a slight discount or something and he would come out smelling like a rose.

But alas he chose the defiant " I didn't do anything wrong, it was all made up, the heat, pandemic and Putin's fault " routine...
I can roll with this to some extent…yes, he did start out with “nothing to see here/didn’t happen”.

But, then he came in here and dealt with it in his own way & I’ve got to say,”I like that.”

In the end, “owning it” can be hard to do.
8/3/2022 4:02pm
LOOnatic wrote:
All Jack Rack dude (Andy) had to do was come on here and say my bad guys I dropped the ball this time and possibly give...

TeamGreen wrote:
I can roll with this to some extent…yes, he did start out with “nothing to see here/didn’t happen”. But, then he came in here and dealt...
I can roll with this to some extent…yes, he did start out with “nothing to see here/didn’t happen”.

But, then he came in here and dealt with it in his own way & I’ve got to say,”I like that.”

In the end, “owning it” can be hard to do.
If "owning it" is hard to do, then it wasn't a one-time thing. Also, if it's that hard to do, you shouldn't own your own business.
90% of the time all it takes is consistent communication.
What he did on this thread is try to bail as much water out of the boat he can, all while ignoring the fact he's the one that created the hole in the boat.

The Shop

OldPro277
8/3/2022 4:08pm
If "owning it" is hard to do, then it wasn't a one-time thing. Also, if it's that hard to do, you shouldn't own your own business...
If "owning it" is hard to do, then it wasn't a one-time thing. Also, if it's that hard to do, you shouldn't own your own business.
90% of the time all it takes is consistent communication.
What he did on this thread is try to bail as much water out of the boat he can, all while ignoring the fact he's the one that created the hole in the boat.
Nice—- ties in with my Titanic analogy lol. Good man Cool
lumpy790
8/3/2022 4:22pm
Guys he is a small business just like me and sometimes we fuck up and file an order wrong.

He came on here and posted that he is taking care of it so how about cutting him a little slack?
8/3/2022 4:22pm
OldPro277 wrote:
Nice—- ties in with my Titanic analogy lol. Good man Cool
Jack Rack: (Sinking) "It was the heat"
motojackrack
8/3/2022 4:27pm
LOOnatic wrote:

I did in my first few comments you should read before you type. Very sorry this has happened I am only human. The customer is fine with it and we are shipping him what he ordered. Better late then Never!!
McG194
8/3/2022 4:28pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Guys he is a small business just like me and sometimes we fuck up and file an order wrong. He came on here and posted that...
Guys he is a small business just like me and sometimes we fuck up and file an order wrong.

He came on here and posted that he is taking care of it so how about cutting him a little slack?
A pound of flesh is much better in today's world.
motojackrack
8/3/2022 4:31pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Guys he is a small business just like me and sometimes we fuck up and file an order wrong. He came on here and posted that...

Correct Bingo Exactly!! Thank you!!
8/3/2022 4:38pm
Yes small business and slack and all of that, the posts in here and the attitude negate that.
8/3/2022 4:44pm
Good thing he made this thread on vital or he may never have got his carrier. Not saying I'm the best sales person but here's an example of a better response in hopes of customer retention/building a better reputation:

"We completely dropped the ball on this and for that I apologize. Our lack of communication and paperwork errors aren't our standard of customer service. Please accept my sincerest apology. Your order will be priority number one and will get it to you ASAP. I'm going to take 10% off for the inconvenience. We here at Motojackrack thank you so much for your business."
motojackrack
8/3/2022 4:51pm
Good thing he made this thread on vital or he may never have got his carrier. Not saying I'm the best sales person but here's an...
Good thing he made this thread on vital or he may never have got his carrier. Not saying I'm the best sales person but here's an example of a better response in hopes of customer retention/building a better reputation:

"We completely dropped the ball on this and for that I apologize. Our lack of communication and paperwork errors aren't our standard of customer service. Please accept my sincerest apology. Your order will be priority number one and will get it to you ASAP. I'm going to take 10% off for the inconvenience. We here at Motojackrack thank you so much for your business."
I did say that to Kyle the customer that posted this. Why don't you ask him??? Also reiterated on here. Read before you type. All this information and more is available with in these pages....
LOOnatic
8/3/2022 4:53pm
For the record I give credit to Chris for being a small business owner and making a really nice rack .

I also give him his due credit for overall not handling this matter well until it escalated to this level on Vital.
A little humility can go a long way in winning over customers.
Now ain't the time to be feisty. Is this how it will be when I need help with a warranty or some other issue with my rack?
I'm just pointing out some reasonable concerns and why you're no longer #1 on my list for a really nice rack.
Best of luck to you man.
motojackrack
8/3/2022 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 5:02pm
LOOnatic wrote:
For the record I give credit to Chris for being a small business owner and making a really nice rack . I also give him his...
For the record I give credit to Chris for being a small business owner and making a really nice rack .

I also give him his due credit for overall not handling this matter well until it escalated to this level on Vital.
Now ain't the time to be feisty. Is this how it will be when I need help with a warranty or some other issue with my rack?
I'm just pointing out some reasonable concerns and why you're no longer #1 on my list for a really nice rack.
Best of luck to you man.
I offer a Lifetime warranty on the build of the rack and always have for 26 years the oldest rack in production.
8/3/2022 5:11pm
Good thing he made this thread on vital or he may never have got his carrier. Not saying I'm the best sales person but here's an...

I did say that to Kyle the customer that posted this. Why don't you ask him??? Also reiterated on here. Read before you type. All this...
I did say that to Kyle the customer that posted this. Why don't you ask him??? Also reiterated on here. Read before you type. All this information and more is available with in these pages....
Dude, no. In my experience customers are mostly very understanding and willing to work with you. All they want is an acknowledgment and apology.

Here's your first response:

"Hello, Andy from Motojackrack just a big misunderstanding talked to Kyle all good shipping out in the next batch. I invented this rack back in 1996 there is tons of our racks out there rolling down the roads. The current labor forces inflation in recent years has not been great to us but were still cracking them out as fast as we physically can."

The misunderstanding, although an accident, is 100% on your company. You never took accountability for it and instantly shift the focal point to when you invented the rack and how many you've sold. Then you give an already delayed customer an unspecified amount of time on when to expect their rack (when exactly is the next batch?) And finally you attempt to bring the current state of the economy up as if it had anything to do with the complete failure in customer service.

I have a soft spot for small businesses and will spend more to support them. But being a small business doesn't give you a license to be incompetent.
motojackrack
8/3/2022 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 5:45pm

I did say that to Kyle the customer that posted this. Why don't you ask him??? Also reiterated on here. Read before you type. All this...
Dude, no. In my experience customers are mostly very understanding and willing to work with you. All they want is an acknowledgment and apology. Here's your...
Dude, no. In my experience customers are mostly very understanding and willing to work with you. All they want is an acknowledgment and apology.

"Hello, Andy from Motojackrack just a big misunderstanding talked to Kyle all good shipping out in the next batch. I invented this rack back in 1996 there is tons of our racks out there rolling down the roads. The current labor forces inflation in recent years has not been great to us but were still cracking them out as fast as we physically can."

The misunderstanding, although an accident, is 100% on your company. You never took accountability for it and instantly shift the focal point to when you invented the rack and how many you've sold. Then you give an already delayed customer an unspecified amount of time on when to expect their rack (when exactly is the next batch?) And finally you attempt to bring the current state of the economy up as if it had anything to do with the complete failure in customer service.

I have a soft spot for small businesses and will spend more to support them. But being a small business doesn't give you a license to be incompetent.
You need to read some more commets. I will say it again Sorry for messing up on his order this is me taking accountability. I never once blew it off and agree to being incompetent. Are you form Grapevine??? I'm down the street from you NRH come by and check out the shop.
8/3/2022 5:54pm
Dude, no. In my experience customers are mostly very understanding and willing to work with you. All they want is an acknowledgment and apology. Here's your...

You need to read some more commets. I will say it again Sorry for messing up on his order this is me taking accountability. I never...
You need to read some more commets. I will say it again Sorry for messing up on his order this is me taking accountability. I never once blew it off and agree to being incompetent. Are you form Grapevine??? I'm down the street from you NRH come by and check out the shop.
That is an extremely odd coincidence. I live in NRH now. Just looked y'all up on Google. My house is 1.2 miles from your shop...... weird lol.
motojackrack
8/3/2022 6:05pm

You need to read some more commets. I will say it again Sorry for messing up on his order this is me taking accountability. I never...
That is an extremely odd coincidence. I live in NRH now. Just looked y'all up on Google. My house is 1.2 miles from your shop...... weird...
That is an extremely odd coincidence. I live in NRH now. Just looked y'all up on Google. My house is 1.2 miles from your shop...... weird lol.
Oh no shit that is a stones through man! lol My shop is on Davis and lola. Still ride at all the local tracks here Bowie, Oak Hill, Holeshot, and Village most every weekend.
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
8/3/2022 7:15pm
ns503 wrote:
In all seriousness, and in my experience, Google reviews are usually shit talk with no basis in reality.
That's what Terry Varner say's
dkurtd
8/3/2022 8:13pm
LOOnatic wrote:
For the record I give credit to Chris for being a small business owner and making a really nice rack . I also give him his...

Best of luck to you man.
I offer a Lifetime warranty on the build of the rack and always have for 26 years the oldest rack in production.
The guy that created the below thread may have something to say about your lifetime warranty.

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/moto-jack-customer-service.1510449/
Dave v3.0
8/3/2022 8:34pm
LOOnatic wrote:

Best of luck to you man.
dkurtd wrote:
The guy that created the below thread may have something to say about your lifetime warranty.

Can't say things aren't consistentLaughing
8tensolutions
8/3/2022 8:36pm
Moto Jacks reaction in this thread after ignoring a customer for months (whether intentional or not) should tell us all we need to know about his business.
motojackrack
8/3/2022 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 9:49pm
Moto Jacks reaction in this thread after ignoring a customer for months (whether intentional or not) should tell us all we need to know about his...
Moto Jacks reaction in this thread after ignoring a customer for months (whether intentional or not) should tell us all we need to know about his business.
Really, can you give me a specific line that I said???
8tensolutions
8/3/2022 9:27pm
Moto Jacks reaction in this thread after ignoring a customer for months (whether intentional or not) should tell us all we need to know about his...
Pretty much every post in the the thread was extremely defensive and lacked ownership. I fully understand owning a business is hard and some customers are difficult, but basic customer service should be the easy part.
motojackrack
8/3/2022 9:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 9:47pm
Pretty much every post in the the thread was extremely defensive and lacked ownership. I fully understand owning a business is hard and some customers are...
Pretty much every post in the the thread was extremely defensive and lacked ownership. I fully understand owning a business is hard and some customers are difficult, but basic customer service should be the easy part.
When one criticizes someone they should base it on facts you have not presented any. A baseless opinion is all I am seeing form your criticism. I have gone far and above to answer questions on this post. If you actually take the time and read what I said it should be clear.
motojackrack
8/3/2022 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 10:08pm
LOOnatic wrote:

Best of luck to you man.
dkurtd wrote:

That customer refused to send back the part to warranty it. We need the parts in question back for inspection to see what happened. Plain and simple warranty. Zero racks have been warranted in 26 years because they are built to last.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
595th
8/3/2022 10:13pm
I was going to say hooked on Phonics worked for me! But on second thought, maybe motojackrack should hire
Landonious217 and pay him double. It would pay off ten fold.
dkurtd
8/3/2022 10:42pm
dkurtd wrote:

That customer refused to send back the part to warranty it. We need the parts in question back for inspection to see what happened. Plain and...
That customer refused to send back the part to warranty it. We need the parts in question back for inspection to see what happened. Plain and simple warranty. Zero racks have been warranted in 26 years because they are built to last.
Ok buddy, it doesn't take a smart person to figure out your customer service is lacking. You can say all you want about google reviews, the OP, and the advrider post, the constant in all three is you take people's money and then take months to fulfill orders and then don't stand behind your product. That's not me saying that those are your customers saying that.

Like Oldpro said, the best thing you can do is delete all your posts and account then forget you ever came here. You will end up with more customers who won't see what kind of person they are really dealing with.
motojackrack
8/4/2022 1:41am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2022 6:05pm
dkurtd wrote:

That customer refused to send back the part to warranty it. We need the parts in question back for inspection to see what happened. Plain and...
dkurtd wrote:
Ok buddy, it doesn't take a smart person to figure out your customer service is lacking. You can say all you want about google reviews, the...
Ok buddy, it doesn't take a smart person to figure out your customer service is lacking. You can say all you want about google reviews, the OP, and the advrider post, the constant in all three is you take people's money and then take months to fulfill orders and then don't stand behind your product. That's not me saying that those are your customers saying that.

Like Oldpro said, the best thing you can do is delete all your posts and account then forget you ever came here. You will end up with more customers who won't see what kind of person they are really dealing with.
More False information doesn't surprise me. Absolutely stand behind my product. Really don't take payment for orders when back ordered??? What planet does that work on? Kyle the author of the post at any time can cancel his order for a full refund. He has chosen not too.

The dirt bike industry has really blown up in recent years. Our biggest problem is production due to lack of labor force. Most are very aware of these conditions. Think anyone that reads this post with half a brain will see this from what I have stated here in my posts.

Post a reply to: Moto Jack Rack

The Latest