Moto Jack Rack

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2022 11:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2022 11:21 AM

I ordered a Moto Jack Rack back on May 5th and still haven't received the product. It seems like the perfect solution for my Maverick but the "company" is acting odd. I emailed them after the order and got a response on May 20th saying "it would be done in 3-4 weeks". I emailed again July 8th with no response and the phone always goes to voicemail.

Anyone have similar experience? I don't mind waiting if I had known it was going to be a wait. But it's been half a moto season and I'm starting to doubt if I really need this thing lol. Just seems odd, they even posted on Instagram showing they have one in stock today. I'm just not sure if I should open the PayPal case and get my money back or wait this thing out. I also feel like more people need to know that they don't really communicate or tell you how long it will be until you receive your product. I know labor and part shortages are crazy right now, so if that's the issue let me know!

|

8/1/2022 1:07 PM

As a customer who already paid the money for the product they need to answer your questions ina timely manner. That shit is annoying AF cause you know they are ignoring you. I just dealt with this, 2 emails with perfect communication, then literally soon as the product is in hand, 2 weeks of waiting with no response. I thought they stole it until they finally made contact. Shit gets old fast. Its a huge weakness in a business.

|

8/1/2022 2:01 PM

Sounds like Terry Varner is welding these up.

|

8/1/2022 2:21 PM

Cancel it and spend your money with a company that wants your business. cool

|

8/1/2022 2:26 PM

They posted a post on Facebook July 23...blow their Facebook up and whatever else they got Twitter, etc...

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/1/2022 2:42 PM

You got jacked.

|

8/1/2022 3:41 PM

i can't go 3 days without a jack, 3 months? forget about it

|

8/1/2022 4:42 PM

They had you pay in full 3 months in advance? If you'd have gotten on the Switch Hauler® wait list 3 months ago, you would have your hauler by now. The back log is about 2 months right now but getting shorter.
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

8/1/2022 5:22 PM

ToolMaker wrote:

They had you pay in full 3 months in advance? If you'd have gotten on the Switch Hauler wait list 3 months ago, you would have ...more

I paid thinking I would get one shipped immediately. Then he said 3-4 weeks. It's now been 5 days short of 3 months.
I was originally wanting an Add-A-Bike but thought with the MotoJack Rack being tool-less (and a bit cheaper then the switched hauler) I thought I was making a good decision. I still might be.

|

8/1/2022 6:14 PM

My buddy ordered one during Covid, had slow shipping, incorrect parts and those frame pads falling off. It was eventually all taken care of but slow.

|

8/1/2022 6:24 PM

Jackbags.

|

8/1/2022 7:23 PM

I ordered one 2 years ago and it took months and months to come in, life started moving fast, and I just realized I haven't even opened the box... I moved and stuffed it in the garage. I better make sure they actually sent the right thing...

|

8/1/2022 7:50 PM

ToolMaker wrote:

They had you pay in full 3 months in advance? If you'd have gotten on the Switch Hauler wait list 3 months ago, you would have ...more

kNewc wrote:

I paid thinking I would get one shipped immediately. Then he said 3-4 weeks. It's now been 5 days short of 3 months.
I was ...more

"and a bit cheaper then the switched hauler"
We're a more high end product, there's room in the market for both. I'm sure if you get it soon you'll be ok.
TM

|

8/1/2022 7:53 PM

ToolMaker wrote:

kNewc wrote:

I was ...more

ToolMaker wrote:

We're a more high end product, there's room in the market for both. I'm sure if ...more

What distinguishes the Switch Hauler from the Moto Jack? They look the same at first glance.

|

8/1/2022 8:28 PM

kNewc wrote:

I was ...more

ToolMaker wrote:

We're a more high end product, there's room in the market for both. I'm sure if ...more

Broseph wrote:

What distinguishes the Switch Hauler from the Moto Jack? They look the same at first glance.

Well, we start with a better design. Materials (not the jack)
are all requested North American (sometimes not available but that's requested from the metal suppliers). First thing that happens, all the scale is removed from the tubing (which is all from the same mill for consistency) because everything is TIG welded. More redundancy on safety. Really too much to explain in a short text but because of the design we can adjust the arms better for proper fitment. The unit comes pre-assembled. Because of better design we can provide some adjustability on rack height. Unit is modular for easy install. Think not lifting heavy awkward configuration. Rattle reduction system.
Stores in nice compact space when not in use. Grade 8 hardware. More effort towards a better user experience.
Try Googleing (spelling?) Switch Hauler and see what customers have to say. About 4-5 years ago MXA did a long term test, they wrote it's the best hauler they ever tested.
Did I mention if you call, people answer the phone?
Did I mention everything is made in house to control quality? While we never talk bad about another product, we sell by telling the good features of ours. Things that most people will never notice, the bolts are purchased based on shoulder length so you're not articulating on the threads, so the excess thread needs to be cut and the polished.
The attention to detail, you won't even find the washers upside down under the bolt heads.
Just stuff, we typically just sell to a different demographic.
TM

|

8/1/2022 8:52 PM

ToolMaker wrote:

are all requested North American (sometimes not available but ...more

Weird post lol Cringe. I hope the dudes cheaper one works out great for him now.

|

8/1/2022 9:04 PM

Broseph wrote:

ToolMaker wrote:

clarkgray432 wrote:

Weird post lol Cringe. I hope the dudes cheaper one works out great for him now.

What's so weird about answering a question? And I hope it works out for kNewc also, he's a good guy.
TM

|

8/2/2022 12:21 PM

Should have went with a switchhauler.com I got one a while back and it works greats and built better than any others I've seen on the market Photo
Photo

|

8/3/2022 6:38 AM

I would start a dispute. I emailed them as I am in the market for this sort of bike carrier and this is what they said lol

Photo

|

8/3/2022 7:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2022 12:13 PM

fourfourone wrote:

I would start a dispute. I emailed them as I am in the market for this sort of bike carrier and this is what they said lol

Photo

...more

He deleted my Instagram comments and I've emailed him a few times. Weird. I'm not trying to ruin his reputation and haven't really said anything bad about them. I'll email them again right now lol (I used the subject: 3 month order).

And my order is a few days short of 3 months.

Here is my order # so Andy can't claim "False Information"
https://imgur.com/mV4uGBY

|

8/3/2022 7:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2022 7:54 AM

Well I emailed him and just left a voicemail stating my name and order #. If I don't hear from him I'll open a PayPal case.

|

8/3/2022 7:40 AM

ToolMaker wrote:

Broseph wrote:

ToolMaker wrote:

Heck yeah. A guy who can sell his product without bashing competitors has got my business.

|

8/3/2022 7:57 AM

fourfourone wrote:

Photo

...more

kNewc wrote:

He deleted my Instagram comments and I've emailed him a few times. Weird. I'm not trying to ruin his reputation and haven't ...more

It's funny because most of their reviews consist of waiting months for the product and then the guy has the nerve to act like back orders aren't an issue. Typical idiot owner.

|

8/3/2022 7:59 AM

On a side note, does anyone have experience with this style rack? The tray style sketch me out. When I see bikes on them it looks super unstable.

|

8/3/2022 8:14 AM

fourfourone wrote:

Photo

...more

Delayed because of heat?
Well that's a new one.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

8/3/2022 8:19 AM

fourfourone wrote:

Photo

...more

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Delayed because of heat?
Well that's a new one.

I know it seems petty; but, the “off-shore quality” grammar of a post that’s claiming that one of our members is lying and stating…poorly…that there’s no problem…?

I’d be getting my money back and ordering the better product from ToolMaker.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/3/2022 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2022 9:19 AM

fourfourone wrote:

On a side note, does anyone have experience with this style rack? The tray style sketch me out. When I see bikes on them it ...more

The tray style racks you are seeing are the Harbor Freight model and some of the other cheap ones on Amazon. Yes, they are wobbly AF, but a lot of people use them with good luck, I wouldn't!
Check out "Versahaul" for an amazing tray rack that has no sway and is American made. It's the Cadillac of tray racks if you are in the market? Can usually find a good deal on marketplace on occasion.

|

8/3/2022 9:00 AM

I'm not in the market for a moto rack right now but could be soon if I downsize my truck.
I hated my harbor freight tray rack and gave it to a friend.
So the Jack Rack and Switch Hauler style rack are interesting.
Needless to say it won't be the Jack me off Rack based off how he treated kNewc.

|

8/3/2022 10:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2022 10:53 AM

Andy called/emailed and said he missed my order and he would try to get one shipped to me early next week (and that my order had been accidentally marked as shipped somehow).

I'll keep this updated.

|

8/3/2022 11:12 AM

kNewc wrote:

Andy called/emailed and said he missed my order and he would try to get one shipped to me early next week (and that my order ...more

That’s a good start! Looks like he might have the opportunity to make this right after all.

|