Moto Industry in CA?

SwingHard
7/12/2018 10:41pm
Bradj70 wrote:
im traveling to San Jose, CA for work and was wondering is there any moto industry stuff in the area that i can go site see...
im traveling to San Jose, CA for work and was wondering is there any moto industry stuff in the area that i can go site see? like team HQ or major brand HQ something to that nature. any other suggestions of things to do id love to hear it. im planning on using my day off to visit Santa Cruz and catch a few waves. this will be my first time in Californa
When are you in Santa Cruz? I'll be right up the road from Santa Cruz, RV camping in Felton all next week.I'll be surfing 1 or 2 days. Maybe get together for a beer or 2?
Bradj70
7/15/2018 9:30pm
PTshox wrote:
I live in Santa Cruz. Born and raised here. The Bell/Easton company is in Scotts Valley right off Scotts Valley Drive (5-6 miles from Santa Cruz...
I live in Santa Cruz. Born and raised here.

The Bell/Easton company is in Scotts Valley right off Scotts Valley Drive (5-6 miles from Santa Cruz - on the way if you're coming from San Jose, ca). Fox factory - the shock company Bob Fox owned, is about 3 blocks away. At least the R&D part of it. Both are worth visiting and I know Fox Factory has a show room/ display area.

Next on the list is Santa Cruz Mountain Bikes. They are off Mission Street in Santa Cruz. They are in the same building as IBIS bikes. SC Mtn Bikes has a show room too. I think you can call them about a tour if you're in town. They also rent bikes for cheap...demo's for like $20 bucks. It's a deal and they are right next to a lot of VERY good trails.

Waves in Santa Cruz... Visit the surf museum. There is a picture of one of my brothers in there.

Lots of moto history here. Lots of biking history here. Lots of weed too. LOL
nice...wanna go surf sunday the 22nd?
Bradj70
7/15/2018 9:31pm
Bradj70 wrote:
im traveling to San Jose, CA for work and was wondering is there any moto industry stuff in the area that i can go site see...
im traveling to San Jose, CA for work and was wondering is there any moto industry stuff in the area that i can go site see? like team HQ or major brand HQ something to that nature. any other suggestions of things to do id love to hear it. im planning on using my day off to visit Santa Cruz and catch a few waves. this will be my first time in Californa
SwingHard wrote:
When are you in Santa Cruz? I'll be right up the road from Santa Cruz, RV camping in Felton all next week.I'll be surfing 1 or...
When are you in Santa Cruz? I'll be right up the road from Santa Cruz, RV camping in Felton all next week.I'll be surfing 1 or 2 days. Maybe get together for a beer or 2?
yeah, id love to catch a few waves. i brought a suit, i think sunday will be my only day off. im hoping to stop by alta on the 24th
Bradj70
7/15/2018 9:34pm
Ted722 wrote:
Let's say you're able to go up to Alta in Brisbane for a visit. On the way back down to Santa Cruz, take 101 South, to...
Let's say you're able to go up to Alta in Brisbane for a visit.

On the way back down to Santa Cruz, take 101 South, to 380 East, 280 South, and then 92 West out to Half-Moon Bay. Great drive down the coast to Santa Cruz (even better on a motorcycle!)

Or you could do the opposite. Visit Santa Cruz first, then go up to Half-Moon Bay and over to Brisbane, CA
SwingHard wrote:
You are correct the "Slowcoast" drive between Half Moon Bay & Santa Cruz very Cool! Make sure you make a stop in Pescadero if you take...
You are correct the "Slowcoast" drive between Half Moon Bay & Santa Cruz very Cool! Make sure you make a stop in Pescadero if you take this route
and yes id love to see mavricks, but i think its a bit of stretch for one day? id be happy to chatch some waves around santa cruz area. probably pick up a foam rental something of the sort. one of yall wanna hang sunday i can buy lunch. Smile

The Shop

Bradj70
7/15/2018 9:42pm
People always ask this question. There is literally nothing to see. I don't understand why people think a place of business is a place for tourism...
People always ask this question. There is literally nothing to see. I don't understand why people think a place of business is a place for tourism. It's a goddamn business. Would you want yahoos randomly visiting your place of business? No. You will be met by a receptionist in a boring office building who will look at you funny.

There is nothing to see moto wise except maybe a dealership that might have cool old vintage bikes on display. Santa Cruz sucks balls and is nothing but a bunch of dirty, tree-hugging homeless hippies. Go to Monterey Bay Aquarium or Carmel. Half Moon Bay sucks balls too. The entire Bay Area sucks balls, including Brisbane. It's nothing but boring industrial buildings. That entire place needs to burn to the ground. Then there might be something interesting to see.

based on your advice imma just vist the cvs and my hotel room then Smile I just want something to do while im on my day off and moto is one of my favorite things even if its a store, i always enjoy killing some time on moto stuff. thats my perspective. Besides the main reason im here is work, but thought to make the most while im in the area.
lumpy790
7/16/2018 8:21am
Go see the tracks? Go see the cool moto dealers? Malcolm Smith Motorsports was cool to walk around and see all the vintage bikes on display.
teddy2forty
7/18/2018 1:06pm
Motion pro is still up there in the bay area and Fox is located in Morgan hill.not to far from there.
Fox is no longer located in Morgan Hill.

Those of us that were in Morgan Hill were relocated to Irvine between April-July 2016.

If you do go by the former office, you can see the plaque dedicated to Donny Schmit

18400 Sutter Blvd
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
PTshox
7/18/2018 1:42pm
Bradj70 wrote:
SwingHard wrote:
When are you in Santa Cruz? I'll be right up the road from Santa Cruz, RV camping in Felton all next week.I'll be surfing 1 or...
Sounds like you'll be at the Henry Cowell Camp ground off Graham Hill road?
I live about a mile from there.

Post a reply to: Moto Industry in CA?

The Latest