Moto Industry in CA?

Bradj70
7/11/2018 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 1:42pm
im traveling to San Jose, CA for work and was wondering is there any moto industry stuff in the area that i can go site see? like team HQ or major brand HQ something to that nature. any other suggestions of things to do id love to hear it. im planning on using my day off to visit Santa Cruz and catch a few waves. this will be my first time in Californa
|
NorCal 50+
7/11/2018 7:57pm
Good question. I am new to the region,but I can't think of much. It's more hipster/tech than moto as far as I know. Alta is there. Maybe the old timers have better info. I would be interested to know also.
Bradj70
7/11/2018 8:01pm
very cool, id love to check out ALTA

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
7/11/2018 8:05pm
Motion pro is still up there in the bay area and Fox is located in Morgan hill.not to far from there.

The Shop

Kyle_McNab
7/11/2018 8:11pm
I’m went there back in 15. Went to pro circuit they gave a tour of the whole building. Also got to met Mitch.
NorCal 50+
7/11/2018 8:34pm
I thought Fox and PC were in L.A.. In fact I went to both of them recently in L.A.. Did Fox use to be in Morgan Hill or something, or do they have multiple locations?
Stephon
7/11/2018 8:38pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I thought Fox and PC were in L.A.. In fact I went to both of them recently in L.A.. Did Fox use to be in Morgan...
I thought Fox and PC were in L.A.. In fact I went to both of them recently in L.A.. Did Fox use to be in Morgan Hill or something, or do they have multiple locations?
Not much moto stuff here in LA. If PC and/or Fox were here, I'd wonder why.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
7/11/2018 8:44pm
PC is in Corona. Fox is from Morgan Hill. But they may have a facility in Socal now as well. Not sure.
NorCal 50+
7/11/2018 8:49pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I thought Fox and PC were in L.A.. In fact I went to both of them recently in L.A.. Did Fox use to be in Morgan...
Stephon wrote:
Corona- right. I think of it as one big L.A. blob.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
7/11/2018 9:02pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Stephon wrote:
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I tend to agree. And I stand corrected, looks like most of Fox racing is located in Irvine now.
RockyRider
Fantasy
3347th
7/11/2018 9:54pm
Fox Suspension is in Scotts Valley, right next to SC. Alta is in SF but you don't wanna deal with that city. One of the oldest KTM dealerships is in Santa Cruz called Moore and Son's, pretty neat place. Motion Pro moved their HQ above Sacramento but I believe they still have a showroom/museum in San Carlos. And Bell in Scotts Valley as well. Check out Santa Cruz Mountain bikes HQ as well, unbelievable showroom
PTshox
7/11/2018 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 10:17pm
I live in Santa Cruz. Born and raised here.

The Bell/Easton company is in Scotts Valley right off Scotts Valley Drive (5-6 miles from Santa Cruz - on the way if you're coming from San Jose, ca). Fox factory - the shock company Bob Fox owned, is about 3 blocks away. At least the R&D part of it. Both are worth visiting and I know Fox Factory has a show room/ display area.

Next on the list is Santa Cruz Mountain Bikes. They are off Mission Street in Santa Cruz. They are in the same building as IBIS bikes. SC Mtn Bikes has a show room too. I think you can call them about a tour if you're in town. They also rent bikes for cheap...demo's for like $20 bucks. It's a deal and they are right next to a lot of VERY good trails.

Waves in Santa Cruz... Visit the surf museum. There is a picture of one of my brothers in there.

Lots of moto history here. Lots of biking history here. Lots of weed too. LOL
dirtmike86
7/12/2018 1:47pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Stephon wrote:
NorCal 50+ wrote:
How dare you call LA a blob lol.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/12/2018 1:49pm
RockyRider wrote:
Fox Suspension is in Scotts Valley, right next to SC. Alta is in SF but you don't wanna deal with that city. One of the oldest...
Fox Suspension is in Scotts Valley, right next to SC. Alta is in SF but you don't wanna deal with that city. One of the oldest KTM dealerships is in Santa Cruz called Moore and Son's, pretty neat place. Motion Pro moved their HQ above Sacramento but I believe they still have a showroom/museum in San Carlos. And Bell in Scotts Valley as well. Check out Santa Cruz Mountain bikes HQ as well, unbelievable showroom
Up in that area, that would be my pick also.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/12/2018 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2018 5:55pm
There is a rad Italian restaurant in Oceanside where you can meet up with a Vital dude and talk moto for a few hours......and get a $58 dollar parking ticket..... trust me I know.

Pinch
Jisola275
7/12/2018 5:59pm
Works connection is up north a little bit in el dorado hills
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
7/12/2018 6:59pm
Don’t know about Moto up there but you are a lucky guy getting up near Santa Cruz. Amazing places up there and I would go to a local bike shop instead of heading down to So Cal

Unless you fly over LA and land in San Diego
Ted722
7/12/2018 7:07pm
RockyRider wrote:
Fox Suspension is in Scotts Valley, right next to SC. Alta is in SF but you don't wanna deal with that city. One of the oldest...
GuyB wrote:
Up in that area, that would be my pick also.
Looks good. I would think Alta's location in Brisbane wouldn't be too much "City". It's just Northwest of the airport, but well South of SF.
Ted722
7/12/2018 7:32pm
Let's say you're able to go up to Alta in Brisbane for a visit.

On the way back down to Santa Cruz, take 101 South, to 380 East, 280 South, and then 92 West out to Half-Moon Bay. Great drive down the coast to Santa Cruz (even better on a motorcycle!)

Or you could do the opposite. Visit Santa Cruz first, then go up to Half-Moon Bay and over to Brisbane, CA
7/12/2018 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2018 7:49pm
People always ask this question. There is literally nothing to see. I don't understand why people think a place of business is a place for tourism. It's a goddamn business. Would you want yahoos randomly visiting your place of business? No. You will be met by a receptionist in a boring office building who will look at you funny.

There is nothing to see moto wise except maybe a dealership that might have cool old vintage bikes on display. Santa Cruz sucks balls and is nothing but a bunch of dirty, tree-hugging homeless hippies. Go to Monterey Bay Aquarium or Carmel. Half Moon Bay sucks balls too. The entire Bay Area sucks balls, including Brisbane. It's nothing but boring industrial buildings. That entire place needs to burn to the ground. Then there might be something interesting to see.

newmann
7/12/2018 8:24pm
Some cool old bikes and suspension history at the Fox Suspension museum at their Scott’s Valley location.Wink
H4L
7/12/2018 8:29pm
People always ask this question. There is literally nothing to see. I don't understand why people think a place of business is a place for tourism...
People always ask this question. There is literally nothing to see. I don't understand why people think a place of business is a place for tourism. It's a goddamn business. Would you want yahoos randomly visiting your place of business? No. You will be met by a receptionist in a boring office building who will look at you funny.

There is nothing to see moto wise except maybe a dealership that might have cool old vintage bikes on display. Santa Cruz sucks balls and is nothing but a bunch of dirty, tree-hugging homeless hippies. Go to Monterey Bay Aquarium or Carmel. Half Moon Bay sucks balls too. The entire Bay Area sucks balls, including Brisbane. It's nothing but boring industrial buildings. That entire place needs to burn to the ground. Then there might be something interesting to see.

Laughing Why don't you tell us how you really feel...
H4L
7/12/2018 8:33pm
PTshox wrote:
I live in Santa Cruz. Born and raised here. The Bell/Easton company is in Scotts Valley right off Scotts Valley Drive (5-6 miles from Santa Cruz...
I live in Santa Cruz. Born and raised here.

The Bell/Easton company is in Scotts Valley right off Scotts Valley Drive (5-6 miles from Santa Cruz - on the way if you're coming from San Jose, ca). Fox factory - the shock company Bob Fox owned, is about 3 blocks away. At least the R&D part of it. Both are worth visiting and I know Fox Factory has a show room/ display area.

Next on the list is Santa Cruz Mountain Bikes. They are off Mission Street in Santa Cruz. They are in the same building as IBIS bikes. SC Mtn Bikes has a show room too. I think you can call them about a tour if you're in town. They also rent bikes for cheap...demo's for like $20 bucks. It's a deal and they are right next to a lot of VERY good trails.

Waves in Santa Cruz... Visit the surf museum. There is a picture of one of my brothers in there.

Lots of moto history here. Lots of biking history here. Lots of weed too. LOL
I'm close by in Los Gatos. Those would be some good choices..
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
7/12/2018 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2018 10:12pm
People always ask this question. There is literally nothing to see. I don't understand why people think a place of business is a place for tourism...

Awful lot of ball sucking in your post....hoping it doesn’t come from experience
RMT
7/12/2018 8:50pm

You could have saved some time by just saying “move along, nothing to see here”. Lol
TeamGreen
7/12/2018 8:53pm

So, you don't like it there?

I've heard there's some nice places up in La Honda or over the hill in Rio Del Mar; but, I could be wrong.
NorCal 50+
7/12/2018 9:10pm

I don't know about Santa Cruz, but I went to PC, Troy Lee and Fox in one trip (near L.A.) and they were all cool to see, with really friendly people working there. I did try to go by FMF on someone's recommendation, but there didn't seem to be any access.
The Bay Area has it's issues, but it's a beautiful city. One of the nicest places I have been.

Fox

Troy Lee

KennyT
Fantasy
479th
7/12/2018 10:11pm

NorCal 50+ wrote:
I don't know about Santa Cruz, but I went to PC, Troy Lee and Fox in one trip (near L.A.) and they were all cool to...
I don't know about Santa Cruz, but I went to PC, Troy Lee and Fox in one trip (near L.A.) and they were all cool to see, with really friendly people working there. I did try to go by FMF on someone's recommendation, but there didn't seem to be any access.
The Bay Area has it's issues, but it's a beautiful city. One of the nicest places I have been.

Fox

Troy Lee

I’ve always thought it was very nice up in the Bay Area and Santa Cruz is a great place. Head North, south or inland from SC and you will see some of the most scenic sites in the world. Never lived there but after visiting several times it’s understandable why a delapidated shitbox sells for a million plus

Maybe some dirty old hippie ran off with the guys old lady
Ted722
7/12/2018 10:26pm
KennyT wrote:
I’ve always thought it was very nice up in the Bay Area and Santa Cruz is a great place. Head North, south or inland from SC...
I’ve always thought it was very nice up in the Bay Area and Santa Cruz is a great place. Head North, south or inland from SC and you will see some of the most scenic sites in the world. Never lived there but after visiting several times it’s understandable why a delapidated shitbox sells for a million plus

Maybe some dirty old hippie ran off with the guys old lady
A little further north in Northern California. Grinning

SwingHard
7/12/2018 10:30pm
Ted722 wrote:
Let's say you're able to go up to Alta in Brisbane for a visit. On the way back down to Santa Cruz, take 101 South, to...
Let's say you're able to go up to Alta in Brisbane for a visit.

On the way back down to Santa Cruz, take 101 South, to 380 East, 280 South, and then 92 West out to Half-Moon Bay. Great drive down the coast to Santa Cruz (even better on a motorcycle!)

Or you could do the opposite. Visit Santa Cruz first, then go up to Half-Moon Bay and over to Brisbane, CA
You are correct the "Slowcoast" drive between Half Moon Bay & Santa Cruz very Cool! Make sure you make a stop in Pescadero if you take this route

Post a reply to: Moto Industry in CA?

The Latest