Moto Historians, what was AST, exactly?

Johnny Ringo
Edited Date/Time 11/4/2021 7:19am
I remember this being some deal with the Thor riders but I never recall it being fully explained what it was..something along the lines of a “collective”? I think it only lasted that 2002 season?

|
49weasel
11/3/2021 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2021 6:26pm
Action Sports Team.
Briefly sold In Walmart’s.
I think a generic Thor jersey were sold there.
DC
11/3/2021 6:40pm
I remember this being some deal with the Thor riders but I never recall it being fully explained what it was..something along the lines of a...
I remember this being some deal with the Thor riders but I never recall it being fully explained what it was..something along the lines of a “collective”? I think it only lasted that 2002 season?

That's a podcast-sized question, and maybe Jason Weigandt or Steve Matthes can dig into the curious, and ultimately sad, history of AST and a man named Chris Carnicella (spelling may be off)... I believe Ernest Hemingway said, "All things end badly." Well, this ended badly.

DC
Racer X
mirramaxx
11/3/2021 7:16pm
DC
Like how bad? Moto in that ERA is so cool for me.( my 11 year old is reading MC's book she found )
luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
11/4/2021 3:14am
DC wrote:
That's a podcast-sized question, and maybe Jason Weigandt or Steve Matthes can dig into the curious, and ultimately sad, history of AST and a man named...
That's a podcast-sized question, and maybe Jason Weigandt or Steve Matthes can dig into the curious, and ultimately sad, history of AST and a man named Chris Carnicella (spelling may be off)... I believe Ernest Hemingway said, "All things end badly." Well, this ended badly.

DC
Racer X
You’re such a tease DC….. tell us more

The Shop

Hman144
Fantasy
714th
11/4/2021 3:57am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2021 7:19am
I know nothing about the how's and why's of AST's meteoric existence. Chris was a hometown boy- we graduated high school the same year, but I was in public and he was in the local Catholic school. It was exciting to see that effort ramp up. They had lots of big names signed on in the beginning and it looked like the sky was going to be the limit. But it seems like just another MX-related marketing effort that never reached its goals or was able to fulfill its promises. I believe MX marketing pioneer Jeff Glass, of Surf Detergent team fame, was involved with AST as well. The second effort, Ontheboxx, was a team-up with Ron Tichenor.

Post a reply to: Moto Historians, what was AST, exactly?

The Latest