Moto Family day

Deja New
Edited Date/Time 5/6/2020 11:07am
Took my wife and kids for a trail ride today. I’m sure all the dads on here know how good if feels to see the kids riding. This was the first time I took my 2 year old, we put some gear on him boots, helmet and googles.

So we set off for our ride but to my surprise by our first stop 15-20 minutes in I found my son like this Smile ( took his googles off for the photo )

Rode so careful and slow he slept like that for 20 or 30 minutes, cutest thing ever... so I stopped to help my wife and when I got of my bike the little fella woke but in such a good mood.... stuck him in with mum and all he could do was hold the bars and make bike noises like a mad man was way to cool to see h enjoying it like that. ( the bumps on his nose and forehead are from chasing chickens in the back yard and face planting )

My awesome wife was not enjoying the new bike we fouled 2 plugs Sad need to sort it out before our next ride but she was still smiling, who wouldn’t on an amazing day out with family n friends.

|
AxlBundy
5/4/2020 6:31am
Nice

Brought our kid on some wheeler rides when he was like 2. Thought maybe his neck was too weak for his helmet, then I realized he was falling asleep in my arms. Puts kids right to sleep
Hammer 663s
5/4/2020 7:15am
Mine did the same thing at that age. I felt him go limp and thought he'd take a rock to the head or something. Panicked for a few seconds until I figure it out. Great memories and times. He's almost 14 now and lives to moto, My wife, not so much. Wink

Hammer

TeamGreen
5/4/2020 7:22am
These threads of the family out riding and having a good time are THE BEST!

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
5/4/2020 7:46am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2020 7:47am
Awesome ! We were out in Ocotillo when the kids were little, same thing happened. The people in camp panicked at first when they saw us ride into camp, “OMG what happened” “calm down it’s ok, he’s asleep”LaughingLaughing Great story thanks for sharing Cool
Deja New
5/4/2020 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2020 1:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I think they are awesome love seeing family threads. Riding with the kids is the best.
dimetime
5/4/2020 3:32pm
Damn this brings back great memories! Everyone's all growed up now and doing other stuff, like college and law school, hopefully l'll get the future grandkids to ride to bring it all full circle and hopefully get at least the boy riding again.

Hug them tight everyday! Awesome looking fam!
Ted722
5/5/2020 11:08am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2020 11:07am
TeamGreen wrote:
There’s a lot of that going on. And I dare say the break from organized youth sports has made it so much easier. Did that Sunday with my family and my sister’s family.

Icing on the cake was seeing an old friend with his white van and clean #19 numbered KTM.

He waved me by on the turn track. I think he just wanted a whiff of my YZ125’s 50/50 VP110 @ 40:1 exhaust. Good times! 👍

P.S. I was the "mean" Uncle to my teenage nephew. I had it planned(a surprise) for him to sample my YZ125 for the first time. A perfect transition from his TTR125. Well, he's having a hard time adapting to boots for his size 12 boats. When it came time to ride the YZ, I said "put your boots on first." He said, "I forgot them at home". I said "next time, those pegs on the YZ are sharp...so no go." He won't "forget" those again.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/5/2020 11:20am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2020 11:21am
Got my kids to finally try riding without training wheels Sunday evening for about 2-3 minutes each. Took them to an empty parking lot last night and let them go! They rode awesome and my 4 year old son decided to stand up 😂 Feeling pretty damn proud of them!

MelonFan123
5/5/2020 11:40am
Just had my first child last week and I can’t wait to get her out riding on my handlebars in a few years. It’s crazy how threads like these change once your’re a dad
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/5/2020 11:47am
Just had my first child last week and I can’t wait to get her out riding on my handlebars in a few years. It’s crazy how...
Just had my first child last week and I can’t wait to get her out riding on my handlebars in a few years. It’s crazy how threads like these change once your’re a dad
Congrats dude!
MXATC
Fantasy
2394th
5/5/2020 12:12pm
You guys are very fortunate to have the support from your wives and family to go riding/racing. Mine was never supportive of it. I did have a Yamaha PW50 for my daughter but she outgrew it and never wanted another one when she crashed it. I raced for a number of year by myself. Now I race Ironman triathlons and still don't get any support. But I keep going because it's what I love doing. Keep you families involved as much as you can fellas.
Deja New
5/5/2020 1:08pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Got my kids to finally try riding without training wheels Sunday evening for about 2-3 minutes each. Took them to an empty parking lot last night...
Got my kids to finally try riding without training wheels Sunday evening for about 2-3 minutes each. Took them to an empty parking lot last night and let them go! They rode awesome and my 4 year old son decided to stand up 😂 Feeling pretty damn proud of them!

That’s so cool Matty it’s a proud moment indeed....
Deja New
5/5/2020 1:09pm
Just had my first child last week and I can’t wait to get her out riding on my handlebars in a few years. It’s crazy how...
Congrats mate Smile it’s worth the wait ....
5/5/2020 1:17pm
Yep last Friday daughter and I took a mental health day, she rips a KTM 50 Awesome Day
Deja New
5/5/2020 1:19pm
MXATC wrote:
You guys are very fortunate to have the support from your wives and family to go riding/racing. Mine was never supportive of it. I did have...
You guys are very fortunate to have the support from your wives and family to go riding/racing. Mine was never supportive of it. I did have a Yamaha PW50 for my daughter but she outgrew it and never wanted another one when she crashed it. I raced for a number of year by myself. Now I race Ironman triathlons and still don't get any support. But I keep going because it's what I love doing. Keep you families involved as much as you can fellas.
Mate you have no idea how blessed I feel. My neighbors wife just bought a bike too so our wife’s go out by them selves trail riding.
He has a track in his yard so we sit all day and watch the kids some Sundays. We always say just how fortunate we actually are.
And this is how most days end......

glad you’re still doing it! Show your wife these types of threads who knows mate she might give it a go Smile
dimetime
5/5/2020 5:32pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Congrats dude!
Awesome. Congrats! Good stuff ahead.
Sleeves945
5/5/2020 5:44pm
Awesome family thread. I was fortunate enough to spin some laps with my little guy on my bike this past Sunday. He’s still a little weary of riding his PW-50 but it will come in time.

Hoseclamp
Fantasy
658th
5/5/2020 6:16pm
Deja New wrote:
Mate you have no idea how blessed I feel. My neighbors wife just bought a bike too so our wife’s go out by them selves trail...
Mate you have no idea how blessed I feel. My neighbors wife just bought a bike too so our wife’s go out by them selves trail riding.
He has a track in his yard so we sit all day and watch the kids some Sundays. We always say just how fortunate we actually are.
And this is how most days end......

glad you’re still doing it! Show your wife these types of threads who knows mate she might give it a go Smile
You look pretty happy..... maybe too happy with that glass boner. Im just trying to decide of its that sweet truck or your mx boots giving you that feeling! WoohooLaughing
Joking aside, family moto is by far the best thing ever. Wifey, all 3 kids, and I spent Friday-Sunday camping at the track and it was like much needed therapy during these stressful times. I ask every time on the way home "who had a good time today" and of course everyone always says ME! No matter the small stress of gathering gear, supplies, bikes, tools it is ALWAYS worth it in the end as these are days that they will remember for the rest of their lives. You simply cant beat family time at the track with anything.
Deja New
5/5/2020 7:15pm
thanks for the chuckle the boner would be from the view the boots the truck the memories of the ride we just had and and and Woohoo

You're 100% right all the little things that can stress don't matter when you can see them all smile having a moto good time...

Post a reply to: Moto Family day

The Latest