Moto And Cervical Fusion

MXBREWSKI
2/26/2019 2:51am
JAFO92 wrote:
Do you have the anterior xray of your neck also? Would love to see how those replacements look from the front. Which disc(s) did they use...
Do you have the anterior xray of your neck also? Would love to see how those replacements look from the front.

Which disc(s) did they use? There are a LOT of different kinds out there now.
No sorry, just the side shot.
Mobi-C
JAFO92
2/26/2019 10:45am
Thank you sir.

When my wife needed C5/C6 work done, we went and got lots of different opinions. The problem we ran into was that depending on which Dr. we went to, they all were pushing a particular product that they felt was best. This was not too long after cervical replacements were made legal for use in the US. So here you have a handful of Docs, who all say *their* disk is best, who are you to believe? We all have seen the TV commercials that say, "Did you have this-or-that product put in from 1990-thru-2000, you may entitled to compensation" and there be a recall or something. She was very scared she would be one of those persons who ended up with a flawed disk and have to go thru the entire surgery again, or worse.

I ran into a long time friend who was an orthopedic surgeon at the post office one day and asked him, "If your daughter was in a car accident and needed her C5/C6 worked on, would you go replacement disk or fusion?" He answered this way, "Right now there are about 6 or 7 different replacement disks out there, and they all may be great, or they all may end up having problems, there just is no telling long-term because they are so new. On the other hand, there is 75 years of data to look at regarding fusion and what you will end up with if you go fusion. If it was my daughter and only one level that needed work, at this time Id go fusion."

Its great to hear success stories about cervical disk replacement now and hopefully there is a consensus about which are best and patients arent having to be guinea pigs.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Moto And Cervical Fusion

The Latest