Moto America ... WTF !?!

KMC440
I know TV slots are important but seriously taking a national championship series and running just over a third of the race and calling it because of a blown motor going into one AT 4:05PM LOCAL TIME !!!

Well that's just bullshit !!!

bush league MotoAmerica YOU SUCK ! ! !
|
zehn
6/4/2017 2:37pm
It really is a shame, what American superbike racing has become.
KMC440
6/4/2017 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2017 3:12pm
Thing is ... I love racing at RA ... the place is great, but that "made for TV" time constraints was literally chicken shit.
Almost went down there today and watch, but life got in the way. Actually glad I didn't, because I'd have the hour drive home after being cheated out of almost 2/3rds of the race!
By the way ... a 2:14 WITH the bus stop in there is RIDICULOUSLY FAST... you people have no idea !!!
wfo4ever
6/4/2017 7:34pm
I love motocross but I do watch all types of racing on TV. The American road racing series "MotoAmerica" is in serious decline and sinking fast. They have to combine 2 classes in both the 600cc and 1000cc class just to try to fill the starting grid with riders. This is due to a serious lack of riders. Suzuki and Yamaha only have 2 factory riders each for Superbike, and 2 more for Supersport. They are the only riders at the front racing for the win. The rest of the field are not even close, they do not have a chance against the factory riders, they are all just small teams and privateers. Honda and Kawasaki don't even bother to participate with a factory race team anymore, it is just not worth the expense or hassle for them. It sucks that bad. Today's race was a prime example. The 600cc supersport race was only 11 laps. There was a wreck in the 1000cc Superbike class on the first lap, they red flag the race, then restart the race again. Then a rider has a blown engine, it puts oil down on the track, and they red flag the race. But then the AMA calls the race? WTF? That is crazy!!! The race is over after I think 5 laps with lots of daylight left to finish running all the laps. If I was a spectator I would want my money back. Also if you watch any of these races the TV coverage has been terrible, they show the riders crew pits watching their monitors and slower riders racing for 10th place when there is a tight 3 or 4 rider battle at the front. You miss 1/2 of the racing at the front because of it. I also notice there are very few spectators at any of these Motoamerica races. In my opinion I doubt it can survive much longer. It really is a shame to see it keep going down hill over the years. You can thank the AMA for that with all of their wisdom. I just hope motocross and supercross keep doing well and the AMA does not run it into the ground like road racing.

The Shop

wfo4ever
6/4/2017 7:39pm
Kids that would get into this racing now have their heads buried in their electronics.
Kids with their heads buried in electronics is going to hurt all forms of motorcycle racing in the near future. Kids want a electronic device not a motorcycle. No new motorcycle riders means no motorcycle races eventually. Think about it......
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
6/4/2017 10:19pm
wfo4ever wrote:
Kids with their heads buried in electronics is going to hurt all forms of motorcycle racing in the near future. Kids want a electronic device not...
Kids with their heads buried in electronics is going to hurt all forms of motorcycle racing in the near future. Kids want a electronic device not a motorcycle. No new motorcycle riders means no motorcycle races eventually. Think about it......
I just want to know when we can start blaming the parents for this? If you are active with your kids and take that stuff away, you would be amazed how much your kid could care less. Blame it on lazy parenting.
cwtoyota
6/4/2017 10:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2017 10:24pm
wfo4ever wrote:
Kids with their heads buried in electronics is going to hurt all forms of motorcycle racing in the near future. Kids want a electronic device not...
mx510 wrote:
I just want to know when we can start blaming the parents for this? If you are active with your kids and take that stuff away...
I just want to know when we can start blaming the parents for this? If you are active with your kids and take that stuff away, you would be amazed how much your kid could care less. Blame it on lazy parenting.
I don't have kids. When I look around at the ones my friends are raising that's exactly what I see (good ones and bad ones).

We had a computer as kids in the 80s. If my dad caught me on that thing on a nice sunny day he would chew my ass and tell me to go outside. Thanks dad!

rancor19
6/4/2017 11:37pm
cwtoyota wrote:
I don't have kids. When I look around at the ones my friends are raising that's exactly what I see (good ones and bad ones). We...
I don't have kids. When I look around at the ones my friends are raising that's exactly what I see (good ones and bad ones).

We had a computer as kids in the 80s. If my dad caught me on that thing on a nice sunny day he would chew my ass and tell me to go outside. Thanks dad!

I didn't have a computer...or a dad in the 80's Sad

j/k - I had a computer Woohoo
Rdracer598
6/5/2017 4:56am
wfo4ever wrote:
I love motocross but I do watch all types of racing on TV. The American road racing series "MotoAmerica" is in serious decline and sinking fast...
I love motocross but I do watch all types of racing on TV. The American road racing series "MotoAmerica" is in serious decline and sinking fast. They have to combine 2 classes in both the 600cc and 1000cc class just to try to fill the starting grid with riders. This is due to a serious lack of riders. Suzuki and Yamaha only have 2 factory riders each for Superbike, and 2 more for Supersport. They are the only riders at the front racing for the win. The rest of the field are not even close, they do not have a chance against the factory riders, they are all just small teams and privateers. Honda and Kawasaki don't even bother to participate with a factory race team anymore, it is just not worth the expense or hassle for them. It sucks that bad. Today's race was a prime example. The 600cc supersport race was only 11 laps. There was a wreck in the 1000cc Superbike class on the first lap, they red flag the race, then restart the race again. Then a rider has a blown engine, it puts oil down on the track, and they red flag the race. But then the AMA calls the race? WTF? That is crazy!!! The race is over after I think 5 laps with lots of daylight left to finish running all the laps. If I was a spectator I would want my money back. Also if you watch any of these races the TV coverage has been terrible, they show the riders crew pits watching their monitors and slower riders racing for 10th place when there is a tight 3 or 4 rider battle at the front. You miss 1/2 of the racing at the front because of it. I also notice there are very few spectators at any of these Motoamerica races. In my opinion I doubt it can survive much longer. It really is a shame to see it keep going down hill over the years. You can thank the AMA for that with all of their wisdom. I just hope motocross and supercross keep doing well and the AMA does not run it into the ground like road racing.
Road racing is on the decline every where. Club racing entries are sad, was just at a club race this weekend and grids were the smallest I have ever seen. Racing hasn't recovered from the economy crash. Who wants to drop 2k plus on a race weekend and have no chance on getting any money back? Alot of pro riders use to run club races to chase contingency money to offset the cost but since most companies no longer pay it's put a hurting on people.
twnorton
6/5/2017 6:08am
Rdracer598 wrote:
Road racing is on the decline every where. Club racing entries are sad, was just at a club race this weekend and grids were the smallest...
Road racing is on the decline every where. Club racing entries are sad, was just at a club race this weekend and grids were the smallest I have ever seen. Racing hasn't recovered from the economy crash. Who wants to drop 2k plus on a race weekend and have no chance on getting any money back? Alot of pro riders use to run club races to chase contingency money to offset the cost but since most companies no longer pay it's put a hurting on people.
exactly! I moved from track days to moto bc of the cost. Money goes a lot farther for moto then road racing.
Ted722
6/5/2017 6:33am
They shortened the race because they were running out of TV time, so the riders could get their robot sponsor regurgitation (post race interviews) in?
wfo4ever
6/5/2017 8:52am
I was on vacation in Daytona Beach for the last couple of weeks in May. I drove down with my wife from NC. During the whole trip I only saw a few motorcycles, but I did see a few more scooters than motorcycles. Most of the riders were older 50+ guys. We go down to Daytona Beach about 3-4 times a year to our condo. I always see Harley's, sportbikes, street bikes, dual sports and some dirt bikes in the back of trucks or on trailers during our trips. I only saw at the most maybe 20 motorcycles during our 1500 miles of driving and none of them were dirt bikes, not one. It was very strange. We drove over to Orlando a few times to see relatives and saw only a few motorcycles during both of those trips. I did see a teen girl on a Honda 4 wheeler with no helmet riding on the side of a road, that was the only off road vehicle I saw on this trip. It was very strange, almost like there was ban on motorcycles. Stopped at a couple of motorcycle dealers and they all said business was terrible. I also noticed some motorcycle shops had closed that had been around for a long time. The times are changing for sure.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
6/7/2017 6:27am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2017 6:29am
wfo4ever wrote:
I love motocross but I do watch all types of racing on TV. The American road racing series "MotoAmerica" is in serious decline and sinking fast...
Rdracer598 wrote:
Road racing is on the decline every where. Club racing entries are sad, was just at a club race this weekend and grids were the smallest...
I don't believe the "it's the economy" excuse. I personally think that ship sailed after 2012ish. I have a lot of former trackday friends who now prefer to ride their $25,000 side by side with their wife and family instead of going to the track and risking life and limb. I agree the younger generations don't have the same interest it seems but the reality is very few did as I grew up as well. Maybe it's less maybe it isn't I really don't know. Hopefully this is more of a fad and not a long term trend.

The most shocking statement I've seen this year was DV12 saying he wouldn't let his son race.

Post a reply to: Moto America ... WTF !?!

The Latest