Most wrecks and crashes in one race?

Paul333
3/4/2018 9:59am
Is that really a Supercross track anymore?

A sand section, whoop section, and nothing else but highly technical jumps.
aees
3/4/2018 11:06am
I bet you would never go to a local track that was so hazardous. It's OK to poach a good idea that is already proven. The...
I bet you would never go to a local track that was so hazardous. It's OK to poach a good idea that is already proven. The water filled barriers would be even better since they are higher and provide advertising space, but that is quite complex.
731chopper wrote:
I’ve ridden arenacross tracks with tough blocks and never clipped one. I don’t see how you can argue a stationary foam block as being dangerous. If...
I’ve ridden arenacross tracks with tough blocks and never clipped one. I don’t see how you can argue a stationary foam block as being dangerous. If they are moved during the race then that is a different story.
If the tuff block was not there, would multiple riders have caught it and get hurt? No?

Case closed.
akillerwombat
3/4/2018 11:12am
aees wrote:
If the tuff block was not there, would multiple riders have caught it and get hurt? No?

Case closed.
Could god make a burrito so hot he couldn't eat it?

Your argument is ridiculous. If they were moving tough blocks designed to be ducked and dodged by the riders, sure, but these are stationary markers at the side of the track... don't want to clip one, stay towards the middle of the track.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 11:15am
aees wrote:

Case closed.
Could god make a burrito so hot he couldn't eat it? Your argument is ridiculous. If they were moving tough blocks designed to be ducked and...

Your argument is ridiculous. If they were moving tough blocks designed to be ducked and dodged by the riders, sure, but these are stationary markers at the side of the track... don't want to clip one, stay towards the middle of the track.
Answer this. What impacts are tough blocks preventing on the leading edge of a triple out of a corner? None.

What impacts are they causing? Massive potentially life threatening and career ending.

No reason for them on the leading edge.

The Shop

matze
Fantasy
3101st
3/4/2018 11:15am
aees wrote:

Case closed.
Could god make a burrito so hot he couldn't eat it? Your argument is ridiculous. If they were moving tough blocks designed to be ducked and...

Now case closed, nailed it
aees
3/4/2018 11:19am
aees wrote:

Case closed.

matze wrote:
Now case closed, nailed it
With argument, no rider should ever crash. You just ask them to adapt the speed to the condition of the track.

When multiple riders crash at the same place, maybe do something aboutit it. That tuff block added no value. Remove it.
akillerwombat
3/4/2018 11:20am
yz133rider wrote:
Answer this. What impacts are tough blocks preventing on the leading edge of a triple out of a corner? None. What impacts are they causing? Massive...
Answer this. What impacts are tough blocks preventing on the leading edge of a triple out of a corner? None.

What impacts are they causing? Massive potentially life threatening and career ending.

Answer this, did the tough block cause the rider to crash or did the rider going too wide and hitting the tough block cause the rider to crash?

Don't get me wrong, I am horribly depressed watching riders drop this season, but blaming the tough blocks is asinine.
aees
3/4/2018 11:20am
aees wrote:

Case closed.

Yea, that is why they don't heat it so you get burns anymore. They got sued just as MC with coffee.

So good example of why you should do something about things when people get hurt.
akillerwombat
3/4/2018 11:23am
aees wrote:
Yea, that is why they don't heat it so you get burns anymore. They got sued just as MC with coffee. So good example of why...
Yea, that is why they don't heat it so you get burns anymore. They got sued just as MC with coffee.

So good example of why you should do something about things when people get hurt.
God got sued like McDonalds?

Who won?
TDeath21
3/4/2018 11:24am
That’s what happens when no great riders are out there so everyone has a decent chance of winning. They push harder and more accidents happen. That triple was just a regular triple. Guys were pushing too hard in the turn before it and going wide. Nobody’s fault but their own.
TDeath21
3/4/2018 11:27am
aees wrote:
With argument, no rider should ever crash. You just ask them to adapt the speed to the condition of the track. When multiple riders crash at...
With argument, no rider should ever crash. You just ask them to adapt the speed to the condition of the track.

When multiple riders crash at the same place, maybe do something aboutit it. That tuff block added no value. Remove it.
Remove those and you will sometimes have riders jumping 70 feet over into the oncoming riders. I’d much rather see the rider who made the mistake wad up like Ferrandis than I would risk a head on collision.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 11:28am
yz133rider wrote:
Answer this. What impacts are tough blocks preventing on the leading edge of a triple out of a corner? None. What impacts are they causing? Massive...

Answer this, did the tough block cause the rider to crash or did the rider going too wide and hitting the tough block cause the rider...
Answer this, did the tough block cause the rider to crash or did the rider going too wide and hitting the tough block cause the rider to crash?

Don't get me wrong, I am horribly depressed watching riders drop this season, but blaming the tough blocks is asinine.
You didnt answer my question.
My answer to yours is quite clear, if they werent there, this wouldnt have happened. And since they are serving no purpose in that particular position, they are simply a hazard...
yz133rider
3/4/2018 11:30am
aees wrote:
With argument, no rider should ever crash. You just ask them to adapt the speed to the condition of the track. When multiple riders crash at...

TDeath21 wrote:
Remove those and you will sometimes have riders jumping 70 feet over into the oncoming riders. I’d much rather see the rider who made the mistake...
Remove those and you will sometimes have riders jumping 70 feet over into the oncoming riders. I’d much rather see the rider who made the mistake wad up like Ferrandis than I would risk a head on collision.
Bowers crash you think he was gonna go across lanes and take someone out head on? No.
All the examples from last night also no. They arent preventing that and that's not all of a sudden going to be an issue.
akillerwombat
3/4/2018 11:35am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 11:37am
yz133rider wrote:
You didnt answer my question. My answer to yours is quite clear, if they werent there, this wouldnt have happened. And since they are serving no...
My answer to yours is quite clear, if they werent there, this wouldnt have happened. And since they are serving no purpose in that particular position, they are simply a hazard...
I didn't answer your question because it's not a question in which can be properly answered as it's a hypothetical.

"What are they preventing"... we don't know because they may have or may have not prevented it.

Yet I can definitively say (without question) that "had the rider NOT gone too wide he would NOT have hit the tough and NOT crashed as a result of hitting said tough block".
DonM
3/4/2018 11:36am
aees wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
Remove those and you will sometimes have riders jumping 70 feet over into the oncoming riders. I’d much rather see the rider who made the mistake...
yz133rider wrote:
Bowers crash you think he was gonna go across lanes and take someone out head on? No. All the examples from last night also no. They...
Bowers crash you think he was gonna go across lanes and take someone out head on? No.
All the examples from last night also no. They arent preventing that and that's not all of a sudden going to be an issue.
Bowers crashed because a track worker placed the tuff block closer to the track than it previously was on the lap before...that issue has been handled....how many riders were saved from injuries by landing on a tuff block during a crash rather than hitting the ground?? I've seen a lot more of that than what we saw last night...maybe just paint a white line on the inside of the tuff blocks so there is more of a visual that riders can see...removing tuff blocks will cause more harm than good...overreacting is not the answer.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 11:40am
TDeath21 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Bowers crash you think he was gonna go across lanes and take someone out head on? No. All the examples from last night also no. They...
DonM wrote:
Bowers crashed because a track worker placed the tuff block closer to the track than it previously was on the lap before...that issue has been handled....how...
Bowers crashed because a track worker placed the tuff block closer to the track than it previously was on the lap before...that issue has been handled....how many riders were saved from injuries by landing on a tuff block during a crash rather than hitting the ground?? I've seen a lot more of that than what we saw last night...maybe just paint a white line on the inside of the tuff blocks so there is more of a visual that riders can see...removing tuff blocks will cause more harm than good...overreacting is not the answer.
Im not saying to remove them all but removing tjem on the leading edge of a triple out of a corner where they are serving no purpose!
Asimo
3/4/2018 11:41am
F1 racers have blown tires and broken suspension parts running over the Curbs. They could stay in the middle but don't.
They take that chance.

DonM
3/4/2018 11:51am
yz133rider wrote:
DonM wrote:
Bowers crashed because a track worker placed the tuff block closer to the track than it previously was on the lap before...that issue has been handled....how...
yz133rider wrote:
Im not saying to remove them all but removing tjem on the leading edge of a triple out of a corner where they are serving no...
Im not saying to remove them all but removing tjem on the leading edge of a triple out of a corner where they are serving no purpose!
No purpose!...I'd argue it helps keep them from making a mistake and flying into the other lane...again paint a white line to give them a better visual.
KDXGarage
3/4/2018 12:38pm
How about changing the height or shape of SOME of the Tuff Blocks?

Triangle, trapezoid?

Not quite footpeg grabbing height in some locations?

Maybe even higher in some locations?
yz133rider
3/4/2018 12:42pm
KDXGarage wrote:
How about changing the height or shape of SOME of the Tuff Blocks? Triangle, trapezoid? Not quite footpeg grabbing height in some locations? Maybe even higher...

Triangle, trapezoid?

Yes. Exactly. Imagine that. Some thought and not just immediate aggressive dismissal of any safety improvements.
Racer111
3/4/2018 2:20pm
You know, it’s just part of the sport.

I saw 4 guys get hurt pretty bad last weekend on a flat track going in circles with no jumps.

It is what it is. All the incidents yesterday were rider error. WP and the other two guys went to wide and clipped the tough block.
TDeath21
3/4/2018 2:24pm
yz133rider wrote:
I’d rather see a tough block on the face of a triple cause 20 crashes like Ferrandis than I would see a rider jump over into oncoming traffic once. So I’m okay with the way it is now.
Racer111
3/4/2018 2:27pm
yz133rider wrote:

Answer this, did the tough block cause the rider to crash or did the rider going too wide and hitting the tough block cause the rider...

yz133rider wrote:
You didnt answer my question. My answer to yours is quite clear, if they werent there, this wouldnt have happened. And since they are serving no...
No, it Ferrandis and WO hadn’t gone SO wide, they wouldn’t have hit the tough block.

Your argument holds no weight. So if a guy goes around a corner too fast in a neighborhood and hits a car parked on the street, is it the drivers fault or whomever parked their car on the street?

Hint- It’s the drivers fault. Wink
yz133rider
3/4/2018 2:41pm

yz133rider wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
No, it Ferrandis and WO hadn’t gone SO wide, they wouldn’t have hit the tough block. Your argument holds no weight. So if a guy goes...
No, it Ferrandis and WO hadn’t gone SO wide, they wouldn’t have hit the tough block.

Your argument holds no weight. So if a guy goes around a corner too fast in a neighborhood and hits a car parked on the street, is it the drivers fault or whomever parked their car on the street?

Hint- It’s the drivers fault. Wink
If theres a tree 2 inches to the inside of a corner at your local track and someone clips it and gets decapitated was it a good idea to have the tree and corner set up that way? Why make it riskier. Hint there's nothing wrong with trying to make it safer...
Nighttrain
3/4/2018 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 3:08pm
KDXGarage wrote:
How about changing the height or shape of SOME of the Tuff Blocks? Triangle, trapezoid? Not quite footpeg grabbing height in some locations? Maybe even higher...

Triangle, trapezoid?

This is a good idea. The blocks are staying because they generate advertising revenue. A triangle design would at least reduce the chances of them catching in footpegs and shifters. Canard is in a good position to advocate a design change in the TuffBlocks even though I think they fixed the problem that contributed to his crash.

https://youtu.be/AWjPoPzsYxs

Post a reply to: Most wrecks and crashes in one race?

The Latest