Most wrecks and crashes in one race?

hillbilly
3/4/2018 7:02am
hillbilly wrote:
They have the handlebars in their hands. Why not pull off or not do the jump or not race if its to dangerous? They could build...
They have the handlebars in their hands. Why not pull off or not do the jump or not race if its to dangerous?

They could build a flat track and there would still be ways to get hurt.

Safe and motorcycle racing are two different things.
yz133rider wrote:
See exactly the responses i expect and offer no help.
I offered a sure way not to get injured. Don't race a bike. A sure way to get injured at some point is to race a bike.

Quiet simple really
yz133rider
3/4/2018 7:05am
hillbilly wrote:
They have the handlebars in their hands. Why not pull off or not do the jump or not race if its to dangerous? They could build...
They have the handlebars in their hands. Why not pull off or not do the jump or not race if its to dangerous?

They could build a flat track and there would still be ways to get hurt.

Safe and motorcycle racing are two different things.
yz133rider wrote:
See exactly the responses i expect and offer no help.
hillbilly wrote:
I offered a sure way not to get injured. Don't race a bike. A sure way to get injured at some point is to race a...
I offered a sure way not to get injured. Don't race a bike. A sure way to get injured at some point is to race a bike.

Quiet simple really
Yes hillbilly thanks for the insight.
DonM
3/4/2018 7:06am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 7:06am
yz133rider wrote:
Safe to say the jump fest atlanta track was particularly dangerous. Lets hear all the "jumps dont cause wrecks or injuries defenders" argue this one. Stop...
Safe to say the jump fest atlanta track was particularly dangerous. Lets hear all the "jumps dont cause wrecks or injuries defenders" argue this one.

Stop making it suicidecross or circuscross and give the riders some time on the ground to make up time and make passes.

Or fill it with as many jumps as possible and see how many riders you can injure per weekened.

Also that wide corner after the finish offered so many passes and repasses time after time. Guess what wasn't there? Jumps. Guess what else wasnt there? Carnage and injuries Like the rest of the track
DonM wrote:
Flat Track racing is becoming more popular...maybe you should watch that...
yz133rider wrote:
Lol once again what i expected and zero value to the discussion.
BS...who made you the safety police....you say things need to change every week...the riders loved the track...the way the line formed in the corner before the triple pushed the guys to the outside was the only issue but the riders kept taking that line because it was the fastest...smart riders like Anderson squared it every time others just pinned it and some paid the price...that you can't fix.

Can't wait to hear what you don't like about Daytona next week...Whistling

The Shop

yz133rider
3/4/2018 7:10am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 7:12am
DonM wrote:
BS...who made you the safety police....you say things need to change every week...the riders loved the track...the way the line formed in the corner before the...
BS...who made you the safety police....you say things need to change every week...the riders loved the track...the way the line formed in the corner before the triple pushed the guys to the outside was the only issue but the riders kept taking that line because it was the fastest...smart riders like Anderson squared it every time others just pinned it and some paid the price...that you can't fix.

So if you had your way after seeing all the wrecks last night there isnt one single thing youd change about the track last night...not one? Not one thing ever could be changed to potentially save a rider from being paralyzed or die at a supercross race? Or from breaking both sides of their pelvis etc...

Not one thing?
DonM
3/4/2018 7:14am
DonM wrote:
BS...who made you the safety police....you say things need to change every week...the riders loved the track...the way the line formed in the corner before the...

yz133rider wrote:
So if you had your way after seeing all the wrecks last night there isnt one single thing youd change about the track last night...not one...
So if you had your way after seeing all the wrecks last night there isnt one single thing youd change about the track last night...not one? Not one thing ever could be changed to potentially save a rider from being paralyzed or die at a supercross race? Or from breaking both sides of their pelvis etc...

Not one thing?
Nope not a thing...this shit is dangerous...everything that happened was the riders mistakes, except Baggett his was mechanical...

One thing...I would get rid of the triple crown format....
dedi684
3/4/2018 7:15am
The powers that be have finally ruined motocross.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 7:18am
DonM wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
So if you had your way after seeing all the wrecks last night there isnt one single thing youd change about the track last night...not one...

Not one thing?
DonM wrote:
Nope not a thing...this shit is dangerous...everything that happened was the riders mistakes, except Baggett his was mechanical... One thing...I would get rid of the triple...
Nope not a thing...this shit is dangerous...everything that happened was the riders mistakes, except Baggett his was mechanical...

Thats disappointing. Not even maybe remove tough blocks on the leading face of a triple out of a corner where they have nearly zero potential to save an injury but massive potential to cause one?
3/4/2018 7:31am
yz133rider wrote:
Thats disappointing. Not even maybe remove tough blocks on the leading face of a triple out of a corner where they have nearly zero potential to...
Thats disappointing. Not even maybe remove tough blocks on the leading face of a triple out of a corner where they have nearly zero potential to save an injury but massive potential to cause one?
If we can save just one pro motocrosser from the wrath of tough blocks, it will have all been worth it.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 7:37am
yz133rider wrote:
Thats disappointing. Not even maybe remove tough blocks on the leading face of a triple out of a corner where they have nearly zero potential to...
If we can save just one pro motocrosser from the wrath of tough blocks, it will have all been worth it.
Make jokes i suppose? Unless ur serious it is something to address.
Ted722
3/4/2018 7:50am
Atlanta clay is too dangerous. Truck that A2 triple crown dirt to every round. While you’re at it, use that same track design and “whoop” section at all 17 Rounds of SX next year. Tuffblocks? They’re doing their job, unless you want more head-ons? But, I’m just guessing you think head-ons are unsafe.
Johnny Depp
3/4/2018 7:52am
Tuffblocks stopping head on's is BS. The bikes blow right through them every time.
DonM
3/4/2018 8:00am
yz133rider wrote:

Not one thing?
DonM wrote:
Nope not a thing...this shit is dangerous...everything that happened was the riders mistakes, except Baggett his was mechanical... One thing...I would get rid of the triple...

yz133rider wrote:
I'm heartbroken that you are disappointed in me....whatever is done will not stop these kids from making stupid mistakes...if you move the tuff blocks out 6 inches they will move their line out 6 inches...and don't forget for all the crashes that involve tuff blocks more of them have saved riders than hurt them...it's not like they didn't know that outside line was riskier but they CHOSE to take it anyways...now if you'll excuse me for another hour while I dissect the safety issues of MXGP tracks....
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
3/4/2018 8:02am
The tough blocks weren’t moving. The riders chose to decrease their margin of error by riding right next to them. That was their choice and when they drifted too far out they paid the price. Those were rider mistakes, blaming the track for those crashes is ridiculous.
Johnny Ringo
3/4/2018 8:09am
Something needs to change, not sure what.

People used to say working in mines were just inherently dangerous, and if you didn’t want to die dont go to work in them...but now not a whole lot of people die in mines due to safety advances.

I don’t know what the solution is, people get hurt outdoors, on small bore bikes, with chest protection and neck braces, etc. But something needs to happen.

It would be better for a group within the industry to come up with a solution vs government intervention

My two cents
Johnny Depp
3/4/2018 8:14am
731chopper wrote:
The tough blocks weren’t moving. The riders chose to decrease their margin of error by riding right next to them. That was their choice and when...
The tough blocks weren’t moving. The riders chose to decrease their margin of error by riding right next to them. That was their choice and when they drifted too far out they paid the price. Those were rider mistakes, blaming the track for those crashes is ridiculous.
Miss by a 1/2 inch and have a tuffblock end your career seems a bit too harsh for a mistake.

Endurocross tracks line the track with trees or light poles and there's no head on's, no bikes snagged, no cutting the course, and no advertising. Just put the damn things out of the way somewhere else, they seem to be fine on the outside of berms.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
3/4/2018 8:38am
731chopper wrote:
The tough blocks weren’t moving. The riders chose to decrease their margin of error by riding right next to them. That was their choice and when...
Miss by a 1/2 inch and have a tuffblock end your career seems a bit too harsh for a mistake. Endurocross tracks line the track with...
Miss by a 1/2 inch and have a tuffblock end your career seems a bit too harsh for a mistake.

Endurocross tracks line the track with trees or light poles and there's no head on's, no bikes snagged, no cutting the course, and no advertising. Just put the damn things out of the way somewhere else, they seem to be fine on the outside of berms.
Riders need to show more respect to the track markers. This isn’t endurocross.
3/4/2018 8:42am
731chopper wrote:
Miss by a 1/2 inch and have a tuffblock end your career seems a bit too harsh for a mistake. Endurocross tracks line the track with...

Isn't there an enduro forum somewhere?
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
3/4/2018 8:42am
Something needs to change, not sure what. People used to say working in mines were just inherently dangerous, and if you didn’t want to die dont...
Something needs to change, not sure what.

People used to say working in mines were just inherently dangerous, and if you didn’t want to die dont go to work in them...but now not a whole lot of people die in mines due to safety advances.

I don’t know what the solution is, people get hurt outdoors, on small bore bikes, with chest protection and neck braces, etc. But something needs to happen.

It would be better for a group within the industry to come up with a solution vs government intervention

My two cents
I agree that something needs to be done to make the sport safer and this isn’t anything new. They need to slow the bikes down and make them lighter. Decreasing displacement seems to be the easiest way to do that. Arenacross has always been full of carnage which is exciting but the injuries seem to be less severe typically. I think this is because of the slower speeds.
Johnny Depp
3/4/2018 8:44am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 8:46am
731chopper wrote:

731chopper wrote:
Riders need to show more respect to the track markers. This isn’t endurocross.
I bet you would never go to a local track that was so hazardous. It's OK to poach a good idea that is already proven. The water filled barriers would be even better since they are higher and provide advertising space, but that is quite complex.
Dirt222
3/4/2018 8:49am
Bob Hannah has it wright. 450s and supercross is a bad thing.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
3/4/2018 8:55am
I bet you would never go to a local track that was so hazardous. It's OK to poach a good idea that is already proven. The...
I bet you would never go to a local track that was so hazardous. It's OK to poach a good idea that is already proven. The water filled barriers would be even better since they are higher and provide advertising space, but that is quite complex.
I’ve ridden arenacross tracks with tough blocks and never clipped one. I don’t see how you can argue a stationary foam block as being dangerous. If they are moved during the race then that is a different story.
Johnny Ringo
3/4/2018 8:59am
731chopper wrote:
I agree that something needs to be done to make the sport safer and this isn’t anything new. They need to slow the bikes down and...
I agree that something needs to be done to make the sport safer and this isn’t anything new. They need to slow the bikes down and make them lighter. Decreasing displacement seems to be the easiest way to do that. Arenacross has always been full of carnage which is exciting but the injuries seem to be less severe typically. I think this is because of the slower speeds.
Dudes get hurt in the 250 class too. I don’t think making the bikes slower is the only answer
3/4/2018 9:00am
If you allow the riders an opportunity to hurt themselves, they will. When you have a bunch of guys willing to lay it on the line, it's inevitable.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 9:03am
I understand its dangerous all im saying is there are things to do to make it less dangerous.
Johnny Depp
3/4/2018 9:07am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:08am
I bet you would never go to a local track that was so hazardous. It's OK to poach a good idea that is already proven. The...
731chopper wrote:
I’ve ridden arenacross tracks with tough blocks and never clipped one. I don’t see how you can argue a stationary foam block as being dangerous. If...
I’ve ridden arenacross tracks with tough blocks and never clipped one. I don’t see how you can argue a stationary foam block as being dangerous. If they are moved during the race then that is a different story.
Tuffblocks moving is one problem. It makes the sport look ridiculous when the track lining gets knock all over the race course consistently.

The danger problem is what we just saw, the most obvious takeaway from Atlanta is that tough blocks grab a footpeg like velcro, there is no sliding, just instant catastrophic unintended consequences.

At 1st you can doubt it, and you can keep blaming riders too. But we have a repetitive situation which now is becoming negligent. The obstacle is being introduced into the equation by the track promoter. When you have a known issue, and continue to allow it to persist without a reasonable attempt to mitigate it, you are wide open for a lawsuit. The 1st person to die's family will do well in court. Do we need to get to that point? These very threads we have here are evidence that people are well aware of the problem.
NorCal 50+
3/4/2018 9:14am
I wonder how Trey's rider safety organization is doing?

I don't know if it's connected, but my 3-year-old is bananas over moto, and last night about halfway through the main she covered her eyes and said "I don't like bikes, they hurt."
I said "sometimes they do, honey."
Johnny Depp
3/4/2018 9:25am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:26am
OK, I've got a temporary fix. $5.95 plastic footpeg sliders covering the teeth on the end of the footpeg. Or grind them off. No snag. A little piece of plastic saves the day again!

Johnny Depp, providing solutions to SX's problems Smile

Post a reply to: Most wrecks and crashes in one race?

The Latest