Most talented Supercross team.

McG194
I'll get hammered for this but in my opinion the most talented team is the MotoConcepts team. They may or may not win a single main event (but I think the 27 will) next season but the talent that Mookie and Josh Hill possess is absolutely next level.

Malcolm is in the debate of possibly the fastest man in the world through a set of whoops. He also just may be the most creative guy out there as well just like big brother. It's Stewable 2.0?

Even Chad Reed would say that at the test track him and Weston would be putting laps down and were sure they were getting all the track had in it and Hill would come in cold and drop 2 seconds a lap off their best times. Who knows if Tony can translate his raw talent into wins. If Hill was a football player he'd be what's known as a coach killer. Tantalizing talent that makes a coach take a chance on him thinking he can finally be the one to get it out of him, fail and end up getting fired.

Vince is a solid guy but in terms of talent isn't even in the discussion with those two.

The only competition for raw talent would be either Kawasaki or KTM.

Kawasaki with two reigning champs is in the discussion but I never really think of Eli as a supremely talented guy, he gets by more with will and a willingness to hang it out and being a hard worker. In my opinion he is in the Stanton mold. No one ever accused him of being the most talented but 6 time was a bad man.

KTM has the reigning SX champ and quite possibly the smoothest rider out there with Marvin. With that said Cooper is the champ and just may repeat but he has enough holes in his game to not be considered on talent alone. Hell his body alone makes whoops an Achilles heel.

*****NOTE: Saying they are talented doesn't even mean they will win a race. To say Hill is mercurial is an understatement. He is as likely to rip off 4 wins in a row as he is to bring back Crazy Tony. Either way it will be fun.

|
kawboy627
12/3/2019 9:11pm
Damn there have been some stupid ass posts today
zehn
12/3/2019 9:22pm
You’re not supposed to drink the bong water
9bro9
12/3/2019 9:26pm
Josh Hill on MCR?

Stewable 2.0?

Wot In Tarnation !?

9bro9
12/3/2019 9:28pm
zehn wrote:
You’re not supposed to drink the bong water
I heard it makes you hallucinate

The Shop

gnarwhip
12/3/2019 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2019 9:52pm
I just took the 3 seconds out of my day to log in and give you a thumbs down.
brimx153
12/3/2019 10:03pm
McG194 wrote:
I'll get hammered for this but in my opinion the most talented team is the MotoConcepts team. They may or may not win a single main...
I'll get hammered for this but in my opinion the most talented team is the MotoConcepts team. They may or may not win a single main event (but I think the 27 will) next season but the talent that Mookie and Josh Hill possess is absolutely next level.

Malcolm is in the debate of possibly the fastest man in the world through a set of whoops. He also just may be the most creative guy out there as well just like big brother. It's Stewable 2.0?

Even Chad Reed would say that at the test track him and Weston would be putting laps down and were sure they were getting all the track had in it and Hill would come in cold and drop 2 seconds a lap off their best times. Who knows if Tony can translate his raw talent into wins. If Hill was a football player he'd be what's known as a coach killer. Tantalizing talent that makes a coach take a chance on him thinking he can finally be the one to get it out of him, fail and end up getting fired.

Vince is a solid guy but in terms of talent isn't even in the discussion with those two.

The only competition for raw talent would be either Kawasaki or KTM.

Kawasaki with two reigning champs is in the discussion but I never really think of Eli as a supremely talented guy, he gets by more with will and a willingness to hang it out and being a hard worker. In my opinion he is in the Stanton mold. No one ever accused him of being the most talented but 6 time was a bad man.

KTM has the reigning SX champ and quite possibly the smoothest rider out there with Marvin. With that said Cooper is the champ and just may repeat but he has enough holes in his game to not be considered on talent alone. Hell his body alone makes whoops an Achilles heel.

*****NOTE: Saying they are talented doesn't even mean they will win a race. To say Hill is mercurial is an understatement. He is as likely to rip off 4 wins in a row as he is to bring back Crazy Tony. Either way it will be fun.

You dont think eli is super talented . Like how much more of a stupid thing could you say . Eli from time to time does stuff that no active rider can do . !! Id call that super talented. Go look at Dayton where he wheeled the whoops . Or glenn helen when he won by a minute and that turn on the hill where he was pre jumping and turning in the air ,which no one else was doing , i could go on and on and on . Tomac is wayyyyyyyyy more talented than Hill and Mookie ,.
12/4/2019 2:48am
Ok I’ll bite..
I see what you are saying so here is my .02
Mookie: I don’t think he is super naturally talented, I think he has worked very hard to get to the level he is at, you can see he needs to train hard to keep his weight down and he is in great shape lately.

Hill: (Justin I’m assuming) All the natural talent in the world, probably the most since James.. hopefully he puts in the work too..

Freise: the dude is just a grinder, works hard and is constantly improving, the opposite of natural talent.
kb228
12/4/2019 3:57am
Most talented is pro circuit. Theyve dominated and race what they make.
McG194
12/4/2019 4:48am
9bro9 wrote:
Josh Hill on MCR?

Stewable 2.0?

Wot In Tarnation !?

Obviously I meant Justin. I was watching an interview with Josh which made me think of him. Derrrrrrrrrr I'm an idiot for that one but my points are still valid.
McG194
12/4/2019 4:56am
brimx153 wrote:
You dont think eli is super talented . Like how much more of a stupid thing could you say . Eli from time to time does...
You dont think eli is super talented . Like how much more of a stupid thing could you say . Eli from time to time does stuff that no active rider can do . !! Id call that super talented. Go look at Dayton where he wheeled the whoops . Or glenn helen when he won by a minute and that turn on the hill where he was pre jumping and turning in the air ,which no one else was doing , i could go on and on and on . Tomac is wayyyyyyyyy more talented than Hill and Mookie ,.
Sorry, I just don't see Eli doing the stuff that I consider what a naturally talented guy does all the time. You watch Marv and he is so smooth and flowy but Eli just hammers down A great racer mind you I just don't think he is near the talent that Justin Hill is. I made the comparison to football earlier and I used to have a coach that told me "Talent and potential means you haven't done shit."

Stanton, one of the greatest champs ever not the most talented guy. Grinder who wouldn't accept getting beat. RC, you could argue got to be the GOAT by busting ass not by being naturally fluid and talented. Then again the history of moto is littered with talented guys that underachieved. Unless he makes a big change Hill will become one of those guys.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/4/2019 5:39am
Man I'd love to have as little talent as that 3-peat ET guy
McG194
12/4/2019 5:51am
crusty_xx wrote:
You are confusing talent with hard work, determination, and effort.
McG194
12/4/2019 5:55am
1999 Team Honda 250sx. Lusk, Windham, Pichon and Larocco
I was referring to current 450 teams but if we wanted to include 250 the current GIECO team would be in the discussion.
kb228
12/4/2019 6:05am
crusty_xx wrote:
McG194 wrote:
At elis level you need talent AND hard work. If youre winning titles you have more talent and work harder than everyone else. RV said in an interview he could have just raced and got a top 5 but needed the hard work that aldon made him do to win titles.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
12/4/2019 6:11am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2019 6:12am
Let's see... You have $10,000 to bet on an SX team for highest finish in 2020. Are you betting Mookie and Hill or ET3 and AC9 or CW2 and Mooscan? Do you see where I am going with this???

I might bet JA21 and ZO16...
McG194
12/4/2019 6:14am
Ok I’ll bite.. I see what you are saying so here is my .02 Mookie: I don’t think he is super naturally talented, I think he...
Ok I’ll bite..
I see what you are saying so here is my .02
Mookie: I don’t think he is super naturally talented, I think he has worked very hard to get to the level he is at, you can see he needs to train hard to keep his weight down and he is in great shape lately.

Hill: (Justin I’m assuming) All the natural talent in the world, probably the most since James.. hopefully he puts in the work too..

Freise: the dude is just a grinder, works hard and is constantly improving, the opposite of natural talent.
100% agree with you on Vince, that guy has made a helluva a career out of the talent that he has. Grinder to the bone, total respect for him.

As far as Mookie, what I say is natural talent could be considered vision. He seems to see the track in 4D while others are seeing it in 3D. To me he seems like the kind of guy that could pick up any sport and be really good at it right away.

When I'm talking talented I'm thinking of a guy like Marty Tripes. Guy was never as fit as the rest but when he wanted it he could embarrass anyone on the track.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/4/2019 6:15am
crusty_xx wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Ok Huh
McG194
12/4/2019 6:19am
Press516 wrote:
Let's see... You have $10,000 to bet on an SX team for highest finish in 2020. Are you betting Mookie and Hill or ET3 and AC9...
Let's see... You have $10,000 to bet on an SX team for highest finish in 2020. Are you betting Mookie and Hill or ET3 and AC9 or CW2 and Mooscan? Do you see where I am going with this???

I might bet JA21 and ZO16...
Did you read my original post? I stated off the bat that Mookie and Hill may not win a race. I would give Mookie the better chance. ET3 and AC will win multiple races.

Sometimes talent is a gift, sometimes it's a curse. I guess I came to the wrong place for a philosophical discussion.
pops
12/4/2019 6:51am
Nah, you’re just wrong 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
fanger
12/4/2019 1:19pm
Tomac and hill are probably equally “talented” the reason tomac is so much better is effort and a willingness to push the envelope.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
12/4/2019 1:35pm
Man, tough crowd today. I understood what he was going for. Motoconcepts has a super talented team that won't always put it together for whatever reason, like Windham/Pourcel/Jlaw. Even with Malcolm and Justin's potential ceiling... kinda hard to argue against Eli and Adam (Michael?!?!)
zippytech
12/4/2019 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2019 1:54pm
One thing about it we are about to find out who has all the talent this year every soon.

Has there ever been a champion that did not have much talent?
Jardo
Fantasy
2080th
12/4/2019 2:28pm
Although, I believe you are wrong. I must admit that I had a similar thought process about Mookie and Justin Hill. They may not be the absolute most talented but they are DEFINITELY the most underrated team.
FuzzyLogic
12/4/2019 2:38pm
WCRider wrote:
ET3-AC9
McG194 wrote:
Ok Dylan..
This is not a crazy green tinted glasses take. What other twosome from any team would you put up against these 2 to have better combined end of the season standings? There are definitely formidable teams out there, but lets not act like this is an insane take. Marv / Coop may be able to best these two..but i wouldn't feel confident in many others.

Post a reply to: Most talented Supercross team.

The Latest