Most exciting race ever

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2018 6:35 PM

Since we didnt have any SX to watch this week, which race have you had the most fun watching as a spectator live, on TV or in person.

While I am well aware there are some better battle (I.E. reed/stewart etc. ) mine would have to be the 2016 Charlotte MXGP of America.watching webb, fornker, and herlings in that second 250 moto has me on the edge of my seat.

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

4/2/2018 7:01 PM

Mammoth in the 70s. Could get right next to the track. Being in that high country with your favorite sport - in its hey day - was just special.

|

4/2/2018 7:05 PM

This was a great race. I was supposed to go but decided not to the day before. There was a tropical storm that was headed through that area the day of the race but it ended up not affecting the race. Ended up watching it online. Still kicking myself for not making the drive.

|

4/2/2018 7:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2018 7:14 PM

Scull79 wrote:

This was a great race. I was supposed to go but decided not to the day before. There was a tropical storm that was headed through that area the day of the race but it ended up not affecting the race. Ended up watching it online. Still kicking myself for not making the drive.

I was supposed to go aswell, but snapped my right ankle two weeks prior. I will forever regret missing that race.

Another one of my favorite racer was the 40+ loretta's class a few years ago when the champ came back after being cleaned out by 2nd in points early in the morning. Can't remember the name, anyone remember? pretty sure he was on a honda?

EDIT: Terry Bostard 45+ 2016?

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

4/2/2018 7:13 PM

The last one!

|

4/2/2018 7:39 PM

Hard to say what the most exciting race ever is, but I found myself on the edge of my seat with this one. Most have probably forgotten about it since it was a 250 race.

|

4/2/2018 7:59 PM

greenmx5 wrote:

Hard to say what the most exciting race ever is, but I found myself on the edge of my seat with this one. Most have probably forgotten about it since it was a 250 race.

Unfortunately in 2008 My life consisted of bass fishing and World of Warcraft, so that was my first time watching that. HOLY SMOKES going into it I thought J-law was gonna come from behind. Weimer muscled a win out!

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

4/2/2018 8:08 PM

The best Supercross battle I saw live was Anaheim 1986 with Bailey and RJ.

|

4/2/2018 8:10 PM

Anaheim 86 Supercross David Bailey and Rick Johnson battle for the lead, called by Larry Huffman........just a classic!

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

4/2/2018 8:40 PM

I was at the Anaheim SX in 86 and that was great...but it was SX. I’m going with the massacre at Saddleback between Hannah/Howerton.

|

4/2/2018 8:44 PM

robkinuk wrote:

Anaheim 86 Supercross David Bailey and Rick Johnson battle for the lead, called by Larry Huffman........just a classic!

I saw it on TV as the first SX race I had ever seen. Awesome race!

|

4/2/2018 8:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2018 8:48 PM

KennyT wrote:

I was at the Anaheim SX in 86 and that was great...but it was SX. I’m going with the massacre at Saddleback between Hannah/Howerton.

That was a great race too. The battle overall didnt last that long, but they went at each other when they were close

|

4/2/2018 8:56 PM

Salt Lake City last year was pretty exciting. I still watch that one on the regular. Also can’t forget about Jacksonville 2009. Epic race

|

4/2/2018 8:56 PM

The 1979 Unadilla 250 GP was the best race I ever saw in person, Hannah and Howerton were unreal that day, If I remember right Howerton won that day, I think it was a time difference between them not finishing position that decided the race, I remember Kent's mechanic Greg Arnett putting "Go Crazy" on his pit board on the last lap and Kent did go crazy, he was doing crossed up wheelies coming out of a few corners. It was a day i'll never forget.

|

My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/thomasef

4/2/2018 9:36 PM

Watching Marty Moates become the first American to win the Carlsbad GP.

|

4/2/2018 10:36 PM

Going off board here.

Rossi vs Lorenzo. Catyluna 2009. You can’t watch the last 3 laps without your heart pounding. The Doctor against the guy who was, at the time the young usurper. Rossi showed Jorge what it takes to be a champion with 2 of the most incredible moves I’ve ever seen. The first at the end of the straight into turn one, Lorenzo dove down the inside, Rossi just tucked his knee back in and went right back by on the brakes, on the outside. The second move you guys should see for yourselves. Absolutely stunning piece of riding.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2003 KTM 125SX
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

4/2/2018 10:52 PM

I could watch 2001 San Diego over and over again and never get tired of it.

Same with 2003 Dallas.

2003 MXoN.

2005 Pontiac was great as well.

2006 High Point.

2006 Unadilla 250s.

2007 Budds Creek.

2009 Thunder Valley 250s.

|

4/2/2018 11:21 PM

?t=36m27s
|

James

4/2/2018 11:54 PM

Seattle SX 1999. It was an awesome race to see in person if you're a local. Wish I could find video of it...

|

4/3/2018 12:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2018 12:18 AM

Steiny wrote:

The best Supercross battle I saw live was Anaheim 1986 with Bailey and RJ.

That race instantly came to mind when I read the title of this post! I was 15 and the first SX I went to courtesy of my cousin taking me.

|

4/3/2018 12:04 AM

E/W Shootout between Roncada and Bubba was exciting. The most exciting ever? No, but worth being put on the list of exciting races.

|

4/3/2018 12:19 AM

Most exciting race: Washougal 1981, Chuck Sun and Broc Glover, ending with Chuck skyshotting off the last jump. Being there to see it makes it the most exciting for me. Most excited to be at a race: 1975 USGP, Carlsbad. It was between High Skool graduation and USMC boot camp for me.

|

4/3/2018 6:19 AM

Atlanta 1990 5 different leaders every time someone got the lead it looked like a lock, then another rider would work his way to the front..... Ward, Bradshaw, Dubach, Cooper, and Stanton I believe were the leaders with Ward finally taking the win.

|

Halfast816 wrote: My business would make me millions if I could figure out a way to buy a lot of people for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth.......

4/3/2018 6:26 AM

St louis 06 or 07. When Chad took out James first lap, Ricky killed everyone but James came from last to pass Chad with a lap or teo left it was amazing to watch in person. RV and Ben Townley battling at Millville that one year was bad ass als.

|

Vital news is 100% true 30% of the time.

4/3/2018 6:26 AM

I have a short memory
Las Vegas 2017

|

4/3/2018 6:27 AM

Hands-down my favorite. When RC hit the deck, every other rider told themselves "I have a chance!". The resulting no-holds-barred approach by DV, Ernie, Timmy, Ezra, Nate-Dawg, and of course Ricky was epic.

|

"You can't resist the louder pull..."

4/3/2018 7:32 AM

dimetime wrote:

Watching Marty Moates become the first American to win the Carlsbad GP.

I agree with dimetime. I was there at Carlsbad and watched what Marty Moates did that day. Everybody waving those little American flags and screaming in the hot California sun. Best moto day of my life. I still think about that day often. I still have the American flag a plastic Bel-Rey course marker, event program and ticket. Cherished items.....38 years ago and feels like it yesterday.

|

4/3/2018 7:45 AM

I was always a huge McGrath fan and i was at The St Louis Supercross in 97. Emig took away his perfect season in 96 and MC only won 2 races on that Suzuki in 97. He won pretty easily that night in the Trans World Dome. IT was exciting for me to see live and to see how pumped MC was to win.

|

4/3/2018 7:46 AM

LoudLove wrote:

Hands-down my favorite. When RC hit the deck, every other rider told themselves "I have a chance!". The resulting no-holds-barred approach by DV, Ernie, Timmy, Ezra, Nate-Dawg, and of course Ricky was epic.

This was one of my favorites to watch on TV. Cant imagine being there in person. IT was a wild night with so many leaders.

|

4/3/2018 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2018 12:43 PM

05 TO. JS7 falls in first turn, I am excited cause I know what is coming, a fire breathing Kawasaki with stretched throttle cables.
About 3 laps from the end, James catches RC and they battle it out and my mind is blowing.

Made the 2000 mile drive through storms worth it. (only fun thing about winter, winter driving).

I think it was the last rental car ever rented in my city with “unlimited mileage”.

Funny story. 3 of us. I sit in the wrong section to watch qualifying and buddy sits beside me.
I get up to get Brittany’s autograph, who did I run into for a minute, Mr. Teefus! Cool RIP
Meet up with other buddy and look over at buddy that was sitting down. Seems to be a ruckus of some sort
where he is, but we are pretty far away. He is saving our seats, the wrong seats. Oops.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s