Most dangerous Mx Park...

Motodave
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:57pm
I was wondering what local practice track do you think is the most dangerous...My vote goes to lake elsinore's main track... 110ft step up seems do or die... but heres a picture of the rest of the track..
|
drmarkr
10/18/2008 5:45pm
Glen Helen?? Based on what? Lack of flaggers maybe, but their layouts always seem pretty benign when I've been there....

MR
Slow ~ Pro
10/18/2008 6:06pm
The two mentioned have more practice riders than any as well. I've only ridden Elsinore twice since the day it opened. It's to far from real Motocross, to actually be called a motocross track, in my opinion.

Again though, I say don't blame the track, blame the person on the bike...
When you push beyond your limit, (as we all do), you are bound to get hurt.

It's Motocross...We know it's dangerous, and have to deal with it, or stop riding.
I choose to deal with it...and have for many years.
fcr
10/18/2008 6:13pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2008 6:15pm
My sons friend just crashed at Perris yesterday in the whoops, thought he only had a concussion. Went to a Doc today, he broke his neck. Luckily he only needs a neck collar. I am not saying Perris is dangerous, I told them it was too jumpy for them. As Slo-Pro said it is the person not the track.

The Shop

Camp332
10/18/2008 6:19pm
That place does look like a supercross track. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I would probably pick a place that was more motocross oriented.
10/18/2008 6:54pm
Motodave wrote:
I was wondering what local practice track do you think is the most dangerous...My vote goes to lake elsinore's main track... 110ft step up seems do...
I was wondering what local practice track do you think is the most dangerous...My vote goes to lake elsinore's main track... 110ft step up seems do or die... but heres a picture of the rest of the track..
I've never riden there but looking at the pic I've seen allot worse. The jumps look safe. There just big. *******News Flash******** Big jumps are in. LOL
fcr
10/18/2008 6:56pm
Thats not the jump.
10/18/2008 7:05pm
fcr wrote:
Thats not the jump.
I realize the big one wasn't in the pic. If I didn't know about it I would have said that track looked kinda backyardish.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
10/18/2008 7:16pm
Complaining about Motocross tracks? Moto has become lame, Non Moto has jumped the shark the dungeon has become vacant, maybe I hit a notch in life but this place has edged into pussyville. Remember when danger was what you wanted? It was asked for and provided. Now people are complaining.

Motocross has always been a sport of gladiators. Strong individuals. More pissing and whining here then I can tolerate. I will be back after the cotton cork gets pulled out for the month.

This isn't even humorous. Its really sad if you want to know. Thank goodness I dont have children to see this.
calimxer91
10/18/2008 7:20pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Starwest...
Ya shoulder came right out of the socket last time i was there Holy crap that hurt.
10/18/2008 7:21pm
Tiki wrote:
Complaining about Motocross tracks? Moto has become lame, Non Moto has jumped the shark the dungeon has become vacant, maybe I hit a notch in life...
Complaining about Motocross tracks? Moto has become lame, Non Moto has jumped the shark the dungeon has become vacant, maybe I hit a notch in life but this place has edged into pussyville. Remember when danger was what you wanted? It was asked for and provided. Now people are complaining.

Motocross has always been a sport of gladiators. Strong individuals. More pissing and whining here then I can tolerate. I will be back after the cotton cork gets pulled out for the month.

This isn't even humorous. Its really sad if you want to know. Thank goodness I dont have children to see this.
This is what hapens when the sport grows. Instead of a sport of men you get some men and acouple of wanabeeees. The men nut up. The wanabeees ask for track changes. I bet they don't practice in the rain either!
newmann
10/18/2008 7:26pm
Why does any local track have gaps? Fill them all in so the different skill level of riders can single, double, triple or quad them. They can still have definition, just not the do or die gaps. Tracks can still be safe while being challenging. Wouldn't call it whining Tiki, just a lot of people fed up with no place to ride for one reason or another. If it's not the noise or the dust, it's the lawsuits from the injuries. Don't even bring up the "track suing scum" topics, we all know they are out there and they show up at local tracks on a daily basis. Someday, the few remaining tracks might figure it out.
Big Lenny
10/18/2008 7:30pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Starwest...
calimxer91 wrote:
Ya shoulder came right out of the socket last time i was there Holy crap that hurt.
Friend got landed on and wasn't even on the track..
fcr
10/18/2008 7:30pm
fcr wrote:
Thats not the jump.
835 wrote:
I realize the big one wasn't in the pic. If I didn't know about it I would have said that track looked kinda backyardish.
My only problem with Elsinore is the dirt and the whoops on the big track. That is why I don't ride it. If you drop a front wheel, you are toast. At this time in my life, I don't need that. The dirt is either snot slick and adds 40lbs to your bike or it hardens to cement. It has a window of 20 min max where it is ok after watering. None of the jumps are Dire. Personally I like outdoor MX style.
worm
10/18/2008 7:32pm
I haven't been to Elsinore in a VERY long time. Its not the layout that is dangerous by any means. Its the dirt there that is the biggest problem. Its on the part of the lake that has dried up. Its VERY slick and that cannot be understated. Its either slick as snot or hard as rock.

I don't have a problem with GH or Perris. At Perris you have an EMT on duty and flaggers all over the track. GH doesn't offer either. GH isn't littered with jumps either. The biggest problem there I feel is that they allow Quads, "big bikes" and minis all in the same practice sessions. The track is high speed and things happen quickly. The best day to ride GH is on Sat. when REM is racing. They have an ambulance on site for the race, and will come to the main track if needed. They also don't have any flaggers for practice.
calimxer91
10/18/2008 7:36pm
I see a problem with blind jumps where theres no flaggers. I know u cant have em on every jump but it seems like thats where most of the shit happens.
10/18/2008 7:38pm
newmann wrote:
Why does any local track have gaps? Fill them all in so the different skill level of riders can single, double, triple or quad them. They...
Why does any local track have gaps? Fill them all in so the different skill level of riders can single, double, triple or quad them. They can still have definition, just not the do or die gaps. Tracks can still be safe while being challenging. Wouldn't call it whining Tiki, just a lot of people fed up with no place to ride for one reason or another. If it's not the noise or the dust, it's the lawsuits from the injuries. Don't even bring up the "track suing scum" topics, we all know they are out there and they show up at local tracks on a daily basis. Someday, the few remaining tracks might figure it out.
Did you look at the pic. That track looks like they have taken all the safety precautions that they could with out making it into a rolling endoro track. All the landings are long and safe. The tripple is almost not a tripple at all. The whoops are all facing into the a safe direction. What else do you want? This sport isnt safe. Go race harescrambles if you don't like the thrill of death. We are thrill junkies. I'd do something else if I didn't get a good thrill out of riding the piss out of a bike. Any bike. The 4 bangers take some of the thrill out of it but you just gota twist it harder.
Digger437
10/18/2008 7:46pm
Tiki,

This riding story should cheer you up. Today my buddy and his son meet my son, daughter and myself out at my track as usual to ride for the day. However, when he gets there, he says, hey look at this. Being real mxers we are not scared to look.

He pulls his pants down and says, yesterday I was cutting wood, got caught up in some branches and fell down on the chain saw. Drove myself to the ER, and told the doc to stitch it up tight because he was riding today. Tiki, I shit you not, he fricking landed on his chain saw with his knee, cut through his pants and cut him about 4" gap but not the bone. (very lucky) across the top of his knee.

He says, Cool eh?? Lets ride!

Gotta love it.
Lightning78
10/18/2008 7:47pm
Hey when I first moved down to Socal that was the only place I rode (Lake Elsinore) for years and I can assure you it's HUGE some of the jumps you can see from the 15 that place is not a mx track by any means it's a mx "park" there is a parking lot scene or place to be seen and the majority of riders that go there do not jum 90% of the jumps or just ride the vet track it is gnarly and slippery as hell after watering and never ruts up there are many better places to ride here.........that place has always been dangerous and if YOU decide to hop on that track ...like the waiver says "you ride at your own risk" meaning you choose to go out there based on your skill level and ultimately if you decide to go big the aftermath lies in your hands not the track ..stop being sue happy pu$$ies!
fcr
10/18/2008 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2008 8:00pm
That pick doesn't look like the big track to me. I haven't been in a year. It looks like one of the quad tracks. The main track is not for many. Like I said the whoops have to be skimmed or you are toast. Is it dangerous.... only if you are not up to it. I like the Intermediate track my self. It is just enough for my 53 year old body. The vet track doesn't have rythymn(sic). It is always set up strange.
10/18/2008 7:59pm
Motodave wrote:
I was wondering what local practice track do you think is the most dangerous...My vote goes to lake elsinore's main track... 110ft step up seems do...
They are all dangerous, nimrod. If you are out riding a bike on dirt, taking jumps, and going fast then you are riding on a dangerous track. You can get seriously hurt on the easiest of tracks and never fall on the hardest of tracks. I am not impressed with the single IQ posts that these boards have displayed lately.
andymoto
10/18/2008 8:03pm
Tiki wrote:
Complaining about Motocross tracks? Moto has become lame, Non Moto has jumped the shark the dungeon has become vacant, maybe I hit a notch in life...

Good post Tiki.

Couldn't agree with ya more.

10/18/2008 8:05pm
Tiki wrote:

Amen!
calimxer91
10/18/2008 8:05pm
No really I DIDNT KNOW THAT! Oh my god that was prob a double digit I Q post!
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
10/18/2008 10:44pm
hardrock mx park.... should be called streetcross
Yes, there main track is killer when its dry, and its always dry. But love Hardrosk because they have like what 7 tracks now?
Big Lenny
10/18/2008 11:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2008 11:22pm
Tiki wrote:

Yeah until that ass is twisted up like a pretzel, and all your family and friends are gone, keep takin' shit for granted..These boards turn out more crybabies than anything else I've seen..
rubarb
10/18/2008 11:40pm
Elsinore is clapped out........besides, its at the bottom of a lake bed.

Its the closest we have, why complain?

Post a reply to: Most dangerous Mx Park...

The Latest