Fantasy
2034th
6/4/2016 1:07am
IceMan446 wrote:
2014 Seattle doesn't ring a bell???

Zracer wrote:
Does all of 2016 ring a bell?
IceMan446 wrote:
The talent is still there, the speed is not.

This is a thread about the most talented, not the fastest or most races completed.

Exactly. How can you go from one of the most talented to you lost your talent? So if he was, then he still is.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/4/2016 1:13am
hartebreak wrote:
R. Reynard by a long shot. 2nd on the list would have to be Stew
I like RR as much as the next guy. He is worthy to be mentioned as one of the most talented riders. But , by a long shot, no.
Osaka627
6/4/2016 1:43am
Brandon Layton - GOAT Supermini I've Ever Seen Ride A Motorcycle Period. WA States Favorite Son. BL > RV > JH.
James Stewart - FMOTP. Changed The Discipline Of MX Forever And Could Fill Your Local Library With HL Clips Alone.
JMB - Christophe Who? There Can Only Be One & JMB Was Able To Take His Talents To An Entirely Different Sport.
Travis Pastrana - Check Every Single Box Travis Just Might Be A World Record Holder For Setting World Records Itself.
Damon Bradshaw - Raw Speed Check. Natural Ability Check. Ability To Leave You Speechless Check.
David Bailey - Style Check. Text Book Form Check. Natural Ability Check.

The Shop

burnside
6/4/2016 3:49am
Some people argue (Conor McGregor is one of them) that there is no such thing as " NATURAL TALENT".
And that its all just hard work and repetition that builds greatness.

Whats your guys thoughts on that?
Zracer
6/4/2016 3:58am
burnside wrote:
Some people argue (Conor McGregor is one of them) that there is no such thing as [i]" NATURAL TALENT"[/i]. And that its all just hard work...
Some people argue (Conor McGregor is one of them) that there is no such thing as " NATURAL TALENT".

A lifetime of reps wont propel someone to be among the best in the world without talent.... in any profession.
6/4/2016 4:01am
Josh Hansen, and it's not even close. If he would just put at least 20-30% effort into his training and testing like Roczen does, he would win everything. 10 % effort just doesn't cut it these days.
The Rock
6/4/2016 4:08am
Josh Hansen, and it's not even close. If he would just put at least 20-30% effort into his training and testing like Roczen does, he would...
Josh Hansen, and it's not even close. If he would just put at least 20-30% effort into his training and testing like Roczen does, he would win everything. 10 % effort just doesn't cut it these days.
If?

If my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle.
6/4/2016 4:11am
Josh Hansen, and it's not even close. If he would just put at least 20-30% effort into his training and testing like Roczen does, he would...
The Rock wrote:
If?

The question was most talented rider, not most successful. Go be an a-hole somewhere else. Smile
burnside
6/4/2016 4:13am
burnside wrote:
Some people argue (Conor McGregor is one of them) that there is no such thing as [i]" NATURAL TALENT"[/i]. And that its all just hard work...

Zracer wrote:
A lifetime of reps wont propel someone to be among the best in the world without talent.... in any profession.
I think its an interesting concept to explore.

So what does propel you to the top of a sport if its not hard work?

You're not born a World Champion out of the womb.
6/4/2016 4:17am
burnside wrote:
I think its an interesting concept to explore. So what does propel you to the top of a sport if its not hard work? You're not...

It definitely takes a bit of arbitrary advantage as the "Outliers" book explored. You can't do it alone, and you need a little luck. Neither hard work nor talent will get you there....it's a combination of everything.
burnside
6/4/2016 4:24am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2016 4:27am
It definitely takes a bit of arbitrary advantage as the "Outliers" book explored. You can't do it alone, and you need a little luck. Neither hard...
It definitely takes a bit of arbitrary advantage as the "Outliers" book explored. You can't do it alone, and you need a little luck. Neither hard work nor talent will get you there....it's a combination of everything.
I'll look up that book!

I mean look at Deegan's kid, is that "natural talent" or hard work and hours of repetition on the best facilities a kid could ever have?
John Tomac himself said he could take most kids to Eli's level on a Matthes podcast and there was no mystery to it.

I'd love to hear a shrink go into the mental aspect too.
What exactly made RV mentally stronger than RD?
The Rock
6/4/2016 4:33am
The Rock wrote:
If?

The question was most talented rider, not most successful. Go be an a-hole somewhere else. Smile
Good point. Thank you for calling me on this.

The Rock
6/4/2016 4:37am
burnside wrote:

Absolutely there is no substitution for hard work and dedication but to deny the gift of natural talent is pretty naive. And I am putting it as politely as I can.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/4/2016 4:46am
burnside wrote:

Stupid people have the right to an opinion too.
plowboy
6/4/2016 5:32am
Since this is an "opinion" question here's mine; current American rider...Eli Tomac. Current GP...Herlings. All-time is a tough one but I pick Joel Roberts (Travis a close second)...those two just seemed to believe that if they could "think it" they could do it.
1-forty-8
6/4/2016 5:46am
I think talent is basically just having the right mind set for your chosen interest. Saying one person is more naturally talented than someone else, how do you even measure that.
RMZ#
6/4/2016 5:52am
RCB33 wrote:
Alright, so I've be debating in my head who is most naturally talented rider around right now. All the top guys obviously are really talented but...
Alright, so I've be debating in my head who is most naturally talented rider around right now. All the top guys obviously are really talented but they also work very hard to be talented. Is there anyone who stands out as having an incredible amount of natural talent even in comparison to other top riders? Some names I have tossed around as being maybe the most naturally talented may surprise some of you. I'm thinking possibly Seely, Barcia, or Bogle but I may be totally off base...thoughts?
Bubba 259 is the most talented rider ever.

But in todays world it is Dungey and Kroc because they are doing all the winning.

NotCore
6/4/2016 5:59am
chuckie108 wrote:
Ah come on! Don't spoil it!! Hahaha it was basically polished concrete for crying out loud! Here, how's this one : [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/03/137742/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Ah come on! Don't spoil it!! Hahaha it was basically polished concrete for crying out loud!

Here, how's this one :

Fixed it

NotCore
6/4/2016 6:02am
burnside wrote:

They would be wrong. Conor included.
chuckie108
6/4/2016 6:47am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2016 6:49am
chuckie108 wrote:
Ah come on! Don't spoil it!! Hahaha it was basically polished concrete for crying out loud! Here, how's this one : [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/03/137742/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Ah come on! Don't spoil it!! Hahaha it was basically polished concrete for crying out loud!

Here, how's this one :

NotCore wrote:
Fixed it [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/04/137807/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Fixed it

Jeez oh peet!! What are you guys, Moto CSI or something?
TX_187
6/4/2016 7:18am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2016 7:20am
Currently racing, JS7
Retired, K dub, J Law, Dogger

Edit: I guess Bubba isn't racing...
mx836
6/4/2016 7:47am
Stew, Pourcel, Seely, Grant
Osaka627
6/7/2016 12:02pm
I like this mans thinking. Hanny makes jaws drop with that form, technique, style, and grace of his.

In my Dad's words not mine though is that he's "a mentally weak quitter that will never be a champ"

Well Dad I DGAF because he's the epitome of the perfect rider not necessarily racer.

I loved it in the X-Games when even RC knew it. He picked him for the W every single time he lined up based on talent alone.
Osaka627
6/7/2016 12:09pm
burnside wrote:

Mike Alessi & Zach Osbourne prove that Connor & you are indeed wrong sir.

If Connor took a look over his soldier and saw Vitor Belfort & BJ Penn he may change his tune. But Connor makes the money he does because of his talent for being the most naturally talented shit talker currently in the UFC.

The Phenom Belfort WC at 19
BJ Gumbo Penn first American to win BJJ WC & Multiple Divisional MMA WC
gt80rider
6/7/2016 12:56pm
All time is easy.... tp199 and R. Reynard .... they both could do things on a bike that were impossible, things even legends could simply not do...

Right now is hard... if you consider bubba to still be "racing", then he is it hands down.. otherwise, for a rider that has actually hit most of the races the last couple years I would have to go with cp377...
Zracer
6/7/2016 2:06pm
burnside wrote:
I think its an interesting concept to explore. So what does propel you to the top of a sport if its not hard work? You're not...

Luck , hard work and talent all play a part. I used to race in central Fl. This new kid started racing mini 3 wheelers then switched to a pw 50. I think he was 4 years old. His Mom and my parents were friendly. They didnt know jack about mx, but he had spirit and started to win. Many of the top local riders would hang out to watch this kid race, even on a 50. He would run in on other kids, haul the mail , or have a wild get off. Usually entertaining . When he moved up to the 60 class he stepped it up even more. Had some solid sponsorship and went national. By then, he could hang with most of the 250 A riders ... on a 60. His name was Ricky Carmicheal. He didnt learn how to hate to lose. He didnt learn no fear. He didnt learn how to ride at a school. He was born that way.

This is nature vs nurture. Nurturing can help along a chosen path, but when physical skill is involved, nature trumps it everytime.
tp4
6/7/2016 3:08pm
marty tripes

Post a reply to: Most Naturally Talented Rider?

The Latest