Most Annoying "Motorcross" Sayings...

mx251
12/27/2021 3:26pm
Calling an "engine a motor".

jimmie wrote:
Well to be fair, it is called a motorcycle.🙄

And I am tired of hearing "Send It" as well.
Ya... but then he said he's gonna go buy engine oil for his GMC...

The Shop

SH91
12/27/2021 3:39pm
reded301 wrote:
I can’t thank my sponsors…🤦🏻‍♂️
This is just the same as “I could care less”

So you COULD care less?
Meaning you DO CARE somewhat??
It boils my piss when people say "I could care less" or "I could give a shi*"
mofomotojoe
12/27/2021 3:56pm
It is fine. In the Netherlands, it sounds totally fine, because a " motor" means a motorcycle. So we are crossing with motorcycles.
Essentially we are doing scrambles. but it now sounds like cooking or some rush rush maneuvers.
Am ok with Motorcross. Not with Enginecross.
Or Soupy. Soupy means soup.
We could call it OOMR. Outdoor Offroad motorcycle racing.
And IOMR for indoor.
Sometimes in the 90s the letter X got a boost in marketing. X games, X-cross, X means cross, make it XTREME.

Tomorrow we will be gone and the kids will call it what they want. Am not losing sleep over this.
Spudnut
12/27/2021 5:01pm
Grovesy98 wrote:
We just put our best foot forward If you will I finished P6, no you finished 6th I can't thank my sponsors, really gets me as...
We just put our best foot forward

If you will

I finished P6, no you finished 6th

I can't thank my sponsors, really gets me as said above!

I got the holeshot but ran wide on the first turn, so you didn't get the holeshot then Huh

Or “Finished in the top 6” so you got 6th…..
Dutch348
12/27/2021 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2021 6:59pm
Dutch348 wrote:
When people call Axo “A.X.O.” It’s from the Italian word “asso” which means winner, but they didn’t want to have “ass” on the gear so they...
When people call Axo “A.X.O.” It’s from the Italian word “asso” which means winner, but they didn’t want to have “ass” on the gear so they made it Axo. There’s been several threads on this, but it’s my pet peeve.
Ramrod wrote:
Good comment, this is informative too. 👍

I loved that gear brand in the 90's

You call it "awwk-so" or "ack-so"?
Everyone back in the day called it “axe-oh”. I watch YouTube 90s podium interviews and everyone from MC to RC to Mitch called it axe oh. Only complete tools called it A.X.O. I heard Axo even put out stickers that said “say axe oh “ but I never saw one.
Grouper
12/27/2021 8:17pm
anyone that expresses excitement with "yeeewwwwww"
Moto520
12/27/2021 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2021 8:41pm
Lites instead of 250 class….I hate when people do that
12/28/2021 12:08am
‘Paul’ Webb.
It was never hilarious.
Still isn’t hilarious.
Won’t ever be hilarious.
you’re not clever for using it.
And you’re not ‘in the know’ by knowing it.

Respect the guy and call him by what he wants to be called.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
12/28/2021 1:48am
....and In MotoGp, the one commentator that keeps saying " he's throwing everything at him including the kitchen sink"

BB366
12/28/2021 2:00am
"Errruummm"
STLSharky
12/28/2021 4:08am
I tightened up/rode tight…. just say you got tired🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Tight isn’t tired really
philG
12/28/2021 4:10am
Robgvx wrote:
I’m with you on ‘kit’. You can have *some* new kit, but you can’t have *a* new kit. It would be like having some new gear...
I’m with you on ‘kit’. You can have *some* new kit, but you can’t have *a* new kit.

It would be like having some new gear and saying, ‘I have a new gear’.

Also, referring to ‘championships’ as ‘champs’. As in ‘I’m racing the British champs this weekend’.

And ‘Holie/holy’ for holeshot.

Plus a mention for GOAT. Stupid name, and since time hasn’t finished just yet then whoever is your chosen man crush is/was (in your opinion) only the best that there has been so far. MSTTPIT would make more sense (most successful to this point in time)

‘Winningest’? Where do I start? It isn’t even a word.

‘Stroker’. All internal combustion engines have strokes, so wtf is this all about?

‘4T/2T’. Don’t we speak English here? It should be ‘4S/2S’.

Stupid. All of them. Grow up!
4T/2T comes from the German 'takt' which means 'pulse'.

Hence the term Tachometer , for rev counter.

Winningest.. Just made up.

WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2893rd
12/28/2021 6:18am
Its not really a saying, but I am going with all the initials. AC, RC, RV, RD, SOB, WTF, and the list goes on...
Mxpilot20
Fantasy
2653rd
12/28/2021 6:35am
Doogan551 wrote:
this thread gets me "Super pumped".............
It gets me "Super pumped but not pumped at all"
12/28/2021 6:45am
For 2022 could we PLEASE retire the phrase "Lettin her eat" (or any version thereof)
Also would someone please explain to the makeup to mud girls that "they've been racing Motocross for five years" NOT "i've been motor-crossing for five years"
12/28/2021 9:12am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2021 9:22am
Calling an "engine a motor".

jimmie wrote:
Well to be fair, it is called a motorcycle.🙄

And I am tired of hearing "Send It" as well.
...and motor sports. Maybe when the day comes and all bikes are electric it will be motorcross. Then a vintage event will be run using 2020+ ICE bikes and they will call it engine cross.
feelnjstfine
12/28/2021 9:34am
"Let's gooooo!". It's everywhere and I freaking hate it so much!
Richy
12/28/2021 10:57am
[i]"I got a new kit"[/i] gets honorable mention, and by the amount of folks posting this one, I am not alone. This is probably an old...
"I got a new kit" gets honorable mention, and by the amount of folks posting this one, I am not alone. This is probably an old guy peeve, but gear is gear to me. A kit is something you assemble.

Another that got over-played last year "He just gave him the BUSINESS!"

I realize no matter what our commentators say, they will get ridiculed on vital. LOL I think when a phrase gets abused, it gets old. In RCs shoes, that has to be hard though. You can only come up with so many phrases to express what is happening in a motorcycle race.
Robgvx wrote:
I’m with you on ‘kit’. You can have *some* new kit, but you can’t have *a* new kit. It would be like having some new gear...
I’m with you on ‘kit’. You can have *some* new kit, but you can’t have *a* new kit.

It would be like having some new gear and saying, ‘I have a new gear’.

Also, referring to ‘championships’ as ‘champs’. As in ‘I’m racing the British champs this weekend’.

And ‘Holie/holy’ for holeshot.

Plus a mention for GOAT. Stupid name, and since time hasn’t finished just yet then whoever is your chosen man crush is/was (in your opinion) only the best that there has been so far. MSTTPIT would make more sense (most successful to this point in time)

‘Winningest’? Where do I start? It isn’t even a word.

‘Stroker’. All internal combustion engines have strokes, so wtf is this all about?

‘4T/2T’. Don’t we speak English here? It should be ‘4S/2S’.

Stupid. All of them. Grow up!
I hear you on some of those, but stroker is widely, wiiidely used in basically any sport or area where engine building is involved.

You know what it means and why it's called that, the stroke has been increased over the original stroke, it's fair enough and simple enough imo

Not an argument, each to their own, just saying.
Robgvx
12/28/2021 11:01am
Richy wrote:
I hear you on some of those, but stroker is widely, wiiidely used in basically any sport or area where engine building is involved. You know...
I hear you on some of those, but stroker is widely, wiiidely used in basically any sport or area where engine building is involved.

You know what it means and why it's called that, the stroke has been increased over the original stroke, it's fair enough and simple enough imo

I agree, if 'stroker' is used to mean an engine that has been lengthened in stroke.

I was referring to those who say 'thumper' for four-stroke, and 'stroker' for two-stroke. Both two- and four-strokes have strokes, so it makes no sense to me in that setting.
NATEP231
12/28/2021 11:10am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2021 11:11am
Chocolate cake and people who think a table top is a double
Grovesy98
12/28/2021 11:44am
mxracer618 wrote:
For 2022 could we PLEASE retire the phrase "[i]Lettin her eat[/i]" (or any version thereof) Also would someone please explain to the makeup to mud girls...
For 2022 could we PLEASE retire the phrase "Lettin her eat" (or any version thereof)
Also would someone please explain to the makeup to mud girls that "they've been racing Motocross for five years" NOT "i've been motor-crossing for five years"
I agree, I hate 'Let her eat' or 'Let the big dog eat', sounds ridiculous Laughing
Richy
12/28/2021 12:22pm
Richy wrote:
I hear you on some of those, but stroker is widely, wiiidely used in basically any sport or area where engine building is involved. You know...

Robgvx wrote:
I agree, if 'stroker' is used to mean an engine that has been lengthened in stroke. I was referring to those who say 'thumper' for four-stroke...
I agree, if 'stroker' is used to mean an engine that has been lengthened in stroke.

I was referring to those who say 'thumper' for four-stroke, and 'stroker' for two-stroke. Both two- and four-strokes have strokes, so it makes no sense to me in that setting.
Right there with you on that mate, that sounds so ridiculous I didn't even consider it as an option haha, my mistake

Post a reply to: Most Annoying "Motorcross" Sayings...

The Latest