Mosiman- 2nd moto mechanics?

Hman144
Fantasy
714th
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2022 3:12pm
First off, congrats to Mosiman for the awesome ride in Moto 1. That was great to see and it sent notice that this won't be just the Jett show all year. I hope.

Second, and I'm only going from the short clip shown in the highlights as I was not able to watch the whole show, what the heck were those mechanics doing after his crash?

Looks like there were two guys just sort of milling around while Michael himself tried to straighten the controls on the flight deck as his points and shot for a great overall fall away second by second. Then the one mechanic half-heartedly bumps the brake lever to try and rotate it back to position and when it doesn't move, gives up and offers Michael a bottle of water? What? There must be more to that story.
|
MOTO120
6/5/2022 4:24am
Was thinking the exact same thing. For a Factory level team, that seemed very bizarre...
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
6/5/2022 4:34am
The race was already done and they all knew it
CPR
6/5/2022 4:42am
Yep he’d already lost that much time that he was well out of the points paying positions and the bars were badly bent, no point trying to head back out.
captmoto
6/5/2022 6:27am
Though Broc Glover did mention racing with bent bars, along with Magoo and said something along the lines like after you start focusing it isn't that bad.

The Shop

Nelson
6/5/2022 6:55am
Any footage of the crash? I think he had just gotten passed by Shimoda after the rollers. Seems like some type of massive cartwheel to drive the bars down too. Just me or did they look like they were laid down flat? Thankfully he seemed ok.
DA498
6/5/2022 7:11am
captmoto wrote:
Though Broc Glover did mention racing with bent bars, along with Magoo and said something along the lines like after you start focusing it isn't that...
Though Broc Glover did mention racing with bent bars, along with Magoo and said something along the lines like after you start focusing it isn't that bad.
I guess its not the olden days anymore, but I was thinking with some adjustments of controls he could have circulated for some points at least. They didnt even try it seems. Didnt see the crash so he could have been shaken up. I was bummed for him regardless.
WEAL
6/5/2022 7:18am
Funny that those idiot mechanics never heard of teflon tape under the control clamps. They are always tight enough to ride the bike and still easy enough to return into position after a crash, maybe Mosiman would not have even needed to return to the pits for help - what lousy amateurs.....
cwel11
6/5/2022 8:43am
I thought the “need a water” moment was kind of funny. Like even MM was suprised with his body language. I really wanted to see him crush both motos yesterday. It was a bummer
hubbardmx50
6/5/2022 11:24am
Bike was too jacked up to continue. He could've rode around but probably wouldn't have scored points.
kpiper
6/5/2022 11:30am
Bike was too jacked up to continue. He could've rode around but probably wouldn't have scored points.
He should have kept riding. End of story.

I like MM but he is very similar to RJ.
SouthwestMfg
6/5/2022 12:03pm
Motoman35 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/06/05/553722/s1200_7888F912_B675_4017_B3A2_8C5B074F1883.jpg[/img]

Except . . . that was the qualifying moto at Southwick 82, he didn't make it.
The last chance was not well either, crashed out bad . . . did not make the National.
The next week at High Point Danny went 1-3 for second Smile

I think the tracks / stuff they do no are not even easy on a taco'd bike, way to easy to kill your whole season.
tek14
6/5/2022 12:55pm
Febvre didnt pull to pits.

SlackBoy
6/5/2022 1:02pm
Yeah but it's one thing to bend ya bike up halfway or more thru a moto whilst in a decent position, and keep riding whilst going slowly backwards towards 20th and the last points spot. To bending your stuff up early and being 30-35th....
Racerman967
6/5/2022 4:30pm
Even Broc said once he was in 32nd he wasn’t likely to get back to the points and the risk then isn’t worth it
Money
6/5/2022 5:02pm
Just shows that theres only a few of these guys that will dig deep when times are tough with heart and if they woulda only got a 20th guess what thats great. But to not try is a shame and shows how weak these guys these days
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
6/5/2022 6:17pm
tek14 wrote:
Febvre didnt pull to pits. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/06/05/553802/s1200_s1200_Febvre.jpg[/img]
Febvre didnt pull to pits.

That was a frickin awesome race by Febvre.
SX_336
6/5/2022 6:18pm
I have yet to see MM back up a great ride. Consistency is not his friend. He’s a veteran that constantly makes rookie mistakes. Sometimes you have to slow down to go faster.
LungButter
6/5/2022 6:56pm
Money wrote:
Just shows that theres only a few of these guys that will dig deep when times are tough with heart and if they woulda only got...
Just shows that theres only a few of these guys that will dig deep when times are tough with heart and if they woulda only got a 20th guess what thats great. But to not try is a shame and shows how weak these guys these days
Face. Palm.

Pretty clear you’ve never even sniffed racing at any level beyond Chicken Licks D Class if you think someone with the skills and toughness to win an outdoor moto is “weak”.

Ain’t one fucking dude on that gate that is “weak”.

Easy to be a tough guy behind the keyboard of your Moms computer I suppose.
Nelson
6/5/2022 7:14pm
Money wrote:
Just shows that theres only a few of these guys that will dig deep when times are tough with heart and if they woulda only got...
Nobody knows how bad the crash was, there’s got to be a video somewhere. All everyone saw was Mike sitting in the pits with his mechanics looking at the bike. You think they didn’t have a t handle to adjust the lever if that’s all it was? Keep in mind todays bars are so strong they rarely bend, they break when stressed that bad. Maybe they thought they were compromised?

I know people look at the picture of Magoo riding with the left side straight down and think Mike should have kept racing. But ask yourself this, was the track in the same condition? The pic of Magoo was from the 80’s and the track was probably a blue grooved hard pack turd. And I saw this with no disrespect but everyone knew that Magoo was a special type of animal on a motorcycle.

Any body see the UK rider crash coming down the hill, that happened on a straight bike. I guess people would rather see these guys put their life on the line riding a mangled bike on a destroyed rutted out track to potentially salvage 1 point by getting a 20th place finish? Sounds good but let’s be sensible.

Mike showed plenty of heart last week when he rag dolled the shit out of himself in timed qualifying last week and still raced. Ran into someone in the second turn in the first Moto and came from dead last to ninth I think. Kid has talent, speed, fitness and a lot of will to succeed.

Nelson
6/5/2022 7:22pm
Well guess if I read the whole post I would have saw Magoo was at Southwick not some hard pack track.
McG194
6/6/2022 6:13am
WEAL wrote:
Funny that those idiot mechanics never heard of teflon tape under the control clamps. They are always tight enough to ride the bike and still easy...
Funny that those idiot mechanics never heard of teflon tape under the control clamps. They are always tight enough to ride the bike and still easy enough to return into position after a crash, maybe Mosiman would not have even needed to return to the pits for help - what lousy amateurs.....
Please tell me this is a parody account.
MyBobbym
6/6/2022 7:52am
captmoto wrote:
Though Broc Glover did mention racing with bent bars, along with Magoo and said something along the lines like after you start focusing it isn't that...
They never pulled in and just kept on going. Once you pull in after you take a few minutes to get going again it's pretty much over.
6/6/2022 2:27pm
I was at the race. I do believe he went down at the same spot as where Cooper went off the track at the bottom of the former Fly 150. He kicked up alot of dust. Maybe scrubbing the camel back too hard? His bike was off the track when it stopped. He rolled around the final 1/4 track to the mechanics area and layed the bike down again while turning right around the back of mechanics row. It was a bit surreal to see after such a dominant 1st moto.
Hammer 663s
6/6/2022 2:47pm
I was at the race. I do believe he went down at the same spot as where Cooper went off the track at the bottom of...
I was at the race. I do believe he went down at the same spot as where Cooper went off the track at the bottom of the former Fly 150. He kicked up alot of dust. Maybe scrubbing the camel back too hard? His bike was off the track when it stopped. He rolled around the final 1/4 track to the mechanics area and layed the bike down again while turning right around the back of mechanics row. It was a bit surreal to see after such a dominant 1st moto.
We had a great view of it. He cross rutted the roller before the Fly jump. A cross rut when scrubbing doesn't go well, and MM went down hard on the right side of the track. He was clearly stunned and took a little to even get up. Couldn't see the condition of the bars from where we were though. JC32 cross rutted twice in the exact same spot, and damn near went down hard the first one.

That section was WAY easier than last years whoops. But the section after the Fly jump was super gnarly. I've never seen the track go on the back side of the pond there. The rollers were really deep and everyone was taking a pounding going thru them. The big jump into them was crazy, and then the face up to the Oak Tree hill turn was 30' tall and damn near straight up. In quals a guy sent it too far right and went through the fence and took out a spectator in a bad crash. Said spectator was down hard with facial/head wounds and left in a meat wagon. The Dirt Diggers did some quick skidsteer work to build a bigger outside berm, and added a few hay bales too. Some of my buddies did amateur day and said that was the hardest part of the track.

What bizarre weather too: 70F at 11AM, and sprinkles at Noon! Dirt was excellent and the track stayed moist all day. The downhill before the power line rollers was brutal by the end of the day.

Hammer 663s

Post a reply to: Mosiman- 2nd moto mechanics?

The Latest