More moto pod drama....

Crush
Fuck me, are all moto-podcasters secretly Kardashian fans?

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/cooksey-and-the-coach-19-cant-kee…
|
LungButter
5/12/2021 10:11am
Care to provide some context, I don't have an hour to listen to Cooksey.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
5/12/2021 10:21am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2021 10:31am
LungButter wrote:
Really not much context. I'm not sure why I bit and listened myself. Basically Cooksey says he's the only one asking the hard questions out there. He also says people need to interview people like Josh Greco or Cartwright or guys like that.

It sure is a shame there's no other podcast out there that focuses a lot of their time on privateers and gives them 1 on 1 interviews. Just a shame there's absolutely nobody that does that.

He also seemed to refuse to say Matthes's name lol. Like went out of his way to not say it. He said something like that podcast with Weege, JT and that other guy.

It was also mentioned every supercross race should be a triple crown and compared the sport of supercross to triathlon. After they compared it to triathlon I checked out.

Rickyisms
5/12/2021 10:25am
There are so many privateers I wouldn't of paid attention to if it wasn't for listening to pulp. Most of the privateers he brings on are really down to earth guys so it makes it a lot easier to root for them. How much money has Cooksey raised for privateers?

The Shop

Johnny Ringo
5/12/2021 10:27am
You lost me at Clownsey media. He needs to be scrubbed from this sport
donniehale64
5/12/2021 10:38am
I watched his you tube video from last week about like outdoor power rankings and he says Osborne was a scumbag. Thought that was interesting idk if I’ve heard that take before. Wonder the story behind that.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/12/2021 11:06am
I saw a link on my YouTube homepage "was 2021 Tomac's last year of sx?". I thought wtf garbage is this and guess who... it said cookseymedia. No, I did not watch it.
ZOBITO
5/12/2021 11:16am
LungButter wrote:
I don't have an minute to listen to Cooksey.
Rickyisms
5/12/2021 11:19am
You lost me at Clownsey media. He needs to be scrubbed from this sport
I thought I read a while ago he was venturing into politics?
xrmark
5/12/2021 11:30am
stremme12 wrote:
Really not much context. I'm not sure why I bit and listened myself. Basically Cooksey says he's the only one asking the hard questions out there...
Really not much context. I'm not sure why I bit and listened myself. Basically Cooksey says he's the only one asking the hard questions out there. He also says people need to interview people like Josh Greco or Cartwright or guys like that.

It sure is a shame there's no other podcast out there that focuses a lot of their time on privateers and gives them 1 on 1 interviews. Just a shame there's absolutely nobody that does that.

He also seemed to refuse to say Matthes's name lol. Like went out of his way to not say it. He said something like that podcast with Weege, JT and that other guy.

It was also mentioned every supercross race should be a triple crown and compared the sport of supercross to triathlon. After they compared it to triathlon I checked out.

Mathess puts a huge focus on privateers. Mathess is the only reason a lot of these privateers have there name known. Gave 40k to Nick Schmidt for not making mains and some other dudes some cash. Cooksey is a complete CLOWN through and through. This guy is such a try hard and needs to just go away from moto. He literally provides ZERO insight to our sport.
aeffertz
5/12/2021 11:47am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2021 11:47am
stremme12 wrote:
Really not much context. I'm not sure why I bit and listened myself. Basically Cooksey says he's the only one asking the hard questions out there...

Thank you for your service.
moto67e
Fantasy
2724th
5/12/2021 11:52am
I watched his you tube video from last week about like outdoor power rankings and he says Osborne was a scumbag. Thought that was interesting idk...
I watched his you tube video from last week about like outdoor power rankings and he says Osborne was a scumbag. Thought that was interesting idk if I’ve heard that take before. Wonder the story behind that.
I heard that too. What's his problem with Osbourne? I've heard nothing but good things about Zacho.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
5/12/2021 12:35pm
Nothing lowers my heart rate more than a coach rob podcast.
APLMAN99
5/12/2021 12:38pm
Commentators trying to be the story themselves.....

There are some that always try to do the “we” and “us” when interviewing riders or principals in the sport as well, and it really seems to be a growing thing.
Sully
5/12/2021 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2021 6:11pm
I watched his you tube video from last week about like outdoor power rankings and he says Osborne was a scumbag. Thought that was interesting idk...
moto67e wrote:
I heard that too. What's his problem with Osbourne? I've heard nothing but good things about Zacho.
Sounds like he's going for outrage clicks. Fortunately, most of us already know Cooksey's a turd, and won't click on his stuff (except stremme, who seriously took one for the team on this one).
5/12/2021 4:28pm
This is the deathcross article guy, right? Was it just those articles that gave him the poor reputation or did he do some other shit I'm not aware of? Seems like he tried to get in to the industry and got (pushed?) out just as fast.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
5/12/2021 4:42pm
Who is Cooksey? Serious, no idea who he is.
Dimblewambie
5/12/2021 5:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2021 5:43pm
He did some stuff for thumper talk I believe, made some stroke off post covering the pulpmx show. Also the media member that triggered dungey into his “there is no crown” response. He had articles on vital and motoxaddicts for a bit and they were all super try hard, titled hard truths. Made appearances on moto60 for a little while as well as MEM, all his takes were poor at best.. believe all the while he was a WPS rep for the vegas area and then WPS put a media ban on him or some shit.

tldr: never heard of her.
zehn
5/12/2021 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2021 5:52pm
There is no small amount of irony in invoking the Kardashian name when complaining about moto podcast drama then linking to a moto podcast
Spooner
5/12/2021 6:46pm
He did some stuff for thumper talk I believe, made some stroke off post covering the pulpmx show. Also the media member that triggered dungey into...
He did some stuff for thumper talk I believe, made some stroke off post covering the pulpmx show. Also the media member that triggered dungey into his “there is no crown” response. He had articles on vital and motoxaddicts for a bit and they were all super try hard, titled hard truths. Made appearances on moto60 for a little while as well as MEM, all his takes were poor at best.. believe all the while he was a WPS rep for the vegas area and then WPS put a media ban on him or some shit.

tldr: never heard of her.
He's now a rep for Tucker. I feel bad for them.
xrmark
5/12/2021 6:50pm
Anderson trolls the shit out of him on Instagram too it’s great
JBlain619
5/13/2021 10:45am
moto67e wrote:
Nothing! He's one of the nicest guy in the pits.
ATKpilot99
5/13/2021 11:34am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2021 11:34am
TbonesPop wrote:
Who is Cooksey? Serious, no idea who he is.
I don't either but I can count on one hand the number of podcasts of any kind that I've listened to. I watch a lot of YouTube but never ran across or noticed him.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
5/13/2021 12:07pm
Not a fan of him... but as a fan of the sport, his take on BTO/ Rocky Mt TKM is spot on! That team should be absolutely embarrassed on how they handled the baggett situation. I also am a fan of JT but anyone that can identify a motorcycle knows that the primary gear sponsor knows exactly what’s going on and for him to tell us that he has no clue is absolutely bs. They replaced a race winning rider with a guy who hasn’t gotten a top 5. They know.... they all know
Camp332
5/13/2021 12:27pm
bigk218 wrote:
Not a fan of him... but as a fan of the sport, his take on BTO/ Rocky Mt TKM is spot on! That team should be...
Not a fan of him... but as a fan of the sport, his take on BTO/ Rocky Mt TKM is spot on! That team should be absolutely embarrassed on how they handled the baggett situation. I also am a fan of JT but anyone that can identify a motorcycle knows that the primary gear sponsor knows exactly what’s going on and for him to tell us that he has no clue is absolutely bs. They replaced a race winning rider with a guy who hasn’t gotten a top 5. They know.... they all know
Literally just this morning I watched this Cooksey thing on BTO and Baggett. Never heard or saw anything from him prior to today. I guess he's doing something right if we are talking about him.
LungButter
5/13/2021 12:41pm
Camp332 wrote:
Literally just this morning I watched this Cooksey thing on BTO and Baggett. Never heard or saw anything from him prior to today. I guess he's...
Literally just this morning I watched this Cooksey thing on BTO and Baggett. Never heard or saw anything from him prior to today. I guess he's doing something right if we are talking about him.
Link?
Camp332
5/13/2021 1:34pm
Camp332 wrote:
Literally just this morning I watched this Cooksey thing on BTO and Baggett. Never heard or saw anything from him prior to today. I guess he's...
LungButter wrote:
Link?
I'll have to search twitter for it. Forgot who retweeted the video. Sorry Bros
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
5/13/2021 1:49pm
bigk218 wrote:
Not a fan of him... but as a fan of the sport, his take on BTO/ Rocky Mt TKM is spot on! That team should be...
Camp332 wrote:
Hey publicity is publicity. This post got me to do a little digging. Even if I dont agree with everything he says he does have some valid points and seems to share some of my same frustrations. I’ll respect that.

Post a reply to: More moto pod drama....

The Latest