More likely............will Dungey dominate...again??

TXDirt
8/13/2015 7:51am
If I'm putting my own money down for 2016 SX I would bet on Dungey. He does everything right. He may not always be the fastest at a paticular race but the race to a championship is a marathon not a sprint.

Tomac may not even race the start of SX. Would not surprise me if he's not ready. Even if he shows up, he will be coming off a major injury, on a new bike and new team with little time time gel together. For these reasons I would not be surprised at all if his first race is 2016 MX. Shoulder injuries are a bitch...

Dunegy is "the man" until someone else takes it from him. Good luck!
Flatliner
8/13/2015 9:25am
walleyeguy wrote:
Basically for Dungey to "dominate" it will require injurys to James and Eli period.
He just smoked a healthy tomac this past sx season. Or did you miss that part.

Getting more than double total wins than your closest competition, while clinching the title several rounds early....

The Shop

Lefty Right
8/13/2015 10:26am
TXDirt wrote:
Dungey has Tomac beat on consistency. He does not have him covered on speed. An injury like this will both hurt and help Dungey and hurt/help...
Dungey has Tomac beat on consistency. He does not have him covered on speed. An injury like this will both hurt and help Dungey and hurt/help Tomac.

1. It's going likely cause Tomac to "slow" it down slightly. He may not be the same rider who is willing to hang it out the same as pre-crash. This helps Dungey because Dungey doesn't have that raw speed.

2. With Tomac slowed a bit Tomac now might be more consistent instead. Maybe don't take that big risk. Settle in for a second and 3rd every now and again. This hurts Dungey because Tomac might show more consistency and less throwing it away.

That's how I see it...
x2
8/13/2015 10:40am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2015 10:41am
its obvious , RD is the man to beat in SX this year ....RD is too consistent and stays out of trouble , like he always does Dominate the season ...nope but you dont have to , to become a champ ... Roczen, Tomac ,Stewart for 2 place ... if Stewart finishes the season WinkWink
Grieby54
8/13/2015 10:44am
GrapeApe wrote:
It's all going to come down to who is shorter and thus has the faster nerve synapses . . .
LaughingLaughingLaughing
51xc
8/13/2015 11:18am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2015 11:20am
#991 wrote:
JB is the HoleShot King. But, RD#5 is as consistent on the starts as he is on the finish. RD#5 might not be on Tomac's pace...
JB is the HoleShot King. But, RD#5 is as consistent on the starts as he is on the finish.

RD#5 might not be on Tomac's pace. Hasn't hurt him too much so far though has it Laughing .

RD#5 did find more speed after Tomac crashed out IMO.

Is Tomac going to Gell with the KXF and the Kawasaki Team?

JB's riding style isn't productive when it comes to winning championships in the open class. Cool as fuck to watch though. When you're on the edge all the time, more chance you'll fall off it.

The only prediction I'm willing to make is. If they all go into the 2016 MX season, fit and healthy. It's gonna be on like Donkey Kong.
are you talking about that jb that is likely to be runner up in this years mx season by winning more races than anyone not named ryan dungey? because that looks pretty productive to me.

i don't think tomac will be a threat till at least round 5 (hope I'm wrong though). there are just to many changes and very little time. unless he loves the bike right away, then forget what i said and he will haul the mail.

btw. eli stated clearly that he wasn't running over his head when he crashed. his words were that the pace he had that day and the races before felt "effortless" to him. pretty scary.
mxpro252
8/13/2015 11:38am
He will have the consistency...but will not dominate!
His consistency is what’s led him to dominate this year and a couple others. Hopefully Tomac settles down a bit more next year and continues where he left off.
8/13/2015 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2015 1:41pm
'btw. eli stated clearly that he wasn't running over his head when he crashed. his words were that the pace he had that day and the races before felt "effortless" to him. pretty scary.'

Maybe Tomac was within his comfort zone, but clearly his bike wasn't. What better way to learn that both are necessary to survive 24 motos than by cartwheeling and sitting out the last 18?
kawirider819
8/13/2015 1:45pm
Im not really sure he can learn anything from a freak accident. Similar to what happened to Chad at millville. Sometimes odd things happen you can't really control or prepare for. Eli's swap is one of them.
8/13/2015 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2015 1:55pm
Im not really sure he can learn anything from a freak accident. Similar to what happened to Chad at millville. Sometimes odd things happen you can't...
Im not really sure he can learn anything from a freak accident. Similar to what happened to Chad at millville. Sometimes odd things happen you can't really control or prepare for. Eli's swap is one of them.
I wouldn't call that a freak accident, not even close. More like tempting fate. High sides are pretty common IMO.
He wasn't the only one to go down in that section, that day.

The lesson was. "To finish first. First I must finish".
8/13/2015 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2015 3:14pm
struth wrote:
Clowns on here ^ ^
Coming from you. I'm Really offended Laughing

Funny thing is. I only posted the obvious. Ironic much?

If we were playing football. It'd be right around now that I'd point to the scoreboard. Try hard-er fuck wit.
dirtnapper
8/13/2015 6:37pm
didn't you say this last year haha, dipsh** STRUTH's post last year... "When doe's Dung heap contract run out with ktm, the Dung has had a...
didn't you say this last year haha, dipsh**

STRUTH's post last year...
"When doe's Dung heap contract run out with ktm, the Dung has had a few yearsto get that ktm working and it;s not for him.
DUNG time to move on...it was almost sad watching RD , he would try and push in corners and loose rear traction when coming out of turns,.
RD reminds of reed, when his comfortable on his bike he is a title threat."

Looks like you were wrong little man
struth wrote:
The fact you dug up something so old,
Makez you an obsessed freak,stalker
the fact you posted something so stupid makes you, well stupid. It took one minute of my life to sort through your garbage posts and find...
the fact you posted something so stupid makes you, well stupid. It took one minute of my life to sort through your garbage posts and find that.
Laughing well played Hoagie!

Looks like a Dunge hater hates being called out!?! Too funny......
Yamafocker
8/13/2015 6:53pm
Yamafocker wrote:
Dungey's confidence will go back to nothing as soon as the #3 is on the gate. When Dungey starts to get beat again, it will be...
Dungey's confidence will go back to nothing as soon as the #3 is on the gate. When Dungey starts to get beat again, it will be the same old Dungey, crying about suspension and other guys riding over their heads. This isn't some new found confidence, he was the same in 2010 outdoors when he was a rookie. He looked unbeatable by the end of the year and was full of confidence. Then some other guy who rides over his head and cant stay healthly came back...
DoctorJD wrote:
[i]In other news, the VitalMX communities' collective IQ took as massive hit as new member, "Yamafocker" joined the ranks. His debut post was a stunning combination...
In other news, the VitalMX communities' collective IQ took as massive hit as new member, "Yamafocker" joined the ranks. His debut post was a stunning combination of misinformation, ignorance, and general douchebaggery.
sUZuZskI NumBRER 1 gO BRake BrackeTT.
struth
8/13/2015 9:07pm
struth wrote:
Clowns on here ^ ^
#991 wrote:
Coming from you. I'm Really offended :laugh: Funny thing is. I only posted the obvious. Ironic much? If we were playing football. It'd be right around...
Coming from you. I'm Really offended Laughing

Funny thing is. I only posted the obvious. Ironic much?

If we were playing football. It'd be right around now that I'd point to the scoreboard. Try hard-er fuck wit.
Fuck wit lol, you so Special.
jasonv43
8/15/2015 1:43pm
Making a case for it today.
watson
8/15/2015 1:58pm
Smart money is on the guy who handily won both major titles this year against stiff competition with the most wins by far (while historically never being injured), rather than the guy who just took a forced year out and the guy who's had trouble keeping it on two wheels since he hopped on the big bikes. Oh yeah, the guy who took the forced year out has trouble keeping in on two wheels, as well.
Feint
8/15/2015 1:58pm
#991 wrote:
Don't know about him dominating, but I as sure as shit won't be betting against him.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say James has his number all season long.... supercross and motocross might be wishful thinking...but if...
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say James has his number all season long.... supercross and motocross
might be wishful thinking...but if I bet anything its that.
You're right, Stewart will probably be consistently around 5th place.
jasonv43
8/15/2015 3:14pm
watson wrote:
Smart money is on the guy who handily won both major titles this year against stiff competition with the most wins by far (while historically [i]never[/i]...
Smart money is on the guy who handily won both major titles this year against stiff competition with the most wins by far (while historically never being injured), rather than the guy who just took a forced year out and the guy who's had trouble keeping it on two wheels since he hopped on the big bikes. Oh yeah, the guy who took the forced year out has trouble keeping in on two wheels, as well.
What he said.
bd
8/15/2015 4:27pm
Dungey's greatest strength is health. How many races has he missed? Versus Tomac, Canard, RV, Bubba, Roczen, Barcia?

Those fellas NEED to stay healthy if they want to compete.
bd
8/15/2015 4:28pm
[b]'btw. eli stated clearly that he wasn't running over his head when he crashed. his words were that the pace he had that day and the...
'btw. eli stated clearly that he wasn't running over his head when he crashed. his words were that the pace he had that day and the races before felt "effortless" to him. pretty scary.'

Maybe Tomac was within his comfort zone, but clearly his bike wasn't. What better way to learn that both are necessary to survive 24 motos than by cartwheeling and sitting out the last 18?
Whoops..... really? What the fuck do you know?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/15/2015 4:37pm
bd wrote:
Dungey's greatest strength is health. How many races has he missed? Versus Tomac, Canard, RV, Bubba, Roczen, Barcia? Those fellas NEED to stay healthy if they...
Dungey's greatest strength is health. How many races has he missed? Versus Tomac, Canard, RV, Bubba, Roczen, Barcia?

Those fellas NEED to stay healthy if they want to compete.
that's it
Roczen was kind of the same until this year. I don't believe he has missed a race since his pro debut in 2009 until this SX season. Hope he can get it together again
Tradmark
8/15/2015 7:27pm
struth wrote:
No titles for Rd in. 2016.
Kroc. Sx champ.
Tomac mx champ.
didn't you say this last year haha, dipsh** STRUTH's post last year... "When doe's Dung heap contract run out with ktm, the Dung has had a...
didn't you say this last year haha, dipsh**

STRUTH's post last year...
"When doe's Dung heap contract run out with ktm, the Dung has had a few yearsto get that ktm working and it;s not for him.
DUNG time to move on...it was almost sad watching RD , he would try and push in corners and loose rear traction when coming out of turns,.
RD reminds of reed, when his comfortable on his bike he is a title threat."

Looks like you were wrong little man
struth wrote:
The fact you dug up something so old,
Makez you an obsessed freak,stalker
It also proves that your were an idiot. The future will prove if you can consistently proven to be an idiot in the future. The future is bright for ya if thats your goal.
endurox
8/15/2015 7:42pm
TXDirt wrote:
Did I miss Tomac's retirement press release? Whistling
New team, new bike for Tomac. Will be an interesting evening January 9

Angel Stadium

Anaheim, Calif.

6:30pm local
8/15/2015 9:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 10:16pm
The cards have all been falling in the right places. If I was Ricky Carmichael. I'd be on the phone to Mike (The Goose) Gossler (sp?) right about now.

Only thing I can think of ATM that might worry RD#5 about next yr.

Wouldn't it be Ironic if it took a Goose to Lay a golden egg for the Soaring Eagle.
Canerat
8/15/2015 9:12pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Yes, some of these guys don't seem smart enough, he'll get beat some early till the same guys end up in
the hospital...
#991 wrote:
A smart racer only does as much as he needs to do to win. As a fan, watching Tomac was awesome. Not the brightest race strategy...
A smart racer only does as much as he needs to do to win. As a fan, watching Tomac was awesome. Not the brightest race strategy though.
He pretty much could have cruised to the championship win with the speed he had..
100% correct 991!
karsmakers
8/15/2015 9:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 10:00pm
80% chance Dungey wins the championship next year
80% chance Tomac is the fastest while upright
80% chance JS7 doesn't finish either series

Post a reply to: More likely............will Dungey dominate...again??

The Latest