More dirtbag thieves...

harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
Edited Date/Time 2/12/2018 12:47pm
UK Jason Thomas had a KTM 300 stolen from him when he was off racing in SC. I don't know how to embed IG posts so I posted a link. Dirtbag theiving SOB's..

Jason Thomas stolen bike Instagram post
|
user760a
2/8/2018 6:56pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2018 6:56pm
every major race in south carolina attracted the thieves over the last couple of years. Bikes stolen from riding/racing facilities, stolen from motels (do we all know by now to NEVER EVER leave a bike in a pickup truck at night?) haulers stolen. etc. Beware! Folks from cold climates come down to ride and lose their bikes, too. not cool. Death to thieves
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/8/2018 7:21pm
UK Jason Thomas had a KTM 300 stolen from him when he was off racing in SC. I don't know how to embed IG posts so...
UK Jason Thomas had a KTM 300 stolen from him when he was off racing in SC. I don't know how to embed IG posts so I posted a link. Dirtbag theiving SOB's..

Jason Thomas stolen bike Instagram post
Tried to embed it for you but the option to do so is not available. I'm guessing it's because it's a private account.
Stuntman949
2/9/2018 8:13am
That is such a freaking shame. Thieves are some of the lowest of the low.

Side note; It blows me away how many guys rock massive moto decals on their otherwise discreet trailers or windowless vans.
nc_mx_kid
2/9/2018 10:08am
I hate a thieve and a liar

The Shop

2/9/2018 10:16am
Love how the earlier reference to the most likely candidates to have stolen the bike has been white washed off the site. Ignoring the ongoing issue with certain segments of the population won't make it go away.

Hope he gets his bike back and I hope he gets a few minutes alone with the thieves to "explain" why theft is bad.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
2/9/2018 10:28am
That is such a freaking shame. Thieves are some of the lowest of the low. Side note; It blows me away how many guys rock massive...

Side note; It blows me away how many guys rock massive moto decals on their otherwise discreet trailers or windowless vans.
I have never understood that.

Sorta like that tap out phase but with moto it stays strong.

Sidecar
2/9/2018 11:45am
That is such a freaking shame. Thieves are some of the lowest of the low. Side note; It blows me away how many guys rock massive...

I get what your saying but why let others dictate how you live your life... if you want to run moto stickers then do it, there are way more ways than looking for the odd fox head stuck on your back door, they put electronic trackers on vans, what are we meant to do, lay under your van before you leave a race and have a good look... You guys in the US are lucky, no offence intended and I really mean this in your favour but your 10-15 years behind the UK when it comes to having to keep your bikes, workshops and dealerships safe, it amazes me to see bike shop theft security cam footage on here and guys throw a brick through a massive window and just wander off with bikes, we have to weld up steel window guards, have anti ram raid bollards and heavy duty ground anchors and chains on the bikes inside alarmed and camera watched buildings... and you guys are only just past the leaving the bike in a pickup outside overnight stage...
JohnnyD13
2/9/2018 12:22pm
That’s because our thieves are lazy. If they had to work for it they would give up.
SPODEBOY
2/9/2018 2:24pm

They used to do something I consider fair when someone stole a horse.
moore433
2/9/2018 3:55pm
I have taken my bikes in the hotel room many times....
Well every time I’ve stayed at a hotel when racing.
Sorry for his loss, hope he gets it back...
BobKerr
2/9/2018 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 4:40pm
Put 'Mobile Library' stickers on the van. Thieves don't read books.

Fuck a thief.
SPODEBOY
2/9/2018 4:20pm
If I ever buy a new bike again it will have a gps tracker on it.
user760a
2/9/2018 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 4:53pm
another three gus lost their bikes and van when the whole rig was stolen before the same race in sc a few days ago. pretty sure it was stolen from a motel

PRM31
2/9/2018 5:02pm
SPODEBOY wrote:

They used to do something I consider fair when someone stole a horse.
About the only language they’ll listen to.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/9/2018 7:06pm
Love how the earlier reference to the most likely candidates to have stolen the bike has been white washed off the site. Ignoring the ongoing issue...
Love how the earlier reference to the most likely candidates to have stolen the bike has been white washed off the site. Ignoring the ongoing issue with certain segments of the population won't make it go away.

Hope he gets his bike back and I hope he gets a few minutes alone with the thieves to "explain" why theft is bad.
Yeah, it was probably some rednecks.

See? It sounds dumb when I go for random generalizations, too.

Beyond that, but I'm not sure that any "scrubbing" was done in this thread. I was in San Diego all day.
2/10/2018 2:33pm
Love how the earlier reference to the most likely candidates to have stolen the bike has been white washed off the site. Ignoring the ongoing issue...

GuyB wrote:
Yeah, it was probably some rednecks. See? It sounds dumb when I go for random generalizations, too. Beyond that, but I'm not sure that any "scrubbing"...
Yeah, it was probably some rednecks.

See? It sounds dumb when I go for random generalizations, too.

Beyond that, but I'm not sure that any "scrubbing" was done in this thread. I was in San Diego all day.
At least the rednecks have been able to stay off the vast majority of the videos that have been posted from dealerships and Rio Bravo and have been smart enough not to boast about their ill gotten gains on social media.

Or they aren't doing the majority of the thefts.Wink

Can't say that for the YouTube/Instagram stars.Whistling

But hey, after having 4 bikes stolen in the past 20 years, what do I know?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/10/2018 2:56pm
At least the rednecks have been able to stay off the vast majority of the videos that have been posted from dealerships and Rio Bravo and...
At least the rednecks have been able to stay off the vast majority of the videos that have been posted from dealerships and Rio Bravo and have been smart enough not to boast about their ill gotten gains on social media.

Or they aren't doing the majority of the thefts.Wink

Can't say that for the YouTube/Instagram stars.Whistling

But hey, after having 4 bikes stolen in the past 20 years, what do I know?
That you’re really bad at protecting your bikes? Pinch
user760a
2/12/2018 7:59am
When I have to park in an unsecured location with my bike or bikes in the van, I always lock them together inside the van, pop the hood and remove the large fuel pump fuse from the fuse and relay block. It takes thirty seconds to do both of these things and will likely thwart any thief who is hoping for a quick getaway (all of them)
Timo_2824
2/12/2018 9:48am
Anyone with an Econoline or Express van needs to look into some sort of engine immobilizer. A lot of the 3/4 and 1 ton vans don't use a chipped key and I think there are only a handful of different key cuts. Thief's walk around with a big key ring with multiple keys and just hop right in a drive away.
2/12/2018 10:25am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2018 12:47pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
Anyone with an Econoline or Express van needs to look into some sort of engine immobilizer. A lot of the 3/4 and 1 ton vans don't...
Anyone with an Econoline or Express van needs to look into some sort of engine immobilizer. A lot of the 3/4 and 1 ton vans don't use a chipped key and I think there are only a handful of different key cuts. Thief's walk around with a big key ring with multiple keys and just hop right in a drive away.
One time, I had a friend crash out at my place after a night of hard-living. In the morning, he woke up and couldn't find the keys to his Econoline, lost in his stupor of the night before. Guy spent his day retracing all the steps from the prior misadventures, visiting every place with no luck in recovering his keys.

At the end of the day, I told him to call an auto locksmith and GTFO, but the cheap bastard kept demanding to use my van key first. I told him, "Dude, that's not going to work. Just make the call." ...But he just kept insisting.

I was absolutely stunned when I finally gave in, and he popped my key in, opened his van, and fired it right up.
Racer111
2/12/2018 10:35am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2018 10:37am
THIS is why I don’t ride KTM. No one wants to steal a Suzuki if you’re in the market for a new bike.

Sucks for JT Money. Hope they catch them.

Whenever I travel with my bike in the back of my truck, I always ask for the ground floor and take my bike in the hotel room with me.
2/12/2018 11:38am
GuyB wrote:
That you’re really bad at protecting your bikes? Pinch
My thought also. 4 bikes stolen, what are you doing parking them on the stand at the end of your driveway? I'm in LE and haven't worked 4 bike thefts in my 10 years of service.. talk about shit luck.
Rhody
2/12/2018 12:40pm
Get a Club for your steering wheel. A former (did time, then finally smartened up) car thief told me that they are actually a pretty big deterrent. Not foolproof, but makes you car or truck enough of a bitch that they are going to go look for an easier target.

Post a reply to: More dirtbag thieves...

The Latest