More Weirdness From MXA.com

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2017 9:40 PM

What MXA has to say about Day in The Dirt 2017
"Five days after Thanksgiving is “Day In The Dirt.” blah, blah, blah. It will be held on November 28-30, 2017."
Five days after Thanksgiving is Tuesday.

What Red Bull has to say
http://www.adayinthedirt.com/

I don't get how a world famous publication can miss by so much on things like this. I see the smaller errors that pop up and it is kind of amusing but wasn't it a couple months ago that they had a 74 YZ250 shown in a run down on the DT1?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/25/2017 10:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2017 10:15 PM

Don't talk shit about MXA man.

You are really asking for an a$$ chewing from the "core" dudes around here.

|

10/25/2017 10:16 PM

Narcissism is distracting.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





10/25/2017 10:29 PM

kzizok wrote:

Narcissism is distracting.

What??

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/25/2017 10:33 PM

Should have read, “Thanksgiving is on the 23rd this year, which would have put this event 5 days later on the 28th if it was 2015. Confused? Go to Glenhelen.com”

|

10/25/2017 10:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2017 10:51 PM

kzizok wrote:

Narcissism is distracting.

captmoto wrote:

What??

Someone is missing the editing details.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





10/26/2017 2:59 AM

Ted722 wrote:

Should have read, “Thanksgiving is on the 23rd this year, which would have put this event 5 days later on the 28th if it was 2015. Confused? Go to Glenhelen.com”

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

|

10/26/2017 5:12 AM

IceMan446 wrote:

Don't talk shit about MXA man.

You are really asking for an a$$ chewing from the "core" dudes around here.

You've got it backwards....You're only "core" if you hate on MXA.

|

10/26/2017 6:51 AM

Let me know when you can write thousands of words a day w/o a typo of any kind...

MXA rules

|

10/26/2017 7:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2017 11:15 AM

Re: errors and typos...If one is going to hold themselves to a higher standard and tell the world they do so, as MXA does, one needs to apply that standard to all they do.

I like MXA with all their scratches and dents. And have so since I bought their first issue in the summer of '73. But they have plenty of room to do better.

|

10/26/2017 8:50 AM

I didn't see that anywhere on their site, they must have fixed it.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/26/2017 9:41 AM

I like MXA but their tabloid style online is cringe worthy.

|

Care Factor Zero

10/26/2017 12:11 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Let me know when you can write thousands of words a day w/o a typo of any kind...

MXA rules

you need to go up a tooth on the rear and re-torque your sprocket bolts bro

|

10/26/2017 12:31 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Let me know when you can write thousands of words a day w/o a typo of any kind...

MXA rules

Real journalists do every single day. MXA has no excuse for their lack of accuracy.

|

10/26/2017 1:11 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Let me know when you can write thousands of words a day w/o a typo of any kind...

MXA rules

visser62 wrote:

Real journalists do every single day. MXA has no excuse for their lack of accuracy.

and they are not the only online magazine that makes mistakes.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/26/2017 1:50 PM

Why don't you email them and volunteer your time as a proof reader?

|

10/26/2017 1:50 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Let me know when you can write thousands of words a day w/o a typo of any kind...

MXA rules

visser62 wrote:

Real journalists do every single day. MXA has no excuse for their lack of accuracy.

mx317 wrote:

and they are not the only online magazine that makes mistakes.

I've been reading MXA since 1979. On the web side, their editing and fact-checking is atrocious for a professional publication- it's beyond typos.
I remember being a kid and seeing headlines on MXA, then opening the mag, and the story was completely different than what the headline says. They have always had a semi-tabloid approach.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

10/26/2017 1:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2017 1:54 PM

mxtech1 wrote:

Why don't you email them and volunteer your time as a proof reader?

Just like all the other OLDlinnials, wanting everything for free. Maybe someday we will get universal proof reading but for now you will have to work for it MXA!

|

10/26/2017 3:28 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Let me know when you can write thousands of words a day w/o a typo of any kind...

MXA rules

visser62 wrote:

Real journalists do every single day. MXA has no excuse for their lack of accuracy.

mx317 wrote:

and they are not the only online magazine that makes mistakes.

They are noticeably worse than many publications in the moto industry, let alone publications in general.

|

10/26/2017 4:04 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Let me know when you can write thousands of words a day w/o a typo of any kind...

MXA rules

Big difference between typos and information being completely wrong.

|

10/26/2017 4:05 PM

I think they have people editing that have no clue about the industry. As soon as I saw 5 days after Thanksgiving I knew it was wrong.
As far as I know MXA does not have one person doing all the writing. The articles are written by different people and submitted to an editor whose job it is to proof and put it all together. Since I can read an entire MXA in one sitting on the the shitter, how hard is it to proof read?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/26/2017 4:13 PM

captmoto wrote:

I think they have people editing that have no clue about the industry. As soon as I saw 5 days after Thanksgiving I knew it was wrong.
As far as I know MXA does not have one person doing all the writing. The articles are written by different people and submitted to an editor whose job it is to proof and put it all together. Since I can read an entire MXA in one sitting on the the shitter, how hard is it to proof read?

I think you mean proofread. But point taken. wink

|

10/26/2017 4:36 PM

I think even they don't care about it anymore.

|

1/17/2019 11:46 AM

Unlike some of you here, I've always liked MXA which I've been reading since the 80's...
But seriously, things are going south, especially online...
Two technical mistakes in one sentence? Who wrote this? A 16yo trainee?
Can't make the difference between a caliper and a master cylinder? Never heard about cerakote?
Pitiful...
blush
Photo

|

1/17/2019 12:42 PM

Please contact them. Complaining here will not fix what happens (over there) and elsewhere.

|

1/17/2019 12:48 PM

Photo
|

1/17/2019 12:51 PM

captmoto wrote:

I think they have people editing that have no clue about the industry. As soon as I saw 5 days after Thanksgiving I knew it was wrong.
As far as I know MXA does not have one person doing all the writing. The articles are written by different people and submitted to an editor whose job it is to proof and put it all together. Since I can read an entire MXA in one sitting on the the shitter, how hard is it to proof read?

GuyB wrote:

I think you mean proofread. But point taken. wink

Ziiing ! laughing

|

"We don't rent pigs."

1/17/2019 1:14 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

Unlike some of you here, I've always liked MXA which I've been reading since the 80's...
But seriously, things are going south, especially online...
Two technical mistakes in one sentence? Who wrote this? A 16yo trainee?
Can't make the difference between a caliper and a master cylinder? Never heard about cerakote?
Pitiful...
blush
Photo

Well shit, my day is shot now.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

1/17/2019 1:23 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

Please contact them. Complaining here will not fix what happens (over there) and elsewhere.

I'm not complaining, I'm dejected.
laughing

|

1/17/2019 2:57 PM

Another lame ass & pointless Anti-MXA thread....go figure

|