More Riders Coming To Canada

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
Edited Date/Time 6/2/2017 5:51pm
Here's a list of other riders that are coming up north this summer.

Carlen Gardner (MX2), Kyle Swanson (MX1) & Lane Staley (MX1) will all be riding for the PR-MX Strikt Pelletier Kawasaki Team.

Nolan Heppner (MX2) on Yamaha: Racing the western rounds and might go east.

Australian Geran Stapleton (MX2) on Honda.

Marky Worth (MX2) on Yamaha: Racing the western rounds and might go east.

Mike Brown (MX1) on Husqvarna: Plans to be at the first two nationals.

Austin Politelli (MX1) on Yamaha: Racing the first 4 nationals and might go east.

Alex Ray, Heath Harrison & Jason Brooks to race select nationals once the series heads east.

|
rmoto003
5/19/2017 6:49am
$25? Damn, didn't realize it was that lucrative up there
5/19/2017 10:37am
thats $25 CDN. about $18.50 US

Win a 250 moto and you get almost $300 USD

but they will take US$ at par for registration per event @ $85 pre or $100 post

The Shop

Gukamonster
5/19/2017 12:04pm
At the first CDN national I went to as a spectator in 2000 the purse for MX1 was exactly the same. The MX2/125 class of the day actually paid $500 CDN for a moto win. So the purse is the same or worse nominally, and a lot lower after 17 years of inflation. A new KX250 you could race MX1 in was $6,000 to 7,000 CDN, today a new KTM 450 for the same class is about $13,000 CDN.
RhinoRider
5/19/2017 12:12pm
From the looks of that, unless you'e a factory dude with a salary to race, might as well get a job, buy a boat, head to the lake with broads in thongs.

That's far less payout than just racing local races.

shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
5/19/2017 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2017 12:27pm
crackalack wrote:
thats $25 CDN. about $18.50 US Win a 250 moto and you get almost $300 USD but they will take US$ at par for registration per...
thats $25 CDN. about $18.50 US

Win a 250 moto and you get almost $300 USD

but they will take US$ at par for registration per event @ $85 pre or $100 post
This made me smile.

Edit: Sorry, I should clarify. The actual numbers don't make me smile, the tongue-in-cheek response made me smile.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
5/19/2017 12:35pm
OK so out of curiosity I added up that payout. It works out to $20,000 per event (both classes, both motos). I tried looking out the AMA pro nationals payout and all I could find was a comment from DC in 2013 (link for reference) and at that time it was $70,000 per event....
Jrewing
5/19/2017 3:46pm
24th in mx2 pays $6025.
Is that the mystery bonus? Gutted if you came in 23rd.
Jrewing
5/19/2017 3:48pm
In all seriousness 1st should pay nothing and the money could filter back through proportionally.
romain524
5/19/2017 3:49pm
Jrewing wrote:
24th in mx2 pays $6025.
a lot for guys will be battling for that 24th positions!
plowboy
5/19/2017 5:00pm
Jrewing wrote:
24th in mx2 pays $6025.
romain524 wrote:
I know I would but as a realist...that 25 (18.50) dollar spot is more achievable. Ok, truthfully I'd be in the bottom of the group that wouldn't even qualify.
plowboy
5/19/2017 5:03pm
Jrewing wrote:
24th in mx2 pays $6025.
romain524 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
I know I would but as a realist...that 25 (18.50) dollar spot is more achievable. Ok, truthfully I'd be in the bottom of the group that...
I know I would but as a realist...that 25 (18.50) dollar spot is more achievable. Ok, truthfully I'd be in the bottom of the group that wouldn't even qualify.
But if the track didn't have any; jumps, bumps, ruts, mud, dust, turns, or other riders on it....I might do ok.
malachi177
5/19/2017 11:23pm
Slag the Canadian Nats all you want....what is the purse payout in the world gp's?.....zero
5/19/2017 11:51pm
malachi177 wrote:
Slag the Canadian Nats all you want....what is the purse payout in the world gp's?.....zero
But the races are shown live on TV- that has huge value for sponsors. Why do people struggle to count that as valuable??
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/20/2017 5:45am
Our Canadian nationals are streamed live and for free. This year the 450 class will be shown on TSN the biggest sports channel in Canada. That counts for something and is a step in the right direction.

Sure we might not have the biggest payouts in the sport and only a couple of guys can make a living at it in Canada but have you stopped to think for a minute why more people are choosing to come up here than staying south.

Starting the series on the west coast and going east once is just one thing that comes to mind. Privateers have limited funds and crossing the country once saves them a bunch of money.

Getting in the top 10 or close to it is better than fighting at the back of the pack down south. What looks better on a resume a 12th or a 28th.

I've even heard people saying they keep coming back each year simply for the fact of how laid back the series is. There's no wait time or timed autographed sessions. The riders are accessible all day long. After the race simply head to the pits give them a couple minutes to recover and they'll gladly sign an autograph and talk for a couple minutes. I'm way passed the autograph thing but if you have kids this is big for them.

We also have some pretty great tracks.

I don't personally drink coffee but apparently Tim Hortons is a perk to have for some of the guys.

The series isn't perfect but they've come a long way with it. We're not on the same level as down south or the MXGP's but it could be argued that it's the 3rd biggest pro series in the sport. For a country that is frozen most of the year and the fact that there's more people living in California than all of Canada I think we're doing alright.
Talan_Hansen
5/20/2017 6:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Our Canadian nationals are streamed live and for free. This year the 450 class will be shown on TSN the biggest sports channel in Canada. That...
Our Canadian nationals are streamed live and for free. This year the 450 class will be shown on TSN the biggest sports channel in Canada. That counts for something and is a step in the right direction.

Sure we might not have the biggest payouts in the sport and only a couple of guys can make a living at it in Canada but have you stopped to think for a minute why more people are choosing to come up here than staying south.

Starting the series on the west coast and going east once is just one thing that comes to mind. Privateers have limited funds and crossing the country once saves them a bunch of money.

Getting in the top 10 or close to it is better than fighting at the back of the pack down south. What looks better on a resume a 12th or a 28th.

I've even heard people saying they keep coming back each year simply for the fact of how laid back the series is. There's no wait time or timed autographed sessions. The riders are accessible all day long. After the race simply head to the pits give them a couple minutes to recover and they'll gladly sign an autograph and talk for a couple minutes. I'm way passed the autograph thing but if you have kids this is big for them.

I don't personally drink coffee but apparently Tim Hortons is a perk to have for some of the guys.

The series isn't perfect but they've come a long way with it. We're not on the same level as down south or the MXGP's but it could be argued that it's the 3rd biggest pro series in the sport. For a country that is frozen most of the year and the fact that there's more people living in California than all of Canada I think we're doing alright.
I personally come up for these reasons to race. I can do the whole series a lot cheaper and get more support from sponsors because the probability of me getting a top 10-20 position is likely then it would be in the states. Everyone is really nice and they put on a great series. It's getting bigger every year and there's more teams that pop up. Tim hortons is awesome, also it's just cheaper for me to race up there compared to the states. Canada is a cool place.
nytsmaC
5/20/2017 7:41am
Julien who owns PR-MX is a complete crook POS. those poor guys will have some unbelievable stories when they get home.
5/20/2017 8:07am
nytsmaC wrote:
Julien who owns PR-MX is a complete crook POS. those poor guys will have some unbelievable stories when they get home.
You live pretty far away from his location yet you talk like you know him well. Not the first time you post about him that way. I'd like to hear the story behind these comments in private.
nytsmaC
5/20/2017 8:16am
nytsmaC wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
You live pretty far away from his location yet you talk like you know him well. Not the first time you post about him that way...
You live pretty far away from his location yet you talk like you know him well. Not the first time you post about him that way. I'd like to hear the story behind these comments in private.
I bought a motorcycle from him. You wouldn't believe the crap he pulled on that deal, it was truly appalling. I've talked to numerous others who he has stolen from too but they're not my stories to tell.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/20/2017 8:17am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2017 8:30am
nytsmaC wrote:
I don't know Julien so I can't say anything about him. I have however wondered how he's been able/funding a supercross team and race the outdoors as well the last couple of years. I know that PR-MX sells parts and accessories but he must be selling a shit ton of stuff in order to do so or he's got income coming from another source.

Do you know what the story is behind it all? Rich family? Sideline?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/20/2017 8:29am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Our Canadian nationals are streamed live and for free. This year the 450 class will be shown on TSN the biggest sports channel in Canada. That...

I personally come up for these reasons to race. I can do the whole series a lot cheaper and get more support from sponsors because the...
I personally come up for these reasons to race. I can do the whole series a lot cheaper and get more support from sponsors because the probability of me getting a top 10-20 position is likely then it would be in the states. Everyone is really nice and they put on a great series. It's getting bigger every year and there's more teams that pop up. Tim hortons is awesome, also it's just cheaper for me to race up there compared to the states. Canada is a cool place.
Are you doing the complete series this year if so in which class? Bike and number? What's your favorite track? Privateering it alone or with other people?

Just interested. Always cool to have more people come up and race our series. Makes it more entertaining to watch.

Everyone races for different reasons and for some the payouts are irrelevant compared to the life experience you get to have. Life is all about experiences/making memories and what better way to see an entire country while racing dirt bikes all summer and making friends along the way.
Talan_Hansen
5/20/2017 8:44am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I personally come up for these reasons to race. I can do the whole series a lot cheaper and get more support from sponsors because the...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Are you doing the complete series this year if so in which class? Bike and number? What's your favorite track? Privateering it alone or with other...
Are you doing the complete series this year if so in which class? Bike and number? What's your favorite track? Privateering it alone or with other people?

Just interested. Always cool to have more people come up and race our series. Makes it more entertaining to watch.

Everyone races for different reasons and for some the payouts are irrelevant compared to the life experience you get to have. Life is all about experiences/making memories and what better way to see an entire country while racing dirt bikes all summer and making friends along the way.
I'll be doing the complete series in the MX2 class on a Kawasaki. I have a support ride with the RPMA FXR Race Team. I'll be traveling in an RV with the team. Calgary was an awesome track to ride, Regina has awesome soil. Gopher is nasty but out of the four I did last year, Calgary was my favorite. The prize money is irrelevant to me because the experience is what I am looking to get out of it. Obviously the prize money will help with food or whatever I wish to use with it but luckily I have awesome sponsors that take care of me. It's hard to make money from a manufacturer but I've known the right people and they've taken care of me financially during the summer and winter when moto is my only job during those seasons. I'm excited to race all of the tracks though. Awesome tracks up there for sure!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/20/2017 9:08am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Are you doing the complete series this year if so in which class? Bike and number? What's your favorite track? Privateering it alone or with other...

I'll be doing the complete series in the MX2 class on a Kawasaki. I have a support ride with the RPMA FXR Race Team. I'll be...
I'll be doing the complete series in the MX2 class on a Kawasaki. I have a support ride with the RPMA FXR Race Team. I'll be traveling in an RV with the team. Calgary was an awesome track to ride, Regina has awesome soil. Gopher is nasty but out of the four I did last year, Calgary was my favorite. The prize money is irrelevant to me because the experience is what I am looking to get out of it. Obviously the prize money will help with food or whatever I wish to use with it but luckily I have awesome sponsors that take care of me. It's hard to make money from a manufacturer but I've known the right people and they've taken care of me financially during the summer and winter when moto is my only job during those seasons. I'm excited to race all of the tracks though. Awesome tracks up there for sure!
That's cool. Did you score enough points last year to earn a 2 digit number? Who else is on the team and what are your goals for the season?

FXR have made big strides in terms of design and are making a big push in marketing. Some of their stuff looks really good. They dominate the gear market in snocross but looks like they are trying to grab some shares of the moto market.

They've been around for a pretty long time. I've never worn their gear because frankly it didn't look that good when I was riding but I'd definitely wear the stuff they have out now. How do you like it? Does it compare to the other big name brands out there? What about the fit and durability?

Out of curiosity have you looked at the tags to see where it's made? Canada? China? Taiwan? It would surprise me a lot if it was made here in Canada.
Talan_Hansen
5/20/2017 9:27am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I'll be doing the complete series in the MX2 class on a Kawasaki. I have a support ride with the RPMA FXR Race Team. I'll be...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That's cool. Did you score enough points last year to earn a 2 digit number? Who else is on the team and what are your goals...
That's cool. Did you score enough points last year to earn a 2 digit number? Who else is on the team and what are your goals for the season?

FXR have made big strides in terms of design and are making a big push in marketing. Some of their stuff looks really good. They dominate the gear market in snocross but looks like they are trying to grab some shares of the moto market.

They've been around for a pretty long time. I've never worn their gear because frankly it didn't look that good when I was riding but I'd definitely wear the stuff they have out now. How do you like it? Does it compare to the other big name brands out there? What about the fit and durability?

Out of curiosity have you looked at the tags to see where it's made? Canada? China? Taiwan? It would surprise me a lot if it was made here in Canada.
Haha no I was horrible last summer, I went to Texas for the winter and I've been wide open since with the training back home in Wisconsin. It's looking like I might not be in fxr this summer because I'm a support rider and I have a deal with fly. I wouldn't count it out though you may see me in it sometime this summer if things go well. The fxr gear is super light and flashy. I've been trying to work something out with them. My team mates are Michael Fowler #41/ Ryan Batman #123/ Broc Loftus #53 (he's racing hangtown today in 250's) and Zach Nobrega #463. My goals for the season are to be top 20 by the end of the season. I'm not sure where I stand but that's my goal. I'd like to have a 2 digit for next summer. I'll find out where I am in 2 weeks it'll be exciting!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/20/2017 11:43am
Haha no I was horrible last summer, I went to Texas for the winter and I've been wide open since with the training back home in...
Haha no I was horrible last summer, I went to Texas for the winter and I've been wide open since with the training back home in Wisconsin. It's looking like I might not be in fxr this summer because I'm a support rider and I have a deal with fly. I wouldn't count it out though you may see me in it sometime this summer if things go well. The fxr gear is super light and flashy. I've been trying to work something out with them. My team mates are Michael Fowler #41/ Ryan Batman #123/ Broc Loftus #53 (he's racing hangtown today in 250's) and Zach Nobrega #463. My goals for the season are to be top 20 by the end of the season. I'm not sure where I stand but that's my goal. I'd like to have a 2 digit for next summer. I'll find out where I am in 2 weeks it'll be exciting!
How many years have you been racing pro? Is everyone on the team you're riding for on Kawasaki's? Post a pic of your bike. I remember reading an article on DMX and the name Batman stood out. I believe the caption for one of the pics was that he had the coolest name ever. Two of your teammates earned a 2 digit national number so you can learn a lot just riding with them. With 5 guys riding for the same team you guys must have a pretty decent looking pit setup.

Not sure if you are aware but if you would like to let your friends/family/fans know that they can follow your racing up north this season they can watch the races live. All you need to do is download the free Conx2share app on your phone, create an account and follow the racing all summer long. It's available for iOS and Android. They can watch on their phone, tablet or laptop/desktop.

Last year was the first time that feature was available so there was a few hiccups with the system but overall it wasn't that bad. Apparently they made some improvements to the platform so hopefully it'll be even better this year. It's free so you can't complain. Personally I wish they would switch things over to the Livestream.com platform as I think it's a better system. I watched snocross all winter on Livestream.com and the stream never had any issues.

Anyways you can download the Conx2share app on the App Store or Google Play store.

https://www.conx2share.com/
Talan_Hansen
5/20/2017 1:08pm
Haha no I was horrible last summer, I went to Texas for the winter and I've been wide open since with the training back home in...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
How many years have you been racing pro? Is everyone on the team you're riding for on Kawasaki's? Post a pic of your bike. I remember...
How many years have you been racing pro? Is everyone on the team you're riding for on Kawasaki's? Post a pic of your bike. I remember reading an article on DMX and the name Batman stood out. I believe the caption for one of the pics was that he had the coolest name ever. Two of your teammates earned a 2 digit national number so you can learn a lot just riding with them. With 5 guys riding for the same team you guys must have a pretty decent looking pit setup.

Not sure if you are aware but if you would like to let your friends/family/fans know that they can follow your racing up north this season they can watch the races live. All you need to do is download the free Conx2share app on your phone, create an account and follow the racing all summer long. It's available for iOS and Android. They can watch on their phone, tablet or laptop/desktop.

Last year was the first time that feature was available so there was a few hiccups with the system but overall it wasn't that bad. Apparently they made some improvements to the platform so hopefully it'll be even better this year. It's free so you can't complain. Personally I wish they would switch things over to the Livestream.com platform as I think it's a better system. I watched snocross all winter on Livestream.com and the stream never had any issues.

Anyways you can download the Conx2share app on the App Store or Google Play store.

https://www.conx2share.com/
I tried AMA arenacross at 17-18. Came close a couple times at making the night show. Last summer was my first outdoor, it was an awesome experience learning the format and how a national works. I just turned 21 recently so I'm excited to get a full season under my belt and know what to expect in 2018. Batman and myself will be on kawasaki's, Broc and zach are on Hondas and Mike is on Yamaha. Yes us riding together will be awesome, I did a scrimmage with batman and zach in Rhode Island a couple weeks ago and it went really well. That'll be an advantage withbhaving all of us riding. Yes the live races will help and it'll be cool for others to watch!
Talan_Hansen
5/20/2017 1:10pm

I'll have updated pics in a bit. Going to see my race bike now it just got off the dyno
nytsmaC
5/20/2017 1:39pm
nytsmaC wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't know Julien so I can't say anything about him. I have however wondered how he's been able/funding a supercross team and race the outdoors...
I don't know Julien so I can't say anything about him. I have however wondered how he's been able/funding a supercross team and race the outdoors as well the last couple of years. I know that PR-MX sells parts and accessories but he must be selling a shit ton of stuff in order to do so or he's got income coming from another source.

Do you know what the story is behind it all? Rich family? Sideline?
Don't know anything about that, I'm not going to speculate. I just know that his ethics and morals are deplorable and I'd strongly advise against doing any kind of business with him. Crook and a liar.

Post a reply to: More Riders Coming To Canada

The Latest