Moonshiners at LL's this year!

Arkmx
Edited Date/Time 8/20/2013 6:13am

I thought I saw Spencer there this year. I said to my self, I have seen this guy, but could not place him. Then the kids were watching Moonshiners and there he was! I said that's the guy I saw at LL's!!!

It's the guy that hired Tim to help find the car his Dad drove off the bridge with a load of Shine.

Spencer at LL's from his FB page....

Also heard that Jamie Lynn drove a golf cart or was on it when it went through the fence at the top of the hill (entrance to Camp Carmichael)

|
8/13/2013 6:43am
Funny you mention it. Just this weekend I was talking to some friends about their trip. Said they learned all about what apple pie moonshine was down at the creek.
lumpy790
8/14/2013 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2013 4:39pm
that must be the shine tent
Arkmx
8/15/2013 6:07am

Hea Lumpy didn't you have some "Apple Pie" with some Moto Hose coming out of it in the back of the truck? Or was that one of the new Engine Ice Frosty bottles?

The Shop

hillbilly
8/15/2013 7:55am
Anytime fruit is put into a jar of shine it is hiding something.

It could be to simply bringing up yeild,fill jar halfway with shine and stuff the rest with cheap friut.

Other things could be hiding scorched likker.a brown color indicates this.you will hear that it was aged in a barrel.

No one ages shine.if it is burnt it will give you a head busting headache.

If the jar is sticky that indicates the use of sugar and yeast.

You see ,,shine real shine is made from corn,half is shelled then ground into powder,,the other half is sprouted then ground up,this gets the yeast out to work with the sugars in the dried corn.

Water is.added to the 2 types of corn and that is mash,,no added sugar or yeast.

This is sour mash like all of your Tennessee or Kentucky distillers.

When sugar and yeast are added it increases yeild a bunch but if the jar is sticky you better ask the guy if a roll of
Toilet paper comes with it because you are going to shit like a crippled coon

I make mine the sour mash way,it is a quality thing for me.

Nothing like firing you pot and waiting for that 1st trickle to come out.

I do use a thump barrel,it keeps the puke out of the worm and lets you know how hard you are running the still.

Those submarine stills like tim uses are made for ease and quantity,not quality.
The mash is made right in th e e cook pot so no buckets and transfer to still.
Arkmx
8/16/2013 6:12am
hillbilly wrote:
Anytime fruit is put into a jar of shine it is hiding something. It could be to simply bringing up yeild,fill jar halfway with shine and...
Anytime fruit is put into a jar of shine it is hiding something.

It could be to simply bringing up yeild,fill jar halfway with shine and stuff the rest with cheap friut.

Other things could be hiding scorched likker.a brown color indicates this.you will hear that it was aged in a barrel.

No one ages shine.if it is burnt it will give you a head busting headache.

If the jar is sticky that indicates the use of sugar and yeast.

You see ,,shine real shine is made from corn,half is shelled then ground into powder,,the other half is sprouted then ground up,this gets the yeast out to work with the sugars in the dried corn.

Water is.added to the 2 types of corn and that is mash,,no added sugar or yeast.

This is sour mash like all of your Tennessee or Kentucky distillers.

When sugar and yeast are added it increases yeild a bunch but if the jar is sticky you better ask the guy if a roll of

I make mine the sour mash way,it is a quality thing for me.

Nothing like firing you pot and waiting for that 1st trickle to come out.

I do use a thump barrel,it keeps the puke out of the worm and lets you know how hard you are running the still.

Those submarine stills like tim uses are made for ease and quantity,not quality.
The mash is made right in th e e cook pot so no buckets and transfer to still.

David... that's some good info there!

I remember when you had some samples for the "Motodrive" gathering one year!

Good to know you are still having fun at home!

Cheers!

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/16/2013 6:24am
Yep, that's some gold right there. Smile
Hammer
8/16/2013 6:41am
David is still speaking the truth!

Could use a shot right now!

Enuf Sed, Hammer
8/16/2013 7:12am
I had a moonshine soaked cherry a couple of weeks ago on a river float. Holy crap, it was exactly like rubbing alcohol, with a twang of cherry. yuck.
At least the guy in the picture above drinks good beer. Smile
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
8/16/2013 7:45am
I made some for at a old time threshing show I attened last weekend.......was not hiding anyhting but I had request for my "lemonade" and it was a hit for sure. Hillbilly i might have a few questions I will PM you.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/16/2013 8:16am
Arkmx wrote:
. David... that's some good info there! I remember when you had some samples for the "Motodrive" gathering one year! Good to know you are still...

David... that's some good info there!

I remember when you had some samples for the "Motodrive" gathering one year!

Good to know you are still having fun at home!

Cheers!

Gota admit, when you first posted the thread I thought it was going to be about Dave. Dave, shine and LL all seem to belong in the same sentence.

Hope you're well Dave.
hillbilly
8/16/2013 9:22am
I,ll tell you all were i been soon,after breaking my leg,tib plateau like burner but mine was much worse,things have been hard.

Not sure how i keep living thru things that should kill me.

A few years after the leg a tractor tire fails on a hillside in woods,the tractor tips but catches in trees,a foot either way and i am crushed.

The a ols areostar van i drive with all my tools,a ton at least,has a caliper fail as i enter a sharp left at 60

Just happens to be a driveway that goes straight,i lauch off the road a good 4 ft in the air and clear almost 2 vanlenths,

It lands like a rokon at skillet lick enduro in 75 at the road jump.

Parts going port and starboard and fluids aft,

I yank the e brake and wait to touchdown,it slides to a stop ,i get out not even raised my heartrate,look it over and this oldman

It hoeing his garden just a 100ft away,i yell, "not my day to die i guess" he walks over and tells me he aint never seen a car fly likethat ,i drive on home using the ebrake.

Then,this past winter i wake up to the smell of 2 stroke and sound of one ideling,

I,m face down and as the mudula oblong gotta reboots i think crash at a track,

As things come in my helmet is gone and my left ear is killing me,,i think it ripped my helmet off and by god this is for sure the death of me.

As i get to my knees a chainsaw is beside me and i have on overalls, i been sawing firewood!!

Do not to this day know what hit me but it messed me up, lost left eyesite for 2 days,bad concussion,and still cant keep thoughts in line,very embarrassing to just forg e t who im talking to and what i was saying.

I have used at least 27 lives easy ,i should write them down but no one would believe me,lol

Ask your questions,i may remember something
Arkmx
8/16/2013 9:51am
hillbilly wrote:
I,ll tell you all were i been soon,after breaking my leg,tib plateau like burner but mine was much worse,things have been hard. Not sure how i...
I,ll tell you all were i been soon,after breaking my leg,tib plateau like burner but mine was much worse,things have been hard.

Not sure how i keep living thru things that should kill me.

A few years after the leg a tractor tire fails on a hillside in woods,the tractor tips but catches in trees,a foot either way and i am crushed.

The a ols areostar van i drive with all my tools,a ton at least,has a caliper fail as i enter a sharp left at 60

Just happens to be a driveway that goes straight,i lauch off the road a good 4 ft in the air and clear almost 2 vanlenths,

It lands like a rokon at skillet lick enduro in 75 at the road jump.

Parts going port and starboard and fluids aft,

I yank the e brake and wait to touchdown,it slides to a stop ,i get out not even raised my heartrate,look it over and this oldman

It hoeing his garden just a 100ft away,i yell, "not my day to die i guess" he walks over and tells me he aint never seen a car fly likethat ,i drive on home using the ebrake.

Then,this past winter i wake up to the smell of 2 stroke and sound of one ideling,

I,m face down and as the mudula oblong gotta reboots i think crash at a track,

As things come in my helmet is gone and my left ear is killing me,,i think it ripped my helmet off and by god this is for sure the death of me.

As i get to my knees a chainsaw is beside me and i have on overalls, i been sawing firewood!!

Do not to this day know what hit me but it messed me up, lost left eyesite for 2 days,bad concussion,and still cant keep thoughts in line,very embarrassing to just forg e t who im talking to and what i was saying.

I have used at least 27 lives easy ,i should write them down but no one would believe me,lol

Ask your questions,i may remember something

Damn Dave, that's just crazy..!

Before that it was your neck, right?

When are you going to get your own reality show...?

lumpy790
8/16/2013 4:40pm
Arkmx wrote:
. Hea Lumpy didn't you have some "Apple Pie" with some Moto Hose coming out of it in the back of the truck? Or was that...

Hea Lumpy didn't you have some "Apple Pie" with some Moto Hose coming out of it in the back of the truck? Or was that one of the new Engine Ice Frosty bottles?

No apple pie but did have a couple moon pies ..... its a southern thing
fcr
8/16/2013 4:54pm

Hahaha
hillbilly
8/19/2013 8:30pm
Yeah,broke my c3,4 3 days after xmas in 03.

I always got away with things,

I could assess the risk of whatever,see my outs and do it.

Just never got scared,fear yes,scared no.

Fear gets your senses sharp,scared stop you.

When i was into whitewater we paddled the gauley,russle fork,chatuga.

Went down the local rivers like nolichucky and frenchbroad over flood stage., god that was fun.

One time in highschool we were camping above the natahala outdoor center. A guy i knew made paddles on that little creek,he was murdered sadly,

But there is a waterfall up there and this is where i made the biggest misjudgment of my life.

Me and mom walked up the road to the base, i said i,m going to climb up to see where the water comes out,the ridge wasn,t that tall ,may 400 feet and i thought it must look cool.

I got up about 200 ft and needed to cross the water,assessed,saw the outs,and slipped,lol.

Assessed wrong and swan dived,i could see mom looking up thru the tree limbs as i screamed.

I covered my head and hit twice before reaching bottom.

As i opened my eyes it was black and i knew i was dead,it was then mom pulled my face out of the water.

The waterfall was about 85 degrees,not vertical. I bounced twice,both times over trees 50 feet tall,

The 2nd hit almost cut my thigh mussel into just from mashing.

I was beat up bad,lost all my fingernails from trying to stop when i first slid.

Needed stitches in elbows but walked into the hospital.

It was a 30 mile drive to the hospital and i musta asked my parents a hundred times,

"Am i alive?"

I could not believe someone could fall that far and live.

That was the biggest miscalculation i ever made
Arkmx
8/20/2013 6:13am
hillbilly wrote:
Yeah,broke my c3,4 3 days after xmas in 03. I always got away with things, I could assess the risk of whatever,see my outs and do...
Yeah,broke my c3,4 3 days after xmas in 03.

I always got away with things,

I could assess the risk of whatever,see my outs and do it.

Just never got scared,fear yes,scared no.

Fear gets your senses sharp,scared stop you.

When i was into whitewater we paddled the gauley,russle fork,chatuga.

Went down the local rivers like nolichucky and frenchbroad over flood stage., god that was fun.

One time in highschool we were camping above the natahala outdoor center. A guy i knew made paddles on that little creek,he was murdered sadly,

But there is a waterfall up there and this is where i made the biggest misjudgment of my life.

Me and mom walked up the road to the base, i said i,m going to climb up to see where the water comes out,the ridge wasn,t that tall ,may 400 feet and i thought it must look cool.

I got up about 200 ft and needed to cross the water,assessed,saw the outs,and slipped,lol.

Assessed wrong and swan dived,i could see mom looking up thru the tree limbs as i screamed.

I covered my head and hit twice before reaching bottom.

As i opened my eyes it was black and i knew i was dead,it was then mom pulled my face out of the water.

The waterfall was about 85 degrees,not vertical. I bounced twice,both times over trees 50 feet tall,

The 2nd hit almost cut my thigh mussel into just from mashing.

I was beat up bad,lost all my fingernails from trying to stop when i first slid.

Needed stitches in elbows but walked into the hospital.

It was a 30 mile drive to the hospital and i musta asked my parents a hundred times,

"Am i alive?"

I could not believe someone could fall that far and live.

That was the biggest miscalculation i ever made

Wholly Crap Dave..! Cat's have nine lives, you must have eighteen Brother!!

You have gone through stuff that would make TP 199 jealous..!

Post a reply to: Moonshiners at LL's this year!

The Latest