Mookie vs Webb

bents
Fantasy
909th
Edited Date/Time 2/7/2022 1:56am
Mookie sure seems pretty spunky these days, while Webb on the other hand has not. One leaves Aldon, one joins Aldon. Coincidence or chaos theory?
|
TXDirt
2/6/2022 5:14pm
Let’s see how spunky he is after a few years and how many titles he gets on Aldons program.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/6/2022 5:54pm
Mookie has never looked this good IMO. In the past, he has shown spurts of speed at certain races depending on the size of the whoops. He's never shown the speed and consistency he has until this year. If he can keep this up, he will be in the hunt by Daytona and then who knows what can happen. He's fit and his mind is right. Frankly, I'm really impressed. If anyone is doing weekly fantasy picks and Malcolm isn't in your top 5 every week, you're a fool.
mb60
2/6/2022 6:31pm
Mookie has about 2 years in him and I think he will be done. Those outdoors will put him through a lot.
bents
Fantasy
909th
2/6/2022 9:05pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Mookie has never looked this good IMO. In the past, he has shown spurts of speed at certain races depending on the size of the whoops...
Mookie has never looked this good IMO. In the past, he has shown spurts of speed at certain races depending on the size of the whoops. He's never shown the speed and consistency he has until this year. If he can keep this up, he will be in the hunt by Daytona and then who knows what can happen. He's fit and his mind is right. Frankly, I'm really impressed. If anyone is doing weekly fantasy picks and Malcolm isn't in your top 5 every week, you're a fool.
This what I'm saying. His confidence level has never looked better from how he is riding because he knows he is fit and doing all the right things to consistently ride at the front of the pack. Very impressive thus far.

The Shop

TrailMaker
2/6/2022 11:23pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Mookie has never looked this good IMO. In the past, he has shown spurts of speed at certain races depending on the size of the whoops...
Mookie has been super-consistent from 2020 onward. I think after he broke his femur in 2019 at A2, he deliberately decided to sacrifice a bit of the edge for consistency. That patience and adoption of the long view had paid off.

Finish Pos by Race 2020:
252 Points, P7 in championship

Finish Pos by Race 2021:
248 Points, P6 in championship

He has been one of the most consistent riders the last two years. Now he is just a bit faster. 1/4 of that I think is just his ongoing progression as a rider. He just keeps getting better. He has worked a lot for instance on his cornering. 1/2 is on Aldon and the improvement in physical condition. He can push to the end of races at speed now. He could not do that before. 1/4 is the new team, new deal, and the natural urgency and pressure you feel when you are the number 1 rider for a team. Heck...right now, he is the number one rider for the entire KTM group of teams.

Put simply, Mookie has become one of the most professional riders in SX.
zehn
2/6/2022 11:52pm
mb60 wrote:
Mookie has about 2 years in him and I think he will be done. Those outdoors will put him through a lot.
Predictable
2/7/2022 3:41am
He’s traditionally fast through the whoops but that seems gone this year. I assume that’s setup, so I think he’s got some more speed coming if they can figure that out. He’s definitely in shape this year and I think that’s a bit different from the past.

Post a reply to: Mookie vs Webb

The Latest