Mookie vs Justin Hill.. who would you give the 450 ride to?

Johnny Ringo
1/25/2018 5:24am
bents wrote:
I vote neither as well. Nothing personal but both of these guys don't have the resume or the consistency of results to bank on being a...
I vote neither as well. Nothing personal but both of these guys don't have the resume or the consistency of results to bank on being a consistent, top tier 450 guy all year round.
So who would you hire?
bents wrote:
Well.....because I am such an expert (j/k of course), I would look to the 250 class with guys that have a higher pedigree of work, a...
Well.....because I am such an expert (j/k of course), I would look to the 250 class with guys that have a higher pedigree of work, a better and more consistent body of results. Savatgy, Mclraith, maybe even Plessinger. Heck maybe even AC. Steal a Baggett or Jeremy Martin down the road shortly? I don't know the length of their contracts but a bunch of guys will be looking to move up soon. I think Savatgy will be a high level 450 guy for a number of years, but, hey, we are just bench racing here. Lets not take this shit too serious. Both Hill and Malcom have a boatload to prove in MX, and neither has been impressive at all outdoors.
Good points. Pless could be really good on that yellow 450.
js451
1/25/2018 5:38am
Mookie fo sho. Faster, stronger, better hair, dabs on them haters

Wells423
1/25/2018 5:46am
MX Guy wrote:
Give hill the ride tell Bogle he needs to figure some things out
Tell the guy who won an overall in the premier class last year to figure stuff out, and give his ride to a kid who is proven to have work ethic issues? Vital theory at its finest!
DEMONDAVE
1/25/2018 6:25am
I REALLY hope there is a performance clause in his contract to get that 450 ride....Im not in the know but it really looks and sounds...
I REALLY hope there is a performance clause in his contract to get that 450 ride....Im not in the know but it really looks and sounds like, for whatever reason Hill isnt giving much of an effort at all on that 250 ad its only a matter of time before Phil starts whooping his ass too!

If they should give that ride to anybody, it should be Phil Nicoletti
/\ THIS 100%

The Shop

MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
1/25/2018 10:06am
MX Guy wrote:
Wells423 wrote:
Tell the guy who won an overall in the premier class last year to figure stuff out, and give his ride to a kid who is...
Tell the guy who won an overall in the premier class last year to figure stuff out, and give his ride to a kid who is proven to have work ethic issues? Vital theory at its finest!
I get the feeling you have some emotion invested in the 19 machine, you want to see him do well and you want him to be recognized as a top tier rider. I'm mature enough to grasp your opinion without taking part in it, and I'm not even going to be ignorant and insult your intelligence like you attempted to do to me.

I fear that the 19 is quickly becoming the new 41, and like I did with Trey, I've given up on being a Bogle fan. I like the dude, I don't wish any negativity on him, I just don't like being disappointed. Justin Hill has more potential in 450SX than Bogle does, that's my opinion.

Understand it, accept it, try not to be ignorant because that pisses me off.
brimx153
1/25/2018 11:26am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 11:27am
MX Guy wrote:
Wells423 wrote:
Tell the guy who won an overall in the premier class last year to figure stuff out, and give his ride to a kid who is...
MX Guy wrote:
I get the feeling you have some emotion invested in the 19 machine, you want to see him do well and you want him to be...
I get the feeling you have some emotion invested in the 19 machine, you want to see him do well and you want him to be recognized as a top tier rider. I'm mature enough to grasp your opinion without taking part in it, and I'm not even going to be ignorant and insult your intelligence like you attempted to do to me.

I fear that the 19 is quickly becoming the new 41, and like I did with Trey, I've given up on being a Bogle fan. I like the dude, I don't wish any negativity on him, I just don't like being disappointed. Justin Hill has more potential in 450SX than Bogle does, that's my opinion.

it was last summer he won an outdoor not 5 years ago .bogle was fast at times in Sx last year too.yes he did nt put it together but did he big time outdoors . picking mookie and hill over bogle is crazy imo .especially mookie.
BigDaddyG
1/25/2018 11:42am
Hill, AC and AP are 3 dudes who next year (AC might not go up next year) will make an immediate impact at the top of the 450 class. All 3 instant podium dudes when they move up.
Motoxdoc
1/25/2018 11:51am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 11:54am
Not a big difference results wise....what, mid pack for both so far? 6 of 1 or half a dozen of the other....choose your poison.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/25/2018 11:54am
jeffro503 wrote:
Think there is more behind the scenes of what's going on with Justin. With Malcolm I think his results could get a little better , I...
Think there is more behind the scenes of what's going on with Justin. With Malcolm I think his results could get a little better , I only hope he sticks with it through the outdoors. If he misses the outdoors again , for the 3rd year in a row.....it'll make 2019 even harder to find a SX ride.

Justin's shit is something I think we'll all hear about later.
If Malcolm skips outdoors again it'll be 4 years in a row. His last outdoor results were in 2014.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
1/25/2018 11:55am
Wells423 wrote:
MX Guy wrote:
I get the feeling you have some emotion invested in the 19 machine, you want to see him do well and you want him to be...

brimx153 wrote:
it was last summer he won an outdoor not 5 years ago .bogle was fast at times in Sx last year too.yes he did nt put...
it was last summer he won an outdoor not 5 years ago .bogle was fast at times in Sx last year too.yes he did nt put it together but did he big time outdoors . picking mookie and hill over bogle is crazy imo .especially mookie.
I get that he won an overall, trust me I understand the importance and I think it's a great accomplishment. Being able to put both types of racing season together (SX and MX) is a pretty big requirement for factory teams, unless there's an option to do only one. If he continues to have trouble putting a season together and putting sponsors on TV then unfortunately his use to a factory team is going to become questionable.
kkawboy14
1/25/2018 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 12:17pm
One thing about Mookie, that kid can bounce off the ground hard and seems to keep on rolling. Bogle seems to be made of glass!

Peick and Mookie for the Tag Team Wrestling Championship!
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
1/25/2018 6:29pm
DF313 wrote:
So obviously there is talk about Hill going to JGR so he can get the 450 ride next year. Lets assume they keep Malcom on for...
So obviously there is talk about Hill going to JGR so he can get the 450 ride next year. Lets assume they keep Malcom on for the rest of the season... I understand Hill is in a different, shortened series, on a different bike sure sure, but given their results so far, would you give the ride to Hill over Malcom?
its a toss up. both suffer from the similiar problem of too much talent and not enough drive.

their talent and skill make sx come easy to them so they dont need to "work" as hard or have to grit it out for a ride. its the same story with Josh Hansen. Incredible skill, but not hungry enough to do the hard work that winning and racing outdoors requires

mx317
2/26/2018 8:32am
Hill made a few posters in this thread eat their words.
tprice07
2/26/2018 8:35am
jeffro503 wrote:
Think there is more behind the scenes of what's going on with Justin. With Malcolm I think his results could get a little better , I...
Think there is more behind the scenes of what's going on with Justin. With Malcolm I think his results could get a little better , I only hope he sticks with it through the outdoors. If he misses the outdoors again , for the 3rd year in a row.....it'll make 2019 even harder to find a SX ride.

-MAVERICK- wrote:
If Malcolm skips outdoors again it'll be 4 years in a row. His last outdoor results were in 2014.
He's not planning on running outdoors this year, right?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/26/2018 8:50am
jeffro503 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
Highly doubt it unless someone picks him up.
tprice07
2/26/2018 9:00am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Bogle out for just SX?

Honda has a couple spots open..
bultokid
2/26/2018 9:40am
Hill will get a full-time factory 450 ride going forward.....case closed
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/26/2018 9:40am
tprice07 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
Bogle out for just SX?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it was said that Bogle was going to be out for the remainder of the SX series and coming back for outdoors.

Honda does have 2 spots open but I don't see that one happening. Who knows? Craig and Martin?

Monster took over from Honda for the Daytona SX so they might not be in a rush to put someone else on the bikes.
tprice07
2/26/2018 10:43am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
Bogle out for just SX?

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong but I think it was said that Bogle was going to be out for the remainder of the SX series and coming back...
Maybe I'm wrong but I think it was said that Bogle was going to be out for the remainder of the SX series and coming back for outdoors.

Honda does have 2 spots open but I don't see that one happening. Who knows? Craig and Martin?

Monster took over from Honda for the Daytona SX so they might not be in a rush to put someone else on the bikes.
Craig on 450 for outdoors would work. Martin is still eligible for 250's, right? So I think he would go after that..
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
2/26/2018 10:49am
DF313 wrote:
So obviously there is talk about Hill going to JGR so he can get the 450 ride next year. Lets assume they keep Malcom on for...
So obviously there is talk about Hill going to JGR so he can get the 450 ride next year. Lets assume they keep Malcom on for the rest of the season... I understand Hill is in a different, shortened series, on a different bike sure sure, but given their results so far, would you give the ride to Hill over Malcom?
hill showed he is a win threat.

mookie hasnt even showed up fit and ready to race

TDeath21
2/26/2018 10:54am
This thread didn’t age well. Hill should do SX only. He can’t be making much money in MX given his results. But maybe he will be better on a 450 though. Normally I’m against a SX only deal, but his ability to do each is so drastically different that he needs to consider it.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/26/2018 11:18am
mx317 wrote:
Hill made a few posters in this thread eat their words.
I still stick by what I said. Still choose mookie because he gives decent results indoors and will be better than Hill outdoors. If Hill can stay on his bike, he will be better indoors, but his outdoor record isn’t that great.
mb60
2/26/2018 11:35am
DF313 wrote:
hill showed he is a win threat.

mookie hasnt even showed up fit and ready to race

How is he not fit and ready to race ?? He was passed by Dean Wilson at the very end for 7th. He'll he beat 14 others riders while staying on the lead lap. Maybe is just not as fast as you think he should be.

Post a reply to: Mookie vs Justin Hill.. who would you give the 450 ride to?

The Latest