Mookie to Star Racing

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2020 5:13 PM

yz133rider wrote:

The one where they did all 17 rounds as usual?

vdrsnk04 wrote:

Yep was def a season with an asterisk. Also him getting 7th in 2020 goes back to my post a page ago that said he’s had one 450 ...more

BS12 wrote:

Stop being a prick.

I mean I get where he's coming from. Mookie really hasn't had anything remarkable happen in the 450s, he had three wins in his SX championship in 2016 & that was his breakout season. I really hope that the Yamaha does well for him & he gets some consistent finishes this year. He ABSOLUTELY has the speed to be upfront, but while he has the speed, he has trouble making it through the season without getting hurt. Mookie is an awesome guy to have in the sport, but he needs a couple of solid seasons without getting hurt before I'll consider him a title threat or a win threat.

|

10/29/2020 5:39 PM

We can work with speed

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

10/29/2020 5:47 PM

vdrsnk04 wrote:

Yep was def a season with an asterisk. Also him getting 7th in 2020 goes back to my post a page ago that said he’s had one 450 ...more

BS12 wrote:

Stop being a prick.

soulberg3 wrote:

I mean I get where he's coming from. Mookie really hasn't had anything remarkable happen in the 450s, he had three wins in his ...more

Well put.

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

10/29/2020 5:49 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

We can work with speed

100% but with as stacked as the field is anymore, speed just isn't enough to win championships anymore. Which is CRAZY to say.

|

10/29/2020 5:54 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

We can work with speed

soulberg3 wrote:

100% but with as stacked as the field is anymore, speed just isn't enough to win championships anymore. Which is CRAZY to say. ...more

I don’t think anyone is calling him a championship guy. I just want to see him blow by some dudes in the whoops and show that speed. Sport is better with Mook on good equipment

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

10/29/2020 5:57 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

We can work with speed

soulberg3 wrote:

100% but with as stacked as the field is anymore, speed just isn't enough to win championships anymore. Which is CRAZY to say. ...more

Johnny Ringo wrote:

I don’t think anyone is calling him a championship guy. I just want to see him blow by some dudes in the whoops and show that ...more

I hope he finishes top 5. If he's getting in shape it'll show. If he shows up outashape like last year in sure Star won't be to happy.

|

10/29/2020 5:57 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

We can work with speed

soulberg3 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

I don’t think anyone is calling him a championship guy. I just want to see him blow by some dudes in the whoops and show that ...more

He is just like his brother in whoops. Just looks like they are a gear higher than anyone else

|

2022 MC350 - the daily, once it gets here
2004 RM144 - The princess
2003 RM250 - Play Bike

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Bike-Builds,46/2004-RM-Corona-build,1374304?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=3

10/29/2020 6:00 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see him race at least a few rounds outdoors. The odds of both Plessinger and Ferrandis not missing a few rounds due to injury is low.

|

10/29/2020 6:06 PM

Mookie gonna win A1 stamp it

|

10/29/2020 6:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2020 9:12 AM

I'd guessthat Malcolm got a decent base and really good bonus structure. He was SOLID at the SLC rounds (With the exception of SLC 4) and he's by far the fastest guy of all the riders that were avail...unless you're thinking they coulda got The Dunge?
grin

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

10/29/2020 6:37 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'd guessthat Malcolm got a decent base and really good bonus structure. He was SOLID at the SLC rounds (With the exception of ...more

Does "Phillthy" have a ride. Hed add lotta emotional direction to a STAR racing program.

|

10/29/2020 8:47 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/29/2020 11:34 PM

chasetwo79 wrote:

Last year was only his 4th full time 450 season since winning the 250 title in 2016. He didn’t race a full season in any of ...more

Dirty Points wrote:

This isn't his first time on a factory 450. He rode for JGR.

That was as a fill-in rider for Bogle. He didn’t sign pre-season and get a bunch of testing or anything in. Not really the same story as him getting almost 3 full months of prep with Yamaha.

He literally joined JGR on In the middle of round 1 and 2 if I remember correctly. He had been training all pre-season as a privateer.

So again -
2016- 250 champ
2017- privateer
2018 - privateer and mid-season fill in for JGR
2019 - broke femur on a semi-factory team
2020- 7th on a semi-factory team

Who is the last rider to do anything top 5 outside of Chad Reed at Seattle on a Suzuki 450 in Supercross? I want JGR to compete with all the factory teams, but they don’t, and I don’t think you can rank them over factory support teams like MCR, RMATV, or even Team Tedder as of last year. They are much more in line results wise, historically with a factory support level team, the equipment and platform has been dated and they get very little support from the manufacturer outside of money, bikes, and parts. Their number 1 signings since 2016 are the other teams’ number 2 or 3 slot riders.

The Austrian and other Japanese factory teams put so much more development, research, testing, and more in comparison. For whatever reason, JGR hasn’t been able to close that gap. Remember when JGR ran Yamahas? No good results there either. If star takes over Yamaha 450s and they have quick success it’s going to make you wonder...

I think MCR had the best bike that Mookie has ever had. that being said, they still have less resources than Star and run a lean operation that’s based on results. It’s easy to see why any pro rider would want the factory money guaranteed and the larger support.

|

10/30/2020 2:44 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

We can work with speed

Especially whoop speed. I've got the fever.

|

10/30/2020 3:48 AM

Max Petro wrote:

Well, that's going to be a little hard to accomplish in 2021. blink

|

Motorcycles have been keeping me smiling for 19 years and counting!

The Chap - My YouTube channel. Trying to share the stoke!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTZ4lNA_xYv6N2DS4L1Now

10/30/2020 5:17 AM

Championship contender, or not, SX is just a little more fun when Mookie is out there. Dude has a style that's unique as hell. Take away the trademark dreads and Seven gear, and you can still pick him out of the crowd. That cat just abuses the track.

|

10/30/2020 6:37 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

How could anyone not pull for this guy after watching this! Go Mookie!

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/30/2020 6:43 AM

Max Petro wrote:

vansnxtweek489 wrote:

Well, that's going to be a little hard to accomplish in 2021. blink

Arlington 1? w00t

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

10/30/2020 6:45 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:
mx317 wrote:

How could anyone not pull for this guy after watching this! Go Mookie!

I thought the same thing!! Dude is honest, doesn't make excuses, and is putting in the work the past couple years.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

10/30/2020 7:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2020 7:05 AM

chasetwo79 wrote:

Last year was only his 4th full time 450 season since winning the 250 title in 2016. He didn’t race a full season in any of ...more

Dirty Points wrote:

This isn't his first time on a factory 450. He rode for JGR.

chasetwo79 wrote:

That was as a fill-in rider for Bogle. He didn’t sign pre-season and get a bunch of testing or anything in. Not really the ...more

Weston Peick had quite a few top 5 finishes in supercross on a Suzuki 450. I believe he had like 4 top 5's in SX.

|

10/30/2020 8:00 AM

The sport is better with him on the line. My opinion is his career to date has been very poorly managed on the Stewarts side and whomever represents them. Not racing outdoors, missing rounds as a privateer, non-negotiable on gear etc etc. The years he was a privateer was by choice. I think they think he should be catered to like James was and he is not James.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

10/30/2020 9:13 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

I'd guessthat Malcolm got a decent base and really good bonus structure. He was SOLID at the SLC rounds (With the exception of ...more

numbers wrote:

Does "Phillthy" have a ride. Hed add lotta emotional direction to a STAR racing program.

I've heard he's shopping his options in Canada. I hope he gets a gig.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

10/30/2020 9:21 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/30/2020 9:22 AM

I miss hearing about "Deathcross".

|

10/30/2020 12:01 PM

Today he was wearing seven and gaernes
Will he wear thor or not?
Yamaha/seven/g's looks cool imo.
But the thor kits are always so fire.

|

rarararaataatatatata

10/30/2020 12:05 PM

MZ193 wrote:

But the thor kits are always ...more

Have you read any of the above posts?
Have you watched the video?
c'mon guy

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

10/30/2020 12:10 PM

MZ193 wrote:

MX Culture wrote:

c'mon guy

No, i didn't because i just got home.
Just opened IG and seen his post with seven and gaerne. Sorry

|

rarararaataatatatata

10/30/2020 12:17 PM

Was funny to hear about stock bikes..2 years in garage and then fullsend at track... bikes cant take it.

|

10/30/2020 12:21 PM

MZ193 wrote:

MX Culture wrote:

c'mon guy

Actually it’s suppose he shouted like this...

C’mon, Man!!!

|

10/30/2020 12:34 PM

MZ193 wrote:

MX Culture wrote:

c'mon guy

TeamGreen wrote:

Actually it’s suppose he shouted like this...

C’mon, Man!!!

"You know, the thing"

|