Mookie to Star Racing

vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
10/29/2020 5:47pm
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Yep was def a season with an asterisk. Also him getting 7th in 2020 goes back to my post a page ago that said he’s had...
Yep was def a season with an asterisk. Also him getting 7th in 2020 goes back to my post a page ago that said he’s had one 450 season with a top 10 finish in 4 seasons. So I don’t see why people say he’s a Champ contender or why he deserves a top factory ride. His average 450 career finish is 16th place....
BS12 wrote:
Stop being a prick.
soulberg3 wrote:
I mean I get where he's coming from. Mookie really hasn't had anything remarkable happen in the 450s, he had three wins in his SX championship...
I mean I get where he's coming from. Mookie really hasn't had anything remarkable happen in the 450s, he had three wins in his SX championship in 2016 & that was his breakout season. I really hope that the Yamaha does well for him & he gets some consistent finishes this year. He ABSOLUTELY has the speed to be upfront, but while he has the speed, he has trouble making it through the season without getting hurt. Mookie is an awesome guy to have in the sport, but he needs a couple of solid seasons without getting hurt before I'll consider him a title threat or a win threat.
Well put.
soulberg3
10/29/2020 5:49pm
We can work with speed
100% but with as stacked as the field is anymore, speed just isn't enough to win championships anymore. Which is CRAZY to say.
Johnny Ringo
10/29/2020 5:54pm
We can work with speed
soulberg3 wrote:
100% but with as stacked as the field is anymore, speed just isn't enough to win championships anymore. Which is CRAZY to say.
I don’t think anyone is calling him a championship guy. I just want to see him blow by some dudes in the whoops and show that speed. Sport is better with Mook on good equipment

The Shop

numbers
10/29/2020 5:57pm
We can work with speed
soulberg3 wrote:
I don’t think anyone is calling him a championship guy. I just want to see him blow by some dudes in the whoops and show that...
I don’t think anyone is calling him a championship guy. I just want to see him blow by some dudes in the whoops and show that speed. Sport is better with Mook on good equipment
I hope he finishes top 5. If he's getting in shape it'll show. If he shows up outashape like last year in sure Star won't be to happy.
Ryan625
10/29/2020 5:57pm
We can work with speed
soulberg3 wrote:
I don’t think anyone is calling him a championship guy. I just want to see him blow by some dudes in the whoops and show that...
He is just like his brother in whoops. Just looks like they are a gear higher than anyone else
10/29/2020 6:00pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see him race at least a few rounds outdoors. The odds of both Plessinger and Ferrandis not missing a few rounds due to injury is low.
TeamGreen
10/29/2020 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2020 9:12am
I'd guessthat Malcolm got a decent base and really good bonus structure. He was SOLID at the SLC rounds (With the exception of SLC 4) and he's by far the fastest guy of all the riders that were avail...unless you're thinking they coulda got The Dunge?
Grinning
numbers
10/29/2020 6:37pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'd guessthat Malcolm got a decent base and really good bonus structure. He was SOLID at the SLC rounds (With the exception of SLC 4) and...
I'd guessthat Malcolm got a decent base and really good bonus structure. He was SOLID at the SLC rounds (With the exception of SLC 4) and he's by far the fastest guy of all the riders that were avail...unless you're thinking they coulda got The Dunge?
Grinning
Does "Phillthy" have a ride. Hed add lotta emotional direction to a STAR racing program.
chasetwo79
10/29/2020 11:34pm
chasetwo79 wrote:
Last year was only his 4th full time 450 season since winning the 250 title in 2016. He didn’t race a full season in any of...
Last year was only his 4th full time 450 season since winning the 250 title in 2016. He didn’t race a full season in any of the first three years and in 2019 with the broken femur he missed all but 3 rounds.

So collectively coming into 2020 he had about two seasons worth of races under his belt. He also landed on the best equipment of his 450 career. Put the two together and he had his best year ever. Now he’s on factory equipment for the first time on a 450.

With a move to an even higher level team, higher expectations, and a strong year under his belt I think it’s reasonable to expect him to improve, barring injury.

I think he needs to be 4-6th in points, win his first career 450 race, or get several podiums to meet expectations for next year.

It isn’t unreasonable to expect him to improve for the next 2-3 seasons before hitting a wall. He is still going, just now hitting his physical prime, and has continuity with a trainer.

If he stays healthy, I think he is the best rider on the team next year, with some close battles with DF who will crash out of a few races as all rookies do.

This year is gonna be so sick.
This isn't his first time on a factory 450. He rode for JGR.
That was as a fill-in rider for Bogle. He didn’t sign pre-season and get a bunch of testing or anything in. Not really the same story as him getting almost 3 full months of prep with Yamaha.

He literally joined JGR on In the middle of round 1 and 2 if I remember correctly. He had been training all pre-season as a privateer.

So again -
2016- 250 champ
2017- privateer
2018 - privateer and mid-season fill in for JGR
2019 - broke femur on a semi-factory team
2020- 7th on a semi-factory team

Who is the last rider to do anything top 5 outside of Chad Reed at Seattle on a Suzuki 450 in Supercross? I want JGR to compete with all the factory teams, but they don’t, and I don’t think you can rank them over factory support teams like MCR, RMATV, or even Team Tedder as of last year. They are much more in line results wise, historically with a factory support level team, the equipment and platform has been dated and they get very little support from the manufacturer outside of money, bikes, and parts. Their number 1 signings since 2016 are the other teams’ number 2 or 3 slot riders.

The Austrian and other Japanese factory teams put so much more development, research, testing, and more in comparison. For whatever reason, JGR hasn’t been able to close that gap. Remember when JGR ran Yamahas? No good results there either. If star takes over Yamaha 450s and they have quick success it’s going to make you wonder...

I think MCR had the best bike that Mookie has ever had. that being said, they still have less resources than Star and run a lean operation that’s based on results. It’s easy to see why any pro rider would want the factory money guaranteed and the larger support.
DoctorJD
10/30/2020 5:17am
Championship contender, or not, SX is just a little more fun when Mookie is out there. Dude has a style that's unique as hell. Take away the trademark dreads and Seven gear, and you can still pick him out of the crowd. That cat just abuses the track.
mx317
10/30/2020 6:37am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
How could anyone not pull for this guy after watching this! Go Mookie!
USA
Fantasy
507th
10/30/2020 6:43am
Max Petro wrote:
Mookie gonna win A1 stamp it
Well, that's going to be a little hard to accomplish in 2021. Blink
Arlington 1? Woohoo
USA
Fantasy
507th
10/30/2020 6:45am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
mx317 wrote:
How could anyone not pull for this guy after watching this! Go Mookie!
I thought the same thing!! Dude is honest, doesn't make excuses, and is putting in the work the past couple years.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
10/30/2020 7:05am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2020 7:05am
chasetwo79 wrote:
Last year was only his 4th full time 450 season since winning the 250 title in 2016. He didn’t race a full season in any of...
Last year was only his 4th full time 450 season since winning the 250 title in 2016. He didn’t race a full season in any of the first three years and in 2019 with the broken femur he missed all but 3 rounds.

So collectively coming into 2020 he had about two seasons worth of races under his belt. He also landed on the best equipment of his 450 career. Put the two together and he had his best year ever. Now he’s on factory equipment for the first time on a 450.

With a move to an even higher level team, higher expectations, and a strong year under his belt I think it’s reasonable to expect him to improve, barring injury.

I think he needs to be 4-6th in points, win his first career 450 race, or get several podiums to meet expectations for next year.

It isn’t unreasonable to expect him to improve for the next 2-3 seasons before hitting a wall. He is still going, just now hitting his physical prime, and has continuity with a trainer.

If he stays healthy, I think he is the best rider on the team next year, with some close battles with DF who will crash out of a few races as all rookies do.

This year is gonna be so sick.
This isn't his first time on a factory 450. He rode for JGR.
chasetwo79 wrote:
That was as a fill-in rider for Bogle. He didn’t sign pre-season and get a bunch of testing or anything in. Not really the same story...
That was as a fill-in rider for Bogle. He didn’t sign pre-season and get a bunch of testing or anything in. Not really the same story as him getting almost 3 full months of prep with Yamaha.

He literally joined JGR on In the middle of round 1 and 2 if I remember correctly. He had been training all pre-season as a privateer.

So again -
2016- 250 champ
2017- privateer
2018 - privateer and mid-season fill in for JGR
2019 - broke femur on a semi-factory team
2020- 7th on a semi-factory team

Who is the last rider to do anything top 5 outside of Chad Reed at Seattle on a Suzuki 450 in Supercross? I want JGR to compete with all the factory teams, but they don’t, and I don’t think you can rank them over factory support teams like MCR, RMATV, or even Team Tedder as of last year. They are much more in line results wise, historically with a factory support level team, the equipment and platform has been dated and they get very little support from the manufacturer outside of money, bikes, and parts. Their number 1 signings since 2016 are the other teams’ number 2 or 3 slot riders.

The Austrian and other Japanese factory teams put so much more development, research, testing, and more in comparison. For whatever reason, JGR hasn’t been able to close that gap. Remember when JGR ran Yamahas? No good results there either. If star takes over Yamaha 450s and they have quick success it’s going to make you wonder...

I think MCR had the best bike that Mookie has ever had. that being said, they still have less resources than Star and run a lean operation that’s based on results. It’s easy to see why any pro rider would want the factory money guaranteed and the larger support.
Weston Peick had quite a few top 5 finishes in supercross on a Suzuki 450. I believe he had like 4 top 5's in SX.
8tensolutions
10/30/2020 8:00am
The sport is better with him on the line. My opinion is his career to date has been very poorly managed on the Stewarts side and whomever represents them. Not racing outdoors, missing rounds as a privateer, non-negotiable on gear etc etc. The years he was a privateer was by choice. I think they think he should be catered to like James was and he is not James.
TeamGreen
10/30/2020 9:13am
TeamGreen wrote:
I'd guessthat Malcolm got a decent base and really good bonus structure. He was SOLID at the SLC rounds (With the exception of SLC 4) and...
Grinning
numbers wrote:
Does "Phillthy" have a ride. Hed add lotta emotional direction to a STAR racing program.
I've heard he's shopping his options in Canada. I hope he gets a gig.
RyanD797
Fantasy
302nd
10/30/2020 9:22am
I miss hearing about "Deathcross".
MZ193
10/30/2020 12:01pm
Today he was wearing seven and gaernes
Will he wear thor or not?
Yamaha/seven/g's looks cool imo.
But the thor kits are always so fire.
MX Culture
10/30/2020 12:05pm
MZ193 wrote:
Have you read any of the above posts?
Have you watched the video?
c'mon guy
MZ193
10/30/2020 12:10pm
MZ193 wrote:
MX Culture wrote:
Have you read any of the above posts? Have you watched the video? c'mon guy
c'mon guy
No, i didn't because i just got home.
Just opened IG and seen his post with seven and gaerne. Sorry
tek14
10/30/2020 12:17pm
Was funny to hear about stock bikes..2 years in garage and then fullsend at track... bikes cant take it.
TeamGreen
10/30/2020 12:21pm
MZ193 wrote:
MX Culture wrote:
c'mon guy
Actually it’s suppose he shouted like this...

C’mon, Man!!!
rdrurypi
10/30/2020 12:34pm
MZ193 wrote:
MX Culture wrote:
c'mon guy
TeamGreen wrote:
Actually it’s suppose he shouted like this...

C’mon, Man!!!
"You know, the thing"
Conkey
10/30/2020 8:46pm
Rumor is Mookie is only making money off his gear deals.

Post a reply to: Mookie to Star Racing

The Latest