Mookie live right now

DYE
Mookie is live right now on Transworld FB page.
|
DYE
11/11/2016 9:05am
Lots of good answers in there. Would post a link but facebook is blocked at work and I'm watching it on my phone.
mx836
11/11/2016 9:17am
Can't find i t at that link ^^^^^
11/11/2016 9:28am
He sounds like a pussy, I bet js7 has enough money to run a team for a couple years. If they would be really commited to get there and race for a champioships they would put their money on the table and run their own team. "Why did you sat out the outdoors? - I don't know man." i mean.. wtf

The Shop

TSCHAM101
11/11/2016 9:34am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 9:34am
Europedude wrote:
He sounds like a pussy, I bet js7 has enough money to run a team for a couple years. If they would be really commited to...
He sounds like a pussy, I bet js7 has enough money to run a team for a couple years. If they would be really commited to get there and race for a champioships they would put their money on the table and run their own team. "Why did you sat out the outdoors? - I don't know man." i mean.. wtf
Put your money where your mouth is.. pay for it if its soo slim of a margin.. be the big man.. dont be a pussy, pay for it..
tprice07
11/11/2016 9:41am
Europedude wrote:
He sounds like a pussy, I bet js7 has enough money to run a team for a couple years. If they would be really commited to...
Man you have no idea what you are talking about.

Malcolm put his money on the table already. He bought a bike. He got out there. He proved himself. He got on a team and won a damn championship.

James and Malcolm are two different people. James has his own business. Dropping hundreds of thousands into a race team vs into his own company would be a poor decision. Race teams are not all that profitable. Especially when you have so many unknowns.

Show some respect.
gabrielito
11/11/2016 9:45am
Europedude wrote:
Dude, these guys are dirt bike racers not business people. They can't run a race team any better than you could pilot an airplane.
11/11/2016 9:57am
Are 20-30th placed guys riding $200,000 bikes?

I feel like they dont want to accept that they might have to get 4 Hondas, get suspension revalved for them, bolt on some parts and go racing.

Id much rather see them out there busting their balls to get 14th place than sitting the side lines.

Stankdog can't possible be riding more than a $15,000 bike with 10-15k in parts....or is he?
cameron96
11/11/2016 10:04am
Maintain a 15,000$ bike over a 17 race series spanning North America. Plus freight and travel for a few crew guys.

200,000 range per guy. That's a minimum I think
TommyLee93
11/11/2016 10:05am
Europedude wrote:
Europedude, you are a fucking idiot. That is all.
CLT809
Fantasy
16th
11/11/2016 10:24am
Are 20-30th placed guys riding $200,000 bikes? I feel like they dont want to accept that they might have to get 4 Hondas, get suspension revalved...

I feel like they dont want to accept that they might have to get 4 Hondas, get suspension revalved for them, bolt on some parts and go racing.

Id much rather see them out there busting their balls to get 14th place than sitting the side lines.

Stankdog can't possible be riding more than a $15,000 bike with 10-15k in parts....or is he?
Couple of things about that,
1. I think it is safe to say a large 250 SX champion will be better than 20-30th place on a 450, so lets compare it to 5-20th place. He doesn't want a half-hearted program that might cause him to slip in results and cause him to get written off.

2. Getting the four hondas and a revalve doesn't really scratch the surface. Getting a vehicle to travel the country with his bikes, fly himself and whoever goes with him, hotels, entries, fuel, engine/ecu/suspension packages (those aren't free, they are just budgeted in with sponsorship $), competent staff to maintain that equipment, and drive a truck, it ads up quick. I recall someone (either DV or Genova) at MotoConcepts once saying in an interview it cost 100 or 200k to take on an additional rider.

3. I'm sure Steinke runs his program on a much smaller budget, however it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison in terms of results (not a knock towards Gared, he's super friendly and gets a ton of exposure).

4. He said he'll try to be there, hopefully he'll make it to the gate and get picked up either before A1 or soon after.
Charper732
11/11/2016 10:34am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 10:36am
cameron96 wrote:
Maintain a 15,000$ bike over a 17 race series spanning North America. Plus freight and travel for a few crew guys. 200,000 range per guy. That's...
Maintain a 15,000$ bike over a 17 race series spanning North America. Plus freight and travel for a few crew guys.

200k per guy...I hope you're talking per rider...
11/11/2016 10:36am
Europedude wrote:
Yeah fuck it, right? The man only has a family to take care for the rest of his life but why not not bet it all on the line so that he can appease you!!

Obviously you dont realize what has to come together to run your own race team....get a clue!!

11/11/2016 10:42am
Are 20-30th placed guys riding $200,000 bikes? I feel like they dont want to accept that they might have to get 4 Hondas, get suspension revalved...

Point is that neither one of these guys should have to race for free!!! Not too mention niether of them have much to prove.

I love how people think that all you have to do is get a couple of bikes and revalve some suspension....walk into any motorsports shop and ask if they run an amatuer race team and see what it take to run a basic team. Then after they tell you how much work and money/time it takes to run an unknown district type race program/season, ask them what it would take to run a PROFESSIONAL race team?
twotwosix
11/11/2016 10:45am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 10:46am
Europedude wrote:
TommyLee93 wrote:
Europedude, you are a fucking idiot. That is all.
^^^ This. Would you pay your employer so you could go to work?
11/11/2016 10:57am
cameron96 wrote:
Maintain a 15,000$ bike over a 17 race series spanning North America. Plus freight and travel for a few crew guys. 200,000 range per guy. That's...

These are not 15,000 dollar bikes...specially what James has been riding the past 10 years or so...

Yes they are not works bikes like they once were, but they are still very expensive machines. Bikes today are just getting better and better from the factory year after year, but motors alone can go into that range after it is all said and done...a lot of machining and r&d go into these new machines every year. Factory make 20 pieces of almost everything to tune and test, look at jgr wjo is not factory but is spending the same amount of money...I love what they do and couldnt believe they didnt get factory yamaha to show support...they build almost everything in house...a lot of money goes into testing, its not just buying a bike and changing shock valving and exhaust. Us mortals can get away with that, but professional racers feel everything. Little changes make up seconds on a track...
TSCHAM101
11/11/2016 11:00am
cameron96 wrote:

These are not 15,000 dollar bikes...specially what James has been riding the past 10 years or so... Yes they are not works bikes like they once...
These are not 15,000 dollar bikes...specially what James has been riding the past 10 years or so...

Yes they are not works bikes like they once were, but they are still very expensive machines. Bikes today are just getting better and better from the factory year after year, but motors alone can go into that range after it is all said and done...a lot of machining and r&d go into these new machines every year. Factory make 20 pieces of almost everything to tune and test, look at jgr wjo is not factory but is spending the same amount of money...I love what they do and couldnt believe they didnt get factory yamaha to show support...they build almost everything in house...a lot of money goes into testing, its not just buying a bike and changing shock valving and exhaust. Us mortals can get away with that, but professional racers feel everything. Little changes make up seconds on a track...
i would be willing to make a bet that these bikes are around 40-50k a bike.. i personally know a few guys who built a supermini and it was 20k.. and thats just a super mini (kx) and they do their stuff in house(after the realization of what needs to be spent to be competitive they opened a race shop).. and thats not even maintaining the bike..
cameron96
11/11/2016 11:01am
cameron96 wrote:

These are not 15,000 dollar bikes...specially what James has been riding the past 10 years or so... Yes they are not works bikes like they once...

Yeah man exactly!! I'm saying if you even just raced a 15000$ bike it will end up at 200k for the season

Try a 50,000 bike and it's probably 800k + a year!

I'd rather go fishing than fit that bill
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
11/11/2016 11:43am

CLT809 wrote:
Couple of things about that, 1. I think it is safe to say a large 250 SX champion will be better than 20-30th place on a...
Couple of things about that,
1. I think it is safe to say a large 250 SX champion will be better than 20-30th place on a 450, so lets compare it to 5-20th place. He doesn't want a half-hearted program that might cause him to slip in results and cause him to get written off.

2. Getting the four hondas and a revalve doesn't really scratch the surface. Getting a vehicle to travel the country with his bikes, fly himself and whoever goes with him, hotels, entries, fuel, engine/ecu/suspension packages (those aren't free, they are just budgeted in with sponsorship $), competent staff to maintain that equipment, and drive a truck, it ads up quick. I recall someone (either DV or Genova) at MotoConcepts once saying in an interview it cost 100 or 200k to take on an additional rider.

3. I'm sure Steinke runs his program on a much smaller budget, however it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison in terms of results (not a knock towards Gared, he's super friendly and gets a ton of exposure).

4. He said he'll try to be there, hopefully he'll make it to the gate and get picked up either before A1 or soon after.
Stank dog was running a shoe string budget. If they had extra money for the program he wouldve had an easier summer. They couldnt push the motors power much cuz it cuts reliability but they eventually ran into issues with the motor grenading. plus he was on a 125 which is much cheaper to build up vs a 250f
Zaugg
11/11/2016 11:43am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 11:51am
I love how everyone here, who has a regular job, complains that a guy who makes his living racing should just go out and race for free or for nearly nothing.

You planning to go to your job for free? Take a huge pay cut? Yeah, I didn't think so.

These guys want to race but racing involves risk. It's pretty selfish for a person to bash a racer for not racing because he's not willing to make you happy.

Let's ask Chad Reed how that worked out.

There's more to Mookie's story than we'll ever know. If he lines up at A1. Great. If he doesn't...Can't say that I blame him.

11/11/2016 12:09pm
Europedude wrote:
Yeah fuck it, right? The man only has a family to take care for the rest of his life but why not not bet it all...
Yeah fuck it, right? The man only has a family to take care for the rest of his life but why not not bet it all on the line so that he can appease you!!

Obviously you dont realize what has to come together to run your own race team....get a clue!!

Funny how Reed never had his own TV show, never had his own clothing brand, wasn't a fastest man on the planet and still managed to go with his own team in 2011, he worked his ass off and killed it. I think it depends on how bad u want it. Obviously I'm just a keyboard warrior who never achived anything, but that's my opinion.
tek14
11/11/2016 12:16pm
Zaugg wrote:
I love how everyone here, who has a regular job, complains that a guy who makes his living racing should just go out and race for...
I love how everyone here, who has a regular job, complains that a guy who makes his living racing should just go out and race for free or for nearly nothing.

You planning to go to your job for free? Take a huge pay cut? Yeah, I didn't think so.

These guys want to race but racing involves risk. It's pretty selfish for a person to bash a racer for not racing because he's not willing to make you happy.

Let's ask Chad Reed how that worked out.

There's more to Mookie's story than we'll ever know. If he lines up at A1. Great. If he doesn't...Can't say that I blame him.

Yeah i do have regular job and all money goes to bikes, rides and races.. not free but I also pay to ride low level races and get beat by guys that aren't even shape to ride. Wink

Anyways he can go to first SX races with box van and bike.. sure he will get bike to show up before someone like Grant gets hurt again.

Building whole team to race SX and MX -17 would take so much effort and money.. imagine just to pay salary for 10-20 people and their traveling cost and not even get to bikes and truck.
TSCHAM101
11/11/2016 12:26pm
Europedude wrote:
Yeah fuck it, right? The man only has a family to take care for the rest of his life but why not not bet it all...

Europedude wrote:
Funny how Reed never had his own TV show, never had his own clothing brand, wasn't a fastest man on the planet and still managed to...
Funny how Reed never had his own TV show, never had his own clothing brand, wasn't a fastest man on the planet and still managed to go with his own team in 2011, he worked his ass off and killed it. I think it depends on how bad u want it. Obviously I'm just a keyboard warrior who never achived anything, but that's my opinion.
And theres a reason why the team isnt around anymore.. use your noggin
11/11/2016 1:02pm

Europedude wrote:
Funny how Reed never had his own TV show, never had his own clothing brand, wasn't a fastest man on the planet and still managed to...
TSCHAM101 wrote:
And theres a reason why the team isnt around anymore.. use your noggin
Yeah.. there was no results so twotwo lost sponsors... let's be honest, I'm a big fan of James and Malcolm but I think Reed has more passion to Motocross than both Stewarts combined. As Malcolm said, he nearly quit mx because of fishing.. lmao.

kongols
11/11/2016 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 2:30pm
11/11/2016 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2016 2:45pm
I'm just sayin that he sounds like a pussy that's all, he's complaining about being on a small bike, fighting for 15h position while Cooper Webb claims two championships with broken wrist.

Stewarts are just weird for me, sometimes they look like they are desperate to make it happen and after that they just dissapear, eventually coming back with "I don't know" attitude.

Maybe I shouldn't use words like pussy, it's in fact disrespectful but what can I say... I can be positive and wish him the best or say what I really think. If I would have a chance to race these outdoors, I would. Man, I would kill to have a chance to race motocross.
kongols
11/11/2016 2:47pm
He should just keep quiet like James does. You can`t win with people nowadays.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
11/11/2016 2:49pm
Europedude wrote:
Yeah.. there was no results so twotwo lost sponsors... let's be honest, I'm a big fan of James and Malcolm but I think Reed has more...
Yeah.. there was no results so twotwo lost sponsors... let's be honest, I'm a big fan of James and Malcolm but I think Reed has more passion to Motocross than both Stewarts combined. As Malcolm said, he nearly quit mx because of fishing.. lmao.

Reed lost money. He made and probably still makes money from smart investments, at this point i'm willing to bet that brings him in more than his racing ever has or will.

Who knows what Stewarts finances are like and it doesn't matter. No matter how rich or poor he is, with a family to think about I think its pretty rude to expect him to risk his future just so he can entertain the fans and prove his "passion" to you.

If nobody's willing to pay them to race then don't race. Maybe they buy a couple of bikes and ride at home on the weekends for fun like everyone else in the world. Or is it only passion if you show up at A1 and put your life on the line, even if your circumstances dictate you wont be as successful as you could be? If that's the case then none of us are passionate about mx either.
Tpog496
11/11/2016 2:50pm
Europedude wrote:
I'm just sayin that he sounds like a pussy that's all, he's complaining about being on a small bike, fighting for 15h position while Cooper Webb...
I'm just sayin that he sounds like a pussy that's all, he's complaining about being on a small bike, fighting for 15h position while Cooper Webb claims two championships with broken wrist.

Stewarts are just weird for me, sometimes they look like they are desperate to make it happen and after that they just dissapear, eventually coming back with "I don't know" attitude.

Maybe I shouldn't use words like pussy, it's in fact disrespectful but what can I say... I can be positive and wish him the best or say what I really think. If I would have a chance to race these outdoors, I would. Man, I would kill to have a chance to race motocross.
So you don't even race motocross and your on here calling a professional supercross champion a pussy? You're why this site gets a bad rap.
11/11/2016 2:54pm
Europedude wrote:
Yeah.. there was no results so twotwo lost sponsors... let's be honest, I'm a big fan of James and Malcolm but I think Reed has more...

haydos25 wrote:
Reed lost money. He made and probably still makes money from smart investments, at this point i'm willing to bet that brings him in more than...
Reed lost money. He made and probably still makes money from smart investments, at this point i'm willing to bet that brings him in more than his racing ever has or will.

Who knows what Stewarts finances are like and it doesn't matter. No matter how rich or poor he is, with a family to think about I think its pretty rude to expect him to risk his future just so he can entertain the fans and prove his "passion" to you.

If nobody's willing to pay them to race then don't race. Maybe they buy a couple of bikes and ride at home on the weekends for fun like everyone else in the world. Or is it only passion if you show up at A1 and put your life on the line, even if your circumstances dictate you wont be as successful as you could be? If that's the case then none of us are passionate about mx either.
Well said.

Post a reply to: Mookie live right now

The Latest