Mookie last weekend Barcia this weekend

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2019 10:23 PM

Sucks to see how brutal this sport is. Hopefully the 51 isn’t to beat up. Not to mention WP and Osborne not getting to start the season. I hate to see some heavy hitters out this soon in the season.

|

1/19/2019 10:27 PM

That's exactly what I thought when I saw JB laying there in obvious pain. Deep field but this sport can bite you at any time.

|

1/19/2019 10:29 PM

anyone have a video of it? didnt catch it live, just noticed he was “out” before the race was over

|

1/19/2019 10:32 PM

They showed a replay but it didn’t show the impact. He basically ejected feet first in a rhythm lane. He did limp off with some assistance after being down for a while. Hopefully nothing to major.

|

1/19/2019 10:32 PM

This is supercross’ new logo for 2020.
Photo

|

1/19/2019 10:35 PM

Imo the bikes have evolved to the point that they have become to fast and the suspension to good etc.
Its time to start doing something to slow it down
By
Track design
Power
Electronics
Suspension
Something or maybe a combination of things
The speeds have gotten faster, the jumps have gotten bigger, but the ground hasnt gotten any softer.

|

1/19/2019 10:35 PM

levimx22 wrote:

anyone have a video of it? didnt catch it live, just noticed he was “out” before the race was over

He had to step through the bars in the air while going through the rhythm section, kinda reminded me of Kenny's crash. I couldn't see the landing though

|

1/19/2019 11:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2019 11:21 PM

I was there didn't see the crash but it happened right in front of me. He didn't move for about 15 seconds then pointed towards his lower back/tail bone a few times. They kinda dragged him across the track and before the Rhyno took him away he was moving both of his legs. It was scary, would like to see footage of the crash. Hope he only misses a few races. He looked very messed up.

|

Life's a garden, dig it.

1996 CR250R
2016 YZ450F
2001 Suzuki Bandit 600

1/20/2019 6:05 AM

Maybe they could try to fit some more whoops and jumps in every inch of the track...what could possibly go wrong with no room for error for every inch of every track?

|

1/20/2019 6:15 AM

David bailey was paralyzed in the 80s. The sport has always been dangerous. You dont think a 500cc 2 stroke with 2 inches of suspension was dangerous back in the day?

|

1/20/2019 6:17 AM

drt410 wrote:

David bailey was paralyzed in the 80s. The sport has always been dangerous. You dont think a 500cc 2 stroke with 2 inches of suspension was dangerous back in the day?

Yep adding a jump and whoops in every inch of the track absolutely has not added any risks in any way.

|

1/20/2019 4:34 PM

drt410 wrote:

Thank you. We hear the same shit every year.

You think hitting a big jump on a FI 4 stroke is more dangerous than a carbureted 2 stroke?

And it's not jumps and whoops covering every inch of the track either. Jessy Nelson was paralyzed outdoors in a turn. Brad Baker, a flat tracker, was paralyzed last year on a track with no jumps.

If you're not into it go race stock cars. Nice comfy roll cage to keep you safe and sound. Motorcycles are dangerous shit. It's not for everyone.

|

1/20/2019 4:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 4:48 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Imo the bikes have evolved to the point that they have become to fast and the suspension to good etc.
Its time to start doing something to slow it down
By
Track design
Power
Electronics
Suspension
Something or maybe a combination of things
The speeds have gotten faster, the jumps have gotten bigger, but the ground hasnt gotten any softer.

Personally, I think they have slowed things down by being more technical, etc. A few riders have mentioned how the lap times have been longer this season.

As far as Justin, let's see how this weekend plays out before we move him to the injured column with Mookie.

|

1/20/2019 4:56 PM

Justin is still close to the points lead.

Hopefully with this week off the bike he can heal up enough to be able to race and work through it. Depends how banged up he is, it looked ugly!

|