Mookie improving

observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 10:54am
Slow but steady improvement all season. Gotta give it to him, he’s been fairly consistent and has done as well as I’d hoped! Hopefully JGRs expectations are being met as well. Happy for mook
|
Ted722
3/3/2018 6:40am
Milsaps, Roczen, Grant, Barcia, Seely agree.
agn5009
3/3/2018 6:44am
The only thing Mookie has improved on is not crashing and being taken out of the series.

He's only doing better because so many guys ahead of him have been injured.
MX-LIFE.
3/3/2018 7:00am
agn5009 wrote:
The only thing Mookie has improved on is not crashing and being taken out of the series. He's only doing better because so many guys ahead...
The only thing Mookie has improved on is not crashing and being taken out of the series.

And he hasn't crashed and burned! So he is doing very well all the Reed fans belie when Reed Always says you have to be in it to win it! So there it is he is doing just fine! Smdh fucking haters..

The Shop

Drtbykr
3/3/2018 7:11am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 7:13am
I like Mookie, love JS7. So exciting to watch, saw him in TO and he had an adventurous night.

Also know what it like when your brother is a superstar and you’re just good. (hawky).

I hope he enjoys his time but he will never see a 450 podium even with the incredible attrition. It just takes more....everything.
Hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

He should come to Canada and do the Nationals, I’ll drive him around the east. I thought it was cool when Davi Millsaps said he regretted not coming up here more summers.
Johnny Depp
3/3/2018 8:14am
I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned that this was his 1st week of testing on the bike. Being on the East Coast near HQ has it's advantages. Let's see what happens. It was pretty cool to see the JGR boys all running a freight train in Tampa in the main. Lot's of riders out, but he still beat Bagget, Brayton, Freise and his teammate Pieck. Not bad.
He still hasn't got his lap times ever into the elite group, maybe some testing will find him another second and move him up with the contenders? And he's lurking around for a top 10 season after missing a few rounds. His plan is still working pretty good, at least he's not paying his own way. Next step up, then the big paychecks. IDGAF if he rides outdoors.
71Fish
3/3/2018 8:28am
agn5009 wrote:
The only thing Mookie has improved on is not crashing and being taken out of the series. He's only doing better because so many guys ahead...

You gotta be in it to win it.
Mikep147
3/3/2018 8:49am
3rd in Open Practice 450A, like to see him get a good solid finish.
agn5009
3/3/2018 8:51am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 8:52am
agn5009 wrote:

71Fish wrote:
That wasn't the statement made by op. He said he's been improving. He hasn't been improving. He's still consistently being beat by guys who beat him in the beginning of the year. Minus the guys who are out with injuries obviously. If you want to have this train of thought then essentially everyone except Jason Anderson has been improving all year long since 2nd place riders in the championship (roczen, Barcia and Seeley) have all gone out with injuries while being behind only Anderson.

Good on Mookie for keeping it on two wheels up until this point. He's made it significantly farther than most thought he would. But don't act like he himself is improving his results because he's not. Riders going out with injuries are improving his results. When he's finishing around 10th place and Roczen, Seely, Barcia and Grant (guys who no one can deny beat Mookie on a regular basis) are all out then it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he would be right around 15th place. Which is exactly where he was at the beginning of the year and is exactly where anyone with a brain would expect him to be.
Johnny Depp
3/3/2018 9:14am
agn5009 wrote:

71Fish wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
That wasn't the statement made by op. He said he's been improving. He hasn't been improving. He's still consistently being beat by guys who beat him...
That wasn't the statement made by op. He said he's been improving. He hasn't been improving. He's still consistently being beat by guys who beat him in the beginning of the year. Minus the guys who are out with injuries obviously. If you want to have this train of thought then essentially everyone except Jason Anderson has been improving all year long since 2nd place riders in the championship (roczen, Barcia and Seeley) have all gone out with injuries while being behind only Anderson.

Good on Mookie for keeping it on two wheels up until this point. He's made it significantly farther than most thought he would. But don't act like he himself is improving his results because he's not. Riders going out with injuries are improving his results. When he's finishing around 10th place and Roczen, Seely, Barcia and Grant (guys who no one can deny beat Mookie on a regular basis) are all out then it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he would be right around 15th place. Which is exactly where he was at the beginning of the year and is exactly where anyone with a brain would expect him to be.
You might want to read the posts above from time to time.

"Lot's of riders out, but he still beat Bagget, Brayton, Freise and his teammate Pieck."
agn5009
3/3/2018 9:39am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 9:41am
71Fish wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
That wasn't the statement made by op. He said he's been improving. He hasn't been improving. He's still consistently being beat by guys who beat him...

You might want to read the posts above from time to time. "Lot's of riders out, but he still beat Bagget, Brayton, Freise and his teammate...

"Lot's of riders out, but he still beat Bagget, Brayton, Freise and his teammate Pieck."
So because I quoted a totally different guy than you and responded specifically to what one guy said that means I'm responding to your post too? Huh. Interesting. I didn't know that was how this worked. I thought I was responding specifically to what 71fish said. My bad I guess.

I'll just throw this out there though since we're talking about reading what people have said: "he's still CONSISTENTLY being beat by guys who beat him in the beginning of the year."
Johnny Depp
3/3/2018 9:44am
agn5009 wrote:

You might want to read the posts above from time to time. "Lot's of riders out, but he still beat Bagget, Brayton, Freise and his teammate...

agn5009 wrote:
So because I quoted a totally different guy than you and responded specifically to what one guy said that means I'm responding to your post too...
So because I quoted a totally different guy than you and responded specifically to what one guy said that means I'm responding to your post too? Huh. Interesting. I didn't know that was how this worked. I thought I was responding specifically to what 71fish said. My bad I guess.

I'll just throw this out there though since we're talking about reading what people have said: "he's still CONSISTENTLY being beat by guys who beat him in the beginning of the year."
I guess you mean, except for Bagget, Brayton, Freise and Pieck?
agn5009
3/3/2018 9:47am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 9:54am

agn5009 wrote:
So because I quoted a totally different guy than you and responded specifically to what one guy said that means I'm responding to your post too...

Oh, so he's consistently beat those 3 riders? Maybe you should look up the word consistently. I even capitalized that specific word hoping you would catch it.

I guess since he's beat them a whopping 1 out of 9 times this year that means he's consistently better. I guess I'm wrong and you're right.
Johnny Depp
3/3/2018 9:53am
agn5009 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Oh, so he's consistently beat those 3 riders? Maybe you should look up the word consistently. I even capitalized that specific word hoping you would catch...
Oh, so he's consistently beat those 3 riders? Maybe you should look up the word consistently. I even capitalized that specific word hoping you would catch it.

I guess since he's beat them a whopping 1 out of 9 times this year that means he's consistently better. I guess I'm wrong and you're right.
Improving would be a key word
Ted722
3/3/2018 9:56am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 9:56am
About the same as last year (after 8 rounds):

agn5009
3/3/2018 9:57am
agn5009 wrote:
Oh, so he's consistently beat those 3 riders? Maybe you should look up the word consistently. I even capitalized that specific word hoping you would catch...

Improving would be a key word
I need a little more than 1 race to determine actual improvement. I hope he is improving. The more guys battling week in and week out for top 10 positions the better. But he's been top 10 once out of 8 or 9 races (can't remember specifically which round we're at) so I'm just saying I'm not ready to crown him as being Mr. Improvement yet.
agn5009
3/3/2018 9:59am
Ted722 wrote:
About the same as last year (after 8 rounds): 2017 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/03/247111/s1200_Screenshot_2018_03_03_at_9.44.39_AM.jpg[/img] 2018 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/03/247110/s1200_Screenshot_2018_03_03_at_9.36.46_AM.jpg[/img]

Some people just don't like the fact that he's a 10th to 20th place rider most of the time.
Johnny Depp
3/3/2018 10:10am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 10:12am
Ted722 wrote:
About the same as last year (after 8 rounds): 2017 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/03/247111/s1200_Screenshot_2018_03_03_at_9.44.39_AM.jpg[/img] 2018 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/03/247110/s1200_Screenshot_2018_03_03_at_9.36.46_AM.jpg[/img]

agn5009 wrote:
Some people just don't like the fact that he's a 10th to 20th place rider most of the time.
Some people are forgetting what they said earlier. You need to subtract Grant, Roczen, Barcia and Seely from potential season finishers. And he spotted them 2 rounds. Glass 1/2 full.

If I'm being honest, anyone back of 10th might not even qualify if they combined 250's and 450's.
Question
3/3/2018 10:51am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 10:54am
Ted722 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
It is true,

but without including the information that he started a privateer team from scratch in 17', then filling in for a factory team from the 2nd round in 18' (and started testing a week ago with Bogle out this sx season), yes it is easy to forget this guy has as much talent as Hill or anyone in the top 10. His corner speed is great, his whoops speed is amazing, his starts are great, can we ask for more?

Put him with Peick and Hill a winter and see what he delivers, then we can really compare. What I will agree with you at 200% is that he needs as much "maintenance" as james or any top riders, he needs someone to raise both his confidence and his fitness but clearly based on the talent it is worth it.
agn5009
3/3/2018 7:49pm
Ted722 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Question wrote:
It is true, but without including the information that he started a privateer team from scratch in 17', then filling in for a factory team from...
It is true,

but without including the information that he started a privateer team from scratch in 17', then filling in for a factory team from the 2nd round in 18' (and started testing a week ago with Bogle out this sx season), yes it is easy to forget this guy has as much talent as Hill or anyone in the top 10. His corner speed is great, his whoops speed is amazing, his starts are great, can we ask for more?

Put him with Peick and Hill a winter and see what he delivers, then we can really compare. What I will agree with you at 200% is that he needs as much "maintenance" as james or any top riders, he needs someone to raise both his confidence and his fitness but clearly based on the talent it is worth it.
He definitely has the talent. He just doesn't have the work ethic and drive to be a top 10 guy consistently.

Post a reply to: Mookie improving

The Latest