Mookie getting into shape?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 9:59 AM

We know he has the speed to break into the top five, but he fades. He had his best 450 finish and you don't finish 6th at races like Indy in this crowd by sitting on the couch all week. Hopefully he continues to improve and stay in shape throughout the summer. Anyway, just thought he deserved a little recognition.

|

3/26/2018 10:02 AM

Good job Mookie. Hope he can build off of that.

|

3/26/2018 10:20 AM

i really dont see Mookie as a top 5 rider if all riders are fit ..

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

3/26/2018 10:21 AM

I think his fitness is better but also this class is weeded out pretty good. If everyone is back healthy like say Glendale or Oakland then you have Roczen, Barcia, Seely, Grant who all finish in front him most nights. Even his teammate Bogle, if healthy, is about the same level as Mookie. No disrespect here, just stating the facts.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

3/26/2018 10:27 AM

Not to beat a dead horse but "getting into shape"? really? I love watching mookie ride out there but he knew he was racing this season since last season ended. He had lots of time to train I would imagine.......

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

3/26/2018 10:41 AM

He’s always posting pics of him at the gym or on his road bike or riding at his house..... do people here really know what he does or doesn’t do all week?? People speculate on him because of his stomach being a little pudgy. You know he has a slow metabolism. He was always a chunky ass kid. There is room for improvement just as there is with bout 90% of the riders out there. I just don’t believe he’s as out of shape as people bitch about on here. He’s had some wild luck also.

|

3/26/2018 10:50 AM

Any word on if he is going to do outdoors?

|

3/26/2018 11:12 AM

Tons of guys are out. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Obviously that’s a testament to him staying injury free, but I don’t think it’s fair to chalk this 6th place up to getting back into shape.

|

3/26/2018 11:34 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Tons of guys are out. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Obviously that’s a testament to him staying injury free, but I ...more

You could say that about any of the.. all of a sudden improved a bunch racers.. This is just a year of attrition. Some are taking advantage and are having their shining moments. As the saying goes.. gotta be in it to win it and in this case, in it to get podium/top5's they "probably" wouldn't get when the field is full.. or not so many of the upper echelon racers out.

|

3/26/2018 11:41 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Tons of guys are out. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Obviously that’s a testament to him staying injury free, but I ...more

jbomx363 wrote:

You could say that about any of the.. all of a sudden improved a bunch racers.. This is just a year of attrition. Some are ...more

Yeah. I’m not discrediting his finish at all. Just saying I don’t think we can chalk it up to getting into shape like OP claims. This is about being one of the top riders who has remained healthy, not about getting into shape and thus getting better finishes.

|

3/26/2018 11:47 AM

The "tons of guys out" thing is ignoring what the sport actually is. This isn't a JS7-one-lap series. Who cares if you're fast for a minute, that's never been what moto is about, except maybe straight rhythm. The points at the end of the year will tell you who is the best for the season, in order. The results for each race will tell you who was the best for the race, in order. It's all very simple and it's how it's been forever.

|

3/26/2018 11:57 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Lol stop.

|

3/26/2018 12:03 PM

Has stated multiple times he wants to do outdoors he just needs a ride

|

3/26/2018 12:06 PM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Has stated multiple times he wants to do outdoors he just needs a ride

Well....wanting to and actually doing it are two different things and until I see it I'm going with him saying he wants to do outdoors if he gets a ride is more of a PC-right thing to say type of answer

|

3/26/2018 12:13 PM

byke wrote:

The "tons of guys out" thing is ignoring what the sport actually is. This isn't a JS7-one-lap series. Who cares if you're fast ...more

I’m not sure how you’re misinterpreting what I’m saying. Literally all I’m saying is that his 6th can’t be contributed to getting into shape. It can be contributed to several other things and I’m not discrediting it whatsoever.

|

3/26/2018 12:16 PM

*Attributed*, but your point is noted, however I still think his fitness is improving. Of all the races for Mookie to fade deep into the tens, that was one of them.

|

3/26/2018 12:52 PM

I think it's a combination of both really? Some faster dudes are out or having some mid season slumps , but Malcolm does seem to be getting into better race shape. You tend to make more mistakes when your fitness isn't on par , and he seems to be smoothing out. I said it at the beginning of the season that he was no where near the shape he should have been. But he's making process , which is cool to see.

Side note : I would like to see him try the outdoors again. It could help him with a 2019 SX ride.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/26/2018 1:12 PM

I really like Malcolm but i never thought he'd be doing as good as he is in the Pro's. When he was riding A class at the LL qualifiers a few years ago he was at all the same races as the kid i was wrenching for at the time. He had a hard time keeping it near the front. Taylor Futtrell, Shawn Rife ETC would run off and leave him. Hope to see him steadily improve. His attitude is good for the sport.

|

3/26/2018 1:37 PM

Flip109 wrote:

He’s always posting pics of him at the gym or on his road bike or riding at his house..... do people here really know what he ...more

Slow metabolism, and bad luck? Lol

Damn, I just posted in a Stewart thread.

|

3/26/2018 2:47 PM

Nice ride for Mookie. Looks like the hard work at JGR is starting to pay off for him.

|

3/26/2018 4:17 PM

What are the chances of JGR signing him full time and fielding 4 riders in the premiere class next season? Hill, Peick, Bogle and Stewart is a good lineup and gives them 4 guys who are capable of finishing in the top 10 in SX. Hill is a guy who might win a race or two in supercross but probably top 15 outdoors, Weston is a solid top 5-7 guy indoors and top 10 guy outdoors and Bogle will give you some top 10’s in supercross and is capable of winning races outdoors.

Mookie as a 4th rider in SX and fill in rider outdoors gives you top 10 speed and brings in a ton of fans in the pits based on last name alone.

|

3/26/2018 4:18 PM

Also, imagine if Malcolm had taken the MCR deal. Those have been some of the fastest bikes all year.

|

3/26/2018 4:21 PM

TymeMoto wrote:

What are the chances of JGR signing him full time and fielding 4 riders in the premiere class next season? Hill, Peick, Bogle ...more

I could see it maybe happening. Mookie and WP are definitely cheaper. Bogle and hill will be payed more but definitely possible IMO

|

3/26/2018 4:23 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

In that case brayton only won because so many guys were out. Stop it with that. People get injured. You can only race who’s on the line. Can’t take credit away from Mookie

|

3/26/2018 4:39 PM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

I'm sure he would love to, but it might be best to skip the outdoors and spend that time preparing for 2019 SX.

|

3/26/2018 8:13 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

In that case brayton only won because so many guys were out. Stop it with that. People get injured. You can only race who’s on ...more

I see you also have reading comprehension problems. I am done explaining myself to you guys. My god this is sad.

|

3/26/2018 8:55 PM

That was my bad for bringing it up. I see people use that excuse all the time and I thought you were using it the typical way, which is to refute the legitimacy of his finish position. But, you used it to explain how it could *mask* poor conditioning, which may or may not be the case, but you're right that it could. The only thing I'd like to mention again is that Indy was gnarly and the second place guy finished nearly 30sec back, so I think for his best finish to come at a tough race says it's more likely that he's building a solid base. If we really wanted to geek out on it, we'd compare the percentage of decrease in lap times throughout this season and last, as well as against some other riders. Then we could quantify it.

|

3/26/2018 9:48 PM

I predict Malcom gets a two year deal, rides both series, and this time next year will be a contender. Let's not forget who he rides with, he's got some great info accessible to him through his brother. I think he may even get a title some day, he's fast kids

|

3/26/2018 10:09 PM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

We need to know if his internal organs are fully healed. Last time he rode outdoors he had heat exhaustion and huge problems with his liver or kidneys afterwards. It took him long time to recover.

|

3/26/2018 10:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 10:23 PM

Doesn’t matter who is out. No different than local racing. If the fast guys can’t race and the 3rd or 4th place guy shows up and wins. It is a win, period. Same thing with Sx.

|