Mookie bto announcement

kxf169
Fantasy
2268th
Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 11:50pm
anyone have any insight on what this could be about?

|
kxf169
Fantasy
2268th
4/27/2018 9:28am
yes, i am aware there is a race car in the background
ATKpilot99
4/27/2018 9:53am
Great. Another social media post announcing there will be an announcement.
MohMoto14
4/27/2018 10:00am
Yep warm up videos for straight rhythm. Why risk getting hurt and mess up the chance of getting another head start In SX and a possible factory ride when someone else gets hurt?

Jokes aside i hope he is out there all summer. I like him as a rider. Don't understand him and his decision to skip consecutive years outdoors but it's always better with a stew in the mix.

The Shop

4/27/2018 10:45am
Any one consider it’s something related to JGR? Looks like it could potentially be in the JGR shop.

I know mookie is a car nut, but I don’t think he owns any NASCAR’s. Lol.
Narwhal
4/27/2018 10:49am
I see Bristol motor speedway trophies? Maybe BTO is helping him stay with JGR for outdoors. Who knows at this point, really.
NorCal 50+
4/27/2018 11:16am
I still can't figure out if Malcolm is rich or not. He sure seems to be rich, but he's a "struggling" rider. Does he have $100 in the bank and just uses James' garage and all James' stuff and gets to live on a nice property because of that?
It's not that important, but it's hard to reconcile the "struggling privateer" with the amazingly opulent lifestyle he seems to live. I'm a huge fan of Malcolm btw, I think he brings a lot of unique personality and charisma into a sport that needs it REALLY badly.
4/27/2018 11:24am
"Coming Mid May"

2018 RACE SCHEDULE

DATE TRACK CITY
May 19 Hangtown Motocross Classic Sacramento, CA

Entry List

NUMBER NAME HOMETOWN SPONSORS
27 Malcolm Stewart Haines City, FL JGR BTOsports SevenMX Suzuki
MelonFan123
4/27/2018 12:56pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I still can't figure out if Malcolm is rich or not. He sure seems to be rich, but he's a "struggling" rider. Does he have $100...
I still can't figure out if Malcolm is rich or not. He sure seems to be rich, but he's a "struggling" rider. Does he have $100 in the bank and just uses James' garage and all James' stuff and gets to live on a nice property because of that?
It's not that important, but it's hard to reconcile the "struggling privateer" with the amazingly opulent lifestyle he seems to live. I'm a huge fan of Malcolm btw, I think he brings a lot of unique personality and charisma into a sport that needs it REALLY badly.
Where do you get this "struggling privateer" narrative from?
IWreckALot
4/27/2018 1:06pm
Where do you get this "struggling privateer" narrative from?
It's seemingly the vibe put out there by Mookie's camp/ fans.
Johnny Depp
4/27/2018 1:15pm
"Coming Mid May" 2018 RACE SCHEDULE DATE TRACK CITY May 19 Hangtown Motocross Classic Sacramento, CA Entry List NUMBER NAME HOMETOWN SPONSORS 27 Malcolm Stewart Haines...
"Coming Mid May"

2018 RACE SCHEDULE

DATE TRACK CITY

Entry List

Winner! Thread Killer.
4/27/2018 2:34pm
"Coming Mid May" 2018 RACE SCHEDULE DATE TRACK CITY May 19 Hangtown Motocross Classic Sacramento, CA Entry List NUMBER NAME HOMETOWN SPONSORS 27 Malcolm Stewart Haines...
"Coming Mid May"

2018 RACE SCHEDULE

DATE TRACK CITY

Entry List

Awesome. Last time he raced outdoors he did pretty well if I remember correctly.
BroFoSho
4/27/2018 3:31pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I still can't figure out if Malcolm is rich or not. He sure seems to be rich, but he's a "struggling" rider. Does he have $100...
I'm sure if you look at this financial statements he is doing just fine.

He's a "stuggling" rider because he is probably unwilling to throw his own money to go racing. I can't argue with that logic either. Racing is his job, why would you spend money to go to work?
Rdubs19
4/27/2018 3:37pm
BroFoSho wrote:
I'm sure if you look at this financial statements he is doing just fine. He's a "stuggling" rider because he is probably unwilling to throw his...

He's a "stuggling" rider because he is probably unwilling to throw his own money to go racing. I can't argue with that logic either. Racing is his job, why would you spend money to go to work?
Don't know why you would spend your own money to go work? Ever met any roofers, sheet rock and tile contractors, painters, carpenters, lawn guys, or electricians?
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
4/27/2018 4:31pm
Yep every roofer sheet rock and tile contractor Painter Lawn guy electrician and carpenter i have ever meet has put there own money into buying Tools advertisement Trucks trailers License Insurance workers comp . Bla bla bla just to go to work
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/27/2018 4:53pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
BroFoSho wrote:
I'm sure if you look at this financial statements he is doing just fine. He's a "stuggling" rider because he is probably unwilling to throw his...

"Racing is his job, why would you spend money to go to work?"

I don't know, ask Dean Wilson.
jeffro503
4/27/2018 4:56pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
BroFoSho wrote:

If that is truly how you think , you have no concept on how working for yourself....actually works.
MelonFan123
4/27/2018 4:58pm
I guess my idea of "struggling" is different than some of you.

At what point recently has he been a "struggling privateer"? He had multiple years on Geico (championship) He had support from Ride365 last year. He has paid sponsorship deals with Seven, Shoei and Gaerne. He makes $ before he's even on the track, to me that's not "struggling". Alex Nagy sleeping in his van in the pits during the snow storm in MN is "struggling"

Malcolm also had his own motorhome ready to go in CA this year before the JGR fill in came up. He had his own Kawasakis which i assume he bought. Isn't that "paying to work"?

... can't believe i'm getting sucked into a Mookie debate... Silly
MelonFan123
4/27/2018 5:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Yep, and it worked for Mookie this year just like it worked for Deano last year.

4/27/2018 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 8:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Yep, and it worked for Mookie this year just like it worked for Deano last year.

I’m wouldn’t call Dean the struggling privateer from last year either. I mean dam he probably changes the water in his lakeside pool more than 95% of people change the oil in their bikes.
4/27/2018 8:38pm
Oooooh! I got it!

Jgr is so determined to keep Phil out of MX (for some reason) that they're going to put Mookie (notorious non-MX) on the bike this summer.
thewrizzle
4/27/2018 9:18pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
BroFoSho wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
If that is truly how you think , you have no concept on how working for yourself....actually works.
So as you work for yourself, do you just go out and work hoping that eventually someone will pay you to do the job?
mb60
4/27/2018 9:39pm
Mookie can run top 10 outdoors. JGR has the right idea. The guy is a name choice with the Stewart last name.
4/27/2018 9:44pm
Oooooh! I got it! Jgr is so determined to keep Phil out of MX (for some reason) that they're going to put Mookie (notorious non-MX) on...
Oooooh! I got it!

Jgr is so determined to keep Phil out of MX (for some reason) that they're going to put Mookie (notorious non-MX) on the bike this summer.
Since Malcolm has been pro, I think he's raced more outdoor seasons than not. I could be wrong. Anyone know off the top of their head? Either way, if he is willing to do it and the team sees the value of the investment (No offense to Phil but more people are going to show up at the JGR rig to see Malcolm than Phil, guaranteed), how is this a bad idea? You think Phils results would be that much better than Malcolms?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/27/2018 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 9:59pm
Malcolm has done two outdoor season on the 250 and two on the 450 since 2011. He hasn't raced outdoors since 2014.

2011: 250 he finished 11th O/A
2012: 250 he finished 11th O/A
2013: 450 he finished 13th O/A
2014: 450 he finished 16th O/A

Nicoletti

2015: 450 he finished 8th O/A
2016: 450 he finished 5th O/A
2017: 450 he finished 26th O/A (3 races)
4/27/2018 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 9:59pm
So hes batting about .500 at attending motocross nationals. Not bad. LaughingTongue

How about some "break out" rides Mav? What's his best moto and overall finishes on the 450?
urbanlift707
4/27/2018 10:12pm
Just curious, but what do you guys think a championship bonus for 250 guys was when he won. I’d imagine with that bonus plus salary plus race win bonuses that was a pretty well earned lucrative season.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/27/2018 10:14pm
So hes batting about .500 at attending motocross nationals. Not bad. :laugh: :P How about some "break out" rides Mav? What's his best moto and overall...
So hes batting about .500 at attending motocross nationals. Not bad. LaughingTongue

How about some "break out" rides Mav? What's his best moto and overall finishes on the 450?
Best overall is a 4th, Budds Creek 2013. Best moto was a 3rd same race.

Nicoletti's best overall is a 5th a few times and best moto is 4th a few times.

Post a reply to: Mookie bto announcement

The Latest