Mookie-Out of a Ride AGAIN!

chasetwo79
5/3/2021 1:40pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Not as sure as you sound. I heard AP gone. Mookie talking to Husky.

Am I wrong?

Or you could text me and tell me.
langhammx wrote:
Not saying you’re wrong, I’m hoping you are right... Mookie would do well on that bike. Star is killing it on their rider pics, I’m sure...
Not saying you’re wrong, I’m hoping you are right...
Mookie would do well on that bike.
Star is killing it on their rider pics, I’m sure they would like a 450 on the podium at most rounds next year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them spend some money to get one.
I’m just not sure that Jason is their best pick for that spot.
davistld01 wrote:
I'm just wondering how Anderson would do on the Star Yamaha.

I can also see Mookie on the Husky. Of course...I don't know nothin.
I think Mookie has an easier transition to a Husky than JA to a Yamaha and that’s coming from a HUGE team fried fan.
mb60
5/3/2021 5:50pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I agree on the Anderson pick. If I’m at Star I bring up Craig and/or Martin. Andos time is past, you’re paying big money for the...
I agree on the Anderson pick. If I’m at Star I bring up Craig and/or Martin. Andos time is past, you’re paying big money for the possibility of exposure.
So Anderson's time has passed but Marvin can still podium and win?
Johnny Ringo
5/3/2021 6:48pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Not as sure as you sound. I heard AP gone. Mookie talking to Husky.

Am I wrong?

Or you could text me and tell me.
langhammx wrote:
Not saying you’re wrong, I’m hoping you are right... Mookie would do well on that bike. Star is killing it on their rider pics, I’m sure...
Not saying you’re wrong, I’m hoping you are right...
Mookie would do well on that bike.
Star is killing it on their rider pics, I’m sure they would like a 450 on the podium at most rounds next year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them spend some money to get one.
I’m just not sure that Jason is their best pick for that spot.
UpTiTe wrote:
I agree on the Anderson pick. If I’m at Star I bring up Craig and/or Martin. Andos time is past, you’re paying big money for the...
I agree on the Anderson pick. If I’m at Star I bring up Craig and/or Martin. Andos time is past, you’re paying big money for the possibility of exposure.
I get Ando comes with a hefty price tag but he out performs Craig and Jmart hands down
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
5/3/2021 6:48pm
UpTiTe wrote:
mb60 wrote:
So Anderson's time has passed but Marvin can still podium and win?
That’s my opinion for this year. But, Jason is unhappy where he is at, so he may be rejuvenated next year.

We’ll see.

The Shop

TeamGreen
5/3/2021 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2021 7:25pm
Y’all are gonna laugh me outta here; and, that’s fine...
But...
Suzuki would do well to get a REAL Factory Team and bring Jason home.
mb60
5/3/2021 7:04pm
UpTiTe wrote:
That’s my opinion for this year. But, Jason is unhappy where he is at, so he may be rejuvenated next year.

We’ll see.
Agreed that Anderson has thrown in the towel at Husky. No doubt a change of scenery might do him well. Seemed to help Barcia.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
5/3/2021 7:20pm
TeamGreen wrote:
But...
With Bobby running the team
Up Wind
5/3/2021 7:21pm
TeamGreen wrote:
But...
He was on a KTM before a Suzuki if my memory is correct. Bob Walker was also trying to get him on a MM Deegan funded Yamaha Team before Suzuki as well.
Up Wind
5/3/2021 7:36pm
UpTiTe wrote:

We’ll see.
mb60 wrote:
Agreed that Anderson has thrown in the towel at Husky. No doubt a change of scenery might do him well. Seemed to help Barcia.
Barcia did so much better. 1 point per round and 1final place better than the old Yamaha Team and bike. #7 almost took 4th. The new Star team and bike would have had him finishing way better! Malcom and Ferrandis were much faster than Barcia in the ending off the season. Plessinger also slapped him around throughout the season. He made a big mistake going to Gas Gas IMO. My guess is 7 and 14 will beat him frequently in outdoors.
tek14
5/3/2021 10:37pm
UpTiTe wrote:

We’ll see.
mb60 wrote:
Whats happened at Husky other than Bobby is gone? Good salary and best factory support with great bike will make you unhappy?
Up Wind
5/3/2021 11:01pm
UpTiTe wrote:

We’ll see.
mb60 wrote:
tek14 wrote:
Whats happened at Husky other than Bobby is gone? Good salary and best factory support with great bike will make you unhappy?
It has to be the bike. 🍊 plastic would have brought them many wins.
Zycki11
5/4/2021 9:07am
Anderson still has plenty of fire left in him. He would do well on a Star Yamaha. Hoping it happens if they don't retain Mookie.
Zycki11
5/4/2021 9:09am
I would venture that Plessinger goes to KTM with Cooper, just because of friendship and the possibility of a greener pasture. Anderson and Plessinger are the large dominos that need to fall. Marvin will be retained for a low cost, high bonus incentive contract.
D.K.O.N.
Fantasy
2469th
5/4/2021 9:18am
I haven't read the whole thread, but do you think Mookie not running outdoors is severely hindering his ability to keep a ride?
Teej317
Fantasy
1909th
5/4/2021 9:27am
Mookie is in a good spot....he's gonna stay at Star or be going to Husky. His results this year in SX have provided him with options for 2022.
D.K.O.N.
Fantasy
2469th
5/4/2021 9:30am
Teej317 wrote:
Mookie is in a good spot....he's gonna stay at Star or be going to Husky. His results this year in SX have provided him with options...
Mookie is in a good spot....he's gonna stay at Star or be going to Husky. His results this year in SX have provided him with options for 2022.
I read this like staying at Star wasn't an option, but maybe I read it wrong.

I agree that he'll be good on finding a ride, I really really wish he'd just go outdoors though! It's so wild to me that he doesn't want to.
TeamGreen
5/4/2021 9:59am
Teej317 wrote:
Mookie is in a good spot....he's gonna stay at Star or be going to Husky. His results this year in SX have provided him with options...
D.K.O.N. wrote:
I read this like staying at Star wasn't an option, but maybe I read it wrong. I agree that he'll be good on finding a ride...

I agree that he'll be good on finding a ride, I really really wish he'd just go outdoors though! It's so wild to me that he doesn't want to.
I may be a little slow on this; but, has he said he doesn’t want to/won’t ride outdoors?
davistld01
5/4/2021 10:15am
UpTiTe wrote:

We’ll see.
Do you think it's because Hewitt left...or is he bummed by the bike? I've read that Bobby was they guy who believed in Jason even when a lot of people had almost written him off, and Jason was super loyal to him.
peltier626
5/4/2021 11:06am
Mookie on an Austrian under the tutelage of Decoster and Baker = Championship contender.
Johnny Ringo
5/4/2021 11:28am
peltier626 wrote:
Mookie on an Austrian under the tutelage of Decoster and Baker = Championship contender.
Just like Broc Tickle...
D.K.O.N.
Fantasy
2469th
5/4/2021 11:34am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2021 11:36am
Teej317 wrote:
D.K.O.N. wrote:
I read this like staying at Star wasn't an option, but maybe I read it wrong. I agree that he'll be good on finding a ride...

I don't know...he's pretty ambiguous about it:

https://dirtbikerider.com/news/news-malcolm-stewart-talks-racing-outdoo…

But he hasn't raced outdoors since what?....2015? Is that right? It's been a long time, I know that.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
5/4/2021 11:59am
UpTiTe wrote:

We’ll see.
davistld01 wrote:
Do you think it's because Hewitt left...or is he bummed by the bike? I've read that Bobby was they guy who believed in Jason even when...
Do you think it's because Hewitt left...or is he bummed by the bike? I've read that Bobby was they guy who believed in Jason even when a lot of people had almost written him off, and Jason was super loyal to him.
That's what I recall also.
nate 415
5/4/2021 12:19pm
Ramrod wrote:
This is correct. He had a great SX season. I don't like this thought of mine but perhaps Dean gets clipped at the end of the...
This is correct. He had a great SX season.

I don't like this thought of mine but perhaps Dean gets clipped at the end of the year and that team could sub in Stewart?
MX304 wrote:
I think JA21 goes to Star and Mookie goes to Husky. Or maybe Gas Gss, if KTM wants to trim one rider from Husky long term.
Up Wind wrote:
I think Malcom is only going to get better. Jason has been there and done that already. Hopefully the Star Yamaha program includes 14, 21 and...
I think Malcom is only going to get better. Jason has been there and done that already. Hopefully the Star Yamaha program includes 14, 21 and 27.
Why would you think he is only going to get better? He is old by moto standards and lacks the elite fitness of the top riders. Add the kidney issues and you have a guy who probably has peaked. Not a hater, nothing but respect for what he has acomplished
ktmwoods
5/4/2021 12:26pm
peltier626 wrote:
I def see top 3 potential with that combo and mental fitness as well. He is still on the up
Up Wind
5/4/2021 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2021 1:46pm
MX304 wrote:
I think JA21 goes to Star and Mookie goes to Husky. Or maybe Gas Gss, if KTM wants to trim one rider from Husky long term.
Up Wind wrote:
I think Malcom is only going to get better. Jason has been there and done that already. Hopefully the Star Yamaha program includes 14, 21 and...
I think Malcom is only going to get better. Jason has been there and done that already. Hopefully the Star Yamaha program includes 14, 21 and 27.
nate 415 wrote:
Why would you think he is only going to get better? He is old by moto standards and lacks the elite fitness of the top riders...
Why would you think he is only going to get better? He is old by moto standards and lacks the elite fitness of the top riders. Add the kidney issues and you have a guy who probably has peaked. Not a hater, nothing but respect for what he has acomplished
Get your popcorn ready if Malcom stays on that Yamaha. He will be up front alot next year. I agree that the swanny 450 guys are lacking in the 450 fitness department. It seems that the #27 and #7 start to fade at 16 min mark and the Aldon guy pulls away. Maybe someone should remind swanny that a 450 race is 20 plus not 15 plus. The #14 seems to be fitter, but starts worse than most LL B riders.
peltier626
5/4/2021 1:40pm
peltier626 wrote:
Just like Broc Tickle...
Ouch!
shuggs
5/4/2021 1:58pm
TeamGreen wrote:
But...
And Max as team mate🙏
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/4/2021 5:42pm
Mookie would be a very interesting person to go to the Baker factory. He has incredible talent but is definitely not championship worthy at this point in his career. Any of you think Baker could turn him into a consistent winner?

Post a reply to: Mookie-Out of a Ride AGAIN!

The Latest