Monsters MeToo moment?

rosebud441
1/23/2018 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 7:54am
Gosh who would have thought? They seem like such an ethical bunch
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/monster-energy-lawsuits_us_5a6280c…
|
MR. X
1/23/2018 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 3:32pm
A wonderfully worded one sided story.
omalley
1/23/2018 3:33pm
Huffington Post...the “latestmxvideos.com” of news...
akillerwombat
1/23/2018 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 3:35pm
omalley wrote:
So, if the story is fabricated, what's the real story?
rosebud441
1/23/2018 3:36pm
So typical to attack the source.. cmon, you can do better

The Shop

Acidreamer
1/23/2018 5:28pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Huffington is as fake news as cnn and the onion
TeamGreen
1/23/2018 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 5:40pm
Monster isn't a small company. I'm sure they've got their fair share of HR nightmares.
Trudare69
1/23/2018 5:45pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Acidreamer wrote:
Huffington is as fake news as cnn and the onion
*cough* Faux News, Info Wars, Breitbart *cough*
motoXracer971
1/23/2018 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 6:15pm
Sounds about right:
“I thought, ‘This guy is like Prince Charming,’” she said, perched on a black leather couch below the print Hamilton bought her, a playful piece depicting Queen Elizabeth blowing a bubble. “I fell in love.”

What did she say she did there again?
1/23/2018 6:32pm
Let’s be honest, the Monster girls likely have a zillion “me-too” moments.

Im not sure how you judge their situation. They’re glorified strippers. Daddy issues galore. Do they have rights? Sure. Are they exploited? Willingly.

I have a daughter. There’s a few key points Im gonna drill into her head when she’s old enough:

1. Wave fresh meat in a starving dogs face, expect to get bit

2. She’s getting MMA lessons from a VERY early age so that in the event some douche tries to take advantage she’s able to fuck him up

3. Some of these “me too” moments are just buyers remorse. If we didnt sexually repress women in this society, sex wouldnt be some mental block. There is no reason we cant expect women to responsibly enjoy sex so they dont need to be pressured into doing something both parties should enjoy doing.
1/23/2018 6:39pm
#metoo is 2% actual victims and 98% money grabs and revenge .
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/23/2018 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 7:34pm
And 75% of statistics in Vital MX threads are made up on the spot.*

(*Margin of error, 25%)
1/23/2018 7:36pm
GuyB wrote:
And 75% of statistics in Vital MX threads are made up on the spot.*

(*Margin of error, 25%)
Gonna need to see some sources on that Wink
enketchum
1/23/2018 11:09pm
Let’s be honest, the Monster girls likely have a zillion “me-too” moments. Im not sure how you judge their situation. They’re glorified strippers. Daddy issues galore...
Let’s be honest, the Monster girls likely have a zillion “me-too” moments.

Im not sure how you judge their situation. They’re glorified strippers. Daddy issues galore. Do they have rights? Sure. Are they exploited? Willingly.

I have a daughter. There’s a few key points Im gonna drill into her head when she’s old enough:

1. Wave fresh meat in a starving dogs face, expect to get bit

2. She’s getting MMA lessons from a VERY early age so that in the event some douche tries to take advantage she’s able to fuck him up

3. Some of these “me too” moments are just buyers remorse. If we didnt sexually repress women in this society, sex wouldnt be some mental block. There is no reason we cant expect women to responsibly enjoy sex so they dont need to be pressured into doing something both parties should enjoy doing.
I don't think these 6 women who worked at Monster were Monster Girls at a Supercross event....

??
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
1/24/2018 3:49am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2018 3:53am
The huff, what a garbage...

Women readily accept new ideas because they are ignorant; they spread them easily, because they are light; they support them a long time, because they are stubborn.

Dominants understood it well...

Women's, the problem is elsewhere...
TXDirt
1/24/2018 4:02am
What a hit piece.
flarider
1/24/2018 5:20am
Source?
Donovan759
1/24/2018 5:50am
Huffingtonpost.. hahaha

Next up, Alex Jones of Infowars and Howard Stern collaborate to bring us a story about how Monster Energy is pumping high levels of papaya juice and milk into potential future employees to help naturally enlarge their breasts... SMH...
twotwosix
1/24/2018 5:57am
Sounds about right to me. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if every story was true.
flarider
1/24/2018 6:15am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2018 6:16am
Donovan759 wrote:
Huffingtonpost.. hahaha Next up, Alex Jones of Infowars and Howard Stern collaborate to bring us a story about how Monster Energy is pumping high levels of...
Huffingtonpost.. hahaha

Next up, Alex Jones of Infowars and Howard Stern collaborate to bring us a story about how Monster Energy is pumping high levels of papaya juice and milk into potential future employees to help naturally enlarge their breasts... SMH...
http://www.businessinsider.com/women-file-lawsuit-against-monster-energ…

Better?

The company did not immediately responded to Business Insider's request for comment.

All anyone has to do is pull the lawsuits, you realize that, yes? They're public domain unless a judge decides to seal a case, which is very rare.

So it doesn't matter who broke the story, they have the documents

That said, the prospect of there being some level of sexual harassment is impossible? Have you seen their marketing at events and what the primary (or secondary, depending on view) visual at the event other than the logo is, what?

Puppies and kittens? (no pun intended)

Always easy to kill the messenger while dismissing the message
Donovan759
1/24/2018 6:26am
flarider wrote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/women-file-lawsuit-against-monster-energy-2018-1 Better? [quote]The company did not immediately responded to Business Insider's request for comment. [/quote] All anyone has to do is pull the lawsuits, you realize...
http://www.businessinsider.com/women-file-lawsuit-against-monster-energ…

Better?

The company did not immediately responded to Business Insider's request for comment.

All anyone has to do is pull the lawsuits, you realize that, yes? They're public domain unless a judge decides to seal a case, which is very rare.

So it doesn't matter who broke the story, they have the documents

That said, the prospect of there being some level of sexual harassment is impossible? Have you seen their marketing at events and what the primary (or secondary, depending on view) visual at the event other than the logo is, what?

Puppies and kittens? (no pun intended)

Always easy to kill the messenger while dismissing the message
Actually, no... not better. This article quotes the Huff more than it gives new information.

I did thoroughly enjoy the pun. And you're right, I'm killing the messenger while dismissing the message and that's not cool. Anyone being mistreated to that degree deserves justice and should be heard.
flarider
1/24/2018 6:38am
So, you think it's implausible, considering Monster's use of women in their event marketing?

You also think that just because you dislike the messenger, the message is false

Then you think that even when followed up on by Business Insider, Monster declined comment, even a denial, is irrelevant? Now, you could say they refused comment because they don't comment about ongoing litigation, but then that proves there then is indeed, litigation, correct? If there was no litigation, why would they not vigorously state there is no such litigation?

Lastly, again because you don't like the messenger, you think they'd risk a defamation or slander suit, when one could easily go to the clerk of courts and review, either in its entirety or in abbreviation, the validity of such a suit's existence? To what gain?
Donovan759
1/24/2018 6:43am
^ I didn't say it was implausible. And my second "paragraph" wasn't sarcasm. It truly is tragic if these girls are being treated that way... I actually meant that you were right. It was wrong of me to dismiss the message that way.
flarider
1/24/2018 6:44am
Monster argued that these cases are without merit and had nothing to do with sex discrimination, and characterized the women who filed the suits as “disgruntled employees.”

“The only connection is that these individuals suing Monster for money have endeavored to band together to litigate their cases in the media,” the company said in a 600-word statement sent to HuffPost. “The cases are diverse, unrelated and do not remotely suggest a systemic environment of harassment or discrimination.”

That admission, by Monster's 600-word statement, proves there is, in fact, a lawsuit

Not litigating whether the facts of the case are true, and neither did HuffPo, they only reported that there is 5 lawsuits and some of the allegations made.

flarider
1/24/2018 6:45am
Donovan759 wrote:
^ I didn't say it was implausible. And my second "paragraph" wasn't sarcasm. It truly is tragic if these girls are being treated that way... I...
^ I didn't say it was implausible. And my second "paragraph" wasn't sarcasm. It truly is tragic if these girls are being treated that way... I actually meant that you were right. It was wrong of me to dismiss the message that way.
Ok
mxpro252
1/24/2018 8:49am
Interesting read, but took most of it with a grain of salt. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the allegations were true. But also wouldn’t be surprised at all if a bunch of it was exaggerated and taken out of context to paint a very different picture.

It probably is ran like a “boys club” and would be tough to work there if you were an average to uptight woman. At least that’s what I’d expect going into most jobs at that company. Not much different than companies or workplaces that are predominantly women run and have the repercussions of that dynamic.
byke
1/24/2018 9:35am
rosebud441 wrote:
It's what happens when objectification truly becomes normalized.
NorCal 50+
1/24/2018 9:44am
flarider wrote:
[quote]Monster argued that these cases are without merit and had nothing to do with sex discrimination, and characterized the women who filed the suits as “disgruntled...
Monster argued that these cases are without merit and had nothing to do with sex discrimination, and characterized the women who filed the suits as “disgruntled employees.”

“The only connection is that these individuals suing Monster for money have endeavored to band together to litigate their cases in the media,” the company said in a 600-word statement sent to HuffPost. “The cases are diverse, unrelated and do not remotely suggest a systemic environment of harassment or discrimination.”

That admission, by Monster's 600-word statement, proves there is, in fact, a lawsuit

Not litigating whether the facts of the case are true, and neither did HuffPo, they only reported that there is 5 lawsuits and some of the allegations made.

Flarider's right- Monster is acknowledging numerous lawsuits filed over sexual harassment- which would support, not detract from the validity of the HuffPost story.
omalley
1/25/2018 5:51am
So if I have this right, the one gal had no issues with business mixing with pleasure (two promotions) until it wasn’t going her way (fired/breakup)? Got it.
kkawboy14
1/25/2018 6:51am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2018 7:54am
flarider wrote:
So, you think it's implausible, considering Monster's use of women in their event marketing? You also think that just because you dislike the messenger, the message...
So, you think it's implausible, considering Monster's use of women in their event marketing?

You also think that just because you dislike the messenger, the message is false

Then you think that even when followed up on by Business Insider, Monster declined comment, even a denial, is irrelevant? Now, you could say they refused comment because they don't comment about ongoing litigation, but then that proves there then is indeed, litigation, correct? If there was no litigation, why would they not vigorously state there is no such litigation?

Lastly, again because you don't like the messenger, you think they'd risk a defamation or slander suit, when one could easily go to the clerk of courts and review, either in its entirety or in abbreviation, the validity of such a suit's existence? To what gain?
What? Dave putting words into other people’s mouths? Oh the tragedy!

My defense if I was named in that lawsuit would be that I drank to many Monsters and they messed me up then counter sue Monster, the aluminum company that supplies the cans materials, the label company for making it so appealing, the caffeine supplier, machine company that supplies the machines to package the product and so on since they are all obviously complicit in my derangement now......I didn’t used to be this way before working there!

Post a reply to: Monsters MeToo moment?

The Latest