Monster girl injured at start of Baja 1000. Is Monster responsible?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/22/2018 6:35 AM

Quick medical question on energy drink sponsered riders vs whatever you call the girls promoting:

Bj Baldwin just posted about one of “his” Monster girls getting smoked at the start of the race and being seriously injured. Also posted a gofundme link to help her.

So, question is, is or should Monster be on the hook for her medical bills, like a workers comp sort of thing? It happened in Mexico, so I’m sure that’s an issue and ultimately a technical way of screwing her..

How does this work or are these girls in same category as the athletes? Photo

|

11/22/2018 6:53 AM

Man, I didn’t know monster athletes doubled as pimps.

|

The race goes to the swift. Unless they fail to show up and then I get a shot at it

11/22/2018 6:58 AM

rt987 I hope for the sake of your well being you never have to deal with a serious injury. She is someone’s daughter, girlfriend or wife and a family is in a lot of pain. Get real or just stop.

|

11/22/2018 7:17 AM

Very sad situation. She was following a photographer's direction to "step back" and right as she was doing this the starter waived the Class 1 race vehicle to move forward. Right now we need to pray for a speedy recovery!! As far as liability goes I can only hope this young girl is compensated in a way make sure she recovers 100%.

|

11/22/2018 7:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2018 7:27 AM

I would expect whoever employed her (Monster directly or likely some modeling agency) will be footing 100% of her medical bills as she was injured while working.

That being said, she will need money for her living expenses..which may be what the gofundme is for,,

I would also expect the race organizers will be on the hook also..aka lawsuit

Sounds like she had some serious head trauma..

|

11/22/2018 7:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2018 7:32 AM

Brad460 wrote:

I would expect whoever employed her (Monster directly or likely some modeling agency) will be footing 100% of her medical ...more

Unfortunately these models are independent contractors and not employees and a typical model for hire contract is in place that just spells out when and where you need to be. Many times these don't even spell out how much you will be paid and you are verbally told how much! Also, many of these girls never sign a contract but only a "model release" for the pictures taken and a handler tells them when and where to show up for the gig. It looks glamorous from the outside but a tough business.

|

11/22/2018 7:43 AM

Brad460 wrote:

I would expect whoever employed her (Monster directly or likely some modeling agency) will be footing 100% of her medical ...more

Potts wrote:

Unfortunately these models are independent contractors and not employees and a typical model for hire contract is in place ...more

Sounds like the same situation all the racers are in. Maybe instead of calling for increase in purse money, should be calling for full insurance coverage with minimal deductible when participating in these events.

|

11/22/2018 7:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2018 7:54 AM

Let’s hope she has something for insurance.

Let’s face it though IF they don’t help her they have to be very libal. I mean they hit her with a truck..

|

11/22/2018 7:46 AM

Idk if laws there are different... but in ohio if youre injured on the job workmans compensation pays for it. In a way your employer pays into workmans comp. so to me, yea monster pays for it.

|

11/22/2018 7:46 AM

Brad460 wrote:

Potts wrote:

Unfortunately these models are independent contractors and not employees and a typical model for hire contract is in place ...more

yak651 wrote:

Sounds like the same situation all the racers are in. Maybe instead of calling for increase in purse money, should be calling ...more

No riders union no leverage to call for anything.

|

11/22/2018 8:15 AM

Are they responsible? Yes
Will they be held responsible? No
Will they do the right thing? Maybe, but probably not if they're top athlete/spokesman is setting up a go fund me for her.

|

11/22/2018 8:24 AM

Man, horrible situation all around. It’s one thing to be a rider knowing your life and well being are on the line everyday, but I just really hope she’s well taken care of and receiving the best care possible.

|

11/22/2018 8:47 AM

SCORE has liability insurance in place for these scenarios. She would file a claim with that insurer and go from there.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

11/22/2018 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2018 8:54 AM

Mr. Info wrote:

rt987 I hope for the sake of your well being you never have to deal with a serious injury. She is someone’s daughter, ...more

You misunderstood me. I mean no respect to her, or the accident. I of all people stand with what you describe as well. I direct that comment at Monster and the reference of “one of my monster girls.”

|

The race goes to the swift. Unless they fail to show up and then I get a shot at it

11/22/2018 9:00 AM

So what exactly happened? How did she get hurt?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/22/2018 9:07 AM

kb228 wrote:

Idk if laws there are different... but in ohio if youre injured on the job workmans compensation pays for it. In a way your ...more

And I am sure her lawyer will ask for a settlement (as she should), especially if they can prove negligence

Speedy recovery

|

11/22/2018 9:07 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

So what exactly happened? How did she get hurt?

I believe that, before the start, her leg got clipped by a tire and it caught her boot and just slung her all the way around and she got broken off pretty good. Face and all...

|

11/22/2018 9:12 AM

|

11/22/2018 9:13 AM

Seems Mr. BJ admitted some responsibility himself, in what he said there...

|

HAF

11/22/2018 9:26 AM

Xeno wrote:

SCORE has liability insurance in place for these scenarios. She would file a claim with that insurer and go from there.

Most likely.

|

11/22/2018 9:31 AM

The injuries sound horrible but the last paragraph of the article is very encouraging:

"Score International said they’re in touch with Magda Angel. They say she is recovering and apparently in good spirits and already planning to be at the races in March."

Hope she makes a full recovery.

|

Current rides: 2021 TM 144, 2008 YZ250

11/22/2018 9:33 AM

|

11/22/2018 10:39 AM

When did Vital become the place where accidents are litigated and blame is handed out?

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

11/22/2018 10:49 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

When did Vital become the place where accidents are litigated and blame is handed out?

Yeah, that's what Facebook is for.

|

Current rides: 2021 TM 144, 2008 YZ250

11/22/2018 10:50 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

July of 2006 wink

|

Ed Johnson

11/22/2018 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2018 11:16 AM

kb228 wrote:

Idk if laws there are different... but in ohio if youre injured on the job workmans compensation pays for it. In a way your ...more

Sweetd31 wrote:

And I am sure her lawyer will ask for a settlement (as she should), especially if they can prove negligence

Speedy recovery

You’d have to lawyer up even if they were covering everything.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/22/2018 11:21 AM

kb228 wrote:

Sweetd31 wrote:

Speedy recovery

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

You’d have to lawyer up even if they were covering everything.

GeorgiePorgie wrote: You’d have to lawyer up even if they were covering everything.
Why?
|

11/22/2018 11:24 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

'Merica!

|

11/22/2018 11:37 AM

Here’s to a quick and complete recovery for this young lady!

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

11/22/2018 11:55 AM

MPJC wrote:

The injuries sound horrible but the last paragraph of the article is very encouraging:

"Score International said they’re in ...more

That sounds like good news to me. Glad she'll be ok.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja