Monster SX Game Review on Medium

Related:
Create New Tag

3/16/2018 2:30 PM

Just published my review of the Monster Energy Supercross game on Medium. Since HuffPost changed their contributor policy I have been posting there on occasion.

DC, being the very cool dude that he is, gave it a mention in Racerhead today too!

Give it a read when you have a chance and challenge me to battle if you're on PSN. I'm Yoba353.

Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame — It’s Official and It’s Super!
Photo

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

3/17/2018 2:51 AM

Maverick in 3...2..1.. to tell you what a pile of shit this game is and of course to blow MvA a little more.

|

3/17/2018 4:31 AM

Wells423 wrote:

Maverick in 3...2..1.. to tell you what a pile of shit this game is and of course to blow MvA a little more.

I never said MES was a pile of shit. I quite enjoy playing it but there's no denying it has issues. If I thought it was such a pile of shit do you seriously think I would of kept playing it and be past the 400 prestige level?

I haven't read OP's review yet but like me he's on the PS4 version and it seems like it currently plays better on that platform. Go read the MES thread and see just how bad it is for Xbox players. The more Milestone tries to fix it the more issues seem to pop up. No idea how it is on PC since not many have discussed it in that thread.

It would be great for someone to review the game for the Xbox version that has played it since its release.

As for MX vs ATV I never said it was a better game than MES. I said they're both different types of game. One is more on the realistic side of things (MES) and the other is more of an arcade (MX vs ATV).

If someone is blowing anything it's Flatout with MES not me. There's a difference between continuously saying one is so far superior over the other and educating/pointing out the differences between the two. If you can't see that, well it's not my problem.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/17/2018 5:16 AM

Mav, I am on Xbox One and have had a very positive experience with it. I think I’m sitting around level 275 right now, so I have a good bit of time in it. Online is hit or miss, but 9/10 times “lost connection from host” is just the host quitting mid race. Tuff blocks aren’t a huge issue anymore, dodging them is kinda fun to do. Still glitchy on the start, but that’s the only place now. AI is challenging enough to be fun, and easy enough to blow their doors off when I want to feel good about myself for winning a video game race. It’s a bummer about the track deterioration not being great but the gameplay itself feels really good and I have to say it’s probably my favorite mx game since reflex. I have not had any of the issues that others had with menu errors or restarting careers, losing bikes, etc. I suppose if that was the case I would change my mind a little, but overall I enjoy it and it’s a nice filler while I wait for the snow to melt up here!!

|

3/17/2018 9:12 AM

It definitely has a lot of annoying issues but now that the mods are out for it on PC it’s more enjoyable riding with the factory bikes and gear, but that doesn’t change it’s flaws. The new MX vs ATV looks alright, but it looks to floaty for me when they jump and the scrubs and whips look ridiculous, the riders look to stiff looking

|

3/17/2018 9:42 AM

zuk338 wrote:

Mav, I am on Xbox One and have had a very positive experience with it. I think I’m sitting around level 275 right now, so I have a good bit of time in it. Online is hit or miss, but 9/10 times “lost connection from host” is just the host quitting mid race. Tuff blocks aren’t a huge issue anymore, dodging them is kinda fun to do. Still glitchy on the start, but that’s the only place now. AI is challenging enough to be fun, and easy enough to blow their doors off when I want to feel good about myself for winning a video game race. It’s a bummer about the track deterioration not being great but the gameplay itself feels really good and I have to say it’s probably my favorite mx game since reflex. I have not had any of the issues that others had with menu errors or restarting careers, losing bikes, etc. I suppose if that was the case I would change my mind a little, but overall I enjoy it and it’s a nice filler while I wait for the snow to melt up here!!

See that's another thing I can't quite figure out. You're having a pretty good experience on Xbox while other's are having a really shitty experience. Same game, same console, people experiencing different things.

I'm not sure how that's even possible. Usually everyone experiences the same things. Some have been experiencing issues that other's have never or have yet to experience. It just doesn't make any sense. I highly doubt everyone is lying just to bitch about the the game to make it look worse than it is.

It must be difficult for Milestone to pinpoint and trigger those issues in order to fix them when they're not consistant. In the MES thread one guy mentioned his game worked fine and then after the last patch the sound was gone.

I suppose the good news is that they're atleast trying to fix the problems. From what I've read Milestone hasn't too big on supporting the MXGP games once they were released.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/17/2018 9:48 AM

VasageXx wrote:

It definitely has a lot of annoying issues but now that the mods are out for it on PC it’s more enjoyable riding with the factory bikes and gear, but that doesn’t change it’s flaws. The new MX vs ATV looks alright, but it looks to floaty for me when they jump and the scrubs and whips look ridiculous, the riders look to stiff looking

Remember all those MES videos, it made the game look absolutely horrible. However once you played it for yourself it was totally different. Can't really judge a game by small video clips. Things are a lot different when you get to play them.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/17/2018 10:09 AM

Ever since ALIVE came out and with it the era of DLC content, the series has been straight garbage.

It's obvious quality is not on their radar and the dollar is the bottom line. There are so many obvious glitches and horrible/lack of QC of the coding that I would be embarrassed to put my name on it if I were to have been apart of that project.

|

3/17/2018 2:38 PM

VasageXx wrote:

It definitely has a lot of annoying issues but now that the mods are out for it on PC it’s more enjoyable riding with the factory bikes and gear, but that doesn’t change it’s flaws. The new MX vs ATV looks alright, but it looks to floaty for me when they jump and the scrubs and whips look ridiculous, the riders look to stiff looking

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Remember all those MES videos, it made the game look absolutely horrible. However once you played it for yourself it was totally different. Can't really judge a game by small video clips. Things are a lot different when you get to play them.

True, we'll see

|

3/17/2018 2:43 PM

There’s a 3000 reply thread on this.

|

GP740
Since 1987

3/17/2018 3:14 PM

Wells423 wrote:

Maverick in 3...2..1.. to tell you what a pile of shit this game is and of course to blow MvA a little more.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I never said MES was a pile of shit. I quite enjoy playing it but there's no denying it has issues. If I thought it was such a pile of shit do you seriously think I would of kept playing it and be past the 400 prestige level?

I haven't read OP's review yet but like me he's on the PS4 version and it seems like it currently plays better on that platform. Go read the MES thread and see just how bad it is for Xbox players. The more Milestone tries to fix it the more issues seem to pop up. No idea how it is on PC since not many have discussed it in that thread.

It would be great for someone to review the game for the Xbox version that has played it since its release.

As for MX vs ATV I never said it was a better game than MES. I said they're both different types of game. One is more on the realistic side of things (MES) and the other is more of an arcade (MX vs ATV).

If someone is blowing anything it's Flatout with MES not me. There's a difference between continuously saying one is so far superior over the other and educating/pointing out the differences between the two. If you can't see that, well it's not my problem.

Ive read both threads, every reply, and i can tell you its flatout thats on milestones payroll... dudes posted the same damn reply in the mva thread at least 25 times....

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads