Monster Logo on Amateurs at LL

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2021 10:48 AM

I see the M on a lot of riders, some winning, some mid-pack. Some of the riders have full black helmets with the big M, others have it on their shrouds. What do you think these kids are receiving in exchange? Entry fees, parts allowance, free drinks, or nothing? Just curious what they're receiving, because if it's substantial, Monster has to be spending a ton.

|

8/6/2021 10:54 AM

All of the above plus some just do it because they like the look.

|

8/6/2021 10:56 AM

https://www.monsterarmy.com/about/

You can read all about what they receive.

|

8/6/2021 10:59 AM

|

8/6/2021 11:04 AM

|

8/6/2021 11:12 AM

MX: the sport where amateurs are paid more than professionals.

|

8/6/2021 11:18 AM

crt32 wrote:

Does a black helmet symbolize something more than the shroud sticker?

I assume that they are on another tier of support, but I do not know for sure, so maybe someone with more insight can chime in.

|

8/6/2021 12:33 PM

LouisianaMotocross wrote:

All of the above plus some just do it because they like the look.

I am gonna do my new pit bike up in the Monster Graphics kit. cool

|

Ed Johnson

8/6/2021 12:46 PM

When they first started the Monster Army program in 05 or 06 I was part of the 'Top Tier'

At the time, all I got were way too many cases of Monster every month for a 15/16 year old to consume. Think it was 4 cases a month for a year. Stuff lasted ages. Would get some shirts and hats and stickers. Probably a bit different these days.

|

Turning dreams into realities one day at a time.

8/6/2021 2:32 PM

Not sure about monster stuff but in the 30 plus class in 2012 I had a deal where I would make 500 for fist for a Motorsport helmet, and it went down from there, 3 sets of free gear from that company, and Kawasaki contingency was around 2400. a few other things. I didn’t do so well but I was at the beer tent every night. So that was a win. I figure monster is making different programs

|

8/6/2021 8:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2021 8:31 PM

JaredPartridge wrote:

When they first started the Monster Army program in 05 or 06 I was part of the 'Top Tier'

At the time, all I got were way too ...more

I had the same experience. Still have my monster Army dogtags and backpack.

kinda cool looking back on it I guess

|

2022 MC350 - the daily, once it gets here
2004 RM144 - The princess
2003 RM250 - Play Bike

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Bike-Builds,46/2004-RM-Corona-build,1374304?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=3

8/7/2021 6:03 AM

They have a weird age limit on their programs. No vet riders

|

8/7/2021 6:11 AM

If I’m going to throw some logo’s on my ride, it’s at least going to be something I partake in. Hello “Bud Light”

|

8/7/2021 7:31 AM

ElliotB16 wrote:

They have a weird age limit on their programs. No vet riders

vet riders are smart enough to not consume that chit, so theres that...

|

8/7/2021 8:28 AM

I’ve always been a water guy that only dipped into energy drinks when it’s mixed with vodka, but I was surprised by the amount of different products monster puts out now. I noticed they had some different fitness waters in the cooler at a local store recently, so at least there’s options now and you don’t have to pretend you’re drinking that horrible og energy drink. There has to be something they sell that could arguably benefit an athlete with as much effort they put in this sport.

|

The dream sponsorship: Jesus and Monster energy

|

Yea, lets give a bunch of kids cases of monster energy poison. Great concept.

|

8/7/2021 2:30 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

Reggie Bush is on line 1:

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

8/7/2021 2:33 PM

peltier626 wrote:

Yea, lets give a bunch of kids cases of monster energy poison. Great concept.

Wont someone think of the children!!!! The HORROR.

Pearls: clutched

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

8/7/2021 5:28 PM

crt32 wrote:

Most guys that have the helmet can make well into the six figures. There are amateur racers making 300k.

|

8/9/2021 7:13 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

Most guys that have the helmet can make well into the six figures. There are amateur racers making 300k.

One of those guys is been getting his ass handed to him for a couple years now too. If I were Red Bull, I'd be rethinking my choice in Bennick for next year as well.

|

8/9/2021 9:35 AM

Conkey wrote:

One of those guys is been getting his ass handed to him for a couple years now too. If I were Red Bull, I'd be rethinking my ...more

hes only 15 and a big bike rookie. He's just fine.

|

8/9/2021 9:47 AM

Full Helmet is a full Monster sponsorship with a salary. Shield with a monster M is Monster Army, basically a support ride, with little to no salary, free product, photo incentive and contingency money.

|

8/9/2021 10:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2021 10:20 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Reggie Bush is on line 1:

Bush was accused of receiving $300K in gifts over two seasons in college, and was severely admonished with all his records struck from the record books. The minimum NFL salary is $660k, over 4x the annual compensation that Bush was accused of receiving.

So, no, even in the most extreme of cases, that is not a sport where amateurs are paid more than professionals.

|

8/9/2021 11:42 AM

Well 2500 for a anateur race that isnt really televised vs making the night show in sx and that is i think less.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/9/2021 1:48 PM

downard254 wrote:

If I’m going to throw some logo’s on my ride, it’s at least going to be something I partake in. Hello “Bud Light”

Photo
|

8/9/2021 1:50 PM

crt32 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Makes you wonder why a guy like that would ever want to turn pro...and have to look for a ride.

|

8/9/2021 2:01 PM

crt32 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Makes you wonder why a guy like that would ever want to turn pro...and have to look for a ride.

Maybe this will make some people understand why kids seem to be turning pro a little later than years ago.

|

8/9/2021 2:02 PM

crt32 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Whether amateur or pro, the window where one can promise to be the next big thing without being the next big thing is pretty short.

|

8/9/2021 2:54 PM

davistld01 wrote:

If you are fast enough then a ride will find you.

|

Ed Johnson