Monster Energy take on lawrence

vet954
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:13pm
I wonder how the monster "army" will respond to the termination of one of its premier "athletes"?

I bet they go fag and lay in the weeds in silence. Army my ass. Cowards at best.
|

The Shop

Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
7/9/2008 5:38pm
I thought they only signed a distribution deal with Anheuser Busch.
iro
7/9/2008 5:48pm
i wish hansen's didnt stop making the "energy" in the little can. shit was the best energy drink ever.
Active Ride
7/9/2008 6:15pm
I don't understand what the big deal is...STILL. Yeah he does some pretty dumb shit. So what? He rides a dirt bike pretty good. I am pretty sure that's why he has sponsors...To me the only problem with this is that being in jail late at night and or junk the night before prevents him from getting enough sleep.

What the old tards on here don't understand is that sponsorship is based on potential. It's the reason why Hansen can still get rides, it's the reason why teams pick up amateurs rather than take a proven podium finisher. They want them to be on their bike when they get things figured out. What if gibbs could of turned around Hansen? Or what if Jason sees the writing on the wall and gets his shit together next year in the outdoors without Villopoto. His potential is STILL huge. Even if he doesn't get any better with his behavior without Villopoto he's still a threat for the title. I think if he pulled a Matt Walker and showed up at PC even Mitch would give him a ride.

The Lawrence shit isn't as big of a deal as the House Wives of Vital MX make it out to be because it will only be a blurb in magazines by the time they go to print and the internet audience is a small fraction of the bike buying public.

Say what you want...love him or hate him Lawrence is a bad ass on a dirt bike. That's why he gets sponsored. It's not for his good looks or charming personality.

Also I am sure because of you people he is a magnet for trouble. People constantly want to "test" his reputation.

Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
7/9/2008 6:15pm
vet954 wrote:
I wonder how the monster "army" will respond to the termination of one of its premier "athletes"? I bet they go fag and lay in the...
I wonder how the monster "army" will respond to the termination of one of its premier "athletes"?

I bet they go fag and lay in the weeds in silence. Army my ass. Cowards at best.
How do you know what gay people do?
Cygnus
7/9/2008 6:23pm
I don't understand what the big deal is...STILL. Yeah he does some pretty dumb shit. So what? He rides a dirt bike pretty good. I am...
I don't understand what the big deal is...STILL. Yeah he does some pretty dumb shit. So what? He rides a dirt bike pretty good. I am pretty sure that's why he has sponsors...To me the only problem with this is that being in jail late at night and or junk the night before prevents him from getting enough sleep.

What the old tards on here don't understand is that sponsorship is based on potential. It's the reason why Hansen can still get rides, it's the reason why teams pick up amateurs rather than take a proven podium finisher. They want them to be on their bike when they get things figured out. What if gibbs could of turned around Hansen? Or what if Jason sees the writing on the wall and gets his shit together next year in the outdoors without Villopoto. His potential is STILL huge. Even if he doesn't get any better with his behavior without Villopoto he's still a threat for the title. I think if he pulled a Matt Walker and showed up at PC even Mitch would give him a ride.

The Lawrence shit isn't as big of a deal as the House Wives of Vital MX make it out to be because it will only be a blurb in magazines by the time they go to print and the internet audience is a small fraction of the bike buying public.

Say what you want...love him or hate him Lawrence is a bad ass on a dirt bike. That's why he gets sponsored. It's not for his good looks or charming personality.

Also I am sure because of you people he is a magnet for trouble. People constantly want to "test" his reputation.

You're right !
Scotty
7/9/2008 6:30pm
vet954 wrote:
I wonder how the monster "army" will respond to the termination of one of its premier "athletes"? I bet they go fag and lay in the...

Why bash a company that dumps millions into our sport? Not to mentions the millions of dollars they dump into other offroad sports? What a jackass
flarider
7/9/2008 6:32pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Energy

Monster Energy (or simply known as Monster) is an American brand of energy drink manufactured by Monster Beverage Company Inc. of Corona, California, which is owned and operated by Hansen Beverage Company. The company's current CEO is Evan Edwards. Though Monster Energy is not widely advertised in the media it receives a large amount of recognition from its sponsorship of various sporting events.

In 2006, Hansen Natural Corporation announced a distribution agreement with Anheuser-Busch in the U.S.[1] and Cadbury-Bebidas, S.A. de C.V. in Mexico.[2] Hansen Natural Corporation has recently announced a distribution deal with PepsiCo Canada.[3]
7/9/2008 6:34pm
vet954 wrote:

von zipper should take all their sunglasses back and bann him from all their stores

STFU you tool
Robert
7/9/2008 7:44pm
vet954 wrote:

Crash82 wrote:
He's probably spying on you.
TerryK
7/9/2008 7:53pm
Hard to be a baddass on a dirtbike when you are hung over.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
7/9/2008 7:54pm
It's hard to be anything when you're hungover.
KAMIKAZE
7/9/2008 8:35pm
vet954 wrote:

Crash82 wrote:
Robert wrote:
He's probably spying on you.
or JLAW!!!
andymoto
7/9/2008 9:26pm
I don't understand what the big deal is...STILL. Yeah he does some pretty dumb shit. So what? He rides a dirt bike pretty good. I am...

Who does Hansen ride for again?
Potential and performance are two different things.
Sure he has the potential; came from the performances he had dipstick.
Yeah, we're the cause of his "magnet for trouble".
You obviously are of the "its everyone elses fault, not mine" school of thought.
devheadmx
7/9/2008 11:29pm
von zipper should take all their sunglasses back and bann him from all their stores

STFU you tool
Yeah, great idea there! I'm sure that's at the top of Greg's priority list!
j100
7/10/2008 7:35am
flarider wrote:
Hansen's
moto329 wrote:
Nope. Sold to Anheuser Busch.
AB dosen't own Monster, you're wrong. Hansen's in a public company, look it up.
Cygnus
7/10/2008 7:38am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2008 7:38am
TerryK wrote:
Hard to be a baddass on a dirtbike when you are hung over.
I can drink a shit load of beer and not get a hangover . You just have to be a professional.
leanin
7/10/2008 7:58am
The bottom line is sponsors support riders for the advertising and promotion of their product. Not many corporations want their name/product to be associated with someone that acts like JLaw. JLaw won't be the first or last person that loses corporate support because of their actions or reputation.
Quantem
7/10/2008 7:59am
leanin wrote:
The bottom line is sponsors support riders for the advertising and promotion of their product. Not many corporations want their name/product to be associated with someone...
The bottom line is sponsors support riders for the advertising and promotion of their product. Not many corporations want their name/product to be associated with someone that acts like JLaw. JLaw won't be the first or last person that loses corporate support because of their actions or reputation.
I guess they aren't looking for the prominent young "bro" motocross crowd to buy their products.
flarider
7/10/2008 8:09am
Quantem wrote:
I guess they aren't looking for the prominent young "bro" motocross crowd to buy their products.
Can you supply some of the "bro" demographics?
Phlapjax
7/10/2008 10:23am
check out bro rape on youtube. haha
I don't want to know why you were searching for that in the first place let alone why you would admit you know about it here.
Trip
7/10/2008 10:27am
leanin wrote:
The bottom line is sponsors support riders for the advertising and promotion of their product. Not many corporations want their name/product to be associated with someone...
Has he lost any sponsors yet?

No, there are not many corporations that would like the kind of publicity that Jason brings with him. There are some though that do like that kind of publicity.

hidesintrees
7/10/2008 10:30am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:34pm
go ahead. judge. id say just man up and watch it... the first part is the worst.

Trip
7/10/2008 10:31am
Quantem wrote:
flarider wrote:
Can you supply some of the "bro" demographics?
haven't been to a race lately huh Dave?

Just who do you think, Rockstar, Monster, and Toyota are marketing to? Like it or not it's the younger "bro" type peeps.
Phlapjax
7/10/2008 10:33am
go ahead. judge. id say just man up and watch it... the first part is the worst.

I'm blocked from that, thank God.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/10/2008 11:12am
I thought AB was being bought by some South American brewer, or at least considering it seriously.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy take on lawrence

The Latest