Monster Energy Supercross 3 (Game)

jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
2/4/2020 12:59pm
kb228 wrote:
Can anyone confirm its not a copy/paste from the last one?
I downloaded the PC version last night and got a couple races in this morning, didn’t change anything,just ran a couple races. It felt like a totally different game in a good way!
trb989
2/4/2020 2:01pm
Literally worst. Nothing works like it should.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
2/4/2020 2:05pm
trb989 wrote:
How much time have you spent? Way worse then 2?

The Shop

2/4/2020 4:09pm
The game has its typical milestone bugs (scoring issues mostly, but other just plain weird shit happening) but all in all it’s great to play once you get the hang of it. Nailing the rhythms is very rewarding and also the AI are much improved. Not great, but definitely improved.

The customization still needs tweaks and while they added some new gear, they still have the same gear sets that have been in these games since SX1. Why don’t they remove those sets and put new gear in their place? I don’t want to wear fox gear from 2017 on a game based on the 2019 season.

Overall if you are on the fence about it and have 60 to spend. Go for it. But don’t bitch and moan cuz you can’t figure it out in 20 minutes. Take your time to figure it out and also, really learn the controls and physics. It took me a couple hours but I’m loving it.

While it’s not perfect I think Milestone deserves a round of applause for continued support of the small MX gaming community. They’ve been around for awhile now and don’t seem to be slowing down. Kudos to them.
C.Worthy
2/4/2020 5:30pm
Creiz wrote:
Bought the game on Switch so I can be on the move. Will be playing mxs and mxbikes on pc anyways. Of course I understand the...
Bought the game on Switch so I can be on the move. Will be playing mxs and mxbikes on pc anyways.

Of course I understand the Switch version had to take a hit graphically, and It certainly did, but it seems like Milestone doesnt want to put as much effort into this version than the others. I got it confirmed from Milestone service rep that there is no Special ed.(so no early access was available) and there is not going to be a season pass, like on xbox, ps4 and pc.... Pretty shitty. OFC still 60 dollar price tag
I got it on switch too. Holy crap the graphics are garbage but that’s as to be expected for a game that they most likely spent no time on porting it over. I got mine for $50.

The game is pretty hard. Still trying to figure it out.
The music is horrible and so are the bike sounds
2/4/2020 6:42pm
I thought about buying it on Switch until I saw the graphics. However, it does looks like it plays really smooth. I'll probably get it for PS4.
greenmx5
2/4/2020 7:41pm
The game has its typical milestone bugs (scoring issues mostly, but other just plain weird shit happening) but all in all it’s great to play once...
The game has its typical milestone bugs (scoring issues mostly, but other just plain weird shit happening) but all in all it’s great to play once you get the hang of it. Nailing the rhythms is very rewarding and also the AI are much improved. Not great, but definitely improved.

The customization still needs tweaks and while they added some new gear, they still have the same gear sets that have been in these games since SX1. Why don’t they remove those sets and put new gear in their place? I don’t want to wear fox gear from 2017 on a game based on the 2019 season.

Overall if you are on the fence about it and have 60 to spend. Go for it. But don’t bitch and moan cuz you can’t figure it out in 20 minutes. Take your time to figure it out and also, really learn the controls and physics. It took me a couple hours but I’m loving it.

While it’s not perfect I think Milestone deserves a round of applause for continued support of the small MX gaming community. They’ve been around for awhile now and don’t seem to be slowing down. Kudos to them.
I honestly don't mind they have old gear sets in there along with the new stuff. More is better in my opinion.

I still, for the love of God, cannot understand how atrocious the name and numbers are in the back of the jerseys. It's almost like it gets worse with every installment. This one being the name in it's largest font can't even be read while riding it's that small. They literally spend 0 times trying to make that part better.

Other than that, I think it's great with 7 hours in it so far. It is kind of weird though on the takeoff of some jumps you sometimes get a kick and go really far and then other times on the same exact jump you get half the height and distance at the same speed.
2/5/2020 12:29am
The game is good a if you actually ride mx you will appreciate it. It’s better than the last two with far more options. Enjoy and stop complaining bitches”
Mossy
2/5/2020 3:46am
kb228 wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
I downloaded the PC version last night and got a couple races in this morning, didn’t change anything,just ran a couple races. It felt like a...
I downloaded the PC version last night and got a couple races in this morning, didn’t change anything,just ran a couple races. It felt like a totally different game in a good way!
Got the game on PC as well last night. Downloading it when I get home from work. What’s your Steam name? I need some Mx buddies on there haha
Motofinne
2/5/2020 4:02am
kb228 wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
I downloaded the PC version last night and got a couple races in this morning, didn’t change anything,just ran a couple races. It felt like a...
Mossy wrote:
Got the game on PC as well last night. Downloading it when I get home from work. What’s your Steam name? I need some Mx buddies...
Got the game on PC as well last night. Downloading it when I get home from work. What’s your Steam name? I need some Mx buddies on there haha
You can add me too, simppe375.
Fantasy
2106th
2/5/2020 6:13am
Hey all, just had surgery done yesterday and have been spending lots of time playing the game. I love to make custom tracks but have no one to play them with. I’m on Xbox One if anyone wants to play hit me up with your username.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
2/5/2020 6:29am
At first I hated the new physics. I thought they made it way too arcade like. After a few hours of playing I started to figure things out and absolutely love it! Some of the sections in some of the tracks are difficult and I love that. I’ve also been racing on medium difficulty and can’t always win without using rewind which I’m almost embarrassed to admit but I think that is awesome. I’ve always been able to almost immediately win on the hardest difficulty and I’m sure I’ll get there soon but I’m enjoying having to fight for it right now.

Also, I think using first person view is still almost mandatory. The game looks kind of goofy in third person but that all goes away in first person view. I felt like the rider had tunnel vision at first which I’ve never thought in the previous games so I’m not sure if they changed the field of view but if they did, I’m use to it now.
Yeti831
2/5/2020 6:58am
Anyone here having issues with turning off flow aid on Xbox?

I change that and the physics, but it won't save. Like I switch them, but it just goes back to default.

Game is a awesome imo.
fourfourone
2/5/2020 7:11am
Finally got the hang of the game. I can beat any race on realistic by 10 plus seconds but that all goes out the window when you play online. Its like real racing. You literally have to ride borderline out of control and hope to not crash and be 100% consistent. Its makes it super exciting. With 1 and 2 you had the ability to move your guy side to side a bit in the air to make adjustment if you went off a jump to far left or right. Now you have to hit the jumps perfect.
Joe512
2/5/2020 7:53am
I'm struggling hard to adapt to this one but in a good way. I already feel like I'm getting a lot of entertainment value from it and the more comfortable I get the more fun I have. I was skeptical at first because I enjoyed the first one but never really clicked with the second. If anyone's on the fence I suggest picking it up and just put some time in before you form an opinion.

To anyone who plays I'm having a hard time finding the balance between pushing through a corner or checking up to much then the back end kicks way around. Any tips or tricks with rider weight, setup, ect?
Wicked65
2/5/2020 7:56am
Got it for xbox and playing on an X. The physics are much better. Its funny that overall the stuff that is likely complex to fix was addressed but the little things were missed (name/number size and fonts on the back of a jersey, the characters faces are pale and their eyes are buggy. Hopefully they are work on those little items for the next release.

Anyone know the best route to give constructive feedback to the Milestone team? Their website? facebook page? This forum? It would be great to help them improve but also give them props for delivering a great game. I even liked the mid-series "team day" where you race on a practice track with your teammates and other riders. Cool idea and eventually what would be awesome (probably in the distant future) is to build in a career mode that starts in the amatuer ranks and moves you through supercross futures, MEC Cup, and then on to your debut race in the SX series.

As far as DLC, it would be so awesome to bring back previous champs as playable characters and release different bike/gear associated with the glory years (Emig - 1997 Kawasaki/Shift, McGrath 1996 Honda/Fox, 1997 Suzuki of Troy/Fox, 2000 Yamaha/Fox, Carmichael 1997 Splitfire Kawasaki/Fox). I'd definitely pay for that type of content plus new tracks that are throwbacks to specific years versus the weird DLC they offer now with their own gear combos that unfortunately probably no one wants or cares about but is top credit dollars to buy.

Overall, amazing game and having a great time. Thank you Milestone!
fourfourone
2/5/2020 7:57am
Joe512 wrote:
I'm struggling hard to adapt to this one but in a good way. I already feel like I'm getting a lot of entertainment value from it...
I'm struggling hard to adapt to this one but in a good way. I already feel like I'm getting a lot of entertainment value from it and the more comfortable I get the more fun I have. I was skeptical at first because I enjoyed the first one but never really clicked with the second. If anyone's on the fence I suggest picking it up and just put some time in before you form an opinion.

To anyone who plays I'm having a hard time finding the balance between pushing through a corner or checking up to much then the back end kicks way around. Any tips or tricks with rider weight, setup, ect?
xbox?
2/5/2020 8:01am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2020 8:01am
What updates/DLC would be coming for the special edition of the game? I hate spending $80 on a game that will just be played for a year then never touched again. What will the DLC be? Is it worth pulling the trigger or should I just buy the $60 game??
greenmx5
2/5/2020 8:14am
HandicapMX wrote:
What updates/DLC would be coming for the special edition of the game? I hate spending $80 on a game that will just be played for a...
What updates/DLC would be coming for the special edition of the game? I hate spending $80 on a game that will just be played for a year then never touched again. What will the DLC be? Is it worth pulling the trigger or should I just buy the $60 game??
Here's the DLC plan https://supercrossthegame.com/dlc-plan/

Some highlights:
Monster Energy Cup track
Legends Pack - 5 riders: Davi Millsaps, James "Bubba" Stewart, Grant Langston, Ricky Johnson, and Tim Ferry. Also includes the Anaheim 1986 track
Credits multiplier - credits are doubled after each race.
Some neck braces, gear and bike graphics.

Spudnut
2/5/2020 8:59am
I’m pretty impressed with the career mode, top riders seem to actually finish towards the top! 4 rounds in on 250 west lastnight and ended up with a 3 way tie in points.

Pretty happy with the game so far other than the triple crown glitch
Joe512
2/5/2020 9:08am
Joe512 wrote:
I'm struggling hard to adapt to this one but in a good way. I already feel like I'm getting a lot of entertainment value from it...

xbox?
Ps4
Wicked65
2/5/2020 9:17am
HandicapMX wrote:
What updates/DLC would be coming for the special edition of the game? I hate spending $80 on a game that will just be played for a...
greenmx5 wrote:
Here's the DLC plan https://supercrossthegame.com/dlc-plan/ Some highlights: Monster Energy Cup track Legends Pack - 5 riders: Davi Millsaps, James "Bubba" Stewart, Grant Langston, Ricky Johnson, and...

Some highlights:
Monster Energy Cup track
Legends Pack - 5 riders: Davi Millsaps, James "Bubba" Stewart, Grant Langston, Ricky Johnson, and Tim Ferry. Also includes the Anaheim 1986 track

Shoot, when I try and visit that link it takes me to page on the site that says "NOT FOUND". I tried a google search for "Supercross the game 3 DLC plan" and nothing is coming up in the first 20 or so results.

Great to hear they are doing some of the stuff though. Not sure how they are not putting in McGrath, Emig and deciding on Ferry and Millsaps, but maybe its a license cost challenge.
motoman617
2/5/2020 9:30am
HandicapMX wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
Here's the DLC plan https://supercrossthegame.com/dlc-plan/ Some highlights: Monster Energy Cup track Legends Pack - 5 riders: Davi Millsaps, James "Bubba" Stewart, Grant Langston, Ricky Johnson, and...

Some highlights:
Monster Energy Cup track

Wicked65 wrote:
Shoot, when I try and visit that link it takes me to page on the site that says "NOT FOUND". I tried a google search for...
Shoot, when I try and visit that link it takes me to page on the site that says "NOT FOUND". I tried a google search for "Supercross the game 3 DLC plan" and nothing is coming up in the first 20 or so results.

Great to hear they are doing some of the stuff though. Not sure how they are not putting in McGrath, Emig and deciding on Ferry and Millsaps, but maybe its a license cost challenge.
They had a Facebook post about all the DLC. If you are on Facebook you might check their Facebook page.
Mossy
2/5/2020 9:34am
jjavaman wrote:
Mossy wrote:
Got the game on PC as well last night. Downloading it when I get home from work. What’s your Steam name? I need some Mx buddies...
Motofinne wrote:
You can add me too, simppe375.
Will do
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
2/5/2020 9:55am
trb989 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
How much time have you spent? Way worse then 2?
Clowns downvote instead of answering. Vital has gone to hell. I bought the game but wont have time to try it till the weekend.
BMc914
2/5/2020 9:59am
What is the best suspension setup? + and - for each?
Stuntman949
2/5/2020 10:10am
Spent about 7 hours on the game so far. The graphics are good and the physics are whatever. The beach cruiser bars and butt whips drove me so crazy, I had to learn how to use the first-person view. I really hope they fix the triple-crown scoring bug because those become throw away races. The track editor is what gives this game any value
suzuki98
2/5/2020 10:44am
I have the game on PS4 and on PC. I did notice on the PC version that the field of view in third person looks like the camera is closer to the rider making the track feel slower and jumps taller. I am on the same view and camera setting for both the PS4 and PC. To me the game looks better on PC even with my old video card. I am playing on a 65" TV for PS4 and 24" monitor for PC. That is the only things I have noticed between the 2 so far. Loving the game I only have about 6 hours between the both of them.
CR92
2/5/2020 10:52am
Okay, got the game last night got to play for about 20 minutes, but still there is one thing that bugs me. You can't change the style of the number on your bike.
Does anyone know if later on in the game this changes?? In the original release/teaser video you saw the character on a #9 ktm and the 9 was a different style. Will it be a change along with the Jersey name sizing?
Sorry if I sound like a broken record and someone already asked this. I only skimmed through the last 4 pages of this post.
All in all I like the game though!

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 3 (Game)

The Latest