Monster Energy Supercross 3 (Game)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2020 11:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2020 11:32 PM

WillyB wrote:

Game looks so sick

Wow, finally a great step in the right direction! Them freeing the rider and bike in the air has been my biggest wish forever and the fact they finally got rid of the air steering is awesome. I think they incorporated the seat bounce/preload very well. It actually gives you height rather than just sending you further so it slows you down but gives you the option to clear something if you make a bobble somewhere else. It doesn’t seem like a crazy rocket boost preload.

I’m actually looking forward to this game, which is the first time I think I can say that about a Milestone game, personally. Hopefully they continue to make adjustments to the in air physics because while they seem to be greatly improved, they need to focus a little more on the fluidity of the riders motions and how the bike reacts to the rider controlling it. Right now it just looks a little stiff and twitchy rather than smoother and natural movements. Going to check this out tomorrow after work for sure.

|

1/14/2020 5:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 5:12 PM

I would be on board for this game IF, you had a setting that when you OJ or case a jump, you get smoked.

*Edit* when I watch Yellow or Windham say "Oh I can almost hit this quad... or triple out". Without the risk of sending it, the game appears soulless. You should be doubling down because if your risk triple, you may rack your nuts and go over the bars, not because you hit some weird, invisible force field that holds you back.

|

1/14/2020 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 5:40 PM

I hope feedback is welcome btw.... I want this game to be good too.

Something All Out does really well that would really increase immersion of this game, is clipping rear tires, nose bonks, and tire taps. Anybody who plays on the more realistic side of things (which we do exist), knows exactly what I am talking about. You get a true since that the front forks are functioning independently to the rear shock. But the suspension does not stop there, the rider is an extension of the suspension in that game. Meaning the legs, trunk, torso, head, and neck, all appear to be contributing to the suspension as well. Landing heal-to-toe in that game (rear tire first) or front tire first, behave very accurately. Also, the spinning of the rear tire actually has a gyro effect, which is bizarre for a console game.

I do not think people understand, that in All Out, you are actually controlling the riders legs, hips, arms, shoulders, elbows, abs, etc. The button mapping on All Out is done so well, that you subconsciously complete these actions without thinking. In the Milestone series, it appears you are controlling a bike, that instead has a static rider attached to it.

That, and of course, whips, scrubs, and the best procedurally generated ruts I have ever seen.

And it is only their first true title Rainbow ever released. We are on release #8 here with Milestone

|

1/14/2020 7:14 PM

Sweetd31 wrote:

I would be on board for this game IF, you had a setting that when you OJ or case a jump, you get smoked.

*Edit* when I watch Yellow or Windham say "Oh I can almost hit this quad... or triple out". Without the risk of sending it, the game appears soulless. You should be doubling down because if your risk triple, you may rack your nuts and go over the bars, not because you hit some weird, invisible force field that holds you back.

You do know that it’s a VIDEO GAME, right?

|

1/15/2020 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2020 9:38 PM

zacksavchuk wrote:

You do know that it’s a VIDEO GAME, right?

You act as if their rival company is not already doing those things. I just do not respect 8 releases in this economy.

|

1/15/2020 9:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2020 9:43 PM

But trust me, video games are mad addicting, that’s why we play them. I’m all for the reversal of a sedentary lifestyle and limiting play. But you can’t be afraid to give feedback because someone is gonna downvote you or not have anything nice to say. Giving feedback is a kind act. Stay blessed

|

1/16/2020 2:35 AM

One thing that absolutely blows my mind is how the AI or an online competitor can spin you out and cause a crash by turning their front tire into your back tire at any point. You can’t pinch guys off on the inside. Nope you’re crashing if you try it. It has been this way ever since they moved to the last generation of consoles. PS3 and XBox 360. MX Unleashed on PS2 was so perfect. I wish they could update those graphics and add in the track deterioration. It was so cool how you came through the amateur ranks before competing for the SX and MX Championships. They also had the amazing BS time waster with your friends you could do with the free ride and all the different vehicles. I’ve always said the ideal game would something of a mix between Supercross Circuit and MX Unleashed with the obvious updates needed. I’d drop 100 in an instant on a game like that.

|

1/16/2020 7:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1Pedk_I0PTMWp_8KlebDl_EQeUPzhjbl

Seems to be a load more new helmets and kits and helmets!

|

Flat out,Full bore She Said.......

1/17/2020 4:04 PM

They're scanning riders today at Angel Stadium.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/17/2020 4:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2020 4:08 PM

PC version on max resolution 120+fps on 4k monitor in 1st person is amazing. Here is a link to get the game for $27.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/monster-energy-supercross-the-official-videogame-3-steam-pc

Do yourself a favor and stop riding the bike from 6ft behind the rear fender and say its does not feel/look realistic lol.

|

1/17/2020 4:57 PM

SauroneMX338 wrote:

I will upload a Daytona 450f race later this week, some tracks are great but some are way too overscaled.

Agree about the scaling. I’m a huge fan of these games and I’ll buy this one the day it comes out, but this is one thing I really hope they improve.

I’ve even noticed inconsistencies within the same track at times. The finish line jumps on many of the tracks are the most obvious ones—you can’t even jump many of them on a 250f without coming up short every time.

The more subtle examples are the tracks that incorporate a long straight away down the start straight (like Glendale), have a long sweeper (like Oakland) or a sand section (like Tampa) where one section of the track is substantially faster or slower than in real life and causes for some unrealistic lap times.

|

1/17/2020 5:49 PM

This is definately a hybrid between the Milestone games and MX vs ATV. THQ/Nordic did aquire Milestone.

|

1/21/2020 7:51 AM

|

1/21/2020 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2020 8:28 AM

The graphics on this are looking sharp as hell. Anyone that says 1 and 2 were the same and that this one looks just like it seriously hasn't played that much. 1 and 2 were completely different with the speed of the game and how the bike handled. This one looks like a step in the right direction.

I don't get why guys like tylyn completely bashed it and said about mx bikes and mx sim being the way to go. I guess I still never understand the fascination with mx sim. The game has some of the floatiest physics ever, crashing is laughable, and theres 0 track deformation. Graphics are nowhere near milestone. But to each their own.

|

1/21/2020 10:41 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

The graphics on this are looking sharp as hell. Anyone that says 1 and 2 were the same and that this one looks just like it seriously hasn't played that much. 1 and 2 were completely different with the speed of the game and how the bike handled. This one looks like a step in the right direction.

I don't get why guys like tylyn completely bashed it and said about mx bikes and mx sim being the way to go. I guess I still never understand the fascination with mx sim. The game has some of the floatiest physics ever, crashing is laughable, and theres 0 track deformation. Graphics are nowhere near milestone. But to each their own.

I think the graphics look good because they always do the previews on a PC. The last 2 version looks much better on PC then compared to xbox and play station.

I had MES 2 both on PC and xbox. The PC graphics were WAY better.

|

1/21/2020 12:05 PM

They really need to figure out the bouncing still.

Photo

|

1/21/2020 12:08 PM

EvelMX11 wrote:

This is definately a hybrid between the Milestone games and MX vs ATV. THQ/Nordic did aquire Milestone.

You’re literally right. Is anyone watching the videos that’s exactly what it looks like. Don’t understand why you have so many down votes lol

|

1/22/2020 10:09 AM

|

1/22/2020 10:44 AM

EvelMX11 wrote:

This is definately a hybrid between the Milestone games and MX vs ATV. THQ/Nordic did aquire Milestone.

xrmark wrote:

You’re literally right. Is anyone watching the videos that’s exactly what it looks like. Don’t understand why you have so many down votes lol

It’s because you guys don’t understand the difference between the producer and studio who actually makes the game.
There is 0 input from rainbow guys, if there were this game would be loaded with DLC deals and hyped up for 6 months before release.

Milestone has been working towards better in air physics for a long time, and purposely only do small tweaks every game. They sell this game like an iPhone. The few that think they see mx vs atv in these trailers are the ones who haven’t really played other milestone games, this game looks the same as their past just more control in the air, maybe a bit more suspension travel now.. and cornering looks better.

|

1/22/2020 10:46 AM

aeffertz wrote:

They really need to figure out the bouncing still.

Photo

from what I seen on a few videos is if you’re going to slow you’ll bounce, other videos I’ve seen they skim them but then bounce if they start to lose speed coming out

|

1/22/2020 11:20 AM

daemon616 wrote:

Photo
|

1/22/2020 11:29 AM

aeffertz wrote:

They really need to figure out the bouncing still.

Photo

MotoMo165 wrote:

from what I seen on a few videos is if you’re going to slow you’ll bounce, other videos I’ve seen they skim them but then bounce if they start to lose speed coming out

It’s been an issue in every moto game Milestone has made.

|

1/22/2020 12:16 PM

aeffertz wrote:

They really need to figure out the bouncing still.

Photo

MotoMo165 wrote:

from what I seen on a few videos is if you’re going to slow you’ll bounce, other videos I’ve seen they skim them but then bounce if they start to lose speed coming out

aeffertz wrote:

It’s been an issue in every moto game Milestone has made.

I thought you were a quality poster, but definitely just a troll if you are gonna say that. You clearly have never played the game. You can even skim huge whoops on custom tracks, or bounce thru then if you really suck at the game

|

1/22/2020 12:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2020 12:44 PM

MotoMo165 wrote:

I thought you were a quality poster, but definitely just a troll if you are gonna say that. You clearly have never played the game. You can even skim huge whoops on custom tracks, or bounce thru then if you really suck at the game

It’s just been one of my biggest gripes with this series. I feel like the bike just pogo sticks like that too much. In that video with reed posted above you can see it clearly. What would you say the bike is doing in the gif I posted?

Also, I’m a troll because I have a different opinion then you? Alrighty then...

|

1/22/2020 12:53 PM

aeffertz wrote:

It’s just been one of my biggest gripes with this series. I feel like the bike just pogo sticks like that too much. In that video with reed posted above you can see it clearly. What would you say the bike is doing in the gif I posted?

Also, I’m a troll because I have a different opinion then you? Alrighty then...

I still play sx2, and I don’t bounce thru the whoops? If I did I would certainly talk shit on them. In that same video you got that gif from he skims them the next lap? Should I gif that for you lol

|

1/22/2020 1:10 PM

MotoMo165 wrote:

I still play sx2, and I don’t bounce thru the whoops? If I did I would certainly talk shit on them. In that same video you got that gif from he skims them the next lap? Should I gif that for you lol

Did I personally attack you or something? Why are you so worked up over me saying I wish they would made the bike a little less bouncy? It just seems like you can bounce through everything without consequence. If you scroll up a few posts I said I’m excited to get this game when it comes out. Lighten up...

|

1/22/2020 2:47 PM

Have you ever watch C practice at a SX? Those guys bounce through the whoops more than they skim.. if you come out of the turn with speed and get on top, you skim, if you lose your momentum you bounce, seems pretty realistic to me.

|

1/22/2020 5:45 PM

Thinking about picking this up for the Switch. Looking better because it seems like they upscaled the tracks a little, or is that just me? They used to look flat and boring to me.

|

1/22/2020 6:17 PM

I wish we could see some more first person view. Isn't it this game where they messes that view up? As in , you can't even see the fro not fender while riding? At least I thought it was this game. I had fun on #1 and #2 , and I'll buy # if they didn't screw the first person view up.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/22/2020 6:39 PM

aeffertz wrote:

It’s just been one of my biggest gripes with this series. I feel like the bike just pogo sticks like that too much. In that video with reed posted above you can see it clearly. What would you say the bike is doing in the gif I posted?

Also, I’m a troll because I have a different opinion then you? Alrighty then...

MotoMo165 wrote:

I still play sx2, and I don’t bounce thru the whoops? If I did I would certainly talk shit on them. In that same video you got that gif from he skims them the next lap? Should I gif that for you lol

aeffertz wrote:

Did I personally attack you or something? Why are you so worked up over me saying I wish they would made the bike a little less bouncy? It just seems like you can bounce through everything without consequence. If you scroll up a few posts I said I’m excited to get this game when it comes out. Lighten up...

Mo + Seeing someone criticise a Milestone game = you must be shit at it!

|