Monster Energy Supercross 3 (Game)

Sweetd31
1/14/2020 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 5:12pm
I would be on board for this game IF, you had a setting that when you OJ or case a jump, you get smoked.

*Edit* when I watch Yellow or Windham say "Oh I can almost hit this quad... or triple out". Without the risk of sending it, the game appears soulless. You should be doubling down because if your risk triple, you may rack your nuts and go over the bars, not because you hit some weird, invisible force field that holds you back.
Sweetd31
1/14/2020 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 5:40pm
I hope feedback is welcome btw.... I want this game to be good too.

Something All Out does really well that would really increase immersion of this game, is clipping rear tires, nose bonks, and tire taps. Anybody who plays on the more realistic side of things (which we do exist), knows exactly what I am talking about. You get a true since that the front forks are functioning independently to the rear shock. But the suspension does not stop there, the rider is an extension of the suspension in that game. Meaning the legs, trunk, torso, head, and neck, all appear to be contributing to the suspension as well. Landing heal-to-toe in that game (rear tire first) or front tire first, behave very accurately. Also, the spinning of the rear tire actually has a gyro effect, which is bizarre for a console game.

I do not think people understand, that in All Out, you are actually controlling the riders legs, hips, arms, shoulders, elbows, abs, etc. The button mapping on All Out is done so well, that you subconsciously complete these actions without thinking. In the Milestone series, it appears you are controlling a bike, that instead has a static rider attached to it.

That, and of course, whips, scrubs, and the best procedurally generated ruts I have ever seen.

And it is only their first true title Rainbow ever released. We are on release #8 here with Milestone
zacksavchuk
Fantasy
2391st
1/14/2020 7:14pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
I would be on board for this game IF, you had a setting that when you OJ or case a jump, you get smoked. *Edit* when...
I would be on board for this game IF, you had a setting that when you OJ or case a jump, you get smoked.

*Edit* when I watch Yellow or Windham say "Oh I can almost hit this quad... or triple out". Without the risk of sending it, the game appears soulless. You should be doubling down because if your risk triple, you may rack your nuts and go over the bars, not because you hit some weird, invisible force field that holds you back.
You do know that it’s a VIDEO GAME, right?
Sweetd31
1/15/2020 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2020 9:38pm
You act as if their rival company is not already doing those things. I just do not respect 8 releases in this economy.

The Shop

Sweetd31
1/15/2020 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2020 9:43pm
But trust me, video games are mad addicting, that’s why we play them. I’m all for the reversal of a sedentary lifestyle and limiting play. But you can’t be afraid to give feedback because someone is gonna downvote you or not have anything nice to say. Giving feedback is a kind act. Stay blessed
TDeath21
1/16/2020 2:35am
One thing that absolutely blows my mind is how the AI or an online competitor can spin you out and cause a crash by turning their front tire into your back tire at any point. You can’t pinch guys off on the inside. Nope you’re crashing if you try it. It has been this way ever since they moved to the last generation of consoles. PS3 and XBox 360. MX Unleashed on PS2 was so perfect. I wish they could update those graphics and add in the track deterioration. It was so cool how you came through the amateur ranks before competing for the SX and MX Championships. They also had the amazing BS time waster with your friends you could do with the free ride and all the different vehicles. I’ve always said the ideal game would something of a mix between Supercross Circuit and MX Unleashed with the obvious updates needed. I’d drop 100 in an instant on a game like that.
1/17/2020 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 4:08pm
PC version on max resolution 120+fps on 4k monitor in 1st person is amazing. Here is a link to get the game for $27.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/monster-energy-supercross-the-official-…

Do yourself a favor and stop riding the bike from 6ft behind the rear fender and say its does not feel/look realistic lol.
TymeMoto
1/17/2020 4:57pm
I will upload a Daytona 450f race later this week, some tracks are great but some are way too overscaled.
Agree about the scaling. I’m a huge fan of these games and I’ll buy this one the day it comes out, but this is one thing I really hope they improve.

I’ve even noticed inconsistencies within the same track at times. The finish line jumps on many of the tracks are the most obvious ones—you can’t even jump many of them on a 250f without coming up short every time.

The more subtle examples are the tracks that incorporate a long straight away down the start straight (like Glendale), have a long sweeper (like Oakland) or a sand section (like Tampa) where one section of the track is substantially faster or slower than in real life and causes for some unrealistic lap times.
EvelMX11
Fantasy
1296th
1/17/2020 5:49pm
This is definately a hybrid between the Milestone games and MX vs ATV. THQ/Nordic did aquire Milestone.
greenmx5
1/21/2020 8:24am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 8:28am
The graphics on this are looking sharp as hell. Anyone that says 1 and 2 were the same and that this one looks just like it seriously hasn't played that much. 1 and 2 were completely different with the speed of the game and how the bike handled. This one looks like a step in the right direction.

I don't get why guys like tylyn completely bashed it and said about mx bikes and mx sim being the way to go. I guess I still never understand the fascination with mx sim. The game has some of the floatiest physics ever, crashing is laughable, and theres 0 track deformation. Graphics are nowhere near milestone. But to each their own.
fourfourone
1/21/2020 10:41am
greenmx5 wrote:
The graphics on this are looking sharp as hell. Anyone that says 1 and 2 were the same and that this one looks just like it...
The graphics on this are looking sharp as hell. Anyone that says 1 and 2 were the same and that this one looks just like it seriously hasn't played that much. 1 and 2 were completely different with the speed of the game and how the bike handled. This one looks like a step in the right direction.

I don't get why guys like tylyn completely bashed it and said about mx bikes and mx sim being the way to go. I guess I still never understand the fascination with mx sim. The game has some of the floatiest physics ever, crashing is laughable, and theres 0 track deformation. Graphics are nowhere near milestone. But to each their own.
I think the graphics look good because they always do the previews on a PC. The last 2 version looks much better on PC then compared to xbox and play station.

I had MES 2 both on PC and xbox. The PC graphics were WAY better.
aeffertz
1/21/2020 12:05pm
They really need to figure out the bouncing still.

xrmark
1/21/2020 12:08pm
EvelMX11 wrote:
This is definately a hybrid between the Milestone games and MX vs ATV. THQ/Nordic did aquire Milestone.
You’re literally right. Is anyone watching the videos that’s exactly what it looks like. Don’t understand why you have so many down votes lol
MotoMo165
1/22/2020 10:44am
EvelMX11 wrote:
xrmark wrote:
You’re literally right. Is anyone watching the videos that’s exactly what it looks like. Don’t understand why you have so many down votes lol
It’s because you guys don’t understand the difference between the producer and studio who actually makes the game.
There is 0 input from rainbow guys, if there were this game would be loaded with DLC deals and hyped up for 6 months before release.

Milestone has been working towards better in air physics for a long time, and purposely only do small tweaks every game. They sell this game like an iPhone. The few that think they see mx vs atv in these trailers are the ones who haven’t really played other milestone games, this game looks the same as their past just more control in the air, maybe a bit more suspension travel now.. and cornering looks better.
MotoMo165
1/22/2020 10:46am
aeffertz wrote:
They really need to figure out the bouncing still. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/4cbc21777eaf7b4229e3c7747a583ca6.gif[/img]

from what I seen on a few videos is if you’re going to slow you’ll bounce, other videos I’ve seen they skim them but then bounce if they start to lose speed coming out
aeffertz
1/22/2020 11:29am
aeffertz wrote:
They really need to figure out the bouncing still. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/4cbc21777eaf7b4229e3c7747a583ca6.gif[/img]

MotoMo165 wrote:
from what I seen on a few videos is if you’re going to slow you’ll bounce, other videos I’ve seen they skim them but then bounce...
from what I seen on a few videos is if you’re going to slow you’ll bounce, other videos I’ve seen they skim them but then bounce if they start to lose speed coming out
It’s been an issue in every moto game Milestone has made.
MotoMo165
1/22/2020 12:16pm
aeffertz wrote:

MotoMo165 wrote:
from what I seen on a few videos is if you’re going to slow you’ll bounce, other videos I’ve seen they skim them but then bounce...
aeffertz wrote:
It’s been an issue in every moto game Milestone has made.
I thought you were a quality poster, but definitely just a troll if you are gonna say that. You clearly have never played the game. You can even skim huge whoops on custom tracks, or bounce thru then if you really suck at the game
aeffertz
1/22/2020 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2020 12:44pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
I thought you were a quality poster, but definitely just a troll if you are gonna say that. You clearly have never played the game. You...
I thought you were a quality poster, but definitely just a troll if you are gonna say that. You clearly have never played the game. You can even skim huge whoops on custom tracks, or bounce thru then if you really suck at the game
It’s just been one of my biggest gripes with this series. I feel like the bike just pogo sticks like that too much. In that video with reed posted above you can see it clearly. What would you say the bike is doing in the gif I posted?

Also, I’m a troll because I have a different opinion then you? Alrighty then...
MotoMo165
1/22/2020 12:53pm
aeffertz wrote:
It’s just been one of my biggest gripes with this series. I feel like the bike just pogo sticks like that too much. In that video...
It’s just been one of my biggest gripes with this series. I feel like the bike just pogo sticks like that too much. In that video with reed posted above you can see it clearly. What would you say the bike is doing in the gif I posted?

Also, I’m a troll because I have a different opinion then you? Alrighty then...
I still play sx2, and I don’t bounce thru the whoops? If I did I would certainly talk shit on them. In that same video you got that gif from he skims them the next lap? Should I gif that for you lol
aeffertz
1/22/2020 1:10pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
I still play sx2, and I don’t bounce thru the whoops? If I did I would certainly talk shit on them. In that same video you...
I still play sx2, and I don’t bounce thru the whoops? If I did I would certainly talk shit on them. In that same video you got that gif from he skims them the next lap? Should I gif that for you lol
Did I personally attack you or something? Why are you so worked up over me saying I wish they would made the bike a little less bouncy? It just seems like you can bounce through everything without consequence. If you scroll up a few posts I said I’m excited to get this game when it comes out. Lighten up...
TallonT911
1/22/2020 2:47pm
Have you ever watch C practice at a SX? Those guys bounce through the whoops more than they skim.. if you come out of the turn with speed and get on top, you skim, if you lose your momentum you bounce, seems pretty realistic to me.
1/22/2020 5:45pm
Thinking about picking this up for the Switch. Looking better because it seems like they upscaled the tracks a little, or is that just me? They used to look flat and boring to me.
jeffro503
1/22/2020 6:17pm
I wish we could see some more first person view. Isn't it this game where they messes that view up? As in , you can't even see the fro not fender while riding? At least I thought it was this game. I had fun on #1 and #2 , and I'll buy # if they didn't screw the first person view up.
St Ann More
1/22/2020 6:39pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
I still play sx2, and I don’t bounce thru the whoops? If I did I would certainly talk shit on them. In that same video you...
aeffertz wrote:
Did I personally attack you or something? Why are you so worked up over me saying I wish they would made the bike a little less...
Did I personally attack you or something? Why are you so worked up over me saying I wish they would made the bike a little less bouncy? It just seems like you can bounce through everything without consequence. If you scroll up a few posts I said I’m excited to get this game when it comes out. Lighten up...
Mo + Seeing someone criticise a Milestone game = you must be shit at it!
1/22/2020 6:51pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Did I personally attack you or something? Why are you so worked up over me saying I wish they would made the bike a little less...
Mo + Seeing someone criticise a Milestone game = you must be shit at it!
He’s been doing that since the day he joined the forum. I’ve always been a much better player than him based on the leaderboards but anytime I’ve ever criticized the game he’s said the same thing every time: “it must be because you’re shit at the game”

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 3 (Game)

The Latest